Obsessive's reviews

Looks like you got a busy schedule but if you want I have a Caterham Fireblade that is heaps of fun around the ring. Let me know if you want to borrow it. 👍

Jackthalad
Looks like you got a busy schedule but if you want I have a Caterham Fireblade that is heaps of fun around the ring. Let me know if you want to borrow it. 👍

Yea, ok. I'll be putting reviews up over the next few days. :)

The spectre. Absolute power corrupts.

The cien wasn't slow in its stock form, it was just slower than it could be. For this setup I didn't know what to expect so I headed to the top gear track to set a lap, more on that later. For now I'm puzzled, is this a track day monster or a drifter? It slid easily, the sort of gracious sideways action that you had to admire, it went to spa and even caused rain! That's an epic drifter! But it's not just a slideways drifter. It is seriously quick, 1.13 round dunsfold, and I'm no stig...

Right now I'm running it against actual racers at a speedway and 50 seconds in I'm first! However we then come to cornering. It loses to a gt race car but hey, it's not a le mans car. It reaches tyre squeal easily and that's an annoying noise but, give it the beans and FEEL. THE. POWER! Jesus! It's quick. Stock transmission is good, this one is EPIC! You may notice I'm using! A lot but that's because I drove it, 200mph down dunsfold. It's hypnotising, easy to drive and fast. It has high amounts of grip and lots of powerrrrrrrr. Nearly as much as the veyron, but it weighs 1200kgs yea, it's a ballistic missile. In my review of the murcielago COPPER I suggested it was fast, with this that word doesn't cover it. Infact I'm off to find a better word for it, where's my dictionary?

19/20 I loled at this car, not anymore!

The spectre. Absolute power corrupts.

The cien wasn't slow in its stock form, it was just slower than it could be. For this setup I didn't know what to expect so I headed to the top gear track to set a lap, more on that later. For now I'm puzzled, is this a track day monster or a drifter? It slid easily, the sort of gracious sideways action that you had to admire, it went to spa and even caused rain! That's an epic drifter! But it's not just a slideways drifter. It is seriously quick, 1.13 round dunsfold, and I'm no stig...

Right now I'm running it against actual racers at a speedway and 50 seconds in I'm first! However we then come to cornering. It loses to a gt race car but hey, it's not a le mans car. It reaches tyre squeal easily and that's an annoying noise but, give it the beans and FEEL. THE. POWER! Jesus! It's quick. Stock transmission is good, this one is EPIC! You may notice I'm using! A lot but that's because I drove it, 200mph down dunsfold. It's hypnotising, easy to drive and fast. It has high amounts of grip and lots of powerrrrrrrr. Nearly as much as the veyron, but it weighs 1200kgs yea, it's a ballistic missile. In my review of the murcielago COPPER I suggested it was fast, with this that word doesn't cover it. Infact I'm off to find a better word for it, where's my dictionary?

19/20 I loled at this car, not anymore!
Thank you for the great review.👍👍
I'll quote it in the "Spectre's" tune.:D

If you feel the rear end is sliding out to much you can increase the rear downforce on the car. I believe as is the rear downforce can go up to 35. I didn't add more since I wanted to keep the tune at 650PP without reducing HP or adding weight.

Also I limited the top speed to what you are likely to see on the fastest sections of the Dream Car Championship seasonal tracks and tried to maximize acceleration. On tracks where a higher top speed is possible you can move the transmissions Final Gear to the left.:crazy:

Seen as I'm bored while my idiot of a b spec driver struggles to win here's my review of the SLS AMG.

Sls AMG. How do the f1 cars keep up?

Firstly might I say, the doors are irrelevant. Secondly might I say, the Germans have cracked it! This is the successor to the slr and I could be better! First thing you notice is the MASSIVE bonnet. The next thing is what is tucked under the bonnet, a 6.3 litre v8, this is an amazing send off the NA engines. It's powerful and makes a noise like satans own gt1 racer. Its so good it's the gt5 cover car, joining stuff like the corvette zr1 and the Nissan gtr. It also captured Jeremy clarkson's heart for being phenomenal, I now know why.

You set off thinking it'll be like a muscle car but no, it's good in corners for a start. It oversteers and as JC found out in the USA destroys the rears... For fun! You get the sense that if, today mercedes and mclaren done a joint project it wouldn't be far off the sls, with turbos :(. I drove it at Cotê d'Azur and it was epic, it's rears lit up like ww2 and the horizon was swung at you. The thing is thought, the competition is good as well. The sls, lfa, 599, gran turismo S, SLR. It's a hard choice, but a nice one to have, the sls is brilliant, yes. But what if you want speed? Erm lexus or Ferrari. Looks? Maserati, Ferrari or mclaren Mercedes...

I don't care though, the sls is, and will always be stunning. And I managed a review without saying 300sl... DARN!

20/20 seriously, they need a slower pace car for f1... Now the flood gates are open. Tunes for it...

Mazda furai, RMS setup. Well?

Darn it all! I made this Mazda furai RMS to compete in an online event and, it hasn't gone well. You find me at Laguna Seca with this mutha funka, it's swooping lines show it is a design concept but, the engine and chassis from a racer show other purposes. The ultimate track toy, right. Enough tittle tattle, swing out of the long pit exit. Hit the pace car... Not good. Retry, get out of the pits, lap 1 behind pace car, done. The pace car swings into the pits leaving me competing against Caterhams, lotuses (loti?) bmws, and a Nissan gtr spec v... I don't quite know what the rules are, maybe cars with less than 650bhp, but I like this pack already. Going down the straight. Pass the Nissan and see my next targets, 2 Caterhams, one black. One chrome red. I notice they're ramming each other so I wouldn't belong until I pass th- I hit into the back of one, spinning him, poor furai.

Reach the corner and notice the cars momentum could, if I'm not careful, slam me into the wall. I take turn one at 40 mph then I spot the lotus Evora driven by unt German. I'm along side him and he hits the rev limiter, I just buzz off. No time to waste. The oversteer is manageable so far but it's lap 1 and I hit the corkscrew, you all know a mov called the Scandinavian flick? Yes, well it is good for starting a slide. Not good though in a race. Instant death, I hit the wall and am forced into last, this isn't a car to be messing with. It'll knock your teeth out if there's any funny buissuness. I can't think of a comparison. Erm... Stratos? No. Zonda r? No. Help me here, I'm struggling. Then we hit the straight. Bang! Splutter grrrrrrr! Bang! Geared for 275 mph, I don't know it's 0-60 or top speed but I can guess they're in racer territory. There's no amount of aero to save you either, as before it'll fling you into the nearest wall. With bricks. But, take time to master it, it is fast, 6:13.672 at nurburg, yea it could go ALOT faster but, that's quick.

19/20 sawtooth tiger to the Zonda r's pussy cat. Worth it 150%

Now can I explain this review? Yes, ok. I watched this online and was enchanted by its speed on spa francorchamps, it is the...

Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 "SV-R". Performante, leggera, pottere...
(performance, lightweight, power...)

First off, is the speed. It's maker Matman666 of YouTube, I think, says its geared for 237mph but on trials at routeX show an amazing 240.3 mph! And 0-60 in 2.618, yup. It's faster than mr. Bolt. A lot faster. Let's recap, 240mph, mclaren f1 territory, and 0-60 in 2.7 seconds. Meh stock time. But, but. The first corner, normally a Lambo oversteers or understeers away from the apex, the SV-R is just there, then gone. So then, why's it so fast? Grip and racing hards on the concept, sports soft on the real thing. I know, a concept. But I'm testing the orange road car, the winged 900bhp 4wd monster, yep. Now to spa, the place I first fell in love with it as a matte black proto-concept, this guy takes it seriously. I was limited to 10 laps of spa and a couple of speed tests, but, my god I learned a lot from it.

I needed a compatible car. I worked for AGES to find one, I then gave my friend/driver my Lambo murcielago COPPER edition. Higher top speed, slower acceleration. Not the same handling wise, too much understeer to be truly fast, too little oversteer to be fun. :( oh well. I have reviewed the COPPER before but online, it's an uncontrollable animal. The Aventador is a pussy cat, willing to forgive mistakes, yet fast. The Murcielago is a big massive Lion, roaring down the straights and clawing its way round bends. This however means it needs something called patience to master it, that 'Dor is just get in and go. Less soul. Less emotion. You never have that bond during trying to master it, you get that awhile after you get it. 9 laps around spa for me. This isn't my only complaint, its bad but not the worst thing ever. That's the wind noise, it's awful, you never hear the generic parp of the stock 'Dor, you only hear the air being whipped back to the carbon body. Awful. Secondly is the garish colour, I would rather it in yellow. Or matte grey, looks like the Reventon then. But that can be changed.

15/20 can't say I'm not impressed, but I'm not in love with it...

Ok, I'll take the tuner slot then. :D Give yourself a scare in this. Or are you one of those who aren't afraid of a Lotus Esprit with damn near twice the power it came with? :scared: :lol:

Onboy123
Ok, I'll take the tuner slot then. :D Give yourself a scare in this. Or are you one of those who aren't afraid of a Lotus Esprit with damn near twice the power it came with? :scared: :lol:

Ok then. Any requests for
Racer
Road car

What exactly qualifies for those two?

It's pretty self-explanatory, no? I'd say Road car is...a Toyota Supra Turbo A wedge thing, and race car? How about a SUPA GT? :lol: (I've had my request, these are merely suggestions, if someone says otherwise, do that first)

No not quite so self explanatory. Does he mean reviews of cars that are stock or that have been tuned. Also by road car does he mean any non race car in the game or those that were built simply as street legal versions of race cars to meet rules requirements for racing classes.

XDesperado67
What exactly qualifies for those two?

Racer. Any race car. From a race series. With racing tyres stock.
Road car. Any car which is road legal, even if it is a concept of a road car. If it has sports/comfort tyres stock, it's a road car.

Lotus esprit m600. LOOK AT THE HEADLIGHTS!

This is a true Devil car this. It's uncontrollable online and it under to over steers offline, however. It is quick, 0-60 in 3.295 there's a word for this car, especially as a dragster. It starts with F and ends with AST. But. It's too lairy, online at Laguna Seca I was all over the place, maybe some revision of the suspension for 'entry level' drivers such as myself, if it wasn't off the track, it was often building sandcastles by the barriers, it was torturing the rears, for fun.

Ok handling niggles over, now to the looks. EPIC. It's an esprit in BRIGHT French blue, by BMW or lotus(?), and is complemented by black rims and a little front wing. Then, the best bit. POP UP HEADLAMPS! I'm a discreet fan of them. We then get to another plus, that almighty roar, this is definitely a beast of a car. And it really shows its claws. Too much, too often. Any how, the track times, Laguna Seca.
Online, 1.37.233
Offline, 1.35.362
Yea impressive though it is, it's not the best it would be if the power didn't corrupt it. Shame, it's amazing, you really need to show it who's boss, but don't anger the beast, she will bite your head off. Show it respect and don't drive like an arse. It's worth it...

16/20 little problem with its 600 bhp...

Sorry for the lateness, I forgot...

Project 88v. Subaru madness.

From the very first sight of its black paint, glinting in the sun, you know this car will be crazy. But, it's no drifter, it's crazy fast! Faster than its sister, the 87v sedan. It's basically a Subaru wrx sti hatchback, but. It has 437bhp and a 0-60 in the low 3 seconds. I used this against a gt500 gtr, only 10 seconds slower round Suzuka, and it's a road car! The only thing is a competitor, it can't be a gt500 car because this is road legal, hmmmmm. Nissan gt-r black edition. We lined up at the start line on a very wet Nurburgring. Normally this is a disaster for normal car but, this just grips and goes. GRRRRRRRRRRR! To the first corner, the gt-r understeers off. The 88v just keeps a perfect line. Little tyre squeal, it's odd this. The Normal hatch is thrashing the fully blown supercar.

On the straight I lose out on top speed but that's an easy fix, final drive just needs increased. The gt-r tries to over take but, NO! The sweeper makes him veer off course. Bang! Into a wall, finally a significant restyle. It manages to look worse though O_o. Victory doughnuts! Darn! It cannot do doughnuts well. Never mind, this car is amazingly fast anywhere, and because you can fit dirt/snow tyres onto it , it is a rally car lite, yay! Next competitor is the lighter, less powerful Subaru rally car. On snow. Yikes! Corner one. Oversteer. Corner two. Understeer. Corner three. Both. Keep it on the Tarmac please.

14/20. Awful online. Amazing offline.

No reply for a rs200 or xr8 so these reviews aren't being put up unless I get hold of these cars.

So, a racer review. Or should that be tuner? The second one. It's a racer being fettled by RAKAS Motorsport. It is the Alfa Romeo tz2 RAKAS edition.

Alfa tz2 RAKAS. Beauty is a beast.

Looming in the darkness is a lotus Elise in Alfa red, not exactly pretty. But, as the light hits us and we come out onto the bridge I catch him, I pounce in the next tunnel. This sets the theme for the race really. Every flick of the wheel is transferred to the road, every time my foot twitches I'm met with a huge wallowing growl. Welcome everyone to the first creation from RAKAS Motorsport, they are a clan on psn, normally on racing games. You can identify them as they have RAMO somewhere in their name, in capitals. E.g. CarlRAMO222. Any how, let's not get bogged down in that. I want to focus on one thing; the looks, white looks epic on this car. Red looks better however, it looks stock, good. But it's looks hold a terrifying secret. POWER! Not that much but, enough. That Elise is a perfect analogy of this car, little power. Little weight. Pure handling delight. (sorry Subaru)

We then go to my favourite track, Monza, to test the speed against... An Evora? Are you mad?!? I'll be defeated. No, as it turns out the Evora hit 180ish when I hit 196mph :D victory shall be mine. Errrrr no. The Evora is faster 0-100 and has more aero. But, once he runs out of speed he just has to wait for the inevitable. He got overtaken! By me! In a 190mph tz2! Fair victory. 3 seconds on a 4 lap race. So: Evora. Defeated. Elise. Defeated. What's next?

Ah, drifting. This is a dark art. You must hold your nerve to hold the perfect, tyre popping slide. What am I up against? Oh **** a Nissan skyline r34 modded. I might get an asskicking here. I so do. Lost by 1549 points. My fault. I'm no drifter. Oh well. It just shows this is a track machine. A beautiful track day toy. Then I remember the price. Modded parts+10million cr.= north of what I can afford. Balls!

20/20 nearly 21/20 I love it so much

Now taking requests.
Racer
Road car
Tuner
And for you now is a review of my current favourite road car EVER!

Acura NSX. Tributo al leggenda... Senna

I want to start of by saying the Acura nsx was developed by SENNA! the Jesus of f1 and a personal hero of mine. But, it's not the only thing this car was famous for, it's also a brilliant drive.

6852656579_587bb4ee33_b.jpg

Yes as seen here. :D I love this car, I love it's past and how it influenced me to make its future...

6852654625_99ae6d65cc_b.jpg

But, I love how it shown the ferraris of the time up. It said no to POWER and opted for lightness. As Colin Chapman says "power makes you faster on straights, lightness makes you faster everywhere else." yes that's the man who started Lotus, a company known for lightness. Anyway, let's not get concerned with all that. This car shocked the world because it was a Honda supercar. It is amazing in corners and decent on straights, only one problem. Stock tyres are comfort tyres, oh dear. Oversteer and a general lack of grip. Switched to sport tyres, ahhh much better. Crisper into corners and less violent on the way out. Then, on trial mountain. I line up the countach and prepare for a race. Remember, we're on the same tyres but, I'm lighter than him so, I pull away. Big time!

Once again I would like to thank Senna for this amazing drive, now whenever I'm in my NSX, old or new, I'll be in a yellow helmet. This is a definite tribute to a legend. Senna...

20/20 I need one in my life

How about a review of my "Hellfish" a tune of the Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71.

It's set up for the American Muscle Car seasonal and running it on the Eifel track there is pure joy.:gtpflag:

If that's not your style try my Jaguar XKR Coupe '10 "Apex Predator" tune or the Daihatsu Storia X4 '00 "Niku's X-Factor" tune.

All three cars are on share currently.👍👍

XDesperado67
How about a review of my "Hellfish" a tune of the Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71.

It's set up for the American Muscle Car seasonal and running it on the Eifel track there is pure joy.:gtpflag:

If that's not your style try my Jaguar XKR Coupe '10 "Apex Predator" tune or the Daihatsu Storia X4 '00 "Niku's X-Factor" tune.

Ok. I'll send you an fr on psn tomorrow and I'll try them all, a mass review!

Ok. I'll send you an fr on psn tomorrow and I'll try them all, a mass review!
Please read the write ups I did for each tune to get an idea of their purposes.

Note I don't think I put it in the write up for the Jag but it can win the Dream Car seasonal race at Spa. Quite a site when it passes all the other LM cars and then a lap or two later catches and passes the Jag XJR-9.:D

You're as obsessed with that thing as I am with my Esprit and Aston! :lol: Just get him to drive the X-Factor, leave him to test my Aston. :P

You're as obsessed with that thing as I am with my Esprit and Aston! :lol: Just get him to drive the X-Factor, leave him to test my Aston. :P
Uhm which one are you referring to me being obsessed about? Also in case you doesn't notice this is obsessive's reviews so what better place to go for a review about a car your obsessed with?:crazy::lol:

XDesperado67
Uhm which one are you referring to me being obsessed about? Also in case you doesn't notice this is obsessive's reviews so what better place to go for a review about a car your obsessed with?:crazy::lol:

Fair point.

XDesperado67

You're Aston v "apex predator" v my Tvr tamora...

6852648393_ab2cb4a6cb_b.jpg

I will of course need your Aston on borrow. Fr to warmachine277- please :D.

Back