Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,509 comments
I haven't had the chance to do the weeklies yet but I know last time the Gr B race was there it took quite a few tries to beat it. I tried different cars but I ended up using the new WRX Gr B even with that I was too slow. The thing that helped me was making sure I didn't go too wide on the turn where you come out of the pit tunnel. Once Id id that I was able to make good time on the track. Hopefully that little tidbit helps someone out

kjb
I haven't had the chance to do the weeklies yet but I know last time the Gr B race was there it took quite a few tries to beat it. I tried different cars but I ended up using the new WRX Gr B even with that I was too slow. The thing that helped me was making sure I didn't go too wide on the turn where you come out of the pit tunnel. Once Id id that I was able to make good time on the track. Hopefully that little tidbit helps someone out
Honestly I found the biggest time gain on the AI is from the start line to the corner you mention, you can gain multiple seconds on them through that section if you really push it with a car on like 150/170 downforce.

I remember when this race first showed up, I did it with a Subaru Gr. B (normal difficulty)

One pit for gas only, didn't change the tyres. So I could close the gap on the classic Audi Gr. B.

I'll try it out later and see if the stratey still works.
I didn't use the Subaru group B, just the new one that came out recently.
One thing is certain, am not gonna try it again.

20970603340453825.jpg
20970724735729530.jpg
20970588059698601.jpg

Finished a best of 12th due to the R31 pitting at the finish. 650bhp/1260kg, FM2. Pit stop half distance. RM at the start and switched to RS. Did three races with various changing conditions during the last four laps in all three. Wish this was the “real” Calsonic car just to have a racing tank. Anyway, had nostalgic fun.
IMG_5241.jpeg

20970726216383395.jpg

Finished P2 in the stock powered NSX on RH. Might try fuel management and see if a no stop can work for me.

weekly-challenge-202409w3-r5-2.jpg

Eiger Nordwand - Ford Mustang Gr.B Rally Car - This is the car for this race. Used RM tires. Pitted on lap 6 for tires and fuel. Had a best lap of 1:05.7. Easy win. Final ticket achieved. I got 500,000 credits from it. I'll take it.

Back