Photo Finish Racing - 2.10 How-To Updates/Amendments

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 550 comments
Yes, you can be very aggressive with the Elise, and there's the ride height suggestion for anyone encountering the under-steer that can be found.

Possibly try hotlapping Tsukuba solo for a bit, it can greatly help, though I do say the Lotus event is significantly harder (I think) then the Subaru one.

I agree with that assessment. The Fiat one was definitely the easiest for me. Although, I think it really depends on the tendencies of the driver. I tend to be a little impatient and with the DS3 that's a recipe for disaster in any car that needs throttle control. As much as your tunes greatly improved the cars, if you just drop the hammer on every turn with either, your asking for disappointment (especially on SH that turn into greasy blobs by lap 5 if your lighting them up around every corner.) I've tried to adapt to using the other stick for braking and acceleration, but my primitive brain just keeps saying, "NO, fool, the accelerator and the brake get pushed down not forward and back." And then my left hand chimes in "Yeah, and besides, if you don't pay attention over here, you are going strait into those rocks/curb/sand pit." Throttle control is definitely one area where wheel set-ups have an advantage.

Personally, I hate Tsukuba as it is, so having to run this sucked. But like I said, at least I didn't have to just resign myself to having it unfinished thanks to these tunes.

It adds downforce, why do you think they call them "splitters"? :lol:

Ok, "splitters" is definitely the finest use of the camel toe joke. :) LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with that assessment. The Fiat one was definitely the easiest for me. Although, I think it really depends on the tendencies of the driver. I tend to be a little impatient and with the DS3 that's a recipe for disaster in any car that needs throttle control. As much as your tunes greatly improved the cars, if you just drop the hammer on every turn with either, your asking for disappointment (especially on SH that turn into greasy blobs by lap 5 if your lighting them up around every corner.) I've tried to adapt to using the other stick for braking and acceleration, but my primitive brain just keeps saying, "NO, fool, the accelerator and the brake get pushed down not forward and back." And then my left hand chimes in "Yeah, and besides, if you don't pay attention over here, you are going strait into those rocks/curb/sand pit." Throttle control is definitely one area where wheel set-ups have an advantage.

Personally, I hate Tsukuba as it is, so having to run this sucked. But like I said, at least I didn't have to just resign myself to having it unfinished thanks to these tunes.
Ok, I didn't know you'd won it now, good to hear. 👍

Ok, I didn't know you'd won it now, good to hear. 👍

Yeah, it was only a matter of time. It was another situation where I pretty much knew when I threw the Elise into the first corner trying to get it to completely spin out and it staid pretty solid. Like I said, that last section I was just being way too conservative. The car almost refused to step out for me. Again, poorly tuned Elises will lead you to always have a breathless moment in any corner as long as you live.

Yeah, it was only a matter of time. It was another situation where I pretty much knew when I threw the Elise into the first corner trying to get it to completely spin out and it staid pretty solid. Like I said, that last section I was just being way too conservative. The car almost refused to step out for me. Again, poorly tuned Elises will lead you to always have a breathless moment in any corner as long as you live.
Trust me, I know. ;) Hated that special event on Top Gear test track.:crazy:

May I place a car into your queue please. I have fallen in love with the TVR Tamora '02.(Premium) I know your busy at the moment with your Shootout. So I am very willing to wait.

I will be fully modifying it with no aero and the tyres it comes with from the dealer. It will be used on any track on any day so a general setup is required, not a specific track. I use a DS3 and it will be painted pink.

If you want I can send you one fully moded after reset. Thanks in advance.

May I place a car into your queue please. I have fallen in love with the TVR Tamora '02.(Premium) I know your busy at the moment with your Shootout. So I am very willing to wait.

I will be fully modifying it with no aero and the tyres it comes with from the dealer. It will be used on any track on any day so a general setup is required, not a specific track. I use a DS3 and it will be painted pink.

I have 11 million dollars I don't know what to do with. 👍
And unless my current gag fixes my online, or the update we may get tomorrow does, I may have more free tuning time then I want in the near future. :(

Look forward to it, maybe tonight.

Do you happen to have a set up for a fully tuned CLK Touring car for the Nurburgring using a wheel at all? I've had a wager with my friends on who breaks 6 minutes first since about a month after the game came out, but I just haven't been able to get it below a 6.03. It's my favourite car and track in the game, though your M3 GTR Race car is running it close currently.

Do you happen to have a set up for a fully tuned CLK Touring car for the Nurburgring using a wheel at all? I've had a wager with my friends on who breaks 6 minutes first since about a month after the game came out, but I just haven't been able to get it below a 6.03. It's my favourite car and track in the game, though your M3 GTR Race car is running it close currently.
Are you racing online or in practice/arcade mode?

Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09
r852.jpg

Tuned Offline @ Nurburgring

875HP - 1368KG - 639PP - RS Tires
Fully Loaded.

Aero:
Suspension:
10 / 25
-10 / 0​
Gears:
8.0 / 10.0​
3/4​
2/3​
3/3​
Camber/Toe:
2.1 / 1.5​
0.00 / +0.15​
Brakes:
Final: 3462
BB: 7/6

ABS:1​
LSD:

18 / 27
8 / 27
18 / 5

Notes: Should be easily manageable with DS3.

Ferrari Enzo
enzohw.jpg

Tuned @ LeSarthe Seasonal.

922HP - 1044KG - RS Tires
Fully Loaded.

Aero:
Suspension:
2 / 25
5 / 5​
Gears:
11.8 / 10.0​
6/5​
Top Speed to 149
5/4​
6/5​
Camber/Toe:
2.2 / 1.0​
+0.10 / 0.00​
Brakes:
BB: 8/7​
Final: 2.500
ABS:1
LSD:

8 / 14 / 5

Notes: Should be easily manageable with DS3. Best time clean: 3:33

Last edited:
Interesting...was wondering if you had looked at some of the seasonal threads for La Sarthe. Reason I wonder is because the fastest times (using SRF and cutting everywhere) have tunes for the Enzo and they are running about 20-22 rear aero. I dropped my rear aero to 22 and with 114kg ballast (yes I know its a lot of extra weight but with the power etc. Really doesn't impact speed that much.) at -50 for a 50/50 weight distribution saw my times drop considerably while maintaining my cornering ability. Found the higher rear aero (yes at speed even 3 points is noticeable) actually made handling more difficult due to wanting to transfer load off the front with every bump.
Guess what I'm trying to say is that due to track surface on La Sarthe a lower rear downforce can actually be better. Also makes the car work better on the Mt. Aso track as you don't launch the car nearly as badly down the front straight.

Interesting...was wondering if you had looked at some of the seasonal threads for La Sarthe. Reason I wonder is because the fastest times (using SRF and cutting everywhere) have tunes for the Enzo and they are running about 20-22 rear aero. I dropped my rear aero to 22 and with 114kg ballast (yes I know its a lot of extra weight but with the power etc. Really doesn't impact speed that much.) at -50 for a 50/50 weight distribution saw my times drop considerably while maintaining my cornering ability. Found the higher rear aero (yes at speed even 3 points is noticeable) actually made handling more difficult due to wanting to transfer load off the front with every bump.
Guess what I'm trying to say is that due to track surface on La Sarthe a lower rear downforce can actually be better. Also makes the car work better on the Mt. Aso track as you don't launch the car nearly as badly down the front straight.
I saw things your way for some time, but either a physics change in the game happened, or I struck gold, because as you may already know, I rarely run full rear downforce on road cars, this drives fantastically, made me love driving an Enzo for the first time. So much did it make me love driving the Enzo, I earned about 15 million off it in one day. :bowdown:

I saw things your way for some time, but either a physics change in the game happened, or I struck gold, because as you may already know, I rarely run full rear downforce on road cars, this drives fantastically, made me love driving an Enzo for the first time. So much did it make me love driving the Enzo, I earned about 15 million off it in one day. :bowdown:
Actually I started off running max downforce. It was the guys talking about running 3 minutes flat and backing it up with screen shots that got me reducing it. Like I said its still relatively high just not quite max. With cuts, abs1 and my current tune I'm doing 3:19.xxx using my ds3. No cuts I'm right around 3:40 but haven't done it clean in a while since only reason I drove it was quick cash to support my buying/tuning habits!:lol:

Well I can see 3:31's pretty easily, now if we mean srf on cutting everywhere, I managed 1:13 on my third try, honestly found it more boring though.

If I'm driving for real, I can hotlap, and take some pride from what I've done, whatever my time may be, but just plowing into sand at 240mph? That's just work.:yuck:

^^ With max DF.

On stock tires? Seriously? :scared:
I can't guarantee it will be drive-able, (500HP 879kg I think) but I'll make er do wut she kan!

CSLACR
On stock tires? Seriously? :scared:
I can't guarantee it will be drive-able, (500HP 879kg I think) but I'll make er do wut she kan!

They are all drivable, maybe not steerable, acceleratorable or even stoppable. But it will be fun for me even if it is on Racing Hards. So I will accept that too.

Good luck!

They are all drivable, maybe not steerable, acceleratorable or even stoppable. But it will be fun for me even if it is on Racing Hards. So I will accept that too.

Good luck!
No, undoubtedly I must use default tires, tuned on lower tires makes for better driving on grippier tires, but not the other way round. ;)

The pic in the OP... Is that... The SLS challenge?
Yeah, I got to #1 in the first couple hours, quite fun. :D (keep in mind it's NTSC region :lol: )
I'm sure if I haggle I can get somewhere into the 15's, but that's far to much like work for me anymore. :yuck:
If/when GT Academy comes back, then yessir.

Yeah, I got to #1 in the first couple hours, quite fun. :D (keep in mind it's NTSC region :lol: )
I'm sure if I haggle I can get somewhere into the 15's, but that's far to much like work for me anymore. :yuck:
If/when GT Academy comes back, then yessir.

Lol, I couldn't even get a clean lap on those tires lol, let alone a 1:16.

I've run into confusion now, with the Tamora I first tuned a bit in the seasonals, then went to my lobby, where I had to sort out sudden under-steer. :confused:

So I guess I'll have to see how it performs in a online lobby to see if that's any different.

Just redid the Mercedes/Nurburgring Special section, and I have kind of fallen for the SLS AMG. I just bought a brand new one in Imola Gray and I am going to start taking her out to do my version of tuning (read "screwing things up before CSLACR can fix them") If you are so inclined, give this one a go. If you'd like I will send it to you to spare you the expense. Just let me know how you want it trimmed out.

Just redid the Mercedes/Nurburgring Special section, and I have kind of fallen for the SLS AMG. I just bought a brand new one in Imola Gray and I am going to start taking her out to do my version of tuning (read "screwing things up before CSLACR can fix them") If you are so inclined, give this one a go. If you'd like I will send it to you to spare you the expense. Just let me know how you want it trimmed out.
I already intend to build one soon, money is never a trouble anymore (thankfully) so I should be starting it soon.

I already intend to build one soon, money is never a trouble anymore (thankfully) so I should be starting it soon.

Looking forward to it. I must say the tune that was on the car that was used at Nur for those Special events was pretty good all things considered. I threw the car around pretty good trying to get gold and it stayed pretty solid except under the worst of hard acceleration out of tight turns. Even then it was pretty easy to correct. I'm sure those were racing tires of some sort, or I am getting better at driving the more powerful cars on sports.

Looking forward to it. I must say the tune that was on the car that was used at Nur for those Special events was pretty good all things considered. I threw the car around pretty good trying to get gold and it stayed pretty solid except under the worst of hard acceleration out of tight turns. Even then it was pretty easy to correct. I'm sure those were racing tires of some sort, or I am getting better at driving the more powerful cars on sports.
That would be the stealth model, which I have, but can't be shared or traded.
It has racing car downforce though, the version I'll be building will be more of a high-speed cruiser type. (can't get real downforce anyway :( )

Back