Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carbon, and the other reserve drivers, if you finish a race with this group and nobody is screaming at you afterwords, then you did fantastic! Nice job to all of the stand-ins tonight!

2nd and 3rd for Ford. The good news about HSR is that we can't 1 stop it next season due to the extra laps, but the bad news for me is that setups with a lot of oversteer are the quickest round there. This may be another of the things in GT5 where I'd need a wheel to go my quickest, as I find it hard to control oversteer well on a DS3 (throttle control/modulation).

When you see MStall anywhere can you ask him where the hell he's been the last two Friday's for IndyCar. I've PM'ed my 'team-mate' numerous times with no response.

EDIT: You need to get a wheel Joe mate, you'd be unstoppable on the road and even smoother on the ovals.

Very happy with my 7th today. 👍

Would have been better if I didn't fall out of the draft due to hitting m-stall when he was against the wall, and get engine damage, but still very happy :cheers:

Carbon, and the other reserve drivers, if you finish a race with this group and nobody is screaming at you afterwords, then you did fantastic! Nice job to all of the stand-ins tonight!

I don't need to worry about people screaming at me too much because I was pretty much never involved in close competition...

Carbonox
I don't need to worry about people screaming at me too much because I was pretty much never involved in close competition...

I overtook Niop to get the lap back, very happy I didn't hit him. :scared:

To win the chase I now need Niop to have some bad luck on the ovals.

I've learned a fair amount from races this season though. Being aggressive with both the setup and your driving seems to always pay off.

DrifterJoe
To win the chase I now need Niop to have some bad luck on the ovals.

I've learned a fair amount from races this season though. Being aggressive with both the setup and your driving seems to always pay off.

True, had a very high downforce setup today. Full downforce, and suspension -8, 0.

Carbonox
I had a very smooth "setup" to prevent the car from spinning in the banked turn with crap tires...

I just pit at that stage. :dopey:

Crazy... you just seem hell bent on spoiling for a fight most times. Honestly if your going to complain at everyone just because you screwed up and had a bad race then just get in the wall and out of people's way. If ya not fast enough tough. I'm not complaining when I get shunted and spun.

Put up or shut up, and enjoy seeing me disappear ahead of you (again)

Furi :)

Remarkable racing from what I saw. Unfortunate racing for Knelly and Ken but simply superb from Joe, Home and Niop. Fab run for the two new boys grabbing top tens. I will definitely not be racing at Daytona. Hard luck, Akmuq.

I held myself from taking out niop a few times n he knows it.

Haha, I do know it. But I appreciate you keeping it clean.

It was an exciting race seeing which strategy would work out. I ran a 20 lap stint in practice and my calculations showed that it would be about 15 seconds faster than a 2 stop strategy. When Joe pitted on lap 14 I was a bit worried I'd done my numbers wrong, as I know he does his homework. I knew both the Fords were going to be tough here and I was right. Great race though.

Crazy... you just seem hell bent on spoiling for a fight most times. Honestly if your going to complain at everyone just because you screwed up and had a bad race then just get in the wall and out of people's way. If ya not fast enough tough. I'm not complaining when I get shunted and spun.

Put up or shut up, and enjoy seeing me disappear ahead of you (again)

Furi :)

Aaaaand the gloves are off :lol:

I'm well up for standing in at Daytona next weekend 👍

I feel terrible about the incident with Crazy. I was trying to bump draft him and my wheel jerked and I tagged him. Thought it was lag at first but the FFB made me jerk ever so slightly. I know its no consolation but I didnt mean to ruin your race, and I sincerely apologize.

As for my race, I simply underprepared. Just havent had much time to race lately because of school and work

I feel terrible about the incident with Crazy. I was trying to bump draft him and my wheel jerked and I tagged him. Thought it was lag at first but the FFB made me jerk ever so slightly. I know its no consolation but I didnt mean to ruin your race, and I sincerely apologize.

As for my race, I simply underprepared. Just havent had much time to race lately because of school and work

Congrats to niop. He has himself a nice cushion in the points going into the final 2 races.

The fords had 2 different pit strategy's today but we still managed to come home 2nd and 3rd. (nice work joe)

Sorry again to knelly(i wrecked him at the end:dunce:). Gibbs will be taking that car straight to the scrap yard.

I just finished reviewing the replay, and while we did have about 5 different incidents, nothing looked remotely flagrant out there.

Crazy spun out early in the last turn. It looked like he just went in too hard and got a little bit loose, bringing the back end around.

Knelly's first spin on lap 3 appeared to actually be from putting the right rear tire up on the bricks against the turn 2 wall, causing him to spin right in front of Furi, but not because of Furi. It's really close, but there doesn't appear to be any contact before the spin begins. Furi probably should not have not crowded him as much, since they are team cars though.

The M-Stall/Crazy spin on lap 6 was just a slight bump, caused by 5 cars pushing in a line, and cars running slightly different lines through turn one. One car slid up, the other came down, and they met. The only thing at fault here is tight racing in close quarters. If you watch the entirety of lap 5, I thought this five-car pack did a great job of polite and clean give-and-take racing.

Knelly's spin on lap 16 going into turn 3 was the result of him cutting down to the bottom lane while I was there. I had been off the gas for half of the short straightaway, and even braking. I was up on the curbing trying not to hit him, but he came all the way over across my nose, and I had nowhere left to go.

Knelly's tangle with the wall on lap 38 was the end result of a slight door-to-door bump from homeslice, that pinned Knelly in against the wall between turn 1 and 2. It was very slight contact, but at the worst possible place. The wall juts out there, and it caught Knelly's car, bringing him almost to a complete stop in an instant, and throwing him across the track. There were a lot harder bumps during the day that didn't result in spins, this was just the worst possible place for it to happen.

All in all, other than those minor problems, I thought the race was very clean overall. Minor incidents are going to happen, especially when you run that many cars that close together for that long on a road course that produces high-speed drafting.

Also, Matty's points will be sent to Toyota's other team, Red Bull Racing, since there was no need for a 4th Gibbs car on track, as a replacement for Knelly was not needed. As no other team had more than 2 cars today, it would be unfair to give Gibbs a 4th driver.

Chqr will not be credited with a start, or a 13th place finish today.

I will be hosting a Nationwide test at 22:00GMT tonight.

But I would like to stress that if 16 player races are possible you should really just run the Sprint Cup. Furi's WSM is going to be running at the same time and will pull a lot of guys away from joining the second tier of NASCAR.

TomMcD

But I would like to stress that if 16 player races are possible you should really just run the Sprint Cup. Furi's WSM is going to be running at the same time and will pull a lot of guys away from joining the second tier of NASCAR.

I'd like to race tonight. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it.

Really wanted to join in tonight since even before Knelly asked me to I was targeting this race but my GT5 wouldn't work today.:(

Here's the crack.

blackberry015.jpg

Man thats sucks!

TomMcD

Sorry for being clueless but what sort of testing is it? Cars etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back