Obsessive's reviews

obsessive rules

(Banned)
United Kingdom
CARLISLEcumbria
warmachine277-
Here I write reviews on any and many cars, stock or tuned. Send me a tuned car request and I'll review it for you.

I start off with a review of the famed RedBull X1. You might of heard about it, fastest car in the game and all, or seen it or even driven it. In the early days of gt5 there was no trading limit so 10 year olds could get it of people and use it to actually win races against stuff like Lotus Elise's... From the 90's. Then SebVet became double world champion, well done by the way Seb, and PD gave them away.

But it's not how you get it, it's how you use it. You'll of ran into them online, ramming you because the 10 year old thinks he is unstoppable because he's got an x1. The reason he thinks this is because of the sheer speed through corners and down straights. 0-62 isn't specified but expect 0-200 in the time it takes a gtr to hit 80, and just when you think it'll run out of puff there's 100mph left, keep it buried and you'll leave veyrons and formula gran turismo's behind. Yep it's quick. Then you find a corner and think its 3000 bhp/tonne will send it spinning into a wall, but it's massive amount of downforce generated by both that wind and the blender, sorry "fan", and that diffuser which raises at high speed to reduce drag, glue it to the track. One MASSIVE problem though, hit an apex and you will spin out as the ground effect, which provides most of the downforce, is seriously reduced and the bucket loads of downforce is lost and it has aerodynamic properties of an f1 car, not good enough mr Newey.

Sebastian Vettel tested the car on Suzuka and managed a time 11 seconds quicker than his f1 record. Unfortunately the x1 will forever remain a virtual dream, it would just be too expensive and wouldn't really be much use at all, le mans? No chance. F1? Errr sorry, too fast. GT500? Seriously? I think that's point proven. Maybe it could be a gazillion pound toy, but there are cheaper cars which will feel that fast, Ariel atom v8 for one. There is a newer version, the x2011, and it's more powerful. Just what it needed, that with more downforce. :( Infact it isn't an evolution of the x2010 just a slightly different, more pointless toy.

Now mr Newey, mr Vettel and polyphony digital have made a super fast racer and a pointless, expensive battering ram for online use. But don't, use road cars or let your mum sell the game. Damn 10 year old's...

10/20. Fast, usable but not very useful...

If you wish, I am sending them tomorrow. For the time being, every upgrade possible, NA 3 tuned, ultra lightened, RS tires,racing components.

Rotorist
If you wish, I am sending them tomorrow. For the time being, every upgrade possible, NA 3 tuned, ultra lightened, RS tires,racing components.

Ok the review will be posted tomorrow.

So, here are the settings if you need any (859PS, 1044kg).
Suspension:
springs: 9.5-12
Dampers ext: 4-5
Damp. com: 4-4
A-Roll bars: 4-4
Camber: 2.5-3.5

LSD

Aero

Brake bal: 6-7
Toe: -0.2 - -0.15

Rotorist
So, here are the settings if you need any (859PS, 1044kg).
Suspension:
springs: 9.5-12
Dampers ext: 4-5
Damp. com: 4-4
A-Roll bars: 4-4
Camber: 2.5-3.5

LSD

Aero

Brake bal: 6-7
Toe: -0.2 - -0.15

Any transmission settings?

For my next review until my first tuner request I am reviewing the GTbyCITROEN, the other virtual reality car in gt5. But unlike the x1 the GT has been made, Infact top gear used it for a trip to harrods to show the 14 year old sheiks who's boss. However it's a concept car, no plans for production. This means however, they could go mental with its design. The main parts a gamer sees (the rear, the cockpit etc.) have been designed for massive visual impact, the interior is made of both smooth and rough copper, this shouldn't work anywhere but it just does in the GT, and has a HUD display. While the exterior is amazing, swoops and curves team up with angles and CFRP. However there are a few problems, it weighs 1.5 tonnes which is the same as the new Aventador but, it has only 500ish bhp. It has a seven speed "circle" transmission which is too many gears for my liking. And without downforce it will handle like a jelly cruise ship, or a Bugatti Veyron as its known. Then comes a major factor, the price. 2,000,000 cr. for its levels of performance this is too much, and the drivetrain is quoted as ---. Errrr it's LSD settings say its rear wheel drive, hmmmm. According to my good freind the Internet it is 4wd. This is confusing seen as PD designed it. :(

However, that downforce is superb, when I bought the GT I thought it was a bit form over function but it is very much function as well. Then there is the speed and the noise, of the road and race cars anyway, it's just so addictive. Not as good as the sound of the Lamborghini SV and I don't know about the lp-700-4 yet. I soon will However. But for now the GT is stacking up well, then you run into the 458 and all that hard work has gone to waste. To me the 458 looks better, is faster, corners just as well. If not better, and costs a lot less. I know it's a concept but so is the ft86 and that's less than an LFA... PD messed up, they shown the world what they could do with the x1 and I was expecting more physics burning. Sadly it's too fat and too under powered to be truly great and it costs too much, I mean the racer is 5 million, 1 million cr. more than a 908hdi or an Audi r8 racer, and the same price as the amazing formula gran turismo. For all the hype, it's just not worth it.

11/20 PD cocked up, too over priced and fat. Get the aventador when it arrives and seriously know its just as mad in the looks department but actually real... And a Lamborghini... And an Italian exotic.

Depends to the track's straights. Adjust it as you wish my friend.

As for GT Concept and it's axle of transmission, it's 4WD with electric motors all-round and it's LSD works only for the rear wheels.

Rotorist
Depends to the track's straights. Adjust it as you wish my friend.

As for GT Concept and it's axle of transmission, it's 4WD with electric motors all-round and it's LSD works only for the rear wheels.

I was reviewing the road car, not the concept. And review with stock transmission on tgtt it was fun, oversteer on demand full review tomorrow.

Heres a review of rotorists Enzo.

The Enzo is an object of desire, not for it's handling or looks, just to mimic an FXX but, when I received this setup, thanks rotorist, it was refreshing. No NEARLY FXX here. It's just good old tyre smokin' fun. I first drove it at tgtt and even though it was slower than my setup it was miles more fun. It rarely suffers from that usual Enzo trait, under steer,but instead you get a chance to make rubber rain. It's epic. I hit the hammerhead, turned left and flicked it right and slid, it was very controllable and made me look epic in the face of the German Nissan skyline fans with their four wheel drive and massive slides. All in all there isn't much to say about the Enzo, it's fast yet controllable, completely predictable and just... So... Addictive. Infact it shall be known as the Enzo vimto. Not least because my car was purple.

16/20 big credit to rotorist for this car. Well done!

Hey mate,

would you be interested in reviewing the tuned cars that are published on my tuning page? I won't send the cars for testing BUT if you send me a friend request you will be able to borrow them as I always share the latest cars I've published to the tuning page

Currently the 6 cars being share are:

Touge:
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
Honda NSX Type R
Mazda RX-7 GT-X FC3S
Spoon Integra Type R DC2​

Wangan:
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec R33​

Track/Grip:
BMW M3 GTR '03​

There are also setups for the new DLC cars avaiable :)

SolidSnake7735
Hey mate,

would you be interested in reviewing the tuned cars that are published on my tuning page? I won't send the cars for testing BUT if you send me a friend request you will be able to borrow them as I always share the latest cars I've published to the tuning page

Currently the 6 cars being share are:

Touge:
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
Honda NSX Type R
Mazda RX-7 GT-X FC3S
Spoon Integra Type R DC2

Wangan:
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec R33

Track/Grip:
BMW M3 GTR '03

There are also setups for the new DLC cars avaiable :)

Yes I will. What's your psn name?

Is it a racer? No. Is it a road car? No. Is it insane? Yes

ZONDA R: THE ART OF SCIENCE

Yes it's here. Mr Clarkson's car of the year 2010. It is, like the x1, pointless. But I mean, look at it. The carbon fibre body is an art. It has a triangle pattern which means mr Pagani has been busy, but think, if he pays this much attention to something so insignificant as the weave, imagine what they put into the engine. Right, fire it up. BOOOM! It's gonna be fast. It is, it is certainly capable of a faster 'ring time than 6:47 but still that is fast. However (me bragging here) I got it faster round there faster than the Pagani driver managed. It has masses of grip and a high top speed, I tried it at the nurburgring for the fun. Lap 1: 6:48.529 lap 2: 6:44.146. Think that's all I need to say, but let's have a go in the wet...

...darggggggggg! Span out, again, again, again... With rs tyres. Then Ö big gasp as I manage to turn a corner! More specific the dreaded karusel. The zonda R is art, 200mph art, and it utilises the greatest engine AMG made, that now goes to the new unit for pagani. It's the ultimate machine, and seen as the normal zonda is my favourite all time car, this is the greatest car since the... Model t. I am not surprised loudmouth Jezza likes this machine, Infact I am not surprised I like it, and I'm less errrr, loud... Ever since I saw its huge wing and gold lines I knew, it was the swansong, the final zonda before the huayra. The R is certainly a way of seeing off a decades work and welcoming a decades more, like gt5 it Is a labour of love...

20/20 stunning. The devil is truly In the artistic detail

Last edited:
The Fiat 500 lounge: cutesy car is crap

The fiat 500 isn't near Ferrari levels obviously, I mean not near 100bhp is bad, 1 tonne worse. So this car, what is the point? It's slow, it's bad looking (I like angles more than curves but will concede on some cars, the 500 isn't one of them) it's a perfect candidate for heavy modification but don't expect to make a gti beater. It needs a cheery colour like bright yellow. NO FERRARI REDS PLEASE! It's not a mini f430, it's ff for a start. But compare it to rivals, old mini, old 500, etc. etc. it looks ok but, the price is too high for. It's pp range, get an 86 it's only 10000 Cr. more and in gt5 that's nothing.

I can't think of any reason for its existence other than just collecting. I ran this at kart space and for me, I find drifts fun and ff agility fun, it didn't deliver either. It's so girly I refused to buy it and borrowed it of a friend, I had tuned it and sent it to her, it WAS pop yellow like the one in my race-X fanfic, it's NOW lfa pink. So I was online testing a pink fiat 500 with a mic in, not good at all...

Infact it attracted men wanting a gt girlfriend, then I replied and they wet them selves laughing...

3/20 disappointed, we at least need an Abarth ESSEESSE. Or the tributo Ferrari. EPIC FAIL!

Last edited:
Solidsnake7735s m3 gtr: Nurburgring assault.

Having received a request from solidsnake7735, thanks for the borrow by the way, I decided to review his m3 gtr setup. At the nurburg. My reasoning was e looked badass, the wing intruded the menacing body for 1 purpose, grip. So I decided to try it on the ring, a track where grip is vital. I want to start with a complaint. Under steer, I crashed on several corners from going too fast, that was always going to be a problem though. It's fr after all. Now that's over time for the good things, the noise, in chase it's a lovely roar, in bumper it's spoiled by the transmission noise but I was in chase mostly, just to see that runway of a spoiler. The sheer grip, I drove a stock m3 and a modern one round the track before hand, the m3 gtr from solidsnake7735 was faster than the newer m3 by 11 seconds and the m3 by 22 seconds, it's not the speed. It's the grip although I never tested for top speed, but it's well above the 160mph indicated by the speedo.

I dont know much else in its class which comes close, racer grip in a road car? What comes close? Errr... You tell me. It won't drift which means most will find it boring but, it's fun in its own way. It isn't lairy like a Lambo, it's more like a gt 86. Stable but unless you are a racing driver you'll struggle to find its limits. The m3 gtr SS7735 then, it's quick, 20 seconds faster than a veyron round the nurburg, it's stable to the point of fun, it has high limits and it knows what it is, it's not trying to take on the BMW v12 lmr, it's competition is more v10 BMW. I'm utterly impressed, tuned car of the year so far...

19/20 easy to drive, hard to find its limits, understeer and transmission noise ruin it...

Last edited:
Spectre, tomorrow's tuner review has been decided!

Racer. Prius TC
Road. Prius (joking, it's the mustang v8 premium, joking again it's the sls AMG.)
Tuner. The spectre
Maybe. The Lamborghini murcielago COPPER edition from my fanfic race-X.
Sounds good.👍👍
Car is set up for the Dream Car Championship seasonal races currently.
If you send me a FR I have the car on share as well.:D

Solidsnake7735s m3 gtr: Nurburgring assault.

Having received a request from solidsnake7735, thanks for the borrow by the way, I decided to review his m3 gtr setup. At the nurburg. My reasoning was e looked badass, the wing intruded the menacing body for 1 purpose, grip. So I decided to try it on the ring, a track where grip is vital. I want to start with a complaint. Under steer, I crashed on several corners from going too fast, that was always going to be a problem though. It's fr after all. Now that's over time for the good things, the noise, in chase it's a lovely roar, in bumper it's spoiled by the transmission noise but I was in chase mostly, just to see that runway of a spoiler. The sheer grip, I drove a stock m3 and a modern one round the track before hand, the m3 gtr from solidsnake7735 was faster than the newer m3 by 11 seconds and the m3 by 22 seconds, it's not the speed. It's the grip although I never tested for top speed, but it's well above the 160mph indicated by the speedo.

I dont know much else in its class which comes close, racer grip in a road car? What comes close? Errr... You tell me. It won't drift which means most will find it boring but, it's fun in its own way. It isn't lairy like a Lambo, it's more like a gt 86. Stable but unless you are a racing driver you'll struggle to find its limits. The m3 gtr SS7735 then, it's quick, 20 seconds faster than a veyron round the nurburg, it's stable to the point of fun, it has high limits and it knows what it is, it's not trying to take on the BMW v12 lmr, it's competition is more v10 BMW. I'm utterly impressed, tuned car of the year so far...

19/20 easy to drive, hard to find its limits, understeer and transmission noise ruin it...

I'm very glad you enjoyed it 👍
more tunes of this nature coming soon, so keep an eye :sly:

obsessive rules
Mostly yea. I get request, try them out. See a car I like, try it out. Just post best/worst/average cars on this page.

Would you like to do a cool review on my Lamborghini mercelgio and compare it to the new aventador? I have both tuned in my garage and I think it would be neat to compare the two.

shmogt
Would you like to do a cool review on my Lamborghini mercelgio and compare it to the new aventador? I have both tuned in my garage and I think it would be neat to compare the two.

Yep, I got a murcielago but am getting the dlc soon. So it'll be soon.

The murcielago COPPER edition. Am I worthy?

This is one badass version of the Lambo murcielago, and that's saying something! I created this for my fanfic race-X, Infact I deemed it worthy of the main car in the story! I wanted Tvr reflex spice but didn't have any and didn't think to buy a Tvr to get it... So I settled for the dlc colour shift bronze. Although in the right light it looks more like copper (I.e daylight!) the paint is a combination of purple and pink, looks nice. The spoiler and diffuser add to its wicked looks and it's rubber neck presence, but it's not just form...

It weighs 1.5 tonnes, the same as the Aventador, but has 780 bhp, say what you like, that's a lot ! Stock transmission gearing is 257 mph, near veyron SS speeds, but I have fitted a short gear ratio transmission to help acceleration out of corners. Oh, did I not mention the turning? No, ok then. It slides through bends like an FR would but the 4wd catches the slide and eases it in, unless you have a lead foot on your right and a cotton foot on your left. I tried the ring but it needed a bit of tweaking to stop drifting, more on that when it's real, but for now it won't set a valid lap round the ring, either crashing or going off, it'll be red numbers.

6852647429_d04d9d586d_b.jpg

The power plant may be ancient but as the Aventador becomes the big daddy of gt5 lambos, it really does come alive. Ok, step on the throttle, wheel spin, then. Oh. My. God! I tried it against my veyron, it was close. Very close, it was manual and I missed a few shifts when the bug just left thanks to the driver using AT. I'm trying it again, both in AT now. Woohoo! Brrrrr, clack, brrrrr, clack, brrrrr, clack! We then ran out of straights and hit the brakes. Violent, swinging under braking with abs activated, then I spin. Into a wall, sorry Coatl. Then we try cornering, understeer. Lots of it! Now for the Lambo, oversteer! Yay! That's a problem though. As mentioned in the last paragraph!

6852656981_5cdedcce11_b.jpg

When you compare it to the veyron it is a bargain, less than 2million cr. and it so much cooler, it doesn't under steer and isn't French-Doitch, it's Italia-German. If your not reading race-X just wait, this devil will be making more appearances.

16/20 few niggles away from shiny perfection...

Last edited:
Back