400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
The only thing I don't like about this car is the ugly popup headlights. :yuck: If I drive it during the day there's no problem though. :sly:

I will check my garage for you. I may have a 0/0 of this car. I know the first one I bought got me the high mileage trophy.... :embarrassed:

Regarding my car, I will have it posted by tomorrow afternoon/evening US central time. I will be sticking with my "White Knight" but I want to test out some minor tweaks. Love having a half day of work on Fridays. :D
The only thing I don't like about this car is that they didn't include Aki's convertable so I could actually drive it...they say it was almost impossible for anyone over 5'8" to get into it since it was so small and low.:dopey:

'99 Celica SS-II

Body
Chassis Reinforcement

Engine
Oil Change
Engine Rebuild

Suspension

Ride Height
Front: -20
Rear: -14

Spring Rate
Front: 5.2
Rear: 15.0

Dampers Extension
Front: 6
Rear: 8

Dampers Compression
Front: 1
Rear: 4

Anti Roll Bars
Front: 1
Rear: 7

Camber
Front: 1.5
Rear: 1.0

Toe
Front: 0.00
Rear -0.20

Drive Train
Semi Racing Flywheel
Twin Plate Clutch

Fully Customizable LSD

Initial Torque: xx/6

Acceleration Sensitivity: xx/8

Braking Sensitivity: xx/7

Transmission
First: 2.780
Second: 1.961
Third: 1.478
Fourth: 1.175
Fifth: 0.942
Sixth: 0.800
Final Gear: 4.500
Top Speed: 142MPH

Tires
Front: Comfort Soft
Rear: Comfort Soft

Brake Bias
Front: 5
Rear: 4

Final Power

192HP @----
130(ish)lbs @----

Final Weight
1140KG

Final PP

Celica TT
This is Trivial's (mine....) attempt at the 400pp Shootout, and I think I picked a decent car. Without needing to mess with the engine at all, we turned all our attention to the suspension and LSD. Yes it's a bit like TRD already did, but I would like to think we did it better. For an FF the car is quite twitchy on entry, but can gain some mild mid corner understeer. The TT stands for Trivial Tunes, kinda like what TRD did with it's Celica. Good luck testers and try to have some fun out there.

Last edited:
Time to add my tune to the pot. So without further ado...

Ford Focus ST170 '03 "ASBO"/ 400PP/ Comfort Soft Tires
focusst1701.jpg

ASBO is up on share and ready for testing. The tune can be found here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6614788#post6614788

Good luck test drivers, hope you enjoy another Clueless car :crazy::dopey:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oopssorry/6810094655/

(can't seem to get my image to show up here, probably Flickr being 🤬)

Oil change

Transmission (pic is blurry)
First: 2.780
Second: 1.961
Third: 1.478
Fourth: 1.175
Fifth: 0.942
Sixth: 0.800
Final Gear: 4.500
Top Speed: 230MPH :lol:

If there are any other questions about the blurry numbers please feel free to ask. This tune is FINAL. Testers have fun.

Isn't the top speed km/h? The setup sheet screen seems to always show km/h instead of mph.

Edit: @Theo: Nice choice with the ST170, I was just playing with one earlier. Was pretty damn good but I don't think I've exhausted my resources as far as finding something potentially amazing goes.

Edit: @Theo: Nice choice with the ST170, I was just playing with one earlier. Was pretty damn good but I don't think I've exhausted my resources as far as finding something potentially amazing goes.

I concur. Great choice of car :sly:

OnBoy, clear your inbox out and I'll let you know my thoughts on your car...

{Cy}

I concur. Great choice of car :sly:

OnBoy, clear your inbox out and I'll let you know my thoughts on your car...

{Cy}

CLEAR--ARRRRRRD!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Can just ask, did the engine feel…right? I've just found an extra 3hp in the engine (down the back of the sofa, you know? :lol:), but the cost is the torque, so I might need you to tell me if the car felt strong enough for me to ditch some of the pull.

Nice choice with the ST170, I was just playing with one earlier. Was pretty damn good but I don't think I've exhausted my resources as far as finding something potentially amazing goes.

It may not be the fastest of the 400pp crowd, but it drives quite easily around the Ring. My other tune I was working on couldn't keep up with it in the corners... it was an I forgot to change the oil RX-8 :crazy:

@XDesperado67: Oh, pop-up headlights FTW! :drool:

Last edited:
CLEAR--ARRRRRRD!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Can just ask, did the engine feel…right? I've just found an extra 3hp in the engine (down the back of the sofa, you know? :lol:), but the cost is the torque, so I might need you to tell me if the car felt strong enough for me to ditch some of the pull.

PM'd..!!

It may not be the fastest of the 400pp crowd, but it drives quite easily around the Ring. My other tune I was working on couldn't keep up with it in the corners... it was an I forgot to change the oil RX-8 :crazy:

It's the fastest car I've tried so far ... just sayin :mischievous:

{Cy}

goldian
Are you sure it is on share?
I can see everyone else has stuff on share except you, i dont see anything.
Well ill do cuyler now if i dont see it after ill retry tomorrow

That still the case? If so I might well have forgotten to save beforehand. Happens when it elects not to autosave for some reason :boggled:

@Theo very nice choice, would most likely have been my first choice in a FF.👍👍

Hoping I can get "Aki" to handle through the corners a little better/easier. Figure if I can keep her close to the better cars through the twisties her better speed in sectors 2 & 3, up the hill to the carousell and on the long straight should keep her in the hunt.

Just a bit of trivia here, Sean Connery is the same height as the Wallbanger (just not as good looking:crazy:), they tried making a targa version of the car but it looked ridiculous because his head stuck up so far above the roofline, so they quickly made the only two "convertible" versions of the car.
It's also the only "Bond" car that James Bond never drove and the only Bond movie he didn't drive in. Now if PD would just let me.have the rocket launchers...:odd::lol:

Very nice choice Theo 👍👍

Going away from home shortly, back later tonight, but was wondering if anyone would give my cars a run. They are nowhere near done (just rough tunes), but I need to know if they will be competetive... And try not to laugh. :D :dopey:

That still the case? If so I might well have forgotten to save beforehand. Happens when it elects not to autosave for some reason :boggled:

Dont think its you mate, since that PSN Maintenance Im having issues with the internet connection on PS3.. ( thats why peoples that are online now on psn probably sees me sign in and off all the time)

God damnit

Now i got able to play GT without getting disconnected all the time but something is terribly wrong, i dont see cars shared, but sometimes i do, and sometimes not all like on you i tried all the time to click on your profile to refresh it at some point i saw a jaguar lol..
Now i just saw a chevrolet and some drivers but quickly dissapeared

Well it seems it got fixed, i can take everones car but still not yours.. i think me or you have some internet settings wrong, probably me, i cant access the router here , not mine.. ah well i guess im disqualified now :drool:

I will test other tuners cars anyway and we will see if i ever get to see ur car, ill jump on it the moment i see it :P

Going away from home shortly, back later tonight, but was wondering if anyone would give my cars a run. They are nowhere near done (just rough tunes), but I need to know if they will be competetive... And try not to laugh. :D :dopey:

I'll give your wheels a spin, I'm assuming which cars to take out will be obvious.

I should have oopssorryy's hosted later today and barring any dramatics, I should have my own car up too. I'm sure I should maybe keep plowing through some of the cars I've yet to test, but...

{Cy}

@krenkme no guarantees but I'll try and check out your cars after I get home from work in a few hours. Of course with the Wallbanger driving you might not be interested in the feedback.:lol:

I'll give your wheels a spin, I'm assuming which cars to take out will be obvious.

I should have oopssorryy's hosted later today and barring any dramatics, I should have my own car up too. I'm sure I should maybe keep plowing through some of the cars I've yet to test, but...

{Cy}

i have checked . i`ve sent a PM.

:) ><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Yes they you can tell which ones they are, and I welcome any feedback. Just remember, this is only one day testing, I just need to know if I should continue with one of these or find another. Thanks.

Yes they you can tell which ones they are, and I welcome any feedback. Just remember, this is only one day testing, I just need to know if I should continue with one of these or find another. Thanks.

I'll let you know which of my predefined groups they fall into. Currently I have "8:37s", "8:34s", "sub 8:30s" and "everything else".

Sorry , it was for Mr Krenkme. Have a good day.

Not a problem, Sir :)

Just having a mess on with a xsara VTR and i must say its quite a competitive car for this. Not too bad at all

That's another car on my list that I'm not likely to get to. Just wish they'd given us the VTS version. Wouldn't have minded a Saxo to play with either...

{Cy}

I'll let you know which of my predefined groups they fall into. Currently I have "8:37s", "8:34s", "sub 8:30s" and "everything else".
{Cy}
Hey Cy if you get a chance can you give "Aki" a spin and let me know what group its in.:D

I've sent friend requests to all the testers that weren't already on my friend list except SolidSnake7735, whose friend list is full.

Here's my tune.

mogiheader.jpg

Toyota MR2 1600 G '86
Bought from Used car Dealer

GT Auto
Oil Change
Engine rebuild
Body Refresh
Volk CE28N

Parts
Window Weight Reduction
Sports Intake
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Turbo
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension
Comfort Soft Tyres

Settings:

Power/Ballast
Power Limiter: 100.0%
Ballast Amount: 0
Ballast position: 0

Transmission
Set max speed 149mph

LSD
Initial: 0/15
Accel: 0/23
Brake: 0/10

Suspension
Ride height: -12 -12
Spring Rate: 8.1 8.5
Shocks (Ext): 6 6
Shocks (Comp): 5 5
Anit Roll Bars: 3 4
Camber: 2.1 2.7
Toe angle: -0.03 +0.07

Brake Balance Controller
Brake balance: 5/4

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Notes:
If you wanna have a little more fun in the corners, raise the rear spring rate to 9.5.

Car is on share.

Last edited:
That's another car on my list that I'm not likely to get to. Just wish they'd given us the VTS version. Wouldn't have minded a Saxo to play with either...

{Cy}

I've just gone 4 seconds faster than the lupo in it......

I wish they gave us the Saxo vts too. My friend had a one made for track use and he took that to the ring a few years back.

Pending response:
Hermanvongerman PSN:*Jontank5

Those that I couldn´t add due to their friendlist being full
Rotary Junkie - PSN: RJs_RX-7

Last edited:
Time to add my tune to the pot. So without further ado...

Ford Focus ST170 '03 "ASBO"/ 400PP/ Comfort Soft Tires
focusst1701.jpg

ASBO is up on share and ready for testing. The tune can be found here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6614788#post6614788

Good luck test drivers, hope you enjoy another Clueless car :crazy::dopey:

Hah hah, I was just playing with this car last night. I already submitted a tune but I wanted to see what this car could pull off with very stiff suspension settings. I got some mild understeer and a few hot tires, but it's definitely a sub-8:30-er. Video from my run...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep1paESWxUY

Hey Cy if you get a chance can you give "Aki" a spin and let me know what group its in.:D

I'll endeavour to, Sir. Is it eveident which car I should drive?? I've not been keeping up with whose driving what, sorry :crazy:

CSLACR and all in general, I'm temporarily pulling oopssorryy car off of "submitted", I have some minor issues with parts, PP etc. Just waiting for him to get back to me. I'll get it sorted as soon as I can...

{Cy}

I'll endeavour to, Sir. Is it eveident which car I should drive?? I've not been keeping up with whose driving what, sorry :crazy:

CSLACR and all in general, I'm temporarily pulling oopssorryy car off of "submitted", I have some minor issues with parts, PP etc. Just waiting for him to get back to me. I'll get it sorted as soon as I can...
{Cy}
Only 400PP car I have on share.:D

Back