400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
tris_73
Go on. I dare you! :mischievous:

He will still be going round the carrousel corner when the final results of the competition are announced. It would take forever! Either the car would break or he would

Has anyone tried my lupo yet?

I tried ur lupo but since im kind of not allowed to give to much information ill try to keep it a bit quiet

Awesome car in curves , well in my opinion has high potential

Only downside, we get to the max speed to soon, im no pro tuner im really clueless but i think the final gear should be longer and u would easly hit an higher speed, eacht time i hit the limit the KMH gets done by 5 and goes back up etc, thats really to bad cause for the rest it was a great car, and with the max speed fixed i could have beat my time with para s car..

If you can keep it on the track

It's not keeping it on the track. The VX220 is easy to drive, although slidey. The real complication just comes from fitting it in since you have to get it dirty to make it fit in.

My tune will be coming in mere moments. It'll be edited into this post if no one else does after this in the meantime, but it's coming! :D

Sorry no editing for you :D

Still need these peoples on PSN

Pending response:
chuyler1 - PSN: chuyler1
-raVer- - PSN: CSLACR
Rallywagon - PSN: rallywgn81
Motor City Hami - PSN: MotorCtyHamilton

Those that I couldn´t add due to their friendlist being full*
Rotary Junkie - PSN: RJs_RX-7

Then I think I have everone,

Thanks!

It's not keeping it on the track. The VX220 is easy to drive, although slidey. The real complication just comes from fitting it in since you have to get it dirty to make it fit in.

I refused to even test a car that engine refreshes over 401pp, let alone enter a car that needs an oil change. If someone beats me with a "dirty" car...so be it. At least I know my tune can be replicated by anyone who has the car.

Looks like I'm going to stick with the MR-2 Spyder (MR-S). I've seen the name thrown around a lot and I have the car tuned pretty well. I'm only hitting 137-138 up the final hill straight but every other car I try just doesn't feel right. If other tuners enter one, it will be interesting to compare lap times. After 3 laps I can get it to 8:28.9 with maybe a 8:27 flat possible if I grab my best sectors from those 3 laps. But at this power level, all it takes is a little wheel spin on a key corner before a straight to drop a second off pace.

I am really excited to see the results of this Tuner/Tester competition considering the nordschleife is my go to track for online and offline racing.

So thanks for organizing this. Glad to see the amount of interested the GTP community is pouring into the challenge.

I ran a few laps in a Lotus Elan (only car i currently have near 400pp) i tuned to exactly 400pp. While its a hell of a lot of fun to drive and handles amazingly, its PP are more a function of it's low weight than it's power. At around 100hp, the car unfortunately looses significant time on the straights and uphill climbs (notably Kesselchen & Antonius Buche).

Best time i put down i the Elan was 9:18.

I need to find some more good cars to consider for 400pp. Unfortunately i previously tuned my MR-2 far beyond 400pp.

Cheers

I refused to even test a car that engine refreshes over 401pp, let alone enter a car that needs an oil change. If someone beats me with a "dirty" car...so be it. At least I know my tune can be replicated by anyone who has the car.

Sorry but what my english allow me to understand is that you will not even test my car because of an oil change ?👎👎

This is what i have writen for the tune in my garage, not for the shootout.

<<CAR ON SHARE, who want to build this car don´t need to let it with old oil, it was just because of the rules of the shootout. Need to change oil yes, and use power limiter that was forbiden for this contest.>>

This is a shootout with rules like the 1% power limiter, then i have found this way ,approved by the organizer miss CSLACR, to enter with this car and no oil change.
I don´t see anything wrong or unfair to say ,<If someone beats me with a "dirty" car...so be it.>

I needed to say this, never wanted to cheat or something like this entring with my car.

Well its within rules and i dont mind but its not realistic, making a car dirty to enter a competition but i like your car, im being neutral btw dont flame on the new guy :P

C-ZETA

You were so right about the Hommell Barlinette. :irked:

What a wretched thing to tune with comfort soft tires.:yuck:

Thanks for the warning :lol:

Oil does not need changed or engine's rebuilt, the only stipulation is that at least 200 miles are on the car.
If I were going to change it (which I'm not) it would simply be to add a bit of power limiter use, and what's the difference between changing the oil and limiting power and this way? The cars have natural power bands this way. :)

Oil does not need changed or engine's rebuilt, the only stipulation is that at least 200 miles are on the car.
If I were going to change it (which I'm not) it would simply be to add a bit of power limiter use, and what's the difference between changing the oil and limiting power and this way? The cars have natural power bands this way. :)
I think you just hit on my objection to the dirty oil/no rebuild thing. It's a means to circumvent the restriction on the use of the power limiter. That said you've made the rules clear and that this is a viable and approved option for all tuners to use in this shootout so it is fair game.

I think my secret weapon which is built up to 400PP and will have an engine rebuild before going on share is a strong contender but only time will tell.

Changing up restrictions and allowing certain tactics in tuning for these shootouts is part of what keeps them fresh and exciting as all the tuners look not only for the best cars but how they can achieve maximum performance from their chosen cars.:cheers:

goldian
I tried ur lupo but since im kind of not allowed to give to much information ill try to keep it a bit quiet

Awesome car in curves , well in my opinion has high potential

Only downside, we get to the max speed to soon, im no pro tuner im really clueless but i think the final gear should be longer and u would easly hit an higher speed, eacht time i hit the limit the KMH gets done by 5 and goes back up etc, thats really to bad cause for the rest it was a great car, and with the max speed fixed i could have beat my time with para s car..

Ah well it's too late I've submitted it now. I knew the top end would let it down a bit

Ah well it's too late I've submitted it now. I knew the top end would let it down a bit

Well if you want and everone agrees, u can just do those minor changes, i dont mind doing the lupo again, not at all and i dont think a lot of drivers tested it already anyway.. ask the organizator if u can edit it :P I really want to see this lupo with that small tweak !

goldian
Well if you want and everone agrees, u can just do those minor changes, i dont mind doing the lupo again, not at all and i dont think a lot of drivers tested it already anyway.. ask the organizator if u can edit it :P I really want to see this lupo with that small tweak !

I'll stick to the rules for now unless csl acr let's me. The littlest tweak can mean winning or loosing

C-ZETA

You were so right about the Hommell Barlinette. :irked:

What a wretched thing to tune with comfort soft tires.:yuck:

Thanks for the warning :lol:

If you're looking for an MR, make sure it isn't too light. If it is, the lower weight will make it wilder. Better to have something slightly heavier and more controllable, unless you can build a setup that will tame it...sort of like I had to do with mine. And sort of what I've done with an RUF RGT in the past...

I will have my tune up once I have the B-Spec Seasonals all done. On the subject of them - anyone noticed the 400PP one yet? :sly:

Sorry but what my english allow me to understand is that you will not even test my car because of an oil change ?👎👎

To be clear, I am not a tester for this event, I am just a tuner. I have tuned a car that reaches 400pp with a complete engine refresh and oil change. The tune, when published, will be something that other GT5 players can easily apply to vehicles in their stables since I have removed the variable of worn engines and dirty oil. As you pointed out, the rules do not state a car has to have an oil change...but its just a rule of my own and if I am beaten by cars that are naturally above the 400pp level but have dirty oil, then I don't consider that a loss on my part. In fact, I'm just hoping the test drivers enjoy what I have done with my car.

if you take a car with way less then 400 PP and do a Oilchange and put Power adders on the car to increase Power and Torque or take a car with dirt oil that has 401 PP , what´s the difference?

raVer

-raVer-
if you take a car with way less then 400 PP and do a Oilchange and put Power adders on the car to increase Power and Torque or take a car with dirt oil that has 401 PP , what´s the difference?

raVer

Umm...the oil? :dopey:

In terms of this competition...nothing. But in terms of promoting a tune on this site, I'd rather post something that everyone can use, not just the people that have X car with 60,000 miles on it with sludge in the oil pan. An engine refresh and oil change can swing a car in this class by 15-20 pp. So if someone has the car I'm tuning in their garage, they can be sure it will run the way I have tuned it...and they won't have to add another 10% of engine detuning to get it to 400pp.

In terms of this competition...nothing. But in terms of promoting a tune on this site, I'd rather post something that everyone can use, not just the people that have X car with 60,000 miles on it with sludge in the oil pan. An engine refresh and oil change can swing a car in this class by 15-20 pp. So if someone has the car I'm tuning in their garage, they can be sure it will run the way I have tuned it...and they won't have to add another 10% of engine detuning to get it to 400pp.

Only 1% Power Limiter is allowed. ;)

raVer

This is what i have writen for the tune in my garage, not for the shootout.

<<CAR ON SHARE, who want to build this car don´t need to let it with old oil, it was just because of the rules of the shootout. Need to change oil yes, and use power limiter that was forbiden for this contest.>>

Exactly...so if I wanted to duplicate your car/tune with dirty oil, I couldn't do it unless I had a car in my garage with equally dirty oil. :indiff:

Praiano pretty much has the answer already. The only reason anyone is keeping the oil dirty is to get around this 1% engine limiter rule. If you want to build the car for your own use, you can just change the oil then use the power limiter to bring the power back in line.

Well, I've got the car now absolutely ready so, here it is!

The MG TF160 '03 it was all along. It is now on share, and I wish you all good luck in testing this thing.

Might as well post mine now too. If you sent me a friend request you can drive it now. It's a very different approach compared to C-ZETA's midship. I'll have to take his for a spin. As you can tell, I had no luck with setting camber on these tires. I just felt like 0-camber was more forgiving and kept the tires from getting too hot.

P1040798.JPG

(Turn off all driver aids and set ABS=1)

Nurburgring%2520MR2.jpg

Best lap in the hands of the owner: 8:27.248

praiano63
Your traction control is set to 5. Is it ok like this??

Oh crap! I knew something was wrong. I guess it will have to do now. It's also a driver aid not a tuner aid ;)

Last edited:
Oh crap! I knew something was wrong. I guess it will have to do now. It's also a driver aid not a tuner aid ;)

I think there is no problem to put back to TC=0 and to increase your top speed gearbox setting. For me it´s ok. You can go 20 or 25 kmh faster. The handling of the car is ok , good job...

Back