Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... how long would that final race take? 3 hours I guess?

Might just be able to negotiate parents into not worrying about how long I remain awake that night 💡

OFFICIAL Daytona Results:

1. #43 homeslice47 (26 laps led) - 20 points, +2 bonus points
2. #99 JoeOfTheFire (1 lap led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
3. #18 Knelly (20 lap led) - 16 points, +1 bonus point
4. #83 dowhat13 (8 laps led) - 14 points, +1 bonus point
5. #14 Mudd - 12 points
6. #24 RFLX_Niop (Pole Position, 1 lap led) - 11 points, +2 bonus points
7. #88 Droptop2001gt (12 laps led) - 10 points, +1 bonus point
8. #42 Carbonox (4 laps led) - 9 points, +1 bonus point
9. #83 CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 - 8 points
10. #20 M-Stall41 (2 laps led) - 7 points, +1 bonus point
11. #11 Furinkazen (1 lap led) - 6 points, +1 bonus point

Driver's Championship:

XaFZY.jpg

Owner's Championship:

ivnHr.jpg

Manufacturer's Championship:

VZu7t.jpg

Last edited:
I'll have the tables updated and posted tomorrow morning when I get home from work. There are point battles in all three titles that will come down to a single heads-up result this Saturday at Indy.

Best battles:

1. Overall Driver's Championship - 3 drivers within 3 points.
-Tiebreaker belongs to RFLX (3 wins) over Joe (2 wins) over Homeslice (1 win).

2. 4th place in points - 2 drivers 4 points apart.
-Tiebreaker to Droptop2001gt (1 2nd) over Knelly (0 2nds)

3. 6th place in points - 4 drivers 3 points apart.
-Tiebreaker in this order: M-Stall41 (2 wins), Crazy_Bassist_83 (2 3rds), dowhat13 (1 4th), Mudd

4. Overall Owner's Championship - 2 points between 1st and 2nd.
-Tiebreaker to Hendrick (5 wins) over Ford Racing (3 wins)

5. 2nd place in Manufacturer's Championship - Tie between Toyota and Ford
-Whichever brand finishes higher at Indy takes 2nd overall.

If Joe wins at Indy, who has the tiebreaker between them?

Joe currently has 2 runner-up finishes, and RFLX has one. But, if they are to tie, it's likely because Joe won the race and RFLX finished second, with some weird combination of bonus points that gives Joe 3 more points than RFLX (either 22-19 or 21-18). Assuming Joe wins and RFLX finishes 2nd, the next tie-breaker is third place finishes, where Joe would have the advantage.

But, RFLX is the heavy favorite to win the pole. Should he win the pole and lead a single lap, a second place finish would lock up the championship, even if Joe won the race and led the other 199 laps. RFLX would win by a single point. This also works if he finishes second and leads the most laps, even without winning the pole. Basically, anything that gets him to 20 points for the race clinches the championship, because it guarantees that no one can get more than 22 points for winning.

It should be a very tense qualifying between RFLX, Joe, and Homeslice, as that one pole point could very well decide the championship. :scared:

But what if someone else grabbed the pole ... Can't think who :sly:

That could really make in race strategies even more important.

Last edited:
Carbonox
BTW, I was driving the #83 at that race.

The Stewart-Ganassi team didn't have a second team car, so your points went to the 42 car instead.

I came very, very close to pole last week and I look to grab it this weekend and screw up things for the top 3 :) I just hope they don't do better than a 51.5xx

Regarding the message you sent me Ryan, I am interested in joining season 3 :) there's a possibility that I could be available to try out on Saturday, I should let you know nearer the time :)

May I please race the championship race? I am think I am ready to it it have been like 4 weeks, and I will take my time.

May I please race the championship race? I am think I am ready to it it have been like 4 weeks, and I will take my time.

Dude I think the answer is NO for like the ten thousandth time. Read the last couple of pages where droptop/mustangryan tells you NO in about ten diiferent ways. You will need to prove yourself in the off season or possible nationwide league.

Disclaimer: Sorry but he made me. He has a hit on just about every page in this thread begging for his return.

Dude I think the answer is NO for like the ten thousandth time. Read the last couple of pages where droptop/mustangryan tells you NO in about ten diiferent ways. You will need to prove yourself in the off season or possible nationwide league.

Disclaimer: Sorry but he made me. He has a hit on just about every page in this thread begging for his return.

Okay kenkwilinski, but may I come to the race to watch?

In response to the PM, I'd very much like to run in the Sprint Cup next season. If a Nationwide is necessary (I'm doubtful of it) and I'm in the Cup, someone else can take it over as the schedule and all the details are in the interest thread 👍 Obviously if I don't get picked by a team I'll happily run the NNS.

How about putting the pool of drivers for S3 on the OP Drop?

Can't choose the car yet mate, there will be a draft by the five team owners, first running down the list in finishing order, then all the others to look and fill the gaps.

Well can I race that this Saturday?

You should be able to, ask Drop which team you could drive for. I really want to join you guys on Saturday but I'm currently revising constantly for some GCSE exams next week so a 3 hour race isn't really possible for me. Hopefully I can still get a seat for S3 based on a couple of pretty average results at Daytona this year :nervous:

3 hours? Nevermind then! :nervous:

Yeah it's the Brickyard 500, generally there's only a couple of races a season of this length. Obviously the other one is the Daytona 500 and next season I think there's a 600 under lights at SSRX.

Kinda makes me want to do a full length Indy 500 to kick off the IndyCar season 2....

Just a quick glance through, it looks like a Top 3 at Indy for me would secure 5th spot, with having to beat Drop by three places to essentially finish 4th. Too difficult to be precise on the 4th spot due to Bonus points.

Drop needs to win to secure 4th. If he came second and I won, with pole bonus point, I would claim fourth on Most Wins.

That's just my part of the finale on Saturday, almost everyone is either looking ahead, or over their shoulder, or both. That drivers list on the right hand side is going to be very important this week 👍

Team Red Bull for Saturday:

Me
Mustardaddict (scoring dowhat13 2/3pts)
Carbonox (3rd car)

Just wanted to put that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back