Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
DrifterJoe
EDIT: and SSRX is 30km long (Just over 18.6 miles).
Make sure you have enough fuel each time you pass the pit road entrance. If you run out, your race is over.

I think one lap at SSRX is approx 7-1/2 laps at Daytona. And with our regs that means 6 laps at SSRX would deplet a half tank. 6 laps at SSRX is approx 45 laps at Daytona, which is the length of the average stint on tires at Daytona. So my guess is 12 laps at SSRX would eat a full tank. What kind of race length are we looking at for this race at SSRX?

Last edited:
Good session last night guys, thanks for turning up, and had a laugh (until I went to watch the Niners Defense be Awesome - Nice!)

We had Myself, Joe, Niop, Crazy, Mudd, Home and Dowhat, so a good number to test with.

Started with Autumn Ring, which I don't think went down too well. More of a constant grind to stay on track, rather than racing in my opinion.

Cape Ring Inside seemed to go down very well (and not just because I won), but this is a potential inclusion into S3.

Then came Madrid Mini ......... This track was agreed as a hell of a lot of fun, but if you lose it in the first or last corner especially, you are stuck there with a 500 point turn to get back on course. This would need a hell of a lot of practice in groups to get right, but could be too much of a liability and spoil the race from Turn 1.

SSR5 Clubman, went down very well, technical spots, good passing and high speed places, with potential bump drafting on home straight. The cars handle better than expected around this drifty course.

Lastly (for me) was Niops custom made track, a 4m right turning oval around Toscana. Really liked it actually and a good track for drafting. Just need to be very careful on some bends or you're out the running. This could also work, but I was amazed how much my left arm was aching at the end. Obviously I worked up the resiliance in my right arm, through Daytona, and other activities :lol:

These were all run at 10 Laps.

Never got to test Rome, which I think also has massive potential.

So, my list from favourite to include, to least would be as follows.

SSR5 Clubman (No contest)
Madrid Mini (If we can get the cornering sorted in race pace)
Cape Ring Inside / Niops' Toscana (Undecided which should be third in the list)
Autumn Ring Mini (Hate this with a passion).

Hope that gives you some insight Drop. They were tested pretty hard bearing in mind the list of drivers we had last night, so think it can be classed as a successful test session.

Knelly, over and out

BRING OUT THE GORRRRRRRRRRRE! :sly:

Just watched a bit of Niops Youtube Channel adn two videos stuck out for me.
1st being my debut NASCAR drive at Monza, which I believe to be one of my best performances only - bar some dodgy cornering.
2nd being my Suzuka East lag. I never saw what chaos I caused before and its a real eye opener. I am sorry for it but the only consolation I can get is that atleast it was caught on lap one meaning everyone had the rest of the race to regain positions.
Cheers Niop for the vids.

I think I'm with crazy on this. Add SSRX, Madrid Mini, and Autumn Ring Mini Reverse.

Agreed.

I would also like to keep monza, suzuka east, and high speed ring. I wouldnt mind running the same road course twice in a season.

My time is limited so the fewer tracks i have to learn works better for me.

Agreed.

I would also like to keep monza, suzuka east, and high speed ring. I wouldnt mind running the same road course twice in a season.

My time is limited so the fewer tracks i have to learn works better for me.

The only track Drop said he'd be getting rid of is Sarthe, so you should be ok for keeping those tracks. I think of it as replacing Sarthe with SSRX, and then adding in 3 other tracks.

The only track Drop said he'd be getting rid of is Sarthe, so you should be ok for keeping those tracks. I think of it as replacing Sarthe with SSRX, and then adding in 3 other tracks.

Then I would pick autumn ring mini reverse, madrid mini, and maybe another oval along with SSRX replacing Sarthe. Then I would say add Niop's Toscana Oval too or if someone else has a better track than that. I think monza, high speed ring and suzuka east are enough road courses. And autumn ring mini reversed and madrid mini would be a great addition of a short track selection. And adding in two more ovals would be ideal since this is NASCAR and we don't have any other IRL tracks such as Talledega to choose from.

High Speed Ring might as well be an oval as far as Im concerned, I often refer to it as a "Hybrid Oval". Anyways, I would actually advocate two dates for HSR and maybe two for SSRX. Id personally like to see Daytona and Indy drop down to 2 dates to make room for a place like Toscana or Eifel as well

I decided to scrap my Eifel Triangle, as it seems that whatever you do to any track at Eifel, the last corner refuses to have banking. Instead I finally made a fast round eifel track that doesn't have a crazy hill on it, though you will need to brake for the first corner. When testing the track in my #99 I had to brake to 150mph or less to make it through there, though the car was set up with maximum understeer, so I'd presume higher speeds will easily be possible. I had full aero.

The start/finish line is really close to the first corner, which should reduce first corner incidents at the start of the race (you don't need to brake at all on the first lap of the race).

I've put it up for download if anyone wants to try it.

I really enjoyed Madrid Mini and Autumn Ring Mini, although I fear that Autumn Ring Mini is way to difficult to keep from cutting corners in these cars. It just felt like the cars were a little 'overweight' on that course. I also liked Cape Inside, and the created course was a blast.

I'd say add Madrid for sure, Autumn is a posability but we would have to relax our 'no cutting' rules a little, I think. Cape is a good choice, I'd pick that over Autumn. The created track would work well in place of one of the 'oval' weekends.

My two cents. :D

homeslice47
Are we going to start the chase saturday?

On that subject, I've spent all my free time in the open 'Nascar Daytona' rooms this week and the "bug" really doesn't seem to have much of an effect around the big oval.

Everyone agreed that although on road courses, my room didn't appear affected last night.

Having read what the news section says about the online bug and other threads on it, it seems that it only affects races with more than 12 drivers, but gets brought into effect/worsened if mics are on and if you use a wheel.

So if we only have those who qualified for the chase in the race (11) we might be ok. However if we did go ahead with the chase on saturday, I wouldn't be able to make it, as we are probably doing something for my mum's boyfriend's daughter's birthday. >_> Perhaps we could have another night of trying tracks for future seasons (doesn't just have to be for season 3).

I think we should get the chase underway next week. We should try a couple 4 lap races to make sure we have all connections working stable. And diagnose from there. There will be plenty of time at the end of the season to do track testing.

We have a patch coming this week that should hopefully address the online issues, I may not be able to make the race this week however due to the celebration of my brothers birthday

I know that we should have already been in the Chase right now, but I can't possibly start the Chase this weekend knowing that the championship co-leaders will both likely be absent.

SSRX releases this Wednesday

Let's race this and have some fun. Hold off another week for the chase, so Joe and MStall can make it.

On another note, I made a couple more created tracks we can try. One is very similar in size and shape to Joe's Eifel track, but it's flat out all around. Also I have 2 more larger ovals at 3.4 and 4.1 miles that in my opinion are better and faster than my Toscana oval. I could run them flat out with 750HP(something I was unable to do with Toscana)

Let's race this and have some fun. Hold off another week for the chase, so Joe and MStall can make it.

On another note, I made a couple more created tracks we can try. One is very similar in size and shape to Joe's Eifel track, but it's flat out all around. Also I have 2 more larger ovals at 3.4 and 4.1 miles that in my opinion are better and faster than my Toscana oval. I could run them flat out with 750HP(something I was unable to do with Toscana)

I may still be able to make it, but right now I don't entirely know what we'll do for her birthday, though I most likely won't be able to race.

I did have 3 flat out Eifel tracks but after using one of them with knelly and his friend, we decided against them, due to how easy it was to run a little wide or get knocked a little wide and end up stuck off the track on the grass etc for ages trying to get back on. Your ovals sound much more like what I'd been trying to acheive with mine, so they should be good.

It is unclear if Polyphony Digital are currently aware of this bug. Though many players will be looking for a fix in GT5 version 2.03, to be released this week, this is unlikely considering the length of time it has apparently affected the game. Hopefully, by increasing awareness and encouraging further study and discussion, our community can help resolve this issue that is affecting so many of GT5‘s most dedicated players.

It might not fix it.

OFFICIAL Suzuka East Results:

1. #99 JoeOfTheFire (40 laps led) - 20 points, +2 bonus points
2. #83 mustardaddict - 18 points
3. #83 CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 - 16 points
4. #43 homeslice47 (pole position) - 14 points, + 1 bonus point
5. #24 RFLX_Niop - 12 points
6. #88 Droptop2001gt - 11 points
7. #42 Jakob_Nascar08 - 10 points
8. #18 Knelly - 9 points
9. #24 Smuffyatfcp - 8 points
10. #14 Mudd - 7 points
11. #83 dowhat13 - 6 points
12. #11 Furinkazen** - 5 points
13. #43 funkyDucks - 4 points

**Furinkazen was assessed penalties for corner cutting and punting cars.

Regular Season - FINAL STANDINGS:

iiw5g.jpg

The Chase for the GTP Sprint Cup Championship - Initial Standings:

e8sdg.jpg

Owner's Championship:

j7RYZ.jpg

Manufacturer's Championship:

UgOKV.jpg

Sweet! Red Bull got a pair in the top 3 finally in a race! That put's me in 5th for the Regular Season standings! Thanks Droptop! Even though I have no beef with Furi I do agree he did cut the last turn more than half the race and used the momentum carried through the cuts to overtake me a couple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back