4. MStall
5. Knelly

MStall
1. MStall41
2. RFLX_Niop
3. JoeOfTheFire
4. Homeslice47
5. Knelly

These two picks to me were the best. Joe had two of the top 5 dead on, and the top 2 switched (favoring himself, as any competitor should), which is incredibly close. M-Stall also had drivers 1-3 in the correct order, just one spot too low in 2-4, and nailed #5. Those lists are incredibly close to what actually happened. Great job, guys.

Also, if you switch my top 2, and move 4 and 5 up to 3 and 4, my picks were very close as well.

Drop
1. JoeOfTheFire
2. RFLX_Niop
3. M-Stall41
4. Homeslice47
5. Droptop2001gt

At the moment it seems me and Chqr will be sharing the hosting of the Nationwide Series as I'll have to miss a lot of races for the Sprint Cup. It's not final but this will be how it pans out most likely.

Also, when the team owners are decided I'll PM them all and take a vote on the 'Own a Cup and Nationwide team' idea 👍

At the moment it seems me and Chqr will be sharing the hosting of the Nationwide Series as I'll have to miss a lot of races for the Sprint Cup. It's not final but this will be how it pans out most likely.

Also, when the team owners are decided I'll PM them all and take a vote on the 'Own a Cup and Nationwide team' idea 👍

Excellent. Obviously, team owners will not have to be obliged to run in the Nationwide but it might work.

Also, I was thinking Tom of introducing the Pre-2011 Nascar points sytem. As Drop has stated that Nationwide drivers can fill in for Sprint Cup guys if they are unavailable and earn points. Surely, it should be the same the other way around. This may encourage more Sprint Cup guys to take up Nationwide seats if we do indeed suffer a lack of interest.

I remain silent on my plans. When the "draft" comes around to me I will be able to say that I have to got a seat I hope...

Excellent. Obviously, team owners will not have to be obliged to run in the Nationwide but it might work.

Also, I was thinking Tom of introducing the Pre-2011 Nascar points sytem. As Drop has stated that Nationwide drivers can fill in for Sprint Cup guys if they are unavailable and earn points. Surely, it should be the same the other way around. This may encourage more Sprint Cup guys to take up Nationwide seats if we do indeed suffer a lack of interest.

The plan is that you have to choose which series you want to drive in for solo points, in other words the drivers championship. But even if you choose to go for the Sprint Cup you can still drive in Nationwide races whenever your team needs another driver to fill a seat and score TEAM points. Is this what you mean?

The plan is that you have to choose which series you want to drive in for solo points, in other words the drivers championship. But even if you choose to go for the Sprint Cup you can still drive in Nationwide races whenever your team needs another driver to fill a seat and score TEAM points. Is this what you mean?

Exactly.

Chqr

Yep, that sounds great. You could just use the logo from Furi's original series (think you made that anyway :lol: ) and knock together a couple of simple points tables, that's all you'll have to do 👍

Furinkazen
Working on a little treat for you guys actually table-wise...

Can't wait to see it :D

If Nationwide runs 7.00-7.15 quali, then the race, it should be fairly easy for Sprint Cup guys to make it if needed by their team.

Yep, that sounds great. You could just use the logo from Furi's original series (think you made that anyway :lol: ) and knock together a couple of simple points tables, that's all you'll have to do 👍

I'll work on it tonight during the 500. Thanks ahead Furi and Tom.

What was pole time last night? I took a quick picture but it was distorted and from what I can make out of it. It looks like the times n grid was screwed up anyways. Like it showed niop on bottom and I wasn't even on there. I think it was 51.6xx by joe, then niop, them homeslice n myself at 51.9xx. I think ACDC was also in there somewhere.

I did a 51.419 for pole, and Niop said he was about 0.04 off of it. Knelly was 3rd I think, though I don't remember his time.

Cowboys965
What of I don't get drafted? :scared:

Who wants to take a chance on the newcomer?

I don't think you've got anything to worry about. It looks like as many as six or seven new seats could open up full time for season three. You'll definitely get one of the seats.

The NASCAR officials must be waiting for Knelly to make his pick too...

Ya come on knelly! We only have two weeks left to figure this out n sort the leagues n crap like that. Your holding up prdouction. If this were the NFL you would've lost your choice. Sorry but I'm anxious to find out what's going down. Especially since we r in a rain delay.

Sorry guys, right, been out watching Liverpool FC win the first of the seasons silverware (big deal for Liverpool fans, for those that aren't aware, overseas).

Give me a few minutes and I'll post.

Is there going to be a LeBron style countdown show, where you announce your decision at the end?

Knelly
Sorry guys, right, been out watching Liverpool FC win the first of the seasons silverware (big deal for Liverpool fans, for those that aren't aware, overseas).

Give me a few minutes and I'll post.

No mate, take your time. You've only been 'on the clock' 18 and a half hours...

;)

OK guys, very sorry for the drama and the time it's taken, but it honestly has been an incredibly hard decision to come to. There has been a lot of to-ing and fro-ing as to which direction to take for S3.

My original and obvious choice was to stay with the #18, as everyone will probably expect. I was also very confident as Team Owner to getting a team together that would look to sweep all the trophyware for S3, knowing that it would be at least myself and Drop at the helm of the team, along with at least Mstall. That there is an awesome team that would work very well together.

However, I then started having talks with Homeslice and Joe and thought the skill and consistency of this team would then be a team that all would look to beat. This was all sorted many weeks in advance of last night, where we learned that Homeslice unfortunately would not be able to compete in S3.

Myself and Joe quickly then started talking about who to replace Homeslice with and we were all set to go down the all English route, and see how an Overseas NASCAR Team could compete, bringing in one of the English Rookies who we had confidence in. I really liked the idea of this. I work very well with Joe and we race in other series together, some as team mates as well as general lobby time action. Having a team that I could work with in my hours was also a very important factor for the three of us to find a gel and work well together.

There was a fair bit of back and forth, and when waking this morning I had made my decision. Therefore, after sending appropriate PM's of apologies and the reason for my decision, I would like to announce that I am now a very proud member of .................................... :sly:

I'll shorten this later :sly:

Steward-Ganassi Racing, running alongside Team Owner RFLX_Niop.

Niop recognised that there was unrest in the #18 seat with his decision and offered an invitation to talk. And we did. Niop put forward a very compelling argument as to why I should look to join Team SGR in the #42 Car for S3, and I am positive that we can use each others skills to progress in competing for all kinds of silverware in S3.

It really was a battle of emotions, pride and business sense between all three teams, and calibre of drivers, but I don't feel that I can flippantly give up an opportunity to run with the Two Time GTP Sprint Series Champ. What better credentials are there out there, that you want as a partner. The stats say it all right now really. I missed this opprtunity last Season, and didn't want to again.

Therefore, I am honestly gutted and very very sorry to the other teams, but I am sure they will forget about me quickly and move on with their own teams, that will all be looking for the same end results as myself. Good luck to you all and may our bumpers meet on the road, just not on the left side :nervous:

Stewart-Ganassi Racing is now feeling very confident of a very strong S3, and although are only a two car team, feel that they will compete hard, and certainly mixing up the Team and Manfacturers titles.

I can't wait to get started, getting involved in testing, team talks and strategies with Niop, and if we go down the route of managing a Nationwide team, doing what we can to bring them up to The Sprints.

No one expected this to be short, did they:dunce:

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

Last edited:
OK guys, very sorry for the drama and the time it's taken, but it honestly has been an incredibly hard decision to come to. There has been a lot of to-ing and fro-ing as to which direction to take for S3.

My original and obvious choice was to stay with the #18, as everyone will probably expect. I was also very confident as Team Owner to getting a team together that would look to sweep all the trophyware for S3, knowing that it would be at least myself and Drop at the helm of the team, along with at least Mstall. That there is an awesome team that would work very well together.

However, I then started having talks with Homeslice and Joe and thought the skill and consistency of this team would then be a team that all would look to beat. This was all sorted many weeks in advance of last night, where we learned that Homeslice unfortunately would not be able to compete in S3.

Myself and Joe quickly then started talking about who to replace Homeslice with and we were all set to go down the all English route, and see how an Overseas NASCAR Team could compete, bringing in one of the English Rookies who we had confidence in. I really liked the idea of this. I work very well with Joe and we race in other series together, some as team mates as well as general lobby time action. Having a team that I could work with in my hours was also a very important factor for the three of us to find a gel and work well together.

There was a fair bit of back and forth, and when waking this morning I had made my decision. Therefore, after sending appropriate PM's of apologies and the reason for my decision, I would like to announce that I am now a very proud member of .................................... :sly:

I'll shorten this later :sly:

Steward-Ganassi Racing, running alongside Team Owner RFLX_Niop.

Niop recognised that there was unrest in the #18 seat with his decision and offered an invitation to talk. And we did. Niop put forward a very compelling argument as to why I should look to join Team SGR in the #42 Car for S3, and I am positive that we can use each others skills to progress in competing for all kinds of silverware in S3.

It really was a battle of emotions, pride and business sense between all three teams, and calibre of drivers, but I don't feel that I can flippantly give up an opportunity to run with the Two Time GTP Sprint Series Champ. What better credentials are there out there, that you want as a partner. The stats say it all right now really. I missed this opprtunity last Season, and didn't want to again.

Therefore, I am honestly gutted and very very sorry to the other teams, but I am sure they will forget about me quickly and move on with their own teams, that will all be looking for the same end results as myself. Good luck to you all and may our bumpers meet on the road, just not on the left side :nervous:

Stewart-Ganassi Racing is now feeling very confident of a very strong S3, and although are only a two car team, feel that they will compete hard, and certainly mixing up the Team and Manfacturers titles.

I can't get to start getting involved in testing, team talks and strategies with Niop, and if we go down the route of managing a Nationwide team, doing what we can to bring them up to The Sprints.

No one expected this to be short, did they:dunce:

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

Aww look Kyle Busch lost his sponsor and had to go to another team :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back