Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies to Carb and RFLX for tonight. It has been a blast though, and I will see you around. Good luck at Indy everyone! :gtpflag:

In only my 3rd 2nd race of the season, I managed to lead a few laps... ;)

Last edited:
That's hilarious, Joe. Great race tonight! I'm gonna go ahead and apologize to M-Stall for my short bit of cursing on the mic there near the end of the race. Not sure if you heard me or not, but emotions got the best of me for just a second. It was a long race and all our tires were worn, I certainly can't blame anyone for that late wreck, no hard feelings on my end. That said, I'm very pleased with my second top 5, and to score it consecutive. Considering I spent most of the season outside of the top ten in points, that makes this final race look very interesting for me. Looking forward to next week, for sure. Now, let's watch some IRL NASCAR! :D

1. Greg Biffle
2. Matt Kenseth
3. Kyle Busch
4. Brad Keselowski
5. Denny Hamlin
6. A.J Allmendinger
7. Tony Stewart
8. Ryan Newman
9. Kasey Kahne
10. Jeff Gordon

DrifterJoe

Haha, I definitely got some bad luck. But it could've been worse. Hopefully my luck gets better for the finale. I'm going to need acdc to show up though.

Sorry for not making it tonight. I accidentally fell asleep an hour and a half before the race and didn't wake up in time. Was probably for the best as my driving wouldn't of been great cause of fatigue.

Anyway, would be great to get a seat for next week. I believe Furi won't be there and I think he already offered me his seat for the race (or I asked).

So I'm hopeful of being there next week and very sorry about today.

And Niop turns Knelly round trying to run down Mudd.

Anyone else been watching this with us in the cars, rather than the real names, or am I just that sad :dopey:

PS Hope you're ok Niop!

Knelly
And Niop turns Knelly round trying to run down Mudd.

Anyone else been watching this with us in the cars, rather than the real names, or am I just that sad :dopey:

I can find a link with English commentary.. It's all either in German or Spanish/Portuguese..

Lol. I was thinking the same thing while the second pack with Knelly leading them was running down Niop's lead pack. Too funny.

...and you all know my #14 is an ace when there's no points involved. :P

Lol. I was thinking the same thing while the second pack with Knelly leading them was running down Niop's lead pack. Too funny.

...and you all know my #14 is an ace when there's no points involved. :P

:lol::bowdown:

AC tries to take me out, Niop has a pop as well, but the #18 prevails again. Just wish I had two victories tonight :gtpflag:

#18 won it :grumpy:

My only running fantasy pick, Keselowski, finished 4th. Not too bad.

Nice cat and mouse game between me and knelly on the the backstretch on the last lap.

I counted the laps led and it looks like I led 25 to 21 over knelly.

Unofficially

1)Rflx 374 pnts
2)Joe 371
Home 371

Gonna be fun next week!

We drive alot cleaner then the real guys!

Nice cat and mouse game between me and knelly on the the backstretch on the last lap.

I counted the laps led and it looks like I led 25 to 21 over knelly.

Unofficially

1)Rflx 374 pnts
2)Joe 371
Home 371

Gonna be fun next week!

If I knew you were on the Red at that point Home, I would have played it out different, well done for keeping quiet.

Damm on the laps, knew it was close but thought you had it.

Cleaner, yes, just stay off my left quarterpanel.

I gotta sleep now.

I was thinking the same thing while watching the race tonight. Just think, those were supposed to be 25 of the best drivers in the series, and they tore up almost every single car on the track. Wait until they let 18 more drivers go out there with them. :scared:

First great shoot out IRL, funny too I was thinking damn knelly pulled off the pass at the end lol and it looks like IRL they are driving it like we do in GT5 lol. But back to business I reveiwed the race and we all did stellar performances. Everyone had great lap times and clean packs. We all had just about a perfect race.

Hendricks ran a two stop that didn't work to their benefit as they had a mistake at the pits and not so great tires at the end. I also made a pit error, taking on too much gas, where prior tests had shown differently. But I had a stellar rebound & a blazing fast 2nd stint which exceeding my expectations and I couldn't be happier with those results. I was able to cover a 17.8sec deficit along with mstall, knelly, and mudd over 19 laps. We ran low 47s and 7 laps of 46s. I was very pleased with my tire wear. I had even pulled off a couple 46s on laps 34 n 35, where as before I was holding 48s. So in all my strategy and setup was great and better than usual. Had fun n good racing.

Lap 74 accident was a not a tire issue. We both had plenty of tire to finish the race. My cars handling was less than stellar at that moment n got a little loose. I went to come back down to my line n that's when mstall was on a run up the inside. It was purely an accident. I came down on him. No fault accident. That incident did however eat up whatever little bit of tires we had left. And I had contemplated doing two stops for this race. But vigorous testing proved that pulling 47s till lap 38 was no problem. Therefore a second stop would only waste time as there is nothing more to gain from it.

Good race! Nice finish for dowhat n mudd! Props to carbon as well! I feel like I've been putting together a very good team. I've been working on strategies n testing with mudd n dowhat. And sharing setups with carbon. My performance may not be showing as my efforts have been geared towards managing a team. And its been showing as mudds n dowhats finishes have been stronger the last few weeks. And carbon has been doing exceptional with my tunes as he has finished his two races very well and this one on lead lap with a fighting chance for a win. Sorry to any drivers I compromised in mine n mstalls late race incident. I'm just happy niop didn't win. And I came close to pole for once. Congratulations on a well deserved victory homeslice!!

Thanks for the props, Ken. And thanks for the race advice as well, it has helped. I think "glad Niop didn't win" is the wrong choice of words. 'relieved someone else won' is more the shared feeling, I think. I don't want Niop thinking he's not a respected racer in here, it's just more fun for everyone if nobody just plain runs away with the championship. I gotta say it, everyone is kinda expecting Niop and Joe to battle it out next week, being an underdog myself, I'm really pulling for Homeslice to steal the trophy. No offense guys, but I really like HS's calm and quiet style. Good luck to all three of you next week, I wont know how it turns out 'till the replay because I'm gonna be concentrating on that #5 spot in the standings. ~gives the M&M car a glare~

Jakob will not be allowed on track for the final five races this season. At the beginning of season three, he can be reevaluated by the five new team owners, and they can decide whether or not he has shown enough improvement to warrant a seat in a full time ride.

CAR REGISTRATION

Reserve Drivers

JakobNascar88 - parked for remainder of Season 2

Read all of that again, and see if it any of it is unclear.

Can I do the last race of the season? (Brickyard 500) So I help my teammate Mudd?

If he in 2nd place in the season I want to help Mudd in the Brickyard 500 if I can.

I want to join you guys on the last race of the season can I?

Hey Drop, can I race the Brickyard 500?

Stop asking in this thread.

Stop posting on my GTPlanet visitor wall.

Stop sending me private messages here and on PSN.

The answer is, and has always been, No. No. No. No.

You are not allowed on track for the rest of season two. End of story.

Nothing has changed. Nothing is going to change. Nothing is going to change just because you continue to ask me through every available medium, short of skywriting it over my house, so please stop it.

You are exhibiting the same kind of impatience and unwillingness to listen that got you parked in the first place. You're making me strongly reconsider my position that you might be allowed to take to the track in season three.

Are we clear here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back