Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. What can I say. That was an absolutely brilliant race. I gained a ton of respect for RFLX_Niop, he drove all the way from the back to catch me. That was probably the best battle for a win I've ever been apart of. Neither one of us could get away from the other, we were so equal. I wish we didn't wreck like we did on the final lap but regardless of that that was one of the best races Ive been apart of. Special thanks to JGR and Knelly for letting me drive their cars and thanks to everyone for being awesome league-mates. This league will go far. I'll enjoy this win and go for 2 next Saturday!

For those that didn't get to be a part of this race. Great battles everywhere on the track.

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS5FzSzyOBQ

And Furi, I'm sorry for putting you in the sand. It just really caught me by surprise when you let off through the first bend.

Last edited:
Invites sent to some of you guys for my TOCA group... which includes details on Truck Series and also confirms the existence of the Nationwide Series :gtpflag:

Erm, excuse me but can we do that again please. I mean right now. That was Frikkin Awesome.

I am both delighted and slightly dissapointed with myself. That is the best road course action I have had in these cars and feel I am so much more improved on Roads, than last season (thanks in part to MStall ;) and also to TOCA).

I finished a very respectible 6th which in this field, for me, is a great achievement. However, there was a point where I was potentially looking at a podium finish.

Managed to get through all the carnage in the first couple of laps without a scrape, and from starting at the rear of the field due to no Quali Time, found myself comfortably 5th.

Only two mistakes all race, once with a Niop push, and as that was the first time pushed around I missed my braking point into first chicane. Second was I think around 27 lap when I was closing down both Crazy and Home with better tyres, and missed exactly the same braking point in dirty air this time. I felt I had the better of Home (tyre wise) at that point and probably Crazy as well, as I pitted Lap 16 instead of 15 (trying to lead a lap but two others stayed out).

All in all, that was massive amounts of fun, super clean and respectful, and some very good points by Joe Gibbs Racing. Better than I expected. Awesome win MStall (although have watched the last lap and could see you were only trying to catch Niops draft - but you did slow right down to let him past, in sorts.) Great solid run by Furi as well. Nice work mate, you deserve that 7th spot.

Again, great choice Drop, that race was just awesome. 👍 👍 👍

EDIT : Just watched Indy back from last week, and the pack behind the leaders early on, catching up. 3 wide in parts and very agressive but clean racing .... nice!

Last edited:
Erm, excuse me but can we do that again please. I mean right now. That was Frikkin Awesome.

I am both delighted and slightly dissapointed with myself. That is the best road course action I have had in these cars and feel I am so much more improved on Roads, than last season (thanks in part to MStall ;) and also to TOCA).

I finished a very respectible 6th which in this field, for me, is a great achievement. However, there was a point where I was potentially looking at a podium finish.

Managed to get through all the carnage in the first couple of laps without a scrape, and from starting at the rear of the field due to no Quali Time, found myself comfortably 5th.

Only two mistakes all race, once with a Niop push, and as that was the first time pushed around I missed my braking point into first chicane. Second was I think around 27 lap when I was closing down both Crazy and Home with better tyres, and missed exactly the same braking point in dirty air this time. I felt I had the better of Home (tyre wise) at that point and probably Crazy as well, as I pitted Lap 16 instead of 15 (trying to lead a lap but two others stayed out).

All in all, that was massive amounts of fun, super clean and respectful, and some very good points by Joe Gibbs Racing. Better than I expected. Awesome win MStall (although have watched the last lap and could see you were only trying to catch Niops draft - but you did slow right down to let him past, in sorts.) Great solid run by Furi as well. Nice work mate, you deserve that 7th spot.

Again, great choice Drop, that race was just awesome. 👍 👍 👍

EDIT : Just watched Indy back from last week, and the pack behind the leaders early on, catching up. 3 wide in parts and very agressive but clean racing .... nice!

You and I had some fun battles last night! I think everyone realized there was enough time to find the right (cleanest) passes. And was that part from indy when I found Drop and we caught the lead in ten (or so amoun of) laps? Eitherway I'm glad this series is long as I feel like I finally got into my groove with this car. And can't wait for next weeks sprint!

And was that part from indy when I found Drop and we caught the lead in ten (or so amoun of) laps?

I think he's referring to the three-wide shuffling it took for us to get to the front of that trailing pack, just before we started our march back up to the lead pack. Watching the two Red Bull Racing cars run side by side with the two Ford Racing cars for 2+ laps was intense, especially as I was weaving behind them, waiting for either lane to take the lead.

These last two weeks have been especially great for our NASCAR series. The fields are approaching full, and the racing is still as clean as ever, despite having more cars on track, and newer guys to the group. I think the more we all race together, the better we all get as individuals, and as a group. I'm thinking the Chase field will definitely have to be extended to 10 cars for this season, and all future seasons.

Yeah, Crazy, some good battling last night, and like you I found last night that I have gotten back into the swing with these V8 beasts. Looking forward to how Daytona plays out next week.

And Drops version is correct, just watching the pack shuffle around was great viewing, then Drop, MStall and Crazy breaking off to catch the three of us in the lead.

There is a lot of respect from leaders to those at the back of the pack. The whole group works very well and clean together.

Have all the seats been permanently filled now by the reserves, now that we know who turns up and who doesn't?

I am still driving a bit on the edge at times, but 50 laps at Daytona? Gonna like that one.. :D

OFFICIAL Monza Results:

1. #20 M-Stall41 (14 laps led) - 20 points, +2 bonus points
2. #24 RFLX_Niop (Pole Position, 9 laps led) - 18 points, +2 bonus points
3. #43 funkyDucks (2 laps led) - 16 points, +1 bonus point
4. #83 CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 (3 laps led) - 14 points, +1 bonus point
5. #43 homeslice47 (2 laps led) - 12 points, +1 bonus point
6. #18 Knelly - 11 points
7. #11 Furinkazen - 10 points
8. #42 MULE_9242 - 9 points
9. #88 Droptop2001gt - 8 points
10. #14 Mudd - 7 points
11. #83 dowhat13 - 6 points
12. #24 The_Boyce - 5 points
13. #42 Jakob_Nascar88 - 4 points
14. #83 jedijoe727 - 3 points

Driver's Championship:

iwWHp.jpg

Owner's Championship:

6Rmpl.jpg

Manufacturer's Championship:

y9Fsw.jpg

Last edited:
NOTE, we will be off this coming weekend, due to the Thanksgiving holiday. The series will resume as normal with race number four on Saturday December 3rd.

Knelly
Is that going to mean Suzuka will be after New Year?

It depends on whether or not you guys want to race on New Year's Eve or not. The race calendar has been updated in post number two.

24dra05.jpg

2nitwdy.jpg

Hey guys, thought I'd pop in to check on the standings but Drop, I've made a couple of goodies you might want. Just some logos I've made, literally took around 2 minutes to make.

Good luck folks, the standings are shaping up nicely and a lot of competition :)

I'll be around if you need a reserve for the 3rd of December 👍 Also, I know you run no aids but does that include ABS off? I'd run the road tracks as well but I'm still learning to drive with ABS at 0 and I don't want to ruin anybody's race by locking up and wrecking them :scared:

I believe the 2011 #99 ford is available for a full or part time driver. Any takers?

The replays are fun to watch. Congrats again to mstall. Niop goes from last place, 30 seconds behind, and drives back to first. Badass!

homeslice47
I believe the 2011 #99 ford is available for a full or part time driver. Any takers?

The replays are fun to watch. Congrats again to mstall. Niop goes from last place, 30 seconds behind, and drives back to first. Badass!

Yeah, I watched the whole Niop things well. Badass indeed.

I'll be around if you need a reserve for the 3rd of December 👍 Also, I know you run no aids but does that include ABS off? I'd run the road tracks as well but I'm still learning to drive with ABS at 0 and I don't want to ruin anybody's race by locking up and wrecking them :scared:

I believe, well at least I do, use abs at 1 but no more than that.

Since ABS can't be removed via race lobby restrictions, it is perfectly acceptable to use. I have mine set to 1.

Looking at the replay, I saw that I had the 4th (or 5th, can't remember exactly) fastest lap of the race. If I didn't have all of those early problems, I definitely could have been up there with the top guys contending.

This also makes me look forward to La Sarthe, which is my best track in this game easily.

Ok cheers guys, I'll try and join you at some of the road courses as well then.

And Homeslice, I'll drive the #99 for you at Daytona if you want? 👍

As always. Will find out about rest of Gibbs Racing soon, if they can still fit in their cars after thanksgiving .... All that extra ballast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back