ZedTunes' Autumn/Fall Rally Shootout 2011

• Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 544 comments
Guess I don't have to take your requests anymore, because you want fun and exciting tunes. 👍
Nope. Cuz I wanna bug you and see what happens when MR Boring Pants is annoyed. Anyways, I have RJ for fast tunes. And MFT.:lol:

Nope. Cuz I wanna bug you and see what happens when MR Boring Pants is annoyed. Anyways, I have RJ for fast tunes. And MFT.:lol:
You get no more request tunes from me then. :dopey:
Just snow stage left so I can give you back the keys for it lol but I'm doing that tomorrow because I'm out to tha bed. See you guys!

I don't want the keys to it. Throw them in the bin or something.

So I don't know anything about Rally tuning or racing...so I threw something at the car and well.....
Lancer Evo V GSR "98
eigernordwandktrail.jpg

chamonixmainl.jpg

Found in the UCD or a C-ZETA ticket

300bhp
474pp
330 ft. lb. @3600 RPM of torque
weight 1241 Kg
P/W Ratio of 4.06Kg/HP

parts
Auto
Oil Change
Weight Reduction
Stage 1
Window
Engine
None
Intake
None
Exhaust
Sport
Turbo
None
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi Racing
Driveshaft
Center Diff.
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Sport Med (S2), Snow, Dirt

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Downforce- rear: 5
Power Limiter - 89.2%
Torque Split - 40/60
LSD - Front: 16/22/10 Rear: 12/28/7

Gearing In this order please
Top Speed- 112 mph
Final- 4.325
1st- 3.470
2nd- 2.385
3rd- 1.852
4th- 1.501
5th- 1.269
6th- 1.030

Ride Hight - Front: 5 Rear: -10
Spring Rate- Front: 7.0 Rear: 5.5
Extention- Front: 6 Rear: 6
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 2
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 2 Rear: 4
Camber- Front: 2.8 Rear: 0.0
Toe Angle- Front: -0.15 Rear: 0.00
Brakes- Front: 5 Rear: 6

Good luck testers I don't know what I'm doing:crazy:

p.s. if you have lemons, see my signature :sly:

Looks like a missed a lot of discussion last night. :ill:

Here is my tune for the shootout:

MINI COOPER S '05

london4.jpg

Parts needed for the tune:
Weight reduction 3
Window weight reduction
No chassis reinforcement
Engine stage 3
ECU
Racing air filter
Sport intake manifold
Catalytic converter sport
Titanium racing exhaust
Supercharger

Characteristics:
power: 307 hp
weight: 1200 kg
perf. Points: 475 pp (101 KM) must go to 476 pp in a few

Transmission

Gear box:
Transmission how to process:
1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 2.871
3- Select top speed at 250 km/h =155 mph
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 3.686
2: 2.793
3: 2.192
4: 1.773
5: 1.479
6: 1.272

It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 238 km/h = 148 mph

LSD Front 10/18/5

Suspensions settings:

Ride Height +45/+10

Spring Rate 09.0/07.7
Extension 5/4
Compression 4/8
Anti-roll bars 3/2
Camber 2.2/0.0
Toe -0.12/-0.05

Brake Balance 5/7

Tires: SPORT MEDIUM TIRES // DIRT TIRES // SNOW TIRES

OBSERVATIONS: Shift at 6800 rpm .

Enjoy.

So I don't know anything about Rally tuning or racing...so I threw something at the car and well.....
Lancer Evo V GSR "98
eigernordwandktrail.jpg

chamonixmainl.jpg

Found in the UCD or a C-ZETA ticket

300bhp
474pp
330 ft. lb. @3600 RPM of torque
weight 1241 Kg
P/W Ratio of 4.06Kg/HP

parts
Auto
Oil Change
Weight Reduction
Stage 1
Window
Engine
None
Intake
None
Exhaust
Sport
Turbo
None
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi Racing
Driveshaft
Center Diff.
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Sport Med (S2), Snow, Dirt

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Downforce- rear: 5
Power Limiter - 89.2%
Torque Split - 40/60
LSD - Front: 16/22/10 Rear: 12/28/7

Gearing In this order please
Top Speed- 112 mph
Final- 4.325
1st- 3.470
2nd- 2.385
3rd- 1.852
4th- 1.501
5th- 1.269
6th- 1.030

Ride Hight - Front: 5 Rear: -10
Spring Rate- Front: 7.0 Rear: 5.5
Extention- Front: 6 Rear: 6
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 2
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 2 Rear: 4
Camber- Front: 2.8 Rear: 0.0
Toe Angle- Front: -0.15 Rear: 0.00
Brakes- Front: 5 Rear: 6

Good luck testers I don't know what I'm doing:crazy:

p.s. if you have lemons, see my signature :sly:

All three added to OP. Thanks guys.

And Desperado, don't diss Scotia White. :grumpy:

This isn't even 1% of how much I can bitch about the Alpine by the way. I just don't want to upset C-ZETA any further because he's worked hard on this shootout, so I'm holding back the endless ranting. 👍

And you know you don't wanna hurt poor little Misato-san up in my avatar. :P

Also got the chance to test out your Alpine yesterday. Only got some tarmac testing in due to large business rates, but I do have to say, it was a very good drive. It's nowhere near as slow as you'd expect it to be and is no slouch in the corners at all. Good job, thus far... 👍

A lot of fruit talk. Hopefully the drivers are turning wheels as we speak.

When is the deadline for drivers to join? (Not me, I am far too married to spend my time having fun.)

When is the deadline for drivers to join? (Not me, I am far too married to spend my time having fun.)

10 days time on the 27th. ;)

Also got rid of Nurburgring from the list of tracks available, now replaced it for Trial Mountain.

Now I've also decided to change the distance testing limits too. Now, the minimum length of a test should be 1.50km or 0.93 miles. The max length of a test should be 48 km or 29.82 miles. These were the lengths of the shortest and longest stages in 2010 respectively (can't fully tell for 2011 yet) in the WRC so I've decided to put these limits like this.

Last edited:
Mini Cooper S '05
~310 BHP - ~420 Nm - 1200 KG - ~478 PP

GT Auto
Oil Change

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Supercharger
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Medium Tires
Dirt Tires
Snow Tires

-------------------

Ballast
Ballast Amount: 20 KG
Ballast Position: -50

Aerodynamics
N/A

Power Limiter
96.6%

Transmission
1st Gear: 3.713
2nd Gear: 2.707
3rd Gear: 2.072
4th Gear: 1.652
5th Gear: 1.369
6th Gear: 1.154

Final Gear: 2.871
Max Speed: 270 KPH

LSD
Initial Torque: 16/0
Acceleration Sensitivity: 25/0
Braking Sensitivity: 12/0

Suspension
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 4.4/6.6
Dampers (Extension): 4/5
Dampers (Compression): 3/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/3

Camber Angle: 1.7/1.5
Toe Angle: -0.20/-0.35

Brakes
Brake Balance: 7/5

Driving Aids
Tuned with everything off except ABS at 1.

-------------------

Tuners Comments
Now we're talking. This, ladies and gents, is what a Mini should be. Not a civilized, underpowered, small town-car. This is what it should be. A 310 HP, 1200 KG, tire-smoking, nimble beast of the british country roads. Eminem could be seen driving this, he would still be cool, if not cooler. That's how cool this is. It sounds horrible, but if it existed IRL, that could easily be fixed. So, ladies and gents, take it for a spin, on tarmac, snow, dirt, hell, you could probably drive this thing on chocolate sauce if you wanted. This, is the physical definiton of all-terrain-vehicle. And, it does all 3 things as well as a dedicated machine. Also, just to mention... 7'55 on the 'Ring. On Sports Medium tires. Judge for yourself.

And you know you don't wanna hurt poor little Misato-san up in my avatar. :P

Also got the chance to test out your Alpine yesterday. Only got some tarmac testing in due to large business rates, but I do have to say, it was a very good drive. It's nowhere near as slow as you'd expect it to be and is no slouch in the corners at all. Good job, thus far... 👍

It appears the rust has corrupted you.

And it appears that I have found a new way of annoying you :D and just to tick you off even more, i'll take pictures of it ahead of a NSX! And give it a damn good review as well :D

The Alpine isn't that bad, I have been driving it with AT and ABS 1 only but on the gravel if you enter the turn wrong the back kicks out and it's quite hard to save it...

C-ZETA, the link for Lancer EVO V leads to XDesperado67 Lancer EVO VI tune ;)

Last edited:

Again, I've only been on the tarmac :P Is all you ever moan about rust on the damn thing? :P

Anyway, also got to try Praiano's Cooper and the two Evo's. Only did Praiano's Cooper on tarmac and the two Evos on gravel thus far, minus the Evo VII which I also gave a brief test on gravel.

Praiano's Cooper does have noticeable understeer, which is to be expected from an FF with such power, but it isn't as bad as it feels. Still, the feeling of the understeer is kinda off-putting, but it is I assume unavoidable in most cases.

Kremkake (easier to pronounce than krenkme, deal with it :P)'s Evo V has been the one I've driven the most ATM, and it's pretty balanced on gravel. On Liege courses (where I believe the gravel is actually a different sort to the Eiger Nordwand one) it has an odd habit of simply not being able to get enough turning angle, but on Eiger it was largely OK. Gear ratios seem pretty odd even for a 6-speed as well, but it isn't too bad yet.

Despy's Evo seemed more slippery on gravel and was faster than kremkake's Evo V, with better gearing, and at Eiger was actually a bit fun. The colour kinda put me off but whatever :P Tarmac I didn't take much in but it seemed pretty strong from the brief run I took with it.

C-ZETA, the link for Lancer EVO V leads to XDesperado67 Lancer EVO VI tune ;)

Fixed. Ctrl+V seemed to fail on me there :boggled:

Again, I've only been on the tarmac :P Is all you ever moan about rust on the damn thing? :P

Nope.

- It's slow.
- It has no cojones.
- The engine is in the wrong place. (Leave RR to the experts, Alpine.)
- It has no traction.
- You can't give it a good thrashing without it surrendering.
- It handles like crap. (And handling is what this shootout is about!)
- It's ugly.

:)

Anyway, also got to try Praiano's Cooper and the two Evo's. Only did Praiano's Cooper on tarmac and the two Evos on gravel thus far, minus the Evo VII which I also gave a brief test on gravel.

Praiano's Cooper does have noticeable understeer, which is to be expected from an FF with such power, but it isn't as bad as it feels. Still, the feeling of the understeer is kinda off-putting, but it is I assume unavoidable in most cases.

Kremkake (easier to pronounce than krenkme, deal with it :P)'s Evo V has been the one I've driven the most ATM, and it's pretty balanced on gravel. On Liege courses (where I believe the gravel is actually a different sort to the Eiger Nordwand one) it has an odd habit of simply not being able to get enough turning angle, but on Eiger it was largely OK. Gear ratios seem pretty odd even for a 6-speed as well, but it isn't too bad yet.

Despy's Evo seemed more slippery on gravel and was faster than kremkake's Evo V, with better gearing, and at Eiger was actually a bit fun. The colour kinda put me off but whatever :P Tarmac I didn't take much in but it seemed pretty strong from the brief run I took with it.

Fixed. Ctrl+V seemed to fail on me there :boggled:
Wait till you get it on snow...was hitting 140mph on Chamonix (the full long track) and keeping it over 100mph for most of the track. Amazingly going over the moguls flat out the car stayed perfectly straight and controllable, aided by catching very little air. That's the best I have to say for the car. For the most part I find it just another rather soulless Japanese 4wd.:indiff:

It was a good car at 1004 kg, good to drive , .... now it's exactly the way you describe. A :grumpy: that don't go where you want it to go. Like a mad 100 lbs dog pushing on his leash...... Not so bad on snow and gravel....

It was a good car at 1004 kg, good to drive , .... now it's exactly the way you describe. A :grumpy: that don't go where you want it to go. Like a mad 100 lbs dog pushing on his leash...... Not so bad on snow and gravel....

To be honest though, tried it on a Tokyo Bay track just now, and it actually wasn't bad at all through the twisty bits. Still felt a bit of understeer but it doesn't seem to be as bad on circuits with slower speeds and more turns per mile. Haven't gone for snow and gravel try-outs just yet though with yours...

- It's slow.
- It has no cojones.
- The engine is in the wrong place. (Leave RR to the experts, Alpine.)
- It has no traction.
- You can't give it a good thrashing without it surrendering.
- It handles like crap. (And handling is what this shootout is about!)
- It's ugly.

- Not as slow as you'd make it out to be. Although now I've tried the others it does feel a bit slower now :P
- :indiff:
- Maybe yes, but it hasn't affected yours so much...
- Did have some grip for me...
- I did give it some little slides in my first test and it seemed alright then
- I disagree. I think it can hold my line pretty well.
- ...Uhm, well, yes, but the A310 does look alright! ...Doesn't it?

Wait till you get it on snow...was hitting 140mph on Chamonix (the full long track) and keeping it over 100mph for most of the track. Amazingly going over the moguls flat out the car stayed perfectly straight and controllable, aided by catching very little air. That's the best I have to say for the car. For the most part I find it just another rather soulless Japanese 4wd.:indiff:

Sounds promising for me :)

the Alpine on the snow if a helluva of a car, if you want to get it sideways, it goes, if you wanna make the turns like your on the tarmac you can do it, the car feels way too good for 90HP only. On the other hand, on tarmac it felt way too underpowered and on the Gravel the back seemed quite happy

:lol: Roj, you ain't gonna believe this, but your french cheese box just won a race against an Autech(sp?) Stagea :lol: won by a margin of 10 seconds :eek: And remember, it's 90hp vs 260+hp. It's a very fun car to drive, actually. And I swear I ain't saying that just to piss you off. It seems to be determined to prove to you that it isn't what you named it. I've yet to test it on dirt and snow, but on an 8 mile run, I found nothing I didn't like. :lol:

I set the gearing like that so it could accelerate quickly and up hills (what I think you need for rally.....maybe I'm wrong :scared:). My goal for the car was to make it as balanced as I could, not really knowing how to tune for rally. Have fun:dopey:

p.s. its pronounced "crank me", but Kremkake is fine :D

I'm getting ALOT of understeer in krenkme Lancer on Mt Aso... let's hope that it isn't like that on gravel and on snow

Latest Posts

Back