CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Had another good nights racing last night
Race 1
It's very hard to pass slower cars cleanly round hear and it took a couple to get clean air by which time i was 14sec down the road which i could reduce but very slowly backmarkers became a problem im sure for everyone ADE was running real well until being struck or having to slow right down to lap cars and i was on his bumper for the last three laps but could not pass him cleanly and he never made a mistake Well done ADE very consitant

Race 2
Lets face it i was crap never downloaded it so was to be expected my son needed me so it was no great loss

Race 3
I could keep the heat in my tyres the first 2 laps and i was about 15sec up on geordie coming into the 3rd but with having to slowdown so much at some corners and running wide a couple of times in the first third of the lap all heat was lost and if i didn't understeer it was snap oversteer a bloody nightmare to hold onto and with geordie always closing it was a lucky win

Cheers All

Cheers BUCHAN, it was a tricky track in that car, after the first few laps I saw BUCHAN was in P4 and new I had work to do to hold on to 3rd. I lost a lot of time getting around the backmarkers and by the last 3 laps BUCHAN was on my bumper which put the pressure on to not make any mistakes. All in all that was my best race this season and Im gutted my connection played up in race 2, as that would have been another 3rd place. I am really starting to see improvements in my racing every week now, cant wait for the next event.

GTP_ADE
Cheers BUCHAN, it was a tricky track in that car, after the first few laps I saw BUCHAN was in P4 and new I had work to do to hold on to 3rd. I lost a lot of time getting around the backmarkers and by the last 3 laps BUCHAN was on my bumper which put the pressure on to not make any mistakes. All in all that was my best race this season and Im gutted my connection played up in race 2, as that would have been another 3rd place. I am really starting to see improvements in my racing every week now, cant wait for the next event.

I'll second that! You were like a different driver, what a performance! I'll have to watch my back now looking at the current point standings :)

First race was an epic battle with jamesy,was right on his bumper for the best part of 10 laps but just couldn't find a way past.The one time I got up the inside into the first hairpin I outbraked myself,ran a bit wide and jamesy stole the place back.Good clean racing as always and a well earned win.

I wasnt expecting to do well in race 2,just couldn't find a good setup and struggled to get into a rythm on track,pretty lonely race in 4th and would have been happy to finish there but I was gifted 3rd due to ades connection issues,unlucky mate,you were running well.

As for the race 3 from half way round the second lap its was just a battle to stay on track,Buchan was 15-20 seconds up the road in first place but every time I tried to close the gap i'd have a "moment". Decided to play it safe and hold on to 2nd place but the gap came down to about 5 seconds by the end.Hats off to buchan for keeping the Ford Gt on track and ending my winning streak on the ring,couldn't have been easy.

Another good,clean nights racing by all from where I was sitting and a thanks to omnius for organizing it all and keeping things interesting week after week.

yeah sorry about that guys, i did try and move out of the way on the first track but it was mainly just at wrong time and i would lose control of the car. i will try a bit harder with my cars next time

Another good,clean nights racing by all from where I was sitting and a thanks to omnius for organizing it all and keeping things interesting week after week.

Thanks for the kind words!....buts thats only 50% of the story if it wasn't for everyone who is happy to come back every Friday! :)

Thanks to you all for that 👍

yeah sorry about that guys, i did try and move out of the way on the first track but it was mainly just at wrong time and i would lose control of the car. i will try a bit harder with my cars next time

I knew you were a good Driver Rich! You had me pegged on race 3! Couldn't find anyway past....it was just a matter of time for one of us to lose it in the rain and gift the 4th place :)

Next time matey!

GTS.jpg

There you go!

Last night BUCHANPOWER mentioned the colour I'd painted my GranTurismo S, and like I said, I'd actually seen one in Newcastle one day while out at the shops - I took a photo (I get 'inspired' when out and about - :lol: )

So from the real world to the virtual world at a fraction of the cost ;)

If anyone knows Newcastle, it was parked on Grey Street...

I host my pictures on Photobucket, I resize them to 1024x768 using PaintShop Pro X3 first, then on GTP you just need to post the direct link (url) from where your picture is hosted via the image button on GTP 👍

My take on Fridays races:

Race 1 was for me a difficult track. Not a favourite of mine it has to be said. Had to pit around lap 11/12 as my tyres were totally shot and I literally couldnt accelerate without spinning:(

Race 2 I enjoyed and posted a better finish. Good quality battle with Omnius towards the end. As we all know there were some 'interesting' turns on that track!! All in all a good race though.

Race 3...OMG...from 0 percent precipitation to nearly 100 percent just saw me going backwards from the first lap to the last.

All in though another good nights racing and well done to all who took part....

I should be available for the next weeks racing too....which is a first for me!! 2 weeks on the trot...unheard of!! lol

CONFIRMED DRIVERS - 04.11.11

PSN-OmniusALX
ade3210 - Miss 1st race
jamesybograt
stanepoke
geordie139
Barnezy318
Buraspo - New Driver

Last edited:
I seem to have got into a bit of a CORE GT/ZERO CUP routine. Sundays I wait for the new Core regs, and when they come up I pick my cars, Mondays I have a little go in all of them including Zero Cup car to try and set an early benchmark time. Tuesdays is just Zero Cup practce. Wednesday, Zero Cup. Thursday Core practice. Friday Core Trident event. I then have Saturday off, just so the Mrs and kids remember who I am.

I seem to have got into a bit of a CORE GT/ZERO CUP routine. Sundays I wait for the new Core regs, and when they come up I pick my cars, Mondays I have a little go in all of them including Zero Cup car to try and set an early benchmark time. Tuesdays is just Zero Cup practce. Wednesday, Zero Cup. Thursday Core practice. Friday Core Trident event. I then have Saturday off, just so the Mrs and kids remember who I am.

Oh dear, what have we created! :lol:

WORRY WORRY WORRY:)

JUST DID A 5LAP PRACTICE OF THE FIRST TWO RACES .

TIMES TO BEAT AS OF NOW

RACE 1/ 1:05.XXX
RACE 2/ 1:14.XXX

WILL WHITTLE IT DOWN SOME MORE

(ARE YOU WATCHING GEORDIE:sly:)

GET YOUR TIMES UP LADS...
:lol::lol::lol::cheers:

TIMES TO BEAT AS OF NOW

I think the phrase we're looking for can be made up with the following words...Down, Gauntlet, Throw(ing) and The 💡

...oh and I've hidden 3 links on the main page, can you guess/find which ones they are? :sly:

jamesybograt

TIMES TO BEAT AS OF NOW

I'm watching,lol.
Off work this week so i should be able to get some times up tomorrow.

GTP_ADE
An awesome weekly race meet that I wouldnt miss:tup:

Shame about the wally eh? :lol:

"Then there was the matter of a WALLY on the track, I think his name was optimus or something, couldnt drive for toffee."

Thats the ZC for you....it was my gears I tell you! ;)

Back