Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daytona is like playing Russian roulette for an hour and seeing who's left at the end.

Congrats to acdc, me and him battled the last few laps but he got the better of me:banghead:.

Good racin guys. I lost my tire through turn 3 & 4 on lap 49. Went from third to eighth. Oh well, was still fun. At least I was able to prove Red Bull can dominate at daytona. I believe we pretty much took all the lead laps except for the last few. I had fun holding the front of the lead pack and fending off others trying to lead a lap. Good times!

I played it extremely safe in the race tonight, both to preserve my tyres, and in case my connection dropped, which would've made my car coast along by itself into the wall until I could leave the room. Nearly wrecked a few times in the first 3 or 4 laps trying to dodge Funkyducks and those who were also dodging him. Narrowly dodged Jakob and ACDC's cars in their wreck, and then did the same later with the big one. 5 of us were left in the lead pack.

Furi's tyres ran out leaving 4 of us. At this point I should have tried to get to the front, but I decided to keep safe in 4th until the final lap, which ended up being a lap too late. Crazy's tyres went in 3 and 4 of lap 49, and I was on his outside when it happened. My choices were either brake really hard to dodge him, but lose the leaders and finish 3rd, or try to miss him by continuing round the outside the best I could. I tried the second option, but his car span up into mine, spinning and damaging me. I recovered and finished in 3rd anyway.

EDIT: Is the next race at Sarthe '05 or '09?

*hopes for Sarthe '09 because he doesn't like the first couple of corners at Sarthe '05*

Last edited:
Yea I am happy with the outcome despite my misfortune. I was able to pull 49 laps without conserving at all, I pushed the hardest out there and got 49 laps. I feel like I got the most out of my car that race. But I should have held back for a few laps and I could have made it to the end in top three. Oh well, live n learn. Till next time! See ya guys at sarthe, that track rocks!

Great race until I notice I was slowly down and losing control. I had a little mechanical failure on the back stretch the plug for my pedals came out so there I was ramming the wall down the straight way. I'm glad I didn't take anyone out.

Fantastic race last night guys, I had a blast.

The first 12 or so laps were majorly intense, everyone jostling for position and trying to get a lap led, led to plenty and two and three wide racing with all being in a very tight pack. It's great to see this field all running together with complete confidence of those around you.

After that it went single file for a few laps which watching it back was awesome.

Had a little wiggle around then when I just got into #11 quarterpanel, got me loose with #48 right up my ass, but managed to save it and slot right back in.

Mudd made a comment earlier now feeling confident running with this pack. Mate, I reckon I can vouch for all others in saying that your skills in a pack have never been in doubt. You just seem to get ridiculously unlucky with incidents. Better now than in The Chase though.

There was the incident at Lap 20 which was nobody's fault.

Then came Lap 40. I have spoken with Niop privately about this and we both agree just a racing incident, fighting for the same patch. I knew that Hendrick were making their move then, and as ACDC went out in front in the high line I saw Niop who was trying to follow juuuust slide into the wall. Right then both Crazy and myself looked to put the block on (nice move Crazy) and in Niop trying to make up the ground, and myself sliding in, we just had the slightest touch and that was that.

That left me in sixth, but through tyre preservation throughout the race I managed to gain two more places past both #11 and #83 whose tyres were shot.

I had a chance to win and the only way was to not let Hendrick make their move, however, I am happy with 4th in such a great field of drivers.

Thumbs up to all. 👍

Will there be any kind of speed limit for pitting at Sarthe? You can fly into the pits flat out and the autodrive can't slow you down in time for the chicane in the pitlane, meaning it cuts across it.

We speed into the pits everywhere else, so no reason to do it here.

09, I hope. Monza proved that Cutting isn't really an issue here.

So do you guys think this race will be similar to the daytona race on saturday? As in, do you think the cars will push the limit between border line pitstop for tires or save a little tire for the end? I know that typically (based on other races) at LeMans tires start to disappear around 8 laps. Any thoughts?

I'm not sure what differences exist between '05 and '09 versions of the track, so I'll take a look at them and choose tonight.

Also, the room will open about thirty minutes late this Saturday, as I will be at work right up until 4pm EST. We can delay qualifying and the race start by thirty minutes if you guys would like, or we can start on time. I'm ok with either.

I'm not sure what differences exist between '05 and '09 versions of the track, so I'll take a look at them and choose tonight.

Also, the room will open about thirty minutes late this Saturday, as I will be at work right up until 4pm EST. We can delay qualifying and the race start by thirty minutes if you guys would like, or we can start on time. I'm ok with either.

The main difference in the layout is the first chicane immediately after the start/finish (I prefer how it is for '09). Other than that, the '05 version has less runoff.

OFFICIAL Daytona Results:

1. #48 ACDCROCKS123 (2 laps led) - 20 points, +1 bonus point
2. #43 homeslice47 (10 laps led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
3. #99 JoeOfTheFire - 16 points
4. #18 Knelly (1 lap led) - 14 points, +1 bonus point
5. #24 RFLX_Niop (Pole Position, 1 lap led) - 12 points, +2 bonus points
6. #83 dowhat13 (14 laps led) - 11 points, +1 bonus point
7. #88 Droptop2001gt (3 laps led) - 10 points, +1 bonus point
8. #83 CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 (15 laps led) - 9 points, +2 bonus points
9. #14 Mudd - 8 points
10. #83 Tom_97_COD - 7 points
11. #11 Furinkazen (2 laps led) - 6 points, +1 bonus point
12. #42 Jakob_Nascar08 (2 laps led) - 5 points, +1 bonus point
13. #42 MULE_9242 - 4 points
14. #43 funkyDucks - 3 points

Driver's Championship:

E63sj.jpg

Owner's Championship:

BPfZ4.jpg

Manufacturer's Championship:

VQvwX.jpg

Last edited:
'05 has less runoff, which might not be in the best interest with these cars in a tight draft pack. '05 has walls closer to the track and sand along the rumble stripes. Which is better for taking less damage but at such a high speed with our series I would say go with more runoff with the '09 course.

I've practiced on '09 but not '05. First tine ever taken this car round here and it seems to really like it.

Hate it that there appear to be no brake lights on these either.

You realize that all the "lights" on real life Nascars are just stickers, right? :P

Do we have updated standings? I can't tell because the pc I'm on here at work doesn't display images (stupid content blocker/filters, etc).

kenkwilinski
Do we have updated standings? I can't tell because the pc I'm on here at work doesn't display images (stupid content blocker/filters, etc).

Not yet, expect them tonight.

Not yet I believe. Plus, anyone put any times down for Sarthe yet?

I did a couple of laps last night...and then forgot the laptimes, I THINK I did a 3:47, but that may not be the case. I'm leaning towards making a pitstop in the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back