TOSS' Touge Tuner Shootout - Final Week Test Driver Time Attack

• Thread starter TimberW
  • 800 comments
Updated my settings post with pic. I made an error when posting the settings I tuned 2 cars and posted older settings from one of the cars by mistake. :dunce: Springs as 11/10.2, ARB of 5/3 and brakes as 5/5 were corrected to springs 11.2/10, ARB 5/4, brakes 5/4. Both cars and post have been updated.

Just thrown my NSX up on share for anyone wanting to drive it offline. I forgot to do that before.

Same as Jackthalad for your NSX , fantastic pilot car, 3'38"900 , the car is perfect and can go faster, just do 3 laps and the direction is millimetric. need allways the perfect angle to be performant. To much angle and the car want to spin.Very Sharp fast car. Need to stay on the edge and can go to 37". The stock gearbox help , longer gears allow to stay concentrate during most of corners without shifting, only working with throttle and brake.

Good job, congrats.

sany0064q.jpg

Cheers for giving it a run Praiano! :D I left the stock gearbox for that very reason. It's easier to manage with longer gears and the NSX doesn't struggle to accelerate anyway. :cheers:

Clueless tunes
Lotus Elise 111R '04
Auto Racing Special Edition

Till now the fastest car 3'36"600 ,only 3 laps ,i've spinned the 1st lap because the car is very sharp under accelleration out of corner medium and long. This particularity also help to drive very fast if you stay on the straight edge before the car want to oversteer and loose grip and speed , like this you're able to stay on a better trajectory passing faster than a more conservative safer car. (But it's not easy :ouch:)

One more car ,one more tuner, one more time ,congratulations.

sany0065c.jpg

Clueless tunes
Lotus Elise 111R '04
Auto Racing Special Edition

Till now the fastest car 3'36"600 ,only 3 laps ,i've spinned the 1st lap because the car is very sharp under accelleration out of corner medium and long. This particularity also help to drive very fast if you stay on the straight edge before the car want to oversteer and loose grip and speed , like this you're able to stay on a better trajectory passing faster than a more conservative safer car. (But it's not easy :ouch:)

One more car ,one more tuner, one more time ,congratulations.

Thanks, it can be a very scary ride, but also rewarding. Glad you liked it. :dopey:

Good, bad or otherwise I have my bright orange Audi TTS up on share if anyone would care to have a go. I will post the settings and make sure I have FRs for all the drivers tomorrow. This one was tougher than the Lambo for the Indy shootout but fun nonetheless. Learned the track enough to run respectably in the mid 40s so I should think others will be able to get to at least low 40s. That will be enough to satisfy me I think. :)

Just did a 3:45.256 on Shongai Shinro online with your NSX Roj. I find the car a little too stiff but that's when I compared it to my wingless NSX that runs on your 3rd A. NSX tune. With a little more practice, I think I can get the car to run a lot better.

Just did a 3:45.256 on Shongai Shinro online with your NSX Roj. I find the car a little too stiff but that's when I compared it to my wingless NSX that runs on your 3rd A. NSX tune. With a little more practice, I think I can get the car to run a lot better.

Funny you should say that. Before, my NSX had 367bhp and no wing and it would just slide like a mofo. So I took it down to 337bhp, added a wing and it only slides a little bit now. :lol: I wish it was too stiff. :ill:

Funny you should say that. Before, my NSX had 367bhp and no wing and it would just slide like a mofo. So I took it down to 337bhp, added a wing and it only slides a little bit now. :lol: I wish it was too stiff. :ill:
I still like it, but my NSX feels faster ( at the cost of more tail sliding. Still it can be controlled with proper throttle control.).
Being too stiff wouldn't help much and you know it Roj.

I still like it, but my NSX feels faster ( at the cost of more tail sliding. Still it can be controlled with proper throttle control.).
Being too stiff wouldn't help much and you know it Roj.

I didn't mean I'd like it to be stiff and remain stiff. I meant I'd like it to be stiff so I can tune some oversteer into it, not fight the oversteer that's there already and try to tame it. :lol:

I didn't mean I'd like it to be stiff and remain stiff. I meant I'd like it to be stiff so I can tune some oversteer into it, not fight the oversteer that's there already and try to tame it. :lol:

Ohh, ok.
Well, I'll return to testing later.

I have 2 the one pictured has about 4500 miles on it, the second has 40,000 miles on it and is down about 5 bhp even after engine rebuild.

The car is on share also btw.

I don't have an r32 nor have I seen one in my ucd for some time. You may have to send me one if that's ok.
Bad news...my entry which I'll be posting in an hour or two is also a R32.:crazy:

Thought I was going to sneak it in with no one suspecting the killer VW for this shootout, nice call BigBerry!👍👍

Quick question can anyone dupe one for me? Think I'm getting a second one but if more are needed by testers it might be an issue.

Bad news...my entry which I'll be posting in an hour or two is also a R32.:crazy:

Thought I was going to sneak it in with no one suspecting the killer VW for this shootout, nice call BigBerry!👍👍

Quick question can anyone dupe one for me? Think I'm getting a second one but if more are needed by testers it might be an issue.

I might have one, but will not know for about 5 or 6 hours.... and I don't know how to dupe (nor do I want to). I'll let you know. :dopey:

I might have one, but will not know for about 5 or 6 hours.... and I don't know how to dupe (nor do I want to). I'll let you know. :dopey:

I got one, but it's been stripped down to 1274kg, had Stage 1 engine tuning done and I can't gift until tomorrow. Let me know if it's any good for you...

{Cy}

I now have a spare it has my touge tune on it so let me know if its still suitable, it has 40k miles on it so its down 4 or 5 bhp too.

XDesperado67

If I get one I can dupe it and send it to anyone that needs one.👍

Already received a couple extra R32s, thanks guys!👍👍

Would say the biggest issue for bigberry and me is making sure the cars have low enough mileage. Losing 4-5 HP and some torque can definitely impact performance over this course. You don't notice such things as much on shorter courses but with laps in the 3:40-3:50 range it can make a significant difference.

Same goes for building other cars to match the tuners specifications especially if the tuner used a higher mileage car to start with it may be difficult for test drivers to match the tuners specifications as far as HP and torque.

@savage388 I'll make sure and send you a car so you'll have it to dupe for people.:D

One last thing...does anyone have any Formula Chameleon Green they can trade me? Thought I had more when I painted the car and had tris_73 photograph it.:/

Last edited:
Already received a couple extra R32s, thanks guys!👍👍

Would say the biggest issue for bigberry and me is making sure the cars have low enough mileage. Losing 4-5 HP and some torque can definitely impact performance over this course. You don't notice such things as much on shorter courses but with laps in the 3:40-3:50 range it can make a significant difference.

Same goes for building other cars to match the tuners specifications especially if the tuner used a higher mileage car to start with it may be difficult for test drivers to match the tuners specifications as far as HP and torque.

@savage388 I'll make sure and send you a car so you'll have it to dupe for people.:D

One last thing...does anyone have any Formula Chameleon Green they can trade me? Thought I had more when I painted the car and had tris_73 photograph it.:/

I've sent your "Formula Chameleon Green" now. :)👍

The 111R are really fast , i have one also in the 1'36"500 but i thaught it was to sharp for the event .My Evora will do the job i think....
ACSR impreza is in the same laptime as the 2 NSX, the Lancia Integrale is very good to drive but don't have sufficient grip to stick to the top cars. I had tested it also during the first week, and there is no tune that make it stick, only the balance is very good. I don't know how PD select this criterium, but in the real life ,this car will be in the top list... !!!???:indiff:

sany0066ti.jpg

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Volkswagen Golf IV R32 '03 "Zaubermeister"

Harvey Wallbanger went looking for an often times overlooked gem for his entry in TimberW's TOSS' Touge Tuner Shootout. This unassuming looking Volkswagen became his weapon of choice. A careful weight management program, fine tuning of the engine and a full suspension job produced this magic ride. The only clue your opponents will have that this, "Zaubermeister" or "Master of Magic", is a potent weapon on the twisting roads of the Touge's mountain passes is its flamboyant paint job, which is designed to help foster the idea that it's more concerned with looks than performance. So strap into this ride and prepare to cast Grossartiger Zauber or Great Magic on your opponents!
tris_73
Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Used Car Dealership
Paintjob: Formula Chameleon Green
Wheels: Stock
Aerodynamic Kit: None
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Carbon Hood: No
Chassis reinforcement: No
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Intake Manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Stock
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Stock
Exhaust: Sports
Turbo Kit: None
Transmission: 6 Speed Close Ratio
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable
Center Differential: Torque Sensing
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Suspension: Fully Customizable
Tires: Sports Hards

The Tune
Aerodynamics: 0/0
Ballast: 58Kg at +50
Power Limiter: 99.2%
LSD Front: Initial 7, Acceleration 21, Braking 5
LSD Rear: Initial 16, Acceleration 48, Braking 8
Center Differential: Front 50, Rear 50

Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.6, Rear 2.2
Toe Angle Front -0.20, Rear +0.10
Ride Height Front -20, Rear -5
Spring Rate Front 13.4, Rear 9.2
Dampers (Extension) Front 6, Rear 5
Dampers (Compression) Front 5, Rear 4
Anti-Roll Bars Front 1, Rear 1
Brakes Front 6, Rear 7

The car has 500PP, weighs 1274Kg with a 52/48 front/rear weight distribution, has 379HP and produces 341ft-lb torque@3600rpm with a 7600rpm redline.

Note: Has a rather odd appearing power curve, the car is okay for driving with an automatic transmission but manual transmission should definitely improve performance.
Note 2: All tuning and testing done using only ABS1.
Note 3: While I didn't conduct extensive testing on tire wear my observation was that I lost less than a second over 3 laps due to tire wear and that the car was still handling quite well after that. Faster drivers who will obviously be able to push the car much harder may experience greater tire wear issues and I will be interested in hearing about this.

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos

Last edited:
The car is on share currently along with several others I tested for this shootout and found interesting.

The two Audi's in particular should be very competitive with a little fine tuning.

The MG is a fun and surprisingly easy drive on this track but is a touch off the pace.

"Mjölnir" my Volvo S60 T-5 Sport '03 should surprise a few people with its size and FF prowess.

Finally the Ford RS200 '84 was the road going homologation car for the WRC's now legendary Group B. This WRC class required 200 street legal cars be produced annually to compete in the class. Tight competition had manufacturer's designing and building special cars such as this just to stay competitive. Unfortunately the RS200 and its full Rally Car sibling were only produced for one year and competition was limited to only 4 races as the WRC cancelled Group B following several deadly crashes, sighting safety concerns.
Now you have a chance to try out this potent little rocket on the Touge a setting that fits it well.

CSLACR
But TimberW is from Australia, so that makes my head spin.

It's 5:23PM on the 16th here, but which timezone is the deadline for?

The deadline is based on GMT-12. So, it's about 13 hours left.

Golf R34 / 3 test laps for each.

Bigberry 370HP / 1226 kg // 3'41"106 The car is balanced on his center easy to pilot, no surprise, very constant lap times. Less grip some others cars like Impreza, this don't make sense but make the difference.

Xdesperados67 380 hp/ 1276 kg // 3'41"549 . Same car but very different sensations, the car have a good rotation under brake, the acceleration out corner is steady, inline, so you have to drive with a more aggressive style, fun to drive ,i think same speed capacity like the other R34, pilot will make the difference. Less grip than others top cars make the difference with this tires also.

sany0068h.jpg

Back