• 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see these road courses
-Suzuka east
-Monza No chicane
-Laguna Seca
-Autumn Ring Mini (joes favorite:sly:)

Not really a fan of rome or clubman stage 5 because you can just bounce off the wall if you make a mistake.

I have a created Toscana track that is like a long and fast version of Phoenix. I think it would be a great addition to the calendar.

An updated version of the test course has appeared in the spec II intro movie and now the Acura video (check the news section). It appears to have a day and night cycle and can be run forwards and reverse (forwards should be anti-clockwise, as that's what the track was in previous games). Gotta hope this means it's coming with the february DLC. We'd have a GT5 version of Talladega. :dopey:

SUfan21
I have a created Toscana track that is like a long and fast version of Phoenix. I think it would be a great addition to the calendar.

I would like to see it. Is it shared?

kenkwilinski
When will suzuka east scores be out here? That will count correct?

Probably tomorrow morning, and yes.

DrifterJoe
An updated version of the test course has appeared in the spec II intro movie and now the Acura video (check the news section). It appears to have a day and night cycle and can be run forwards and reverse (forwards should be anti-clockwise, as that's what the track was in previous games). Gotta hope this means it's coming with the february DLC. We'd have a GT5 version of Talladega. :dopey:

I would gladly pay for a track we should have never lost in the first place.

Then I have to save my money!!

I think I'm going to send out some in-game gifts to all Team Red Bull drivers. This includes our reserve drivers too. It's just a little thank you from your team captain! I was thinking level 23 ticket or maybe a paint chip request or a car request. Red Bull members PM me for the details. Thanks for your guys hard work and dedication to the team!

I think I'm going to send out some in-game gifts to all Team Red Bull drivers. This includes our reserve drivers too. It's just a little thank you from your team captain! I was thinking level 23 ticket or maybe a paint chip request or a car request. Red Bull members PM me for the details. Thanks for your guys hard work and dedication to the team!

Oh wow. Now everyone, this is a team owner in the making. 👍 Somebodys gotta have balls to takeaway Red Bull for S3. :sly:

Nothing I actually want of late Crazy so count me out but thanks anyway.

Hoorah, I will be returning for the last five chase races albeit as an out of chase contender. I'll fill in for anyone in an effort to improve my short series resume. I will take no bribes to wreck any chase contenders. :sly:

Drop, I also have a high speed Toscana track. I made it for potential inclusion in the IndyCar series. It is flat out the entire way round in an IndyCar (it's not really an oval), but should also make for a good high speed NASCAR track too. I'll give it a try and report back. EDIT: Never mind, the car doesn't like how bumpy turn 1 is, and is annoying to get round the final turn (turn 5). I do have another track to try though. EDIT: ignore that one too.

Chqr: You didn't say anything about bribes to wreck a non chase contender who is in front of some chase contenders. :sly:

Last edited:
On the subject of created tracks, I have a 4.1 mile Toscana track that's flat out all the way around. But you'll have to add a little downforce. Only downside is it's a clockwise track. It's shared if anyone wants to test it out.

According to the news portion of the site, it looks like we're going to get a high speed oval in the next DLC. It absolutely will go into the regular rotation for season three, if the racing there even resembles the racing found on any other regular NASCAR-sanctioned track.

Sounds like this track is going to be north of 6 miles in length, that should make for some interesting races...lol. Hopefully the track can be run counterclockwise. Also, it appears as if it can be run at night, meaning we may have our first night race!

according to the news portion of the site, it looks like we're going to get a high speed oval in the next dlc. It absolutely will go into the regular rotation for season three, if the racing there even resembles the racing found on any other regular nascar-sanctioned track.

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on the initial viewing, some corner cutting penalties are definitely going to be assessed. This means that the official race results will be delayed a day or so while a thorough review for every participant is held.

Based on the initial viewing, some corner cutting penalties are definitely going to be assessed. This means that the official race results will be delayed a day or so while a thorough review for every participant is held.

You might want to take into consideration sometimes driving your car fast gets away from you and you just try to hold on and sometimes that results into a little bit of cutting. Kinda like Monza where you cut it close just about every lap at the chicane. Im just saying pick your battles wisely on this one. I reviewed the replay and didn't see anything that didn't resemble a nascar race.

But I understand if someone is driving by themselves and constantly cutting corners for no apparent reason other than to gain time.

And good question, How do you review Funky Ducks? All I see in his POV is a **** load of lag!! Like he would be at 50mph and then all of a sudden at 120mph in the S sections all whilst he is wrecking people(unintentionally due to lag). IMO maybe you should take care of that first or assess that issue.

Last edited:
kenkwilinski
You might want to take into consideration sometimes driving your car fast gets away from you and you just try to hold on and sometimes that results into a little bit of cutting. Kinda like Monza where you cut just about every lap at the chicane and not to mention you at Indy giving yourself third. Im just saying pick your battles wisely on this one. I reviewed the replay and didn't see anything that didn't resemble a nascar race.

I did not cut the chicane at Monza a single time on purpose, much less do it "about every lap." I spent most of the race overrunning the chicane because I was trying too hard not to cut it. You should be more careful where you choose your battles as well, given your behavior at the season opening race at Daytona.

Any way, back to the point, what if I told you someone cut the final corner at least 6 times, and had 5 more borderline cuts?

I would say that if they weren't battling door to door while cutting it then assess a penalty

And yes I let the first race get the best of me. I will hold back all anger next time as u have seen my restrain the past weeks

I guess I just find it funny that red bull gets a pair in the top five n now we r finally assessing corner cutting. These kind of things should be enforced from day one.

The biggest problem I have is that I don't have the time to watch 12 drivers run through the last corner 40 times each.

Joe barely put two tires off most times through (and never all four), and led all 40 laps. Since the points are going to reset after this race, I suppose penalizing spots would be a little pointless, since I don't think any movement in Chase standings would have been affected.

However, I would encourage everyone that saved the replay to watch Joe for 10-15 laps through that last corner to see what is considered 100% legal, and is apparently still very fast.

The biggest problem I have is that I don't have the time to watch 12 drivers run through the last corner 40 times each.

Joe barely put two tires off most times through (and never all four), and led all 40 laps. Since the points are going to reset after this race, I suppose penalizing spots would be a little pointless, since I don't think any movement in Chase standings would have been affected.

However, I would encourage everyone that saved the replay to watch Joe for 10-15 laps through that last corner to see what is considered 100% legal, and is apparently still very fast.

👍

My tyre wear in the race was better than I thought it would be, as I had been convinced that I'd have people on a 2 stop strategy trying to get past while I carried on with my older tyres. Due to this I'd been pushing harder in practice than I did in the race.

As for the last corner, putting tyres on the inside would have unbalanced the car and made the rear end want to slide, which would have ruined the tyres for me.

Other than the first lap, there were a few things that happened to me in the race: getting tapped off by Furi round the last corner, lagging into Knelly when I was about to lap him, running wide in the first corner once, and getting hit by Jakob at the end of the second to last lap.

Havent watched the suzuka replay yet. I may have been guilty too, its easy to cut the entrance to the last turn at suzuka. I will watch it tonight.

I have watched monza and sarth replays and i did feel like there was excessive course cutting at those 2 tracks. Guys would cut the corner or go way wide but make no effort to slow up or give a postion back. Saying its ok to cut the corner because it was an "accident" is a poor excuse.

There is alot of gray area on what is "course cutting" or not. It puts ryan in a difficult postion while watching replays to decide what is legal or not.

I think we should do some testing with penalties on at the road courses before season 3. I have run some shuffle races using light penalty and it works well keeping everyone from course cutting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back