F1 24 Hands-On: An Update in Game's ClothingF1 24 

• Thread starter Famine
  • 37 comments
You're missing his point though, people perceive difficulty to be an equal to simulation. Hard = real isn't the way. So when people complain that something isn't difficult they perceive that as unrealistic.
My guy people are ignoring curbs and jumping each other for overtakes and getting away with infinite turning radius grip (f1 cars don't even have steering wheels you can turn more than like 180 degrees) and you're talking like it's possible things are realistic right now and people just don't see it because it isn't hard?

Also, you don't think it might be kind of hard to drive really fast cars? Is this one of those things where your average person assumes they are above average? You ask 50 random guys what they can bench, I bet the average response is like 225, instead of the truth, which is like 105.

My guy people are ignoring curbs and jumping each other for overtakes and getting away with infinite turning radius grip (f1 cars don't even have steering wheels you can turn more than like 180 degrees) and you're talking like it's possible things are realistic right now and people just don't see it because it isn't hard?

Also, you don't think it might be kind of hard to drive really fast cars? Is this one of those things where your average person assumes they are above average? You ask 50 random guys what they can bench, I bet the average response is like 225, instead of the truth, which is like 105.
No I'm talking like you missed his point. Which you did. F1 24 isn't a simulation and has issues, read my write up for my overall impression.

And yes, it might he hard to drive these cars on the limit, but they aren't hard to 'drive'.

I've felt the same as the writer with this entry asking a bit too much from me this time.
This is coming from someone who's bought every Codies F1 game!
I do feel the series is underrated with aspect like the single player racing and career modes being underappreciated but it is also a series with issues that need working on too.
Last year's F1 World was a big misstep as I noticed it drove people away with fewer and fewer people playing online compared to F1 22.

You're missing his point though, people perceive difficulty to be an equal to simulation. Hard = real isn't the way. So when people complain that something isn't difficult they perceive that as unrealistic.
yeah thats exactly the point. if anything, to me, this years feels more realistic. even cars on gt 7 have more grip than we had on f1 22/23 😂

What makes this even funnier is there are racing drivers who can disprove the "Difficult = Realistic" mindset, likewise there's this rediculous belief having rediculous amounts of Forcefeed back is somehow realistic when it isn't (unless you want to know what driving without power steering feels like). But of course we can't destroy the ego of people who NEED a reason to justify nearly putting themselves indebt for that "Realism" they use as an excuse to put people down as demonstrated by this guy.

Last edited:
What makes this even funnier is there are racing drivers who can disprove the "Difficult = Realistic" mindset, likewise there's this rediculous belief having rediculous amounts of Forcefeed back is somehow realistic when it isn't (unless you want to know what driving without power steering feels like). But of course we can't destroy the ego of people who NEED a reason to justify nearly putting themselves indebt for that "Realism" they use as an excuse to put people down as demonstrated by this guy.
Again, this bizarre, bizarre stuff. I don't understand why you're lashing out at "realism". How many videos have I watched of GT3 drivers saying iracing nails it? Why do you hate people having much more fun and indepth gear than a playstation controller? Why does that threaten you lol?

Look, this game is being flooded with gifs of horrifically terrible examples of the physics being turned off.

You guys dislike realism in your games. So just play the arcade mode? Just turn on all the driver aids and turn off damage and put the slider on easy. There's no need to come on here and be mad that people want a little more from their games - it's 2024, thee is no excuse for f1 cars to be jumping each other and laughing at curbs.

It's so terrible that you're mad that people aren't going along with their 80 dollar roster update. Like, you guys are the reason EA's shareholders are literally ruining the games industry. You're apologists for maximising profits with a roster update and little effort into the game's underpinnings. If F1 2024 appeases you, then you're lost.

Yes, alot of the cars I race on iracing don't have power steering. But just because the wheel's motor can generate alot of torque, it doesn't mean it's trying to fight me with it lol. It's just to have it on tap for when it's needed, because it turns out when cars with the aerodynamics of an upside down fighter jet get are cornering under acceleration, the steering might get heavier than a playstation thumbstick. Shocking stuff.

PS the biggest mark of stupidity in my opinion is not understanding your own lacking. I am a mediocre man with little talent in any field, but at least I don't insult people by assuming I'm just really good at their dangerous and skilled occupations (like racing) and that it's much easier than people think, you can totally just hold down the gas off the line, you don't need to have great braking and throttle control to put in good lap times, the 20 f1 drivers totally aren't the extremely distilled, elite of the elite of the entire open wheel racing system, from karting to f2/super formula. It's totally easy and effortless to say, drive a 90's indycar, only a nerdy simracer trying to justify his hobby would think otherwise!

edit:: PS one more time, please allow me to reiterate that I didn't spend 500 on pedals, 300 on a frame, 40 on a leather carseat from the local autowrecker, and 1500 on a wheelbase to look cool to my dogs. I bought it because on a whim I bought a logitech g29 to throw on my desk, used it for a few months, was impressed, had fun, and used my intense deduction abilities to deduce that a less noisy wheel with much better FFB would be even more fun.

And it was. It's so fun. This is the coolest toy I've ever owned. I look forward to racing every day. It's unbelievable fun. If those racecar drivers are correct, and I don't see any reason to call them liars, then I am to an extent getting the experience of driving a racecar, at any track in the world, at any time, in any of the popular racing disciplines. I mean in VR, even checking the rearview mirrors is IRL, it really blows me away when I'm checking my mirrors and I move my head, and the perspective moves exactly like IRL. IDK why, but that gets me everytime lol. I can't believe we can do this. It's so, so fun. It's so satisfying to put in quick laptimes in a competitive, serious sim. I don't know why that threatens people. It's just pure fun

DOUBLE EDIT: The real point of DD wheels is the quality of the FFB compared to the belt driven ones. It's night and day. And the belt ones are so noisy and clunky feeling.

Last edited:
Again, this bizarre, bizarre stuff. I don't understand why you're lashing out at "realism". How many videos have I watched of GT3 drivers saying iracing nails it? Why do you hate people having much more fun and indepth gear than a playstation controller? Why does that threaten you lol?
Very ironic of you to somehow imply that we "feel threatened" or are lashing out considering your very first response to someone else is saying they have weird angry take before trashing their avatar while ignoring the point (which implies if anything, you felt threatened enough to go after that person instead of the point being made)
You guys dislike realism in your games. So just play the arcade mode? Just turn on all the driver aids and turn off damage and put the slider on easy. There's no need to come on here and be mad that people want a little more from their games - it's 2024, thee is no excuse for f1 cars to be jumping each other and laughing at curbs.

Again, you repeatedly are ignoring the point made (which isn't that we don't like realism but the rampant misconception of it by people, hence the "Realism" quotes) and then the repeated suggestions of "Just play Arcade mode".
It's so terrible that you're mad that people aren't going along with their 80 dollar roster update. Like, you guys are the reason EA's shareholders are literally ruining the games industry. You're apologists for maximising profits with a roster update and little effort into the game's underpinnings. If F1 2024 appeases you, then you're lost.

And where on earth is anyone even remotely saying ANYTHING relating to this? Another demonstration of how far off the point you are, hell not even bothering understanding it at this rate if you somehow equate our argument with justifying the usual half baked effort seen in Yearly Sports Titles (Something I myself have repeatedly said I don't like).
PS the biggest mark of stupidity in my opinion is not understanding your own lacking. I am a mediocre man with little talent in any field, but at least I don't insult people by assuming I'm just really good at their dangerous and skilled occupations (like racing) and that it's much easier than people think, you can totally just hold down the gas off the line, you don't need to have great braking and throttle control to put in good lap times, the 20 f1 drivers totally aren't the extremely distilled, elite of the elite of the entire open wheel racing system, from karting to f2/super formula. It's totally easy and effortless to drive a 90's indycar, only a nerdy simracer trying to justify his hobby would think otherwise!
And who assumed that? I literally bought up that Racing drivers themselves (the folks that actually do this for a living, which by the way is neither YOU or ME) can disprove this silly notion that by default "Difficult = Realistic". You've done more insulting, both outright and subtly, then anyone else has with the continued broadsweeping statements and implying somehow that we are insulting someone.

How hard is it to simply understand that its the massive misconception of Realism rather then the concept itself? Thats it, it gets no deeper or more complicated then that.

Last edited:
It's very interesting that the handling has been pretty much universally panned, so much so that CM will be releasing an update to it but the good folk here are mostly liking it alot. What gives?
Alex gillon made a day -3 crying video and twitter lept on it.

The handling stock IS terrible, but nearly every f1 game has terrible stock handling

Back