Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy with going 6 laps on tyres and finishing 3rd, first podium for Gibbs #11 :cheers:

I accidentally had ABS turned on to 1. Is ABS banned? LOL, I've only ever done that one race; not really sure of the rules.

Dirty move by Jakob (my own teamate, btw), punting me off on lap 1 and not giving the position back, sending me all the way to last, after starting 4th.

Ridiculous. No other way to put it. Pretty much done here, frankly.

MÜLE_9242;6318500
Dirty move by Jakob (my own teamate, btw), punting me off on lap 1 and not giving the position back, sending me all the way to last, after starting 4th.

Ridiculous. No other way to put it. Pretty much done here, frankly.

I registered a complaint at Daytona about him..

Things went exactly as planned from practice for me, and maybe a little better than that too.

I saved my tyres behind Mustard while also trying to pressure him into a mistake and then he pitted, leaving me an open road.

In practice I'd worked out that a 0 stop was faster than a 1 stop by 6 seconds for me (with no mistakes), and this proved to be the case in the race. I finished 3.3 ahead of Mustard, with the remaining 2.7 of the 6 seconds being lost in small mistakes.

Raking in the points for Ford now. :sly: Since I returned with a temporary router fix last week, I got 3rd at Daytona and 1st here.

Things went exactly as planned from practice for me, and maybe a little better than that too.

I saved my tyres behind Mustard while also trying to pressure him into a mistake and then he pitted, leaving me an open road.

In practice I'd worked out that a 0 stop was faster than a 1 stop by 6 seconds for me (with no mistakes), and this proved to be the case in the race. I finished 3.3 ahead of Mustard, with the remaining 2.7 of the 6 seconds being lost in small mistakes.

Raking in the points for Ford now. :sly: Since I returned with a temporary router fix last week, I got 3rd at Daytona and 1st here.

Brilliant race Joe, congratulations 👍

I had a awesome race tonight until my tires went out!!! I was in 3rd for the whole race without a draft partner.

Despite people not being able to hear my mic, I could hear them fine. One thing that was said was that me and Mustard may have been working together (practice and/or the race), which we didn't, other than slingshotting down the Mulsanne straight so that everyone else didn't catch up.

Despite people not being able to hear my mic, I could hear them fine. One thing that was said was that me and Mustard may have been working together (practice and/or the race), which we didn't, other than slingshotting down the Mulsanne straight so that everyone else didn't catch up.

I got a 211 mph bump on lap 1... :lol:

I don't think I could be heard either. Weird. I would have preferred a couple more positions, but finishing a road course without being angry or having anyone angry at me, well, I'm calling it a win! :D Can't wait to be back on an oval.

Indy will be very interesting next week, and will depend entirely on the mentality of the field. Depending on the speeds we do as a pack (mostly single file presumably), it'll either be a 0 stop or a 1 stop.

OFFICIAL LeMans Results:

1. #99 JoeOfTheFire (Pole Position, 6 laps led) - 20 points, +3 bonus point
2. #83 mustardaddict (4 laps led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
3. #11 Furinkazen - 16 points
4. #43 homeslice47 - 14 points
5. #83 CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 - 12 points
6. #24 RFLX_Niop - 11 points
7. #18 Knelly - 10 points
8. #43 funkyDucks - 9 points
9. #83 dowhat13 - 8 points
10. #42 MULE_9242 - 7 points
11. #14 Mudd - 6 points
12. #42 Jakob_Nascar08 - 5 points
13. #88 Droptop2001gt - 4 points
14. #20 M-Stall41 - 3 points

Driver's Championship:

fVFaT.jpg

Owner's Championship:

SZwYn.jpg

Manufacturer's Championship:

EfJTJ.jpg

Last edited:
I think I got the maximum possible points in tonight's race. Points for 1st, and then points for pole, leading a lap, and most laps led (Mustard led the first 4 laps before pitting at the end of lap 5, and I THINK I beat him to the line while he was in the pits, meaning I led lap 5-10). Could someone check who crossed the line first when Mustard pitted?

I think I got the maximum possible points in tonight's race. Points for 1st, and then points for pole, leading a lap, and most laps led (Mustard led the first 4 laps before pitting at the end of lap 5, and I THINK I beat him to the line while he was in the pits, meaning I led lap 5-10). Could someone check who crossed the line first when Mustard pitted?

I'll give you that one. :sly: I got a bit desperate in my bid to catch you (ran wide 3 times and slammed the wall on the last lap.) It was my first time racing the Nascar at that track. Great close racing, wish it wouldn't have come to strategy.

Congrats to joe for giving ford its first win. 5 races into the season and we have 5 different winners. Sweet!

Knelly it looked like i forced you into the gravel in the first turn, sorry man. Seems like you get caught in someone else's mess every week, hang in there.

Good race last night, I'm happy with my race. I got punted a few times and punters waited for me so I'm cool with all of that. I started in 12th going on to lap 2 and worked my way to fifth, not bad. Great performance by Mustard! Good job getting points for Red Bull, much appreciated. I think one stop was the way to go here unless ur Joe and can have a perfect ten laps here. And congratulations for that Joe, u have some mad skillz! Indy will b fun next week n single file, blaaaaa. Ya right dowhat n I will b pushin hard on the inside line with no stop! So u better dial those cars in if y'all lookin for a good race next week. Red Bull is on the uprise!

Guys, I having a rouge season which is okay. Its my first time being in a nascar league. I may broke a record which is the youngest nascar driver ever at age 14! Mudd is the teamowner of Stewart-Ganassi Racing. I had a great race at preseason daytona at 3rd place.

You fill in for whatever team needs a second or third seat right before the race. Just show up come race day n we should b able to get u in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back