ZedTunes' Autumn/Fall Rally Shootout 2011

• Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 544 comments
Added to the first post.

One day now till the deadline.
You might want to remind RJ and Doc either with PMs or by posting in their garages that the deadline is nearly here. They both tend to get a bit busy with things and forget such things!:D

You might want to remind RJ and Doc either with PMs or by posting in their garages that the deadline is nearly here. They both tend to get a bit busy with things and forget such things!:D

Already did yesterday.

Technically speaking, the shootout might actually close on the 28th at 12:00 GMT, since that's when the 27th officially 'ends', if you like. Don't really know if I should do that but it seems an option.

It was pretty rough, as the specs might indicate, getting her to go straight instead of dancing in circles.:crazy:

Neat car though.

I'll bet it was, but then you wouldn't want it easy, would you..?? I enjoyed trying to make the Peugeot an engaging drive, even with its woeful lack of power and being a bit on the tubby side.

I'm guessing you're hosting your car?? If so, I'll have a quick thrash with it tonight...

{Cy}

Deadline will be 28th September 12:00 GMT. Won't necessarily be there to close it though, probably will confirm the closure at about 3:30 tomorrow instead...still need the remaining tunes from RJ, Slump and Nurbek.

Hey C-Zeta
You told me that my car must have a min weight of 1230kg, but the stock weight is only 1200kg. Do I really have to add ballast?

It was pretty rough, as the specs might indicate, getting her to go straight instead of dancing in circles.:crazy:

Neat car though.

Bonjour madame, i drove your car this morning quickly,not really a test, just curious to se how those extremes toe settings were transforming the car.
Big surprise was on snow, the car is really good,just need to feel his limit on the wheel, on eiger tarmac also you can enter the hairpins with a smooth slide easy to control. Just the gears a bit too long i think.
I knew that this car can be good on tarmac , but snow and gravel is a big surprise for me.
Congratulations.

Hey C-Zeta
You told me that my car must have a min weight of 1230kg, but the stock weight is only 1200kg. Do I really have to add ballast?

You do have to have 1230kg with your car. 30kg is not that much to add, surely...

Bonjour madame, i drove your car this morning quickly,not really a test, just curious to se how those extremes toe settings were transforming the car.
Big surprise was on snow, the car is really good,just need to feel his limit on the wheel, on eiger tarmac also you can enter the hairpins with a smooth slide easy to control. Just the gears a bit too long i think.
I knew that this car can be good on tarmac , but snow and gravel is a big surprise for me.
Congratulations.
I started with toe at 0.00 and 0.30, and it just kept being twitchy and over-steering through rake, ride height, everything I threw at it without using extremes, didn't want the rear so stiff it would bounce a lot on jumps and bumps, the front toe made the biggest difference in making it easier to drive.
Absolutely wild little car this is, ran on pace with a C5 Z06 on SH's.

I couldn't make a decision quite on gears, ended up with a tranny that needs to use first sometimes in tight corners, which I'd wanted to avoid. :grumpy:

Most interesting thing I found: Had to stiffen it up for the tarmac, rather then dirt and snow. :odd: Usually it's the other way round.

Most interesting thing I learned: The shocks, tuning them like this decreased on-throttle under-steer, while also decreasing lift-throttle over-steer at the same time. (of course the other way round made both worse) Unfortunately I couldn't set them any higher than 8, without it becoming jarring at times. (10/1 1/10 handled best, bouncing aside)

It appears I may have missed deadline. Oops.

Been tired as heck today, meant to post but didn't get to it.

Then again, it's still the 27th in some parts of the US for another 3 hours. I'll be posting it soon enough.

It appears I may have missed deadline. Oops.

Been tired as heck today, meant to post but didn't get to it.

Then again, it's still the 27th in some parts of the US for another 3 hours. I'll be posting it soon enough.
270minutes till deadline..........

8 odd hours till I officially close this for good. Will be adding any tunes only then since again, I won't be here till after the 27th has technically finished.

Nah! I hate ballast!..........but ok.
:ill:

I've never been a fan of it. However, I have been using it recently. I've taken three cars for gravel and snow, stripped out Weight 1 and Windows and then added that weight back to the car in ballast. So it still has exactly the same weight as it started with, but you should find, with the ballast set at 0, that you have a slightly more even weight distribution. Only +-1%, but you're also free to move it around. I've three cars in the pipeline and I've 60/40 split them all. To a certain degree, it has allowed me to use common suspension settings across the cars. Allied with them all being FWD hatchbacks and from the same manufacturer...

{Cy}

Here it is:
Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac '01

Chassis rigidity improvement

ECU Sport / Engine Stage 1

Racing filter / Sport catalysator / Titan racing exhaust

All drive train parts

FC Suspension / FC Gearbox

Low rpm turbo

GT-Shop:

Chassis reinforcement / Engine rebuild recommended.

Ballast

kg: 30

Position: 0

Transmission

Top Speed: 149mph/240kph (149mph/240kph)

1st: 2.652

2nd: 1.858

3rd: 1.419

4th: 1.116

5th: 0.900

Final: 4.312

(1. default, 2. max. speed, 3. single gear ratios, 4. final gear)

LSD

- Initial Torque: 5/9

- Acceleration: 35/45

- Braking: 5/10

Torque Sensing Differential

-Torque Split: 25/75

Suspension

- Ride Height: 30/25

- Spring Rate: 11.6/9.5

- Dampers (Extension): 7/5

- Dampers (Compression): 5/6

- Anti-Roll Bars: 5/5

- Camber angle: 2.2/1.8

- Toe Angle: +0.05/-0.20

Brakes

- Brake Balance 7/6

Tires

- Sport Medium

Important Notes

- Tune for the Autumn Rally shootout. Not my final entry!

- Powerlimiter ca. 92% to hit 300hp.

Eigernordwand W time: 1.07.770 (sure it could go faster ;) )

EDIT: Damn! The quote looks 🤬! Have a look at the original post!

Here it is:

Eigernordwand W time: 1.07.770 (sure it could go faster ;) )

EDIT: Damn! The quote looks 🤬! Have a look at the original post!

If I was jealous of CSLACR's Lancia, I'm livid I didn't get one of these. Loved this car in GT4, both versions.

Those spring rates make my eyes water..!! Keen to give this one a bash, are you hosting it Doc..??

{Cy}

Deadline for submitting tunes has now been reached.

I'm also thinking of extending the testing deadline given that no results have been posted as of yet.

Deadline for submitting tunes has now been reached.

I'm also thinking of extending the testing deadline given that no results have been posted as of yet.

Since mine's been on share since like 6AM, can I get a 10 minute extension to write the settings down? :lol:

Who told you not to write them down earlier? :lol:

My mind did when I looked at the gearbox and realized that I wasn't sure how I got to it.

Mine's got near twice the power of Roj's and I still don't like it much. :lol:

Edit: Rusty POS number 2 go.

ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Cat
Racing Exhaust
FC Gearbox
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Semi-Racing Clutch
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Sports Medium, Snow, Dirt tires

Ballast: 50kg @ +15
Power Limiter: 98.6%

Trans: Set to default, then set top speed to 112, gears to [4.026/3.153/2.514/2.065/1.735/1.480], then final to 2.000.

LSD: 30/55/30

Suspension:
+20/+20
4.0/3.0
8/8
6/6
3/1

1.2/2.8
0.00/-0.10

Brake Bias: 3/2

ABS: 0.

Last edited:
My mind did when I looked at the gearbox and realized that I wasn't sure how I got to it.

Mine's got near twice the power of Roj's and I still don't like it much. :lol:
:lol::lol: If you hate it so much, may I please please preassee have itt??? And assuming it's the A110, I'd just use MFT's tune :dopey: It's so much fun! :D

:lol::lol: If you hate it so much, may I please please preassee have itt??? And assuming it's the A110, I'd just use MFT's tune :dopey: It's so much fun! :D

It's already rusted through the strut mounts again so it's stuck to the floor of my garage.

Also, posted.

Since mine's been on share since like 6AM, can I get a 10 minute extension to write the settings down? :lol:

Well, if it has been up since before I closed, then that's OK. Putting onto OP, Slump's is already up. Still need to add you on PSN also.

Also, ABS 0 does seem like an interesting choice. Thing is though...testers can only use one driving option setting for each. And turning off ABS for every car will be catastrophic on tarmac...

Also, ABS 0 does seem like an interesting choice. Thing is though...testers can only use one driving option setting for each. And turning off ABS for every car will be catastrophic on tarmac...

Wait, what?

I built the car based around the fact the tuner was allowed to choose whether to run ABS or not, if it's going to be stuck with ABS it needs different brake settings.

I built the car based around the fact the tuner was allowed to choose whether to run ABS or not, if it's going to be stuck with ABS it needs different brake settings.

That's only for the different tuners, not choosing settings for each car. Testers have to use the same driving options for each car on each run.

That's only for the different tuners, not choosing settings for each car. Testers have to use the same driving options for each car on each run.

Right, so my selection of ABS: 0 means my car gets run with ABS: 0 on all surfaces with no impact on anyone else's car, correct?

It's already rusted through the strut mounts again so it's stuck to the floor of my garage.

Also, posted.

Push it out, I'll pay for the exporting and the shipping, I just want one more :D

Next time I have my tuition with you, RJ, I'm so using the A110. Just to hear you swear and rant about it over the mic :lol:

Latest Posts

Back