◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,627 comments
SoCal in the house! I just sent you a friend request. Please proceed to the Step 2 of the steps listed at the bottom of the original post. Let us know if you have any questions at all. I look forward to racing with you this Sunday night! (we'll both be in the same division)

Great! Accepted and now on to the next steps ahead of Sunday.

*IMPORTANT NOTICE*

Snails,
If you finished in the top ten of the last races we had on January 29th, you have just received a friend request from the new Division1 account. Please be sure to join that account on Sunday night in order to participate in the correct races. Do not join my lounge. Remember, the drivers with the lowest three point totals in Division1 will be relegated to Division2 the following week.

If you didn't receive a Division1 friend request, you either didn't finish in the top ten, you didn't race with us on January 29th, or you're new to the league and you've never raced with us before. Whatever the case may be, you can only participate in the Division2 races, which will take place in my (zer05ive) lounge. The top three drivers in Division2 will be promoted to Division1 the following week. Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

Last edited:
dj is correct. Here are the standings from last week. The top ten drivers will be getting a PSN friend request from the Division1 account later today.

Sorry ck, looks like your stuck in Division2 with me this week! :)

We'll be racing with cm, doughboy, and all the new guys. There also might be guys who've raced with us before, just not on the 29th. For example, aubdogg, KoreanBro, and yer_mama904

I'm looking forward to it regardless of the division! It will make for more meaningful racing 👍

To those who received the call, welcome to Division 1. I hope to keep things running as close to on time as possible. Unless there happens upon us something completely foreign, the track will reset at 10pm EST to begin the qualifying session.

Also, please make an effort to be in the pits for race start rather than finishing up a lap as time expires. Lobbies may be running more smoothly post update but why risk it. Also, Im willing to restart once if the bug hits but because id like to be finished in a timely fashion after one occurrence we'll just have to deal. Is this acceptable to all? Thoughts Zer0??

Last edited:
Too those who received the call, welcome to Division 1. I hope to keep things running as close to on time as possible. Unless there happens upon us something completely foreign, the track will reset at 10pm EST to begin the qualifying session.

👍

Also, please make an effort to be in the pits for race start rather than finishing up a lap as time expires. Lobbies may be running more smoothly post update but why risk it.

I've read about this helping other groups, not sure if it's GT legend status or not, but as Diabolic said, why risk it.

Also, Im willing to restart once if the bug hits but because id like to be finished in a timely fashion after one occurrence we'll just have to deal. Is this acceptable to all? Thoughts Zer0??

Acceptable to me, as long as we don't end up running too late. I'm old and need my sleep :sly:

So as a new racer I have read the rules, and think this is an excellent idea .. I understand the stock nature oF the cars .. but am understanding correctly that we use racing soft for tire selection unless noted otherwise? And I'm still curious how qualifying works.. is it f1 style where we are all out on track at the same time?

Sorry for all the questions ..

shadowrsx
So as a new racer I have read the rules, and think this is an excellent idea .. I understand the stock nature oF the cars .. but am understanding correctly that we use racing soft for tire selection unless noted otherwise? And I'm still curious how qualifying works.. is it f1 style where we are all out on track at the same time?

You'll learn once you get on the division 2 grid >:)

This is an awesome idea 👍

Yes, unless stated otherwise we're using Racing Soft tires. You can use whichever tires you like but ... :)

Qualifying is F1 style, everyone on track at the same time. You just have to take care on your out and in laps not to impede anyone on a hot lap.

EDIT: maybe I should define Out, In and Hot laps. I'll do my best, feel free to chime in :)

Out Lap: Your first lap from leaving the pits, you are not on the clock.
In Lap: You've worn through your tires or have set as fast a time as possible and are on your way back to the pits (you don't care about the time you're setting).
Hot Lap: You're currently driving as fast as you can to set a time that will position you on the grid.

Last edited:
kcheeb
This is an awesome idea 👍

Yes, unless stated otherwise we're using Racing Soft tires. You can use whichever tires you like but ... :)

Qualifying is F1 style, everyone on track at the same time. You just have to take care on your out and in laps not to impede anyone on a hot lap.

EDIT: maybe I should define Out, In and Hot laps. I'll do my best, feel free to chime in :)

Out Lap: Your first lap from leaving the pits, you are not on the clock.
In Lap: You've worn through your tires or have set as fast a time as possible and are on your way back to the pits (you don't care about the time you're setting).
Hot Lap: You're currently driving as fast as you can to set a time that will position you on the grid.

You should've let him learn like we did :(

You should've let him learn like we did :(

Not the best way to welcome/inform new people. If your questions got missed when you signed up, sorry about that.

It's not really any different than a lot of other clubs/leagues, but if someone hasn't raced online much they may not know this stuff at all. I know when I started I sure didn't.

My opinion, better to help out. Makes things go smoother come race night!

kcheeb
Not the best way to welcome/inform new people. If your questions got missed when you signed up, sorry about that.

It's not really any different than a lot of other clubs/leagues, but if someone hasn't raced online much they may not know this stuff at all. I know when I started I sure didn't.

Lol it's always more fulfilling when you learn things on your own but then again I guess this is better to avoid chaos.

Lol it's always more fulfilling when you learn things on your own but then again I guess this is better to avoid chaos.

Pretty sure Zer0 has the information in the first post ...

Don't know what the best approach is. Just tell people it's all in the first post, answer they're questions ...

Agreed, I tend to remember things I found out on my own versus someone telling me. But ... if someone asks, I have this strange need to answer, :lol:

kcheeb
Pretty sure Zer0 has the information in the first post ...

Don't know what the best approach is. Just tell people it's all in the first post, answer they're questions ...

Agreed, I tend to remember things I found out on my own versus someone telling me. But ... if someone asks, I have this strange need to answer, :lol:

o.O dayum you got it bad I laugh and move on lol

Qualifying tip.
1. Run out lap very slow too conserve tire wear
2. Run a flying lap.
3. Continue running laps until there are 5ish minutes laps. (depends on track)
4. Pit and DO NOT TAKE FUEL.
5. repeat steps 1 & 2.

Honestly, I'm not sure if the fuel is weighted but I run faster afterwards. Plus its my system. Consistency, even in how you qualify, will bring lower laps. I equate it to performing the same routine before attempting a free throw in basketball. This way, even in series were I'm outmanned I always feel the same going into the race. You know...the night will feel like every other, like I've been there before. Deja vu if you will

hopefully I'm making sense here.

Qualifying tip.
4. Pit and DO NOT TAKE FUEL.
5. repeat steps 1 & 2.

Honestly, I'm not sure if the fuel is weighted but I run faster afterwards. Plus its my system. Consistency, even in how you qualify, will bring lower laps.

I'd wondered what the fuel situation would do for lap times. It makes sense the lighter you are the faster you'll be. You'd think during quali having less fuel would help you run faster.

Does the game start you on a full tank come race time? Will have to pay attention tonight, doh.

hopefully I'm making sense here.

It's not in 1's and 0's, so it helps :)

To those who received the call, welcome to Division 1. I hope to keep things running as close to on time as possible. Unless there happens upon us something completely foreign, the track will reset at 10pm EST to begin the qualifying session.

Also, please make an effort to be in the pits for race start rather than finishing up a lap as time expires. Lobbies may be running more smoothly post update but why risk it. Also, Im willing to restart once if the bug hits but because id like to be finished in a timely fashion after one occurrence we'll just have to deal. Is this acceptable to all? Thoughts Zer0??

I'm on board with everything you said, especially the part about keeping things on time. I don't want to have to wait too long for you to send the Division1 results to me since I can't go to bed until I post them on this thread. Like kcheeb, I need my sleep! :sly:

I haven't read anything. :)

Speaking of not reading anything, I just noticed your PSN handle. Sorry I kinda blew you off last night, I just didn't realize who you were. I've just cancelled my friend request to the PSN shadowrsx and sent one to you at your gamualexander handle. Again, sorry for the mix-up!

Thanks for setting the right tone for this thread 👍

I'll be hosting this week's Wednesday night fun run. Will be on at 9pm (EST) and will run for 2 hours. I'll post the room number later and it will have S.N.A.I.L. in the title. We will do each of the track/car combo at least once and will take a vote on tonight's format.

I'll be hosting this week's Wednesday night fun run. Will be on at 9pm (EST) and will run for 2 hours. I'll post the room number later and it will have S.N.A.I.L. in the title. We will do each of the track/car combo at least once and will take a vote on tonight's format.

do you mean 9pm CST?

Is it Ok if I pop in later than 10 est tonight. I have a meeting that starts at the same time and should last a little less than an hour.

Is it Ok if I pop in later than 10 est tonight. I have a meeting that starts at the same time and should last a little less than an hour.

That's not a problem at all. We don't record points on these informal race nights, so it's okay to to join midway through. If the lobby is full, just send me or dvdoughboy a PSN message and we'll boot a non-snail to make room for you.

Back