Not open for further replies.

MustangRyan

GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup
Premium
United States
North Carolina
Droptop2001gt
vMWFh.jpg

Welcome back to Season 2 of our NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship! This year will feature a 12-race season, featuring a shorter 7-race regular season and a full 5-race Chase for the Driver's Championship. We will also introduce two new championships for this season, the Manufacturer's Championship and the Owner's Championship (both detailed below).

All races will be held on Saturday evenings, starting at 4pm EST (9pm GMT) in a public lobby hosted by me. Send a PSN friend request to "Droptop2001gt" if you wish to race in this series.

4pm EST (9pm GMT) - Room opens in a public lobby for an open practice session.
4:45pm EST (9:45pm GMT) - Room is reset, and qualifying begins. All cars qualify on track together.
5pm EST (10pm GMT) - Race begins automatically, with a scheduled start time of 5pm EST.

[size=+3]NEXT RACE:[/size]

Season 2 is complete! Season three information can be found here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=244859

POINTS SCORING:

Points will be awarded as follows for the Driver's Championship:

1st place - 20 points
2nd place - 18 points
3rd place - 16 points
4th place - 14 points
5th place - 12 points
6th place - 11 points
7th place - 10 points
8th place - 9 points
9th place - 8 points
10th place - 7 points
11th place - 6 points
12th place - 5 points
13th place - 4 points
14th place - 3 points
15th place - 2 points
16th place - 1 point

+1 point for leading a lap
+1 point for leading the most laps
+1 point for Pole Position

After 7 races, the top 11 drivers in the points standings will all be reset to 300 points, plus 3 bonus points for each victory notched in the first 7 races.

At the end of the five Chase races, the driver with the highest point total will be crowned our GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion for Season 2.

The prize payout is as follows:

1st place: Receive any 5 items** from my trading thread
2nd place: Receive any 3 items from my trading thread
3rd place: Receive any 1 item from my trading thread

**1 item is defined as any ONE of the following:
1 ticket
1 car
5 paint chips
1 set of 30 helmets
1 set of 30 racing suits

Points will be awarded as follows for the Manufacturer's Championship:

The winning car earns that manufacturer 9 points.
The second-highest finishing manufacturer receives 6 points.
The third-highest finishing manufacturer receives 4 points.

The Manufacturer with the most total points at the end of the season wins the Manufacturer's Championship.

Owner's Championship Explained:

Every driver will be part of a team this season. The top two finishing cars from each team will earn points for their respective team owners (Hendrick, Gibbs, Red Bull, Ford, etc). Points for poles and laps led are not accumulated here, only finishing position points count. The team with the most total points at the end of the season wins the Owner's Championship.

Hendrick Motorsports (#24 DuPont, #24 Drive to End Hunger, #48, #88)
Joe Gibbs Racing (#11, #18, #20 Home Depot, #20 Gamestop)
Ford Racing (#43 Insignia, #43 Best Buy, #99)
Red Bull Racing (#83 2010 blue, #83 2011 silver)
Stewart-Ganassi Racing (#14, #42)

That gives us 15 cars to choose from five different teams for this season. Each driver will need to pre-register their car number, and use only that car for the entire season. GT5 2.0 now allows for multiple setups to be saved on a single car, so one car should be able to have a base setup for Daytona, Indy, and road courses, removing the need to switch cars for different tracks.

RULES and REGULATIONS:

*Any NASCAR race car in GT5 is allowed to participate, 2010 and 2011 models are both legal, GameStop Camry included.
*Power is restricted to 502 horsepower for ALL races using the Engine's Power Limiter function.
*Only Racing Hard tires will be permitted, no other compounds may be used, harder or softer.
*ABS can be set to either 0 or 1.
*All other driving aids (Active Steering, ASM, TCS, SRF, Driving Line) will be disabled on the race setup menu.
*Mechanical Damage is ON, but limited to LIGHT damage.
*Fuel Consumption and Tire Wear is ON.
*Grip Reduction is set to REAL.
*Slipstream is set to WEAK.
*Boost is OFF.
*Microphones will be set to ON, unless it is determined that they cause too many connection/stability issues.
*Race Clean - It's OK (and expected) to let off of the gas (or even brake) so you don't run over someone in a turn. This is especially true at Daytona and SS Route X, where drafting can cause lots of issues with people being run over in corners. Dirty drivers will not be permitted to return to later events.
*At least TWO TIRES (on the same side of the car) must remain on the tarmac/concrete/pavement at all times. Rumble strips are NOT considered part of the tarmac/concrete/pavement. Anyone that is caught cutting corners can be assessed up to a 30-second penalty, per occurrance, at the discretion of the league host.
*NO CAUTIONS - use this as an extra motivation to RACE CLEAN.

PAST SEASONS:

Season One Champion: RFLX_Niop

Last edited:
CHAMPIONSHIP CALENDAR

The series will comprise of 15 races, with 12 total points-paying events. There will be a 7-race regular season, followed by a 5-race Chase for the top 11 drivers in the points standings after 7 points-paying events.

Preseason Exhibition: 10-29-11 - Daytona 100 @ Daytona Superspeedway (40 laps) - ACDCROCKS123

01: 11-05-11 - Daytona 500 @ Daytona Superspeedway (200 laps) - Droptop2001gt
02: 11-12-11 - Indianapolis Superspeedway (60 laps) - RFLX_Niop
03: 11-19-11 - Monza - No Chicanes (30 laps) - M-Stall41
04: 12-03-11 - Daytona Superspeedway (50 Laps) - ACDCROCKS123
05: 12-10-11 - Circuit de la Sarthe (no chicanes) (10 laps) - JoeOfTheFire
06: 12-17-11 - Indianapolis Superspeedway (40 Laps) - M-Stall41
Christmas Exhibition: 12-23-11 - Daytona Oval (100 laps) - Droptop2001gt
07: 01-07-12 - Suzuka East (40 laps) - JoeOfTheFire
SS Route X Exhibition: 01-21-12 - SS Route X (16 laps) - Mudd

9n7tY.jpg

-------BEGIN CHASE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP-------

08: 01-28-12 - Daytona 250 @ Daytona Superspeedway (100 laps) - Knelly
09: 02-04-12 - Indianapolis Superspeedway (75 Laps) - RFLX_Niop
10: 02-11-12 - High Speed Ring (40 Laps) - RFLX_Niop
11: 02-18-12 - Daytona Superspeedway (75 laps) - homeslice47
12: 02-25-12 - Brickyard 500 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (200 Laps) - RFLX_Niop

Last edited:
The Chase for the GTP Sprint Cup Championship - FINAL STANDINGS:
Winner: RFLX_Niop

i1HaM.jpg

Regular Season - FINAL STANDINGS:

iiw5g.jpg

Owner's Championship:
Winner: Hendrick Motorsports, owned by RFLX_Niop (Drivers: RFLX_Niop, Droptop2001gt, ACDCROCKS123)

maaCz.jpg

Manufacturer's Championship:
Winner: Chevrolet (Drivers: RFLX_Niop, Droptop2001gt, Mudd, ACDCROCKS123, Jakob_Nascar08)

iWufq.jpg

Last edited:
CAR REGISTRATION

Hendrick Motorsports
#24 2010 DuPont -
#24 2011 Drive to End Hunger - RFLX_Niop
#48 - ACDCROCKS123
#88 - Droptop2001gt

Joe Gibbs Racing
#11 - Furinkazen
#18 - Knelly
#20 Home Depot - M-Stall41
#20 Gamestop -

Ford Racing
#43 2010 Insignia -
#43 2011 Best Buy - homeslice47
#99 - JoeOfTheFire

Red Bull Racing
#83 2010 blue - dowhat13
#83 2011 silver - CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83

Stewart-Ganassi Racing
#14 - Mudd
#42 -

Reserve Drivers

Carbonox
Chadwicksracing
Chqr
Cowboys965
Drift_Phish_II
DriveTheGuard88
funkyDucks
GTP_akmuq
JakobNascar88 - parked for remainder of Season 2
jedijoe727
MattyMc1996
mechyboy27
MrRedSox2542
mustardaddict
RedPartyHat
smuffyatfcp
The_Boyce
Tom_97_COD

Edit - Full-time committed drivers will be given priority for pre-registering car numbers for the season.

Edit #2 - Any full-time driver that misses the first three races will be demoted to a reserve driver. The open seat on the team will be filled by a driver chosen by the remaining full-time team members. The new full-time driver must have participated in at least two of the first three points-paying races to be considered for the full time seat.

Edit #3 - Reserve drivers have been split off into a separate list. Once a full-time seat is opened, the remaining full-time team members can select from the pool of reserve drivers to fill the seat.

Last edited:
I'm interested, thanks for the PM. So this would be about 10pm GMT?

I'll choose my car when I get home tonight 👍

Yep - after careful deliberation, I have decided to retire my 2010 M&M and take a permanent seat in the 2011 model.

This was a tough decision as the new Denny Hamlin car looks tasty, and consideration to be part of what is already looking likely to be a winning team in Hendrick Motorsports.

However, my strong Runner Up spot in Season 1 has led me to stay true to my colours and drive the #18 for Season 2 and be the front runner for Joe Gibbs Racing.

PS : NASCAR KICKS A$$. Saying that though, I believe the best race that I have watched all season is the entire V8 Bathurst 1,000. What an awesome race, and finish.

If you can get homeslice47 to pilot the #20 Home Depot car for a full season, you two would have a great shot, as only the top two finishers per team score points.

Only if you're going to actually race full-time this year.

I know Crazybassist83 is going to want one Red Bull car, and he might be able to line up a full-time teammate.

I guess if you run a partial schedule, you could operate a third Red Bull entry.

I already have the blue one all dialed-in (and can now add more tunes to it!) but wouldn't mind owning a new 2011, would give me a reason to buy it LOL. My only concern is I get #83 as I'm CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 and bc I run that # on all my RM's LOL.

I'm interested. Tentative car choice will be 2011 #14

This is gonna be amazing!! Even though this doesn't require registration, I'm still going to put myself down to the 2010 #20 Home Depot car. :)

I'll add you tonight Ryan 👍 still deciding on my car, will have another look when I get in. Haven't had much chance to look at the 2011 nascar's since 2.0 came out.

I'll see what comes up as the season goes on. I'll appear occasionally as a start and parker, and maybe run the odd full race.

It certainly looks like Ford Racing is going to have a hard time winning the Manufacturer's Title this season.

It certainly looks like Ford Racing is going to have a hard time winning the Manufacturer's Title this season.

Ya that #99 is great at Daytona! I put too miles on that car to even consider running it anymore though. It don't even oil change to 892hp anymore and has lost a significant amount of performance points throughout its life, its around 610pp now, I think they max at 670pp+ with aero once broken in fully.

Put me down in a reserve slot in the #43 Best Buy Ford Fusion. I will start the Daytona 500.

I'm in. Where can I get the Gamestop car at? That sucks because I have like 5 #88 that I ran in season 1.

DBUCKEYES
I'm in. Where can I get the Gamestop car at? That sucks because I have like 5 #88 that I ran in season 1.

Gamestop preorder code DLC only.

DBUCKEYES, homeslice47, and mrredsox would make for a strong Ford Racing Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back