Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having a draft partner made that race pretty frustrating. I had a deal worked out, but the start of the race was a real fight for position and I was unable to find my partners draft right away. Being a single car fighting with a bunch of tandems used my tires up pretty quick and put me a little behind. Quickly after the first pit I found the first wreck happening directly in front of me. After a brief 'mic-muted' moment and a beer, I calmed down and evaluated the situation. Turns out I was a couple laps down and on my own pit schedule by myself. There were a couple drivers willing to work with me, but I would have had to waste a set of tires by pitting early to sinc-up with them, and it turns out Cowboys was on the same lap I was on, meaning I was trapped in my pit schedule defending a track position. So a 3 hour race by myself, with a few ten minute drafting runs with a couple of guys spread out through the race. Extra frustrating knowing I had a very fast car, qualifying towards the front and every time someone else got hung out alone I managed to catch them. Well, toughed it out and finished and even though only nine cars finished, that's technically another top ten for me.

I'm gonna have to run in season 3 full time 'cause I feel like I've still got something to prove.

Congrats on the championship Niop.

I wanna add that I had some very good drafting and racing with/against both Mustard and Cowboys, nice job guys.

Mudd, you won an exhibition race, and finished 6th in points, behind drivers that had all participated in season 1. You were the highest finishing new driver for season 2, which I think speaks very well for itself, especially considering the team situation you were stuck with for most of the season. Next season, things should be looking much better for you. I'm certain that you will have a much better team structure around you, which should be a drastic improvement from where you started this season.

Mudd, with all the bad luck you've had and the lack of consistent teammates, you've impressed a lot of people in this series with your results. And you have earned a lot of respect doing it.

By the way, if you guys have friends that might want to race with us next season, now is the time to point them to this thread and tell them to post up. Even if the Sprint Cup fills up, we will still need more drivers for the companion Nationwide series.

I would like a seat in season 3. I posted here because the other thread is closed. I would try and be a full time driver.

Sorry about not knowing what I was doing out there. :ill: I guess it was all about the draft...

I guess I should have pitted with you after the first run. But then we didn't have our fuel intake in tandem so that would have been tough. The car setup was obviously a winning setup I must say. I was 2 laps longer than everyone. Just didn't have any prep beforehand. Oh well. Atleast I logged another 500 miles onto the GT5 odometer. Maybe I'll get to the world record for video game distance if I keep this game going. :sly:

I really should have stayed up with the group at the start. Getting gapped off by the pack wasn't so smart either. :ouch:

Now I'm tired out from racing.... I cant afford to be spending that long infront of the game. Gonna have to just stick to the FGTC & F1 from now on.

Not having a draft partner made that race pretty frustrating. I had a deal worked out, but the start of the race was a real fight for position and I was unable to find my partners draft right away. Being a single car fighting with a bunch of tandems used my tires up pretty quick and put me a little behind. Quickly after the first pit I found the first wreck happening directly in front of me. After a brief 'mic-muted' moment and a beer, I calmed down and evaluated the situation. Turns out I was a couple laps down and on my own pit schedule by myself. There were a couple drivers willing to work with me, but I would have had to waste a set of tires by pitting early to sinc-up with them, and it turns out Cowboys was on the same lap I was on, meaning I was trapped in my pit schedule defending a track position. So a 3 hour race by myself, with a few ten minute drafting runs with a couple of guys spread out through the race. Extra frustrating knowing I had a very fast car, qualifying towards the front and every time someone else got hung out alone I managed to catch them. Well, toughed it out and finished and even though only nine cars finished, that's technically another top ten for me.

I'm gonna have to run in season 3 full time 'cause I feel like I've still got something to prove.

Congrats on the championship Niop.

I wanna add that I had some very good drafting and racing with/against both Mustard and Cowboys, nice job guys.

This sucked mudd, I got into position behind our targets but u never made it up to me. And I stuck to our 25 lap stints which proved pointless with no partner to dance with. But overall rflx n acdc were a second faster than us in tandem. I was tailing them quite a bit, pulling off 50s where we were pulling off 51s together. Regardless I finished one lap down and if our plans had worked out, that means we would've had a fighting chance for the lead. I'm sorry I didn't want to wait for u in the beginning. But I couldn't let the leaders get by. You know I strategized our race specifically against them two and there's no way I was going to let them outta sight early and take a lead. But an early accident had you, filling a gap between us and killing your tires. This race made our pit stops pointless. We will have to keep tuning n testing to keep up with the champion next season.

Good Niop on the 2nd season win in a row! I would be the 42 car next season if that is okay with Niop the team owner.

That suck Mudd, I would drop back and help you to the front if I was racing.

Last edited:
Ok, race I can definitely complete are in Bold. I don't know about the created tracks having not driven them enough and I DO have SSRX.

Preseason Exhibition: - Bud Shootout @ Daytona Superspeedway (50 laps)

01: Daytona 500 @ Daytona Superspeedway (200 laps)
02: Indy 150 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (60 laps)
03: Monza - No Chicanes (30 laps)
04: Coca Cola 600 @ SS Route X (32 laps)**
05: Cape Ring Inside (# of Laps TBD)

GTP Sprint All-Star Weekend @ Daytona Superspeedway - Click here for full event details

06: Indy 125 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (50 Laps)
07: Southern 300 @ Created Darlington (180 laps)
08: Time-Warner Cable 125 @ High Speed Ring (50 Laps)
09: Aaron's 188 @ SS Route X (10 laps)**
10: Brickyard 400 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (160 Laps)

-------BEGIN CHASE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP-------

11: Daytona 250 @ Daytona Superspeedway (100 laps)
12: Suzuka East (60 laps)
13: Coke Zero 300 @ SS Route X (16 laps)**
14: Daytona 200 @ Daytona Superspeedway (80 Laps)
15: Brickyard 200 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (80 Laps)

Also I'm going to remind people of my road course record for one, which was 3rd at Le Mans, 2 IIRC at Suzuka East before a penalty, and 4th at High Speed Ring.

I can't make the Indy 150 (Round 2), because I'm in Madrid that week. I should be good for everywhere else 👍

I approve of dropping the Brickyard from 500 to 400.

It's definitely 'Friends on GTP'. This draft is getting really unpredictable, very interesting.

My announcement will come as soon as I have confirmed something. Then we can move on 👍

I'd like to put my name forward as a road-course ringer and will take someone's spot if they don't want to run the road course, I can also do the speedways if wanted, but I'm much better on a road course, haven't finished off the podium in this or NASCAR Trucks on a road course.👍

Sounds like I missed a interesting race. I wanna say thanks to mustard for racing for me. I wish I was there to help out my teammate and of course mudd but instead I have to work a trade show. Who schedules a drag and circle track show the weekend of Daytona? Stupid stupid.... Well back to the RP expo today.

18FanChallenge.png

Knelly's Fantasy Challenge. Free Car under 1 Million Credits for the correct top five in the correct finishing order of S2.

As nobody got all 5 correct the £1m changes down to £750k for whoever got the most. Those correct places are in bold.

Chqr:
1. Homeslice
2. Knelly
3. NIOP
4. MustangRyan
5. ACDCROCKS123

Knelly:
1st MStall
2nd Homeslice
3rd Niop
4th Knelly
5th Mudd

TomMCD:
1. MStall
2. Niop
3. Drop
4. Knelly
5. Joe

NIOP:
1. Drop
2. Niop
3. MStall
4. Homeslice
5. Knelly

Joe:
1. Joe
2. Niop
3. Homeslice
4. MStall
5. Knelly

Basist:
1. CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83
2. Mudd
3. Knelly
4. Homeslice
5. Dowhat13

Drop
1. JoeOfTheFire
2. RFLX_Niop
3. M-Stall41
4. Homeslice47
5. Droptop2001gt

Mudd
1. Homeslice
2. Joe
3. Crazy
4. Niop
5. Knelly

Furi
1. Niop
2. Homeslice
3. Mstall
4. Joe
5. Knelly

MStall
1. MStall41
2. RFLX_Niop
3. JoeOfTheFire
4. Homeslice47
5. Knelly

Joe, Mudd and Furi all got two correct positions, so will now work on a points basis. If you got first correct, you get 5 points, down to getting fifth correct will give you 1 point.

Joe scores 4 points
Mudd scores 5 points
Furi scores 6 points, and is the WINNER of Knelly's Season 2 Fantasy Challenge.

Well done Furi and at least Gibbs finally won something this season 👍

Let me know what you would like up to 750,000, and it's yours.

Thank you all for taking part.

And remember, The Sprints are not far away, so if you have any further additions to nominations for the categories then let me know. I will soon be advising of all the nominations for you to vote (via PM) before we get to the Award Ceremony.

I won something :gtpflag:, my second Fantasy NASCAR success! Let me think of a prize...

To complete my NASCAR set I will take the #99 2011 Ford NASCAR :D

And Knelly, ya got my PM earlier?

It's yours man and well done again. We will have the same comp for S3 for sure, but it just shows how difficult it is to predict outcomes in this league.

And I did get your PM, just chosen to ignore it for the moment.

Good job again Furi. 👍

Looks like a lot has happened when I was away, especially at night.

Since I'm going to be generous and download SSRX, I might just do every race except the first one of next season, looking at the promising lap counts.

Carbonox
Looks like a lot has happened when I was away, especially at night.

Since I'm going to be generous and download SSRX, I might just do every race except the first one of next season, looking at the promising lap counts.

C'mon man, you can't miss the big one, the 500 :sly:

C'mon man, you can't miss the big one, the 500 :sly:

The time zone prohibits that everytime no matter what day it is.

EDIT: Round 10 also looks tough since it may exceed 2 hours, so that's a very unlikely one.

And so, just 12 hours after the planned Ford team for S3 began to fall apart, I have assembled a new team.

Find out who once the draft moves on some more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back