Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet I believe. Plus, anyone put any times down for Sarthe yet?

With the little bit of testing I did. I was able to pull 352 but I know the top quali time will prob b around 349. In a little two lap race, times were slower due to racing and attempts at clean passes at 170mph on the back half of the track were all the hi speed turns are. But I'm also suspect to believe a pack drafting on the long straight will help shed lap times. Quali should b harder than the norm and pacing yourself maybe key here. Unless ur fast and steal the lead quickly. In all its a 8 mile track were a lot of $h!t could go down. I just hope I'm not in any part of that.

3:52? I'll have to run a few laps to make sure what my pace is there, since I'm not sure about the 3:47 I thought I'd done last night.

3:52? I'll have to run a few laps to make sure what my pace is there, since I'm not sure about the 3:47 I thought I'd done last night.

It was on the '09 track. '05 seems to be a little faster, maybe from start line to the straightaway there's a little difference in the track layout. Unless I was just faster or slower for whatever reason (inconsistancy).

It was on the '09 track. '05 seems to be a little faster, maybe from start line to the straightaway there's a little difference in the track layout. Unless I was just faster or slower for whatever reason (inconsistancy).

I don't like '05 just because of the first chicane. I was at Sarthe '09 last night. I'll do some laps in a few minutes and see whether I was actually getting 3:47's or not.

EDIT: Yep, just did a 3:47.629 on my first timed lap.

I guess the next thing I'll do is work out whether I should pit or not.

EDIT 2: Pit strategies have been worked out, but not decided on. Also went faster by a second. New best lap is a 3:46.538 (with 2 or 3 tenths to be gained on that).

Last edited:
Because everyone's been busy practicing so hard. :D

Mudd I need some help

I just got to Le Mans.

My airplane fight got delay for 5 days due to weather.

Now I need to get to work.

Lol. I'm up for some laps tonight. Just got home, I'll be on in a little bit. I've got my car running pretty smooth, I'm just plain not very fast around this track...yet. Don't spend alot of time at LeMans in the 'Street Car' rooms I'm usually frequenting.

Pe
Lol. I'm up for some laps tonight. Just got home, I'll be on in a little bit. I've got my car running pretty smooth, I'm just plain not very fast around this track...yet. Don't spend alot of time at LeMans in the 'Street Car' rooms I'm usually frequenting.

Red bull spends its time at all the cool tracks, sorry for ur misfortune m
MudDuck

JakobNascar88
Man, I was smoking you guys last night!!!

Jacob, your far too aggressive and especially around the braking points and corners. Couple that with the lack of smoothness on a pad, you need to be aware.

Not having a go, just saying you need to respect those around you a bit more, this isn't destruction derby mate.

Others that I ran with, sone great racing was had. Tonight is going to be scary but fun. Everyone seems to have their own, and different, braking points so we need to respect each other on course. Those that manage to stay on, will score good points tonight.

Have we got an official start time tonight?

Do you guys if i will get in the chase if i keep coming in 3rd place or higher in the next 3 races?

Jacob, your far too aggressive and especially around the braking points and corners. Couple that with the lack of smoothness on a pad, you need to be aware.

Okay thank you Knelly for that warning.:)

MustangRyan
Also, the room will open about thirty minutes late this Saturday, as I will be at work right up until 4pm EST. We can delay qualifying and the race start by thirty minutes if you guys would like, or we can start on time. I'm ok with either.

Reminder.

Sudden schedule issues leave me with a lower chance of making it, still looking good though 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back