Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be nowhere near the front anyway so not matter really to me :lol:

Say drop, if it is available, can I not enter my 2010 #83 or #11? They were set up for racing with hundreds of miles on the clock, so it could save me bother...

akmuq
Low 49's.

Perfect, thanks. First runs with restrictor plate have me at 49.2xx to 49.3xx. This should make for some great racing, looking forward to it!

Awesome, so glad Season 2 has come finally. Thanks, Ryan for the notification.

I'd like to pop my name down for the Brian Vickers 83 2010 Blue car and I'm really looking forward to racing with you guys. Also, loving the weighting of the race calendar. Really, nice selection of tracks and a fantastic field. Thumbs up for the date and time too :)

I am also really happy with the Season Opener Race and Closing Race. I'd hate for a Daytona Big One to destroy the chances of a championship battle contender.

Hey, Mustang, could I grab the 83 Blue as I said earlier or if that's taken now, the 24 Jeff Gordon 2010?

Why not make it as realistic as possible and restrict the power at Daytona only? Just asking.

The format was a huge success in season 1. I here your point, but there is no reason to change a successful format that works really well.

👍

The last open full-time ride is the #42 Target Chevrolet forthe Stewart-Ganassi Racing team. Either the 2010 or 2011 version can be used, as the car's paint scheme is basically identical in both years.

Why not make it as realistic as possible and restrict the power at Daytona only? Just asking.

Because they also don't run way over 200mph at Indy, like GT5 would have you believe.

#42 then!

(Even though i'm not a Montoya fan.)

The #20 GameStop Toyota is also still available, if anyone has one. We also need reserve drivers for Hendrick Motorsports and Joe Gibbs Racing.

I've just remembered that on Saturday the 5th, I'm going down to Wembley Stadium to watch England vs Australia in the rugby league. This means I'll miss the opener, which is a massive shame as I really wanted to run the 500 :(

TomMcD
I've just remembered that on Saturday the 5th, I'm going down to Wembley Stadium to watch England vs Australia in the rugby league. This means I'll miss the opener, which is a massive shame as I really wanted to run the 500 :(

This is exactly why we have a Chase format. Missing one race won't keep you from winning the championship, as long as you run well enough in the other six regular season races to qualify for the Chase.

This is exactly why we have a Chase format. Missing one race won't keep you from winning the championship, as long as you run well enough in the other six regular season races to qualify for the Chase.

This won't happen :lol: But anyway, I hope you guys have a good race, i'll be back on the following week 👍

Oh and just to clear something up, after week 7 everybody outside the top 8 is 'eliminated' before the chase ? :P

TomMcD
Oh and just to clear something up, after week 7 everybody outside the top 8 is 'eliminated' before the chase ? :P

No one is prevented from entering the five Chase races. The points are just reset for the top eight drivers.

speedkn
Can I join?
Sure. Which car?

Just looking at the Calendar Drop (have put all races in my diary 💡)

The first seven races are completed on Sat 17 Dec. The first and second Chase Races would therefore be 24 and 31 Dec. For some reason these seem like important dates?

Would it not then be the ideal break between the sprint and the chase, for Chase Race 1 to then start on 7 Jan?

Just allows more to make each race, what do you think?

Knelly
Just looking at the Calendar Drop (have put all races in my diary 💡)

The first seven races are completed on Sat 17 Dec. The first and second Chase Races would therefore be 24 and 31 Dec. For some reason these seem like important dates?

Would it not then be the ideal break between the sprint and the chase, for Chase Race 1 to then start on 7 Jan?

Just allows more to make each race, what do you think?

I was already considering doing that when you posted in the truck series thread. It seems like a good idea, and is our most likely course of action.

Hmmm, if I remember correctly the last Daytona 500 race, won by RFLX, had damage on full. Why the change to limited?

Although, I hit the wall and ruined the toe and camber, it added a sense of realism and strangely I preferred it.

The 500 was a one off race that wasn't part of the first season. There's no change in damage settings from the first season.

DrifterJoe
The 500 was a one off race that wasn't part of the first season. There's no change in damage settings from the first season.

This.

Also Drop, the 500 is on November the 5th, so some UK members may not be there due to parties and/or firework displays.

Also Drop, the 500 is on November the 5th, so some UK members may not be there due to parties and/or firework displays.

Fireworks or a GT5 Nascar series. We must get our priorities straight English boys. Lol, I understand actually but I'd like to think most of us could back before 10pm.

Fireworks or a GT5 Nascar series. We must get our priorities straight English boys. Lol, I understand actually but I'd like to think most of us could back before 10pm.

I'm normally lucky to get back before midnight when/if to my aunt+uncle's (and cousins etc) firework party.

On a separate note which 2 Nascars would you rather have?

Penske Racing Dodges: Brad Keselowski (#2) and Kurt Busch (#22)

or:

Wood Brothers Ford: Trevor Bayne (#21)
Red Bull Racing Toyota: Kasey Kahne (#4)

Surprised that no RCR cars got in, or McMurray, the champ at GT5's only two tracks, Daytona and Indy, last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back