Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
A decent connection for 4 pre-chase races may have made things different for me. Tonight a 1 crash strategy beat a 2 crash strategy. The difference at the start of the final stint was the length of 1 crash, so 1 less from me, home, and knelly may have made things different. A good race though. 2nd in the championship, let dow by my connection early in the season. Next season will finally be different.

Hey props to RFLX n ACDC, u sat behind u guys a few times while u two in tandem were. 1 sec faster than the avg tandem group. Sorry for racing u hard, just wanted to make sure u earned it. I hate to admit I hate when ACDC shows up, he's like a turbocharger for NIOP which is not good for the rest of us LOL!

Anybody got the result off the top of their head? Interested to see what happened.

Hey props to RFLX n ACDC, u sat behind u guys a few times while u two in tandem were. 1 sec faster than the avg tandem group. Sorry for racing u hard, just wanted to make sure u earned it. I hate to admit I hate when ACDC shows up, he's like a turbocharger for NIOP which is not good for the rest of us LOL!

Sorry about not knowing what I was doing out there. :ill: I guess it was all about the draft...

I guess I should have pitted with you after the first run. But then we didn't have our fuel intake in tandem so that would have been tough. The car setup was obviously a winning setup I must say. I was 2 laps longer than everyone. Just didn't have any prep beforehand. Oh well. Atleast I logged another 500 miles onto the GT5 odometer. Maybe I'll get to the world record for video game distance if I keep this game going. :sly:

I really should have stayed up with the group at the start. Getting gapped off by the pack wasn't so smart either. :ouch:

Now I'm tired out from racing.... I cant afford to be spending that long infront of the game. Gonna have to just stick to the FGTC & F1 from now on.

Sorry about not knowing what I was doing out there. :ill: I guess it was all about the draft...

I guess I should have pitted with you after the first run. But then we didn't have our fuel intake in tandem so that would have been tough. The car setup was obviously a winning setup I must say. I was 2 laps longer than everyone. Just didn't have any prep beforehand. Oh well. Atleast I logged another 500 miles onto the GT5 odometer. Maybe I'll get to the world record for video game distance if I keep this game going.

I really should have stayed up with the group at the start. Getting gapped off by the pack wasn't so smart either. :ouch:

Now I'm tired out from racing.... I cant afford to be spending that long infront of the game. Gonna have to just stick to the FGTC & F1 from now on.

No worries, I ran my strategy no matter what and by driving solo for almost 200 laps I lost 200sec at one point. In the end I was only about 65sec down which is what I predicted to happen if I lost the draft. The only thing I couldn't predict is thst ACDC n NIOP could push 1 sec faster than a avg tandem group, they push as fast just them two as three cars. They deserve the win. And once again I'm sorry for coming down hard on the left. It was around lap 150 I think and I couldn't afford another lap down. And according to rules we have already discussed about this particular event I drive within those guidelines. I raced the leaders n lapped cars. And even took my far share of one lane change per lap that's set in order to allow for one defend or block. I can't control whether or not the faster car wants to idle or use its brakes. Not my problem according to the rules. Doesn't everyone just love rules? But anyways, thank you mustard for sparing your time n gaining dowhat some points. Now it will be interesting to see how ownership plays out for temas next season. And mustard, please show your interest in next season by posting up on the thread so owners know whether or not u r available. And thank again!

And mustard, please show your interest in next season by posting up on the thread so owners know whether or not u r available. And thank again!

I think road courses for me only next season.... If I race reserve again. That 200 lapper was too much. I think 200 miles is my limit. :)

Long and exciting race tonight. I'm happy to come away with the win, and the championship, and I have to thank ACDC and Drop for that. They've been great teammates all year long.

Homeslice and Joe, thanks for the great competition down the stretch, you guys really had me on my heals for the final race. Once Joe got the pole from me by 4 hundredths, I knew I would have to win the race to get this championship.
Tonight a 1 crash strategy beat a 2 crash strategy. The difference at the start of the final stint was the length of 1 crash, so 1 less from me, home, and knelly may have made things different.
To be fair, we had a gap when the score was 0 crashes to 0 crashes.

Okay, first order of business: As the number one choice for season 3, I will take over the ownership for Stewart-Ganassi and drive the #14 car.

Long and exciting race tonight. I'm happy to come away with the win, and the championship, and I have to thank ACDC and Drop for that. They've been great teammates all year long.

Homeslice and Joe, thanks for the great competition down the stretch, you guys really had me on my heals for the final race. Once Joe got the pole from me by 4 hundredths, I knew I would have to win the race to get this championship.

To be fair, we had a gap when the score was 0 crashes to 0 crashes.

Okay, first order of business: As the number one choice for season 3, I will take over the ownership for Stewart-Ganassi and drive the #14 car.

True, but each crash cost both sets of cars around 10-15 seconds and the gap before we started fighting for 3rd place at the end was about 11-12 seconds.

Anyways, with that I'll take over Ford and grab my original car for this series before Funkyducks replaced me in it early this season, the 2010 #43.

How's next? Homeslice? Dropt? Knelly?

I'm just saying, we know the finishing order. Its pretty much safe to say everyone led a lap n RFLX led the most. And joe had pole. We know the points prior. So how does this selection/draft work?

Homeslice is next to jump in with one of the others or choose his own team. Then Drop then me, etc.

Realized it was much better not to conserve the tires the whole time, but was 2 laps down by that point :lol: Had to go anyway.

Hope I proved my skills to someone :P

Homeslice is unable to run in season 3, so the draft moves down to the 4th place finisher, Drop. The plan was for Homeslice to carry on in Ford for season 3. Now I have to see who wants in Ford, because Homeslice was the team owner before and handled these things, so I only knew of 1 other person considering joining Ford.

I'm only looking for drivers who will be full time.

EDIT: A reserve driver would be nice too, though they may see little to no action if I get some good full time drivers who attend pretty much every race.

Edit 2: I've worked out full time drivers, but am still open to a reserve.

Last edited:
OFFICIAL Indy results:

1. #24 RFLX_Niop (93 laps led) - 20 points, +2 bonus points
2. #48 ACDCROCKS123 (87 laps led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
3. #99 JoeOfTheFire (Pole Position) - 16 points, +1 bonus point
4. #43 homeslice47 (1 lap led) - 14 points, +1 bonus point
5. #18 Knelly - 12 points
6. #88 Droptop2001gt (3 laps led) - 11 points, +1 bonus point
7. #83 mustardaddict (14 laps led) - 10 points, +1 bonus point (7 points for dowhat13)
8. #83 CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 (2 laps led) - 9 points, +1 bonus point
9. #14 Mudd - 8 points
10. #43 Cowboys965 - 7 points
11. #11 MattyMc1996 - 6 points (4 points for Furinkazen)
12. #20 M-Stall41 - 5 points
13. #42 smuffyatfcp - 4 points

Pole time: 51.419 seconds - JoeOfTheFire
Fastest lap of the race: 49.154 seconds - Knelly - lap 181

Driver's Championship:

i1HaM.jpg

Owner's Championship:

maaCz.jpg

Manufacturer's Championship:

iWufq.jpg

Last edited:
DRAFT RESULTS:

With the first pick, Season 2 Sprint Cup points champion RFLX_Niop chooses to own the Stewart-Ganassi team, driving the #14 car. RFLX will need a driver for the #42 car.

With the second pick, points runner-up JoeOfTheFire elects to take ownership of the Ford Racing team, driving the 2010 #43. Joe still needs a driver for the 2011 #43 and the #99 car.

With the third pick, Homeslice47 will pass.

With the fourth pick, Droptop2001gt will pass.

Knelly, with the fifth pick, is on the clock.

I'm pretty disgusted with my chase performance. Everything that could go wrong did. My draft stock probably took a hit to say the least...
Tonights race was no different, I was a victim of a lag accident and a weird disconnect. Gonna have to pack up and regroup for S3

Oh man, I was kind of hoping my decisions would be easier than this.

Since Indy (for which my right shoulder still hurts) I have been in conversation with different people.

This is a decision I have to sleep on so there will be no further decisons tonight. There are some compelling arguments though that I have to consider.

To be continued.

Oh man, I was kind of hoping my decisions would be easier than this.

Since Indy (for which my right shoulder still hurts) I have been in conversation with different people.

This is a decision I have to sleep on so there will be no further decisons tonight. There are some compelling arguments though that I have to consider.

To be continued.

OK, so I won't need to stay up all night to update the thread? 👍

My Internet completely cut off tonight which was why I didn't finish. 👎

Will be wanting a ride for S3 if somebody wants to try taking me on 👍

All drivers that are interested in racing for season three need to post up here, so I can add their name to this post in the new season three thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6709003#post6709003

Please state if you are going to be full-time, or part-time. Also, please make sure you know that you will need to have the Route X track DLC to race in three of the races next season.

First hats off to droptop for running a great league. I looked back at season 1 and there were races were he had only 1 or 2 guys show up. Yet he still had the patience to stick with it and now has guys lining up to get in. Again hats off to drop, nice work.

Kudos to my teammate joe. I never really had a chance to work with him early in the season, but in the second half of the season we worked really well together. We actually finished 4 of chase races exactly 1 position apart.

Congrats to Niop on winning the championship. I love racing him because it will only make you better. He sets the bar high.

Not really a fan of the indy right now because you have no shot at a decent finish if you don’t have a pusher. Not fair to a guy like mudd who has never really had a teammate all season. I think a rule change for indy might be a good idea. (or your just disallow bump drafting at indy all together). I will not run indy again like this.

I saw the acdc spin, he had one hell of a save!

As for me I will not be running full time next season. I need to spend more time with my family(the 5pm time kills me). I will decline any team ownership and being part of a team. I hope to run maybe a 1/3 of the races.

I guess I need to hold my wheel different because I still cant feel my thumb 3 hours after the race.

Yeah but was talking about for next season, so as obvious category nominations come in race after race, we can keep them all in one place.

This seasons will continue on this thread, it's just quite messy putting it all together.

Up to you 👍

First hats off to droptop for running a great league. I looked back at season 1 and there were races were he had only 1 or 2 guys show up. Yet he still had the patience to stick with it and now has guys lining up to get in. Again hats off to drop, nice work.

Kudos to my teammate joe. I never really had a chance to work with him early in the season, but in the second half of the season we worked really well together. We actually finished 4 of chase races exactly 1 position apart.

Congrats to Niop on winning the championship. I love racing him because it will only make you better. He sets the bar high.

Not really a fan of the indy right now because you have no shot at a decent finish if you don’t have a pusher. Not fair to a guy like mudd who has never really had a teammate all season. I think a rule change for indy might be a good idea. (or your just disallow bump drafting at indy all together). I will not run indy again like this.

I saw the acdc spin, he had one hell of a save!

As for me I will not be running full time next season. I need to spend more time with my family(the 5pm time kills me). I will decline any team ownership and being part of a team. I hope to run maybe a 1/3 of the races.

I guess I need to hold my wheel different because I still cant feel my thumb 3 hours after the race.

I really hate to hear that, as you are one of the smoothest, most consistent drivers we have in our series. I think you were a heavy favorite to be a top 3 driver again next season, with a definite chance to win the championship. However, I understand that family has to come first. I'm hoping that things change for you somehow, and your Saturdays open up again so maybe you can get back with us in time for the Chase. Remember, we will have 8 Chase spots, plus two wild card spots for drivers outside of the top 8 with the most wins (or most points, if there aren't two drivers with wins). Don't give up completely on next season just yet. 👍

Yeah but was talking about for next season, so as obvious category nominations come in race after race, we can keep them all in one place.

This seasons will continue on this thread, it's just quite messy putting it all together.

Up to you 👍

Yeah, I can add that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back