Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
kenkwilinski
Cool, more bragging rights for me. Especially with all the Red Bull bashing in here!

Fifth behind me. :sly:

Great to see consistency got me fourth. Now to start pushing it. Great to see a Gibbs car leading as well :)

69 points despite 2 no shows and 2 disconnects (w/ last place points)? Not bad. :sly:

Now let's see if we can get Ford to win all 3 championships. :D

Haha don't click its not updated!
The website will be fully completed for S3 as that was the idea. Sorry for lack of maintenance and results and such but I'm currently working on a few ideas for the website 👍

Big shout for mustardaddict who will be a must-have prospect for S3 after two stellar finishes if he is committed to a full season of S3.

I can't wait for next season. So many talented drivers and there is no doubt it will be the most competitive GTP Nascar season ever.

I honestly believe that, for the most part, the quality of the drivers in this league is on par with some of the higher oval classes of iRacing, and that should only get better as we push forward. As an aside, I personally believe that our time spent driving road courses in this game contributes to our advanced skill level in oval pack racing.

I honestly believe that, for the most part, the quality of the drivers in this league is on par with some of the higher oval classes of iRacing, and that should only get better as we push forward. As an aside, I personally believe that our time spent driving road courses in this game contributes to our advanced skill level in oval pack racing.

Exactly why I'm going to make an effort to be able to run full time next season. They take it pretty seriously on iRacing because of the cost involved, but I agree with you.

@TomMcD I would love to see you join us fulltime next season. Quite honestly, Id love to see the league expand to 22 full time cars (thus utilizing all 2010 and 2011 NASCAR cars), because I have some really fast and experienced friends possibly looking to join for S3. I can envision a possible Top 8-10 lock-in rule with pre-race knockout qualifying. I think we could pull it off

@TomMcD I would love to see you join us fulltime next season. Quite honestly, Id love to see the league expand to 22 full time cars (thus utilizing all 2010 and 2011 NASCAR cars), because I have some really fast and experienced friends possibly looking to join for S3. I can envision a possible Top 8-10 lock-in rule with pre-race knockout qualifying. I think we could pull it off

Make that 23 cars if anyone has the gamestop pre-order #20.

How would we do the knockout qualifying? Laptimes? At ovals I usually set the car up so it isn't the fastest it can be, so that I get good tyre wear. At road courses I set the car up somewhere in the middle of fast and conservative, as I can change how I drive to affect the tyre wear. So I'd be ok for road courses, but in trouble at ovals.

With the website up and all the large number of guys racing here, this could easily be one of the biggest series on GTP from S3 onwards 👍

To expand on the knockout qualifying idea, we could have 2 races. The top 11 or 12 qualifiers (depends on if someone in the series uses the gamestop car) go into Drop's room for the race. The bottom 11 would then either race in someone elses room at the same time, or race in Drop's room after the first race ends. The top room would race for full points, and the bottom room would race for half points (half points would also apply to those leading a lap/the most laps and getting pole).

If we went through with this I'd be happy to have people use my room to set their qualifying times with me watching (maybe a pre-determined number of laps to set their time). My lounge could also be used for the bottom 11 to race in, since I'd already be on everyone's friend list from the qualifying.

To expand on the knockout qualifying idea, we could have 2 races. The top 11 or 12 qualifiers (depends on if someone in the series uses the gamestop car) go into Drop's room for the race. The bottom 11 would then either race in someone elses room at the same time, or race in Drop's room after the first race ends. The top room would race for full points, and the bottom room would race for half points (half points would also apply to those leading a lap/the most laps and getting pole).

If we went through with this I'd be happy to have people use my room to set their qualifying times with me watching (maybe a pre-determined number of laps to set their time). My lounge could also be used for the bottom 11 to race in, since I'd already be on everyone's friend list from the qualifying.

Not with your connection buddy :sly:

Nah I'm joking, it's a good idea in fairness. Quite similar to the WSGTC and it'll most likely result in less lag and connection issues.

On another note, just seen an advert for the new Top gear series to see them racing NASCAR :odd:

How about two qualification races for Daytona (two "duel" events so to speak) and determining the grid for them? And have say the top 8 or 10 locked in field via owners points? This makes it possible for one-off's or road course ringers to get in.

Or do multiple divisions? Tom? :sly:
The top 12 to 16 (depends on how many there is) fastest drivers would be in the top division and the other 12 to 16 people in a second division. At the end of season the top 3 or 4 drivers in the second division could be promoted to the top division, whilst the bottom 3 to 4 drivers would be demoted to the second division.
Much like the football in the Uk

DLC is out. Everyone go get yourselves Route X.

Edit: It's 18.82 miles long, and it does have a pit lane.
The corners are actually sharper than I expected, but you can still take them flat out in a Veyron.

Last edited:
Niop
DLC is out. Everyone go get yourselves Route X.

Edit: It's 18.82 miles long, and it does have a pit lane.
The corners are actually sharper than I expected, but you can still take them flat out in a Veyron.

Lucky! Wasn't in the UK when I checked 20 minutes ago but it will be by tomorrow I suppose :)

Will let you guys know how IndyCar gets on this Friday in terms of lag and the online bug.

There's all kinds of ways to setup qualifying if we generate enough interest. I think we first need to get to the point were drivers are trying to join us but can't get in due to the room being full. Once that becomes a trend n the sign ups for S3 poor in. Then setup a qualifying scheme.

A good starting point would be ti open up the field for the S3 Daytona 500 to reserves, ringers, people from other series, and new drivers. The top 6 or 8 drivers from S2 would be locked in to the 500, while the rest of the field would be filled out by Duel races. This process of opening up the field to new drivers and ringers, having lockins, and perhaps even having heats could be repeated for 2-3 of the other "big" races on the schedule (Brickyard 500, etc). The teams could even recruit league outsiders and reserve drivers to one-off rides for these races, which invariably would count more towards the team championship.

Niop
We had a little fun on SSRX tonight:

I can tell you where the non-points race is going to be this weekend. :) I'm thinking 16 laps, roughly 300 miles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back