Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the time being, anyone can race on Route X, even if you have not purchased it. I'm sure that's temporary, though. That's a pretty wild track, my arms are sore this morning from trying to man-handle the X2010 around that place.

For the time being, anyone can race on Route X, even if you have not purchased it. I'm sure that's temporary, though. That's a pretty wild track, my arms are sore this morning from trying to man-handle the X2010 around that place.

That was nuts driving the x1's around that track. Hitting 310mph solo and 330+mph in draft. 4idiculous! We were also hittinh 270mph with max power NASCARs too.

I presume we will have a yellow line rule for SSRX, as it isn't dirt or grass at the sides of the track and on the inside of the turns, just a different colour of tarmac/asphalt/concrete.

Good fun last night. 👍

Also did you know NASCAR is only good at left turns and SSRX is right turns!

Are we up for SSRX tonight at 502HP? I have not have a chance to race on SSRX yet!

I'm still angered by the fact that the track runs clockwise. Have they never seen an oval track before?? IDK, Im kinda anal about it I guess, lol

The clockwise run is a little annoying, is that a nationality thing? Are there clockwise oval tracks across the pond somewhere? I remember a large clockwise oval in an older game, too...don't remember if it was an older GT maybe.

The clockwise run is a little annoying, is that a nationality thing? Are there clockwise oval tracks across the pond somewhere? I remember a large clockwise oval in an older game, too...don't remember if it was an older GT maybe.

Nah, both the SuperSpeedway and the Motegi oval were the correct way, as were the older test courses.

EDIT: DLC is now available here. I just bought it.

Last edited:
It is annonying they run that track clockwise. Didn't jeff gordon have a big part in this game? How hard would it be to make a no name 1/2 mile oval and a 1.5 mile speedway? Japan doesn't like nascar.

Last edited:
homeslice47
It is annonying they run that track counter clockwise. Didn't jeff gordon have a big part in this game? How hard would it be to make a no name 1/2 mile oval and a 1.5 mile speedway? Japan doesn't like nascar.

I agree with this. They're hardly utilising the NASCAR licence they had with two Superspeedways and a 'wrong way round' 18 mile oval.

I griped about the lack of effort towards NASCAR alot when the game first released. I'm hoping that maybe with the upcoming 2012 NASCAR season looming that we may get some NASCAR DLC, but thats probably wishful thinking.

The track is fun and actually a bit challenging in longer races. You really have to work to stay in the lead draft. The corners are critical for a good draft down the straights, because if you even lose the draft in the tiniest way, you risk losing touch with the leaders.

The track is fun and actually a bit challenging in longer races. You really have to work to stay in the lead draft. The corners are critical for a good draft down the straights, because if you even lose the draft in the tiniest way, you risk losing touch with the leaders.

Or you can do what I did in the Daytona 500 one-off race before S2 and if you are the leader, just slow down the pack so everyone else can catch up. Leaders save fuel and tires, the catchers get the draft. Everybody wins 👍

Going to have a SSRX room up tomorrow night, need sleep now. Just done 1 lap in my Jaguar XJR9, amazing 👍 Good luck all :)

I had a blast testing out the new track tonight. We had quite a few regulars from here.

Also, just so everyone knows, this track will 100% be on the schedule 2-3 times next season, with at least one race in the Chase. At some point, everyone will need to buy and download this track in order to run full time for season three.

EDIT - The schedule is set for the rest of the season. The 300 mile SS Route X exhibition will be this Saturday, and the Chase will take place the following five Saturdays (the final race is the day before the actual 2012 Daytona 500). If there are any issues with lag, voice chat will be disabled. I would highly recommend that everyone reboot their cable modems and routers, and clear the cache on their PS3 before this Saturday's race, just to be safe.

Last edited:
That what I did to get to get in your room drop.I was not able to get in your room. But I did!

Can we start in the day time and end in night time at SSRX?

Who is going to host the room too?

Last edited:
Yea I was lagging in his room last night, so by the time they did one three lap race on SSRX I was able to shut down my ps3 and reboot my router. Got back on GT5 n cleared my cache, I was back within ten min. Something so simple made the rest of the night good for racing. Droptop n I pulled a 4:37 lap at avg 250+mph. Mudd n I also got caught up in a wreck later on n we were in last, we pushed so hard that over 2 laps we caught back up we had a photo finish for 1st.

Will we use 503hp or 892hp? For SSRX on Saturday?

Go to PS browser and hit the options button. You will get the tools option and you can clear cache, cookies and history. Then in GT5 GT home in settings, bottom left buttons. Go to network and clear cache. Hope that helped.

Great fun at Route X past night. Making up 30 seconds on the leaders in only two laps was extremely fun. :P Gotta make sure you've got a partner at that track, though, there's nothing you can do alone there. I noticed alot of lag and difficulty entering the room while it was full and everyone was chatting. Later on, the room dropped to about 10 drivers with very little chat and the game play was perfect. Maybe this weekend we could do a quick 3-lap warm-up to check the race quality just before we start the longer race, then decide on mics.

I hate to run without them, but they become useless if the rooms full of lag anyways.

Last edited:
kenkwilinski
Will we use 503hp or 892hp? For SSRX on Saturday?
All league races will use league rules, so 502hp.

Speaking of which, the rules have been updated in the first post. Clarifications have been made to the one tire compound rule, the corner cutting policy has been expanded, and the use of ABS has been restricted to 0 or 1. Grip reduction has been changed from low to real. The settings for boost (off) and slipstream (weak) have also been listed for reference.

Currently seeing what max speed I can get out of a 503 BHP (as room allows this) NASCAR on RH.

Best I have so far is 194.0 MPH.

Wow, one change got me a 195.1 after about 10 194.0's

Last edited:
Currently seeing what max speed I can get out of a 503 BHP (as room allows this) NASCAR on RH.

Best I have so far is 194.0 MPH.

Wow, one change got me a 195.1 after about 10 194.0's

Is that in the max speed test, or free run? Don't forget the speed test uses offline physics, so things may be different online. I'll have a go a little later and see how I do. Even though I may not make saturday, I still want to test stuff for next season's SSRX race(s).

Also, will SSRX have a yellow line rule?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back