Japanese Classic Racing | Season Finale at Suzuka | 5th Nov '11

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 836 comments
England
Norwich,Norfolk
GTP_DaxCobra
5540577845_89207d72b1.jpg

24q3k3n.jpg

The JC Racing Championship is where drivers come to battle it out in 80's and 90's Japanese Sports Cars. It's fast, action-packed and most importantly, fun. Our aim is to get right back to the roots on Gran Turismo, driving high performance vehicles in the streets and on the track. If you're tired of driving racing cars you've come to the right place.

30l12j8.jpg

We will race on Saturdays at 3pm GMT Time.

2142z5l.jpg

Joining is simple. Put your PSN name down on this forum thread. Then, buy a car from the list below, change it's oil, Rebuild the Chassis and rebuild it's engine. No other modifications are allowed and the cars must run on Comfort Softs. After you have your car, tell us what it is so we can put it next to your name! If you have signed up for the races, please add 'TeamLotus_Eclat' on PSN to join the races!

2laq1rr.jpg

Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97
Honda Civic Type R (EP,EU) '98
Honda CR-X SiR '90
Honda Prelude SiR S Spec '98

Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90
Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC, J) '90

Mitsubishi 3000GT SL (J) '95
Mitsubishi 3000GT SL (J) '96
Mitsubishi 3000GT SR (J) '98
Mitsubishi FTO GPX '94
Mitsubishi FTO GR
Mitsubishi GTO SR '98

Nissan 240SX '96
Nissan Silvia K's (S13) '91
Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection (S13) '90
Nissan Sileighty '98
Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M (R32) '89
Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M (R32) '91

Toyota Celica GT-R (ST183, 4WS) '91
Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99
Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Super Charger '86
Toyota Sprinter Trueno BZ-R '98
Toyota Supra SZ-R '97

The list above was drawn up after hours of testing. Cars were tested both on time trial and racing ability. While all cars tested were within 2 seconds per lap there may be slight discrepancies in performance, it is up to you to make the right choice based on power, handling and drive train. Please note that requests for vehicle tests will be declined. Thank you to Bakugekiki who originally helped me devise this list.

izxh74.jpg

1st October 2011: Race 1: Tsukuba Circuit - 25 Laps (1:10 AvgLap = 29:10 25 Laps)
8th October 2011: Race 2: Special Stage Route 7 / Change Weather - 4 Laps (6:40 AvgLap = 26:40 4 Laps)
15th October 2011: Race 3: Nurburgring GP/D - 15 Laps (1:55 AvgLap = 28:45 15 Laps)
29th October 2011: Race 4: High Speed Ring / Change Weather - 24 Laps (1:25 AvgLap = 30:00 14 Laps)
5th November 2011: Race 5: Suzuka Circuit / Change Weather - 11 Laps (2:40 Avg Lap = 29:20 11 Laps)

9s8md3.jpg

Tsukuba.
This is a starting ground for the championship. It is only fitting that a Japanese car only series starts in Japan, right? This track favours both Acceleration and Cornering as the turns are sharp. Also, the last corner is very harsh on tyres, so time your mandatory pit stop well.

Special Stage Route 7.
So we are leaving Japan via the highway, flat out. Why not make a race of it? Sure, The race may look boring, just going straight, but a lot of skill comes into this. You have to time the braking perfectly whilst bumper drafting with 15 other racers! Trust me, it's a lot of fun. People will only get time to do one qualifying lap, and whoever qualifies fastest will start at the back, and vice versa. This way, the fastest people will get optimum chance to slipstream.

Nurburgring GP/D.
The shortest variation of the Nurburgring track, but this is still a huge challenge, with cambered corners making lots of driver input required. Braking zones are misleading, as most of the time you are braking on an elevation change. Best overtaking will be done on the brakes.

High Speed Ring.
What a track. High speed mixed with flowing corners. This track is very easy on the tyres, there is little elevation and has a great pit lane exit. What more could you want? Not the hardest track on the calender, but maybe the most fun. We will have a rolling start to start this race, as we will be starting in rain conditions.

Suzuka.
So, we started in Japan at Tsukuba, and we're ending in Japan at Suzuka. Weather Variation is set to on, so bring your umbrella. It's going to be one hectic fight for the title! So, about the track. It's one hell of a challenge. Constantly changing direction with variations in elevation. Have fun!

29zepnq.jpg

Qualifying:

*We will have 15 minute long Qualifying sessions before the race.
* When coming in and out of the pits, make sure you stay within the white/yellow lines
* If you are on your outlap or a ruined lap, make sure you stay off the racing line so other racers do not suffer.
* No spinning, stopping on the track or crashing on purpose is allowed
* If you want to exit to tune your car or to spectate, make sure you pit before you exit. Don't just exit on the track.
* No hitting or blocking other drivers.

Racing:

* No collisions or blocking in excess on purpose are allowed.
*If you hit a driver and gain their position, let them regain their place.
* No stopping, spinning and doughnutting
* Race leaders should always be let through if you are being lapped. Stay off their line.
* Upon entering and leaving the pits, stay within the white lines.
* Pit stops ARE madnatory. You will have to pit atleast once in each race.
* Racers are allowed to file complaints against other drivers. Replays will be watched, and if the evidence is against the accused, he will be penalised in ways seen fit.
Bumper Drafting allowed on SSR7

Chat Rules:

* No Swearing
* No Cursing
* No innuendoes or rude jokes.
* No slang or text speech.

29kozyh.jpg

1448cok.jpg

Last edited:
Jpa
Sign me up please! My PSN name is Cobalt_12.

Hey! Please subscribe to the thread so you know whats going on with updates. 👍

Also, which car will you be using?

Good choice, I may say. Not the most powerful choice, however, it handles better than most! :)

I'll join up, PSN:theirishman1234, gotta find a car first, When's the first race?

Edit.

Didn't notice the race time. Can't commit.

what time would be better? Any small change?

I'll join up, PSN:theirishman1234, gotta find a car first, When's the first race?

As soon as we have enough people I can make a date :) But if all goes to plan, not this saturday but next saturday.

How many of those cars are premium because from first glance, I only notice the civic.

Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 is Premium, but I think a couple of cars in the list are currently in the OCD.

@ TeamLotusGT5 - Already participating in another Series on Saturday around the same time.

Really like the idea though. Back to the roots of Gran Turismo 👍

No worries mate. It's our second season, it was a real laugh the 1st time round. Just message me if you're free around race time as Im sure we will have a space free or so one week. Never know! :)

No worries mate. It's our second season, it was a real laugh the 1st time round. Just message me if you're free around race time as Im sure we will have a space free or so one week. Never know! :)

The first season was awesome, it was full of close racing apart from sumo winning everything -.-. But it was a real laught

Will be closer this season. I'm going to cut the brake lines on Sumo's car and put a potato in his exhaust. Mwahahahahahha....

Ahahah, what about the pit lane incident at R246? :D And thats my pink R32, right? :D

Timing is perfect for me :D My PSN is Tom_97_COD I'm just refreshing the UCD looking for some cars, the Prelude and the RX-7 are the best I've tried so far. I'm definitely up for this but can I have abit more time to decide/find my car? :)

Timing is perfect for me :D My PSN is Tom_97_COD I'm just refreshing the UCD looking for some cars, the Prelude and the RX-7 are the best I've tried so far. I'm definitely up for this but can I have abit more time to decide/find my car? :)

Thats fine mate! Absolutely fine. Take your time. We have no fixed date yet so theres no huge rush. I will ask, and this goes to everyone, that you avoid picking cars that others already have, just to keep the grid diverse. There are no rules against copying anyone elses choice, however.

I just noticed that i only have the '97 Mitsubishi FTO. Can i race with the '97 model or do i have to find the '94 model?

Jpa
I just noticed that i only have the '97 Mitsubishi FTO. Can i race with the '97 model or do i have to find the '94 model?

Not sure about the performance difference, mate. I think we tested a few FTO's and most of them were too quick. If it's the same actual model as the other one in the list (GPX I think?) It should be ok. Planning on doing some testing tomorrow so we can always check, if not I can actually send you a '94.

But yeah, I would prefer everyone to use the EXACT car from the list, so noone gets any advantages, deliberatly or not.

Back