Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If its cool with everyone, I'd like to get tonight's Nationwide Testing underway. I'm quite a regular public lobby host so its in a Public Lobby.

Room Number: 1472 - 6681 - 3759 - 3053 - 1308 or just Friend Request me.

As Tom said, just some small races checking out tire wear and tracks.
Mics On

EDIT: Today, I've managed a lobby of 15 Nascars, mics on with a reduced screen rate but no lag or evident glitch.

Chqr
If its cool with everyone, I'd like to get tonight's Nationwide Testing underway. I'm quite a regular public lobby host so its in a Public Lobby.

Room Number: 1472 - 6681 - 3759 - 3053 - 1308 or just Friend Request me.

As Tom said, just some small races checking out tire wear and tracks.
Mics On

EDIT: Today, I've managed a lobby of 15 Nascars, mics on with a reduced screen rate but no lag or evident glitch.

I'll join in a bit cause I'm bored, but hoping to get a Sprint Cup seat or next season. 👍

OFFICIAL High Speed Ring results:

1. #24 RFLX_Niop (pole position, 31 laps led) - 20 points, +3 bonus points
2. #99 JoeOfTheFire (9 laps led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
3. #43 homeslice47 - 16 points
4. #11 Furinkazen - 14 points
5. #14 Mudd - 12 points
6. #83 dowhat13 - 11 points
7. #83 MattyMc1996 - 10 points
8. #88 Droptop2001gt - 9 points
9. #20 M-Stall41 - 8 points
10. #42 Carbonox - 7 points
11. #83 CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 - 6 points
12. #18 Knelly - 5 points

Driver's Championship:

E6Rm3.jpg

Owner's Championship:

UmFXj.jpg

Manufacturer's Championship:

fYsIQ.jpg

From the stats department:

The battle from 5th to 10th in points is separated by only 8 points. :crazy:

The battle from 5th to 8th in points is separated by only 2 points. :scared:

Chevrolet has clinched a tie, at worst, in the manufacturer's championship. Toyota would need to win the next two races, with Chevrolet placing behind Ford in both races, to force a tie atop the standings.

Mudd earned his first career top 5.

RFLX_Niop is the first person other than JoeOfTheFire to win a road course race in which Joe was participating. Joe was previously 4 for 4 in road course races with 4 wins in 4 starts. With a second place finish at HSR, Joe's career average finish fell all the way to 1.2 on road courses. :lol:

Chevrolet has clinched a tie, at worst, in the manufacturer's championship. Toyota would need to win the next two races, with Chevrolet placing behind Ford in both races, to force a tie atop the standings.

RFLX_Niop is the first person other than JoeOfTheFire to win a road course race in which Joe was participating. Joe was previously 4 for 4 in road course races with 4 wins in 4 starts. With a second place finish at HSR, Joe's career average finish fell all the way to 1.2 on road courses. :lol:

And I got a decent finish with NO penalties :D

MustangRyan

I finished as best rookie in the race ;)

It was Knelly and mine worst performance. With it being the first time both us finished outside of top ten. :(

As the fields get continually larger, top-10 streaks will start to fall one-by-one. You and Knelly had a pretty fast car yesterday, but with bad luck, so neither of you should feel too bad. 👍

I was thinking... if we discount the Suzuka penalty and count my 3rd (or 4th if I remember) then I have a decent Road Course rating...

I was thinking... if we discount the Suzuka penalty and count my 3rd (or 4th if I remember) then I have a decent Road Course rating...

Yeah, you've proven yourself very solid this season. I would love to see you, mustardaddict, and Akmuq form a road-course ringer team for next season. Of course, you would need the other two guys to show up to some oval races, too. :sly:

Just a thought for season 3 in regards to qualifying at ssrx. How about a 1 lap heat race to determine the starting grid and the winner gets the 1 bonus point.

Yeah, you've proven yourself very solid this season. I would love to see you, mustardaddict, and Akmuq form a road-course ringer team for next season. Of course, you would need the other two guys to show up to some oval races, too. :sly:

Season 3 I honestly have no idea of my plans.

homeslice47
Just a thought for season 3 in regards to qualifying at ssrx. How about a 1 lap heat race to determine the starting grid and the winner gets the 1 bonus point.

I'm ok with that.

Honestly, I think the qualifying for RX is purely for the pole point. The actual start position out front is pretty much a sitting duck come race time. We could consider doing the qualifying at Daytona just to shorten up the lap time, I think most of us are using similar setups between the two. Just a thought.

Yea, I think I like hot lap idea best also. I just don't want us to spend too much time for qualify there, long races there really wear ya out.

Yea qualifying would have to be extended. But do u only extend it to one out lap and only one good lap? Thus not giving one a chance at one more lap to better their time?

kenkwilinski
Yea qualifying would have to be extended. But do u only extend it to one out lap and only one good lap? Thus not giving one a chance at one more lap to better their time?

It's so arbitrary that a one-lap race is just as likely to determine the fastest car, without the downside of being extremely boring. I think a one lap qualifying race is an infinitely better idea for SSRX.

It also eliminates the possibility of someone getting caught at race start with their qualifying setup on their car.

I think the 1 lap race would be a great idea, cause their's not many mistakes you can make here unless your in a pack, and that would be a great time to test connections and such.

For SSRX I like the idea of one out lap and one hot lap. Fastest car would get it. It would only take about 12 minutes if I'm not mistaken.

Qualifying is so utterly unimportant at SSRX...it would be much better to just have a 1 lap qualy race. Much more fun and saves time

Track position is worthless there, unlike on the road courses. There is no need to battle for 15 minutes for each grid position. There is little skill involved at all in driving straight for 12km twice, and taking two huge banked corners using a max-speed setup while all alone on the track. Joe already posted the perfect max-speed setup for everyone to see and use, so it's not like qualifying is going to turn into a battle of secret setups to see whose setup is actually faster. Joe even told us that not all cars are equally capable of achieving this setup due to differences in minimum allowable spring rates. I don't see how everyone getting only one qualifying lap that takes 11+ minutes (the outlap is untimed) is going to show us anything other than who got the luckiest through one run in the corners.

A one-lap qualifying race will be used to determine the grid order for all SSRX races. The winner of the one-lap race will get the bonus point for pole.

Try making Joes comments work and good luck with that.

If you make one oval a heat race for pole then it should be expected to make all oval poles the same.

Try making Joes comments work and good luck with that.

If you make one oval a heat race for pole then it should be expected to make all oval poles the same.

I disagree. At Indy and Daytona, you have the ability to make over 15 laps in a 15 minute qualifying session. The fastest car has, at worst, a 75% chance of earning the pole. At SSRX, you can make only one timed lap in the entire 15 minute session. You wouldn't have time to finish the second timed lap unless we extended qualifying out to about 20 minutes. That's still not a significantly large sample size to determine the fastest car. I would rather us all just run a one-lap heat race and give the point to the guy that gets the luckiest coming out of turn 4 in traffic, instead of the guy that does it by himself.

Joes setup is best for max speed. U only need to adjust a few things to make it turn. Which isn't a big secret. But I did tune a quali setup there for a few days. But eitherway, idc if its a heat race or a hot lap. The traditional hotlap would be boring. We could introduce heat races for pole at daytona. I think grid position only matters at road courses and indy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back