Japanese Classic Racing | Season Finale at Suzuka | 5th Nov '11

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 836 comments
Not sure about the performance different, mate. I think we tested a few FTO's and most of them were too quick. It it's the same actual model as the other one in the list (GPX I think?) It should be ok. Planning on doing some testing tomorrow so we can always check, if not I can actually send you a '94.

But yeah, I would prefer everyone to use the EXACT car from the list, so noone gets any advantages, deliberatly or not.

Yes its a GPX, but i will search for the '94 model in the used car lot. What time does the testing session start?

Tomorrow, when I get on. Nothing official, but I'm guessing it will start around 12:30pm UK time.

Edit: Tomorrow as in friday (30 mins until tomorrow here, just clearing this up if anyone is in a different country)

Edit 2: Just add me on PSN (TeamLotus_Eclat) and join my lounge whenever!

Edit 3: Edits are for proz.

Yea , I'm going to have to try and beat Sumo at some series :D

MadMax

Maybe me and you can have another fight at Tsukuba. Am I right in recalling I won the last one...? :lol:

So, you in the ol' Celica again? :dopey:

Thats fine mate! Absolutely fine. Take your time. We have no fixed date yet so theres no huge rush. I will ask, and this goes to everyone, that you avoid picking cars that others already have, just to keep the grid diverse. There are no rules against copying anyone elses choice, however.

Thanks mate, it makes a change not racing 900hp uncontrollable race cars :P i'm looking for either the MR2 or an FTO, i'll just keep refreshing.

Thanks mate, it makes a change not racing 900hp uncontrollable race cars :P i'm looking for either the MR2 or an FTO, i'll just keep refreshing.

Yeah, like the OP says, it's all about getting back into the roots of Gran Turismo. I don't think anyone who played one of the older GT games hasn't got a memory of tearing around a street track in an old high performance Japanese car of these sorts. And yeah, keep trying!

Yeah, like the OP says, it's all about getting back into the roots of Gran Turismo. I don't think anyone who played one of the older GT games hasn't got a memory of tearing around a street track in an old high performance Japanese car of these sorts. And yeah, keep trying!

Yep, for me it was tearing up GT1 High Speed Ring in a 80's Supra, those were the days! Thanks 👍

No problem. So, any other lovely clean racers want to join this championship?

Maybe me and you can have another fight at Tsukuba. Am I right in recalling I won the last one...? :lol:

So, you in the ol' Celica again? :dopey:

Maybee.. Not this time.
I've got many low mileage versions of cars that can be used.
I assume it doesn't matter if I use the car that has 3000km or 87000km on the odometer.

MadMax

Maybee.. Not this time.
I've got many low mileage versions of cars that can be used.
I assume it doesn't matter if I use the car that has 3000km or 87000km on the odometer.

MadMax

Who cares, aslong as you only Engine Rebuild, Chassis Overhaul and Oil Change? I'm not going to disqualify people for having no miles on the clock :P

I'm now logging off for tonight guys, It's getting late. Discuss amongst yourselves if you want to, and please if you havnt already, go through the OP thouroughly.

Well, in a practise race we worked out the 1st race will take around 30 mins and 6 seconds.
I set a fastest lap of 1:10.081 without slipstream, and TeamLotus_Esprit set a 1:09.454 without slipstream too! He had a little problem with tyre wear though, hehe!!

Well, in a practise race we worked out the 1st race will take around 30 mins and 6 seconds.
I set a fastest lap of 1:10.081 without slipstream, and TeamLotus_Esprit set a 1:09.454 without slipstream too! He had a little problem with tyre wear though, hehe!!

The main problem with my car was that it just understeared on the last turn, So within 10 laps the pace started to drop off quite bad.

Looks like Sumo is fastest again, with a 1:09.5 around Tsukuba, I set a 1:09:8 just now.

Changed Daytona Road Course to High Speed Ring due to a glitch on Daytona causing all FTO's to not be able to exit pits. Damn you, glitchy game!

Of course i'll have to join again :) Don't think i'll be as good this time though. will have noo time at all to practise. Think i'll change car, want something rear wheel drive. Haven't really decided which car yet.

Edit: I'll go for the Nissan Sileighty '98. Haven't tried it out but it looks good and that's enough for me ;)

Last edited:
Of course i'll have to join again :) Don't think i'll be as good this time though. will have noo time at all to practise. Think i'll change car, want something rear wheel drive. Haven't really decided which car yet.

Edit: I'll go for the Nissan Sileighty '98. Haven't tried it out but it looks good and that's enough for me ;)

signed you up now.

Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 its premium if it's the one I think it is.
I'll join in a minute but my internet is playing up so it may be a bit short lived.

Back