◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
BTW, can I get a quick tally as to how many people to expect tonight? Im gonna try and pull in some of the other talent I have found around the open lobbies if I haven't deleted them all. But Im curious how many "regulars" I can expect as well. dont worry, you have until we start to answer:P

Anyone around wanna do some 1 lap races? taking video for pictures for my garage thread. So Im running a bunch of my standard cars around various tracks. I'll be in my lobby.

oh, I checked the calendar and I couldn't see the start times for tonight? I'm mtn time, so I have to be on my game because otherwise I get caught up in evening stuff and forget how late it is in other zones.

shoot, and sorry for multiple posts. Duhh....just edit.

One issue that you will run into is that there are many different styles of driving and tuning, and ways to mesh those styles, and so many opinions, that you really do just have to put in the time. However, some of the ideas are universal. Maybe before tomorrows event we can link up and I can talk you through what works for me. And if any other of our tuner members can come add there thoughts. Like racing, the best way to improve is to compete. There's tuner comps that run often in the tuner section. Most of the guys are regulars, and are quite good at critiquing a car. Very thorough. I've done a few tuning events and its helped me a lot in tuning.

let me know when this is gonna happen, I'll be happy to jump in and share what i know. that's the main goal of the site I run with a few guys http://gttp.forumotion.com so you can sign up and do some stuff with us if you want.

Nope, no power adders, and no tune, find a car thats as close to 430 as possible, with no tuning aids. oil changes, and engine refresh is up to you.

I know I'm new, but... yeah... I don't get that.

It is like saying, "We are doing a one-make, but we aren't saying we are doing a one-make." Reasonably, there will be just a few cars that stand out, and drivers be equal, those one or two cars will blow everything else away. So... why not just have a one-make with those one or two cars?

Now, I could see it being fun if fast drivers avoided those cars as something of a challenge.

I know I'm new, but... yeah... I don't get that.

It is like saying, "We are doing a one-make, but we aren't saying we are doing a one-make." Reasonably, there will be just a few cars that stand out, and drivers be equal, those one or two cars will blow everything else away. So... why not just have a one-make with those one or two cars?

Now, I could see it being fun if fast drivers avoided those cars as something of a challenge.

My goal is to possibly run a plus minus system, once everything gets ironed out and people get used to the platform. then, depending on if your win lose record for the night, people can move up, and down in pp, depending. That should help even out the playing field.

But, for the mean time, PP will be variable, changing every monday. The goal really, is just to grab a low PP car and have fun blasting around the track with each other. Besides, with the lights out (these tracks will be ran at night) I think driver talent will be more important here then the car you pick.

The only thing that I change from car to car is ride height. then I start with the LSD. which I start at 20/20/20, and change so that the car is a little on the loose side.

I look at the settings of the factory diff. before I make any changes. that way I know why the car is behaving a certain way and it makes it easier to "fix" certain behaviors. It's more easy to get to where you want to be when you know where you are starting from...i'm changing my name from legit to miagi :sly:

and i'll be on for cat and mouse. maybe the touge stuff but if we are using different cars I don't get how it is gonna make drivers better. I would think it'd be better to go with spec or suggested cars so we can teach braking points and stuff using the same car. just a thought.

I look at the settings of the factory diff. before I make any changes. that way I know why the car is behaving a certain way and it makes it easier to "fix" certain behaviors. It's more easy to get to where you want to be when you know where you are starting from...i'm changing my name from legit to miagi :sly:

I dont approach my tuning like that. I dont want to know how the car handled stock before a tune session. I like to go into it blind, that way I dont have any expectation for how it should drive.

I have actually found that, after a few of the tuning comps I did, that I tune extremely different from other people. Many people who drove my tunes didn't like them. Except people who like a car the same way I do. In which case, they always love my cars. But that's because I don't tune a car to a cars style, I tune a car to my style. My times are consistently higher then those who test drive it, but that's because most tuners like a little under-steer, opposed to a little over-steer. especially between 450 and 600pp. lower or higher I go for a more neutral feel.

As for this event, making it one make may be an option, but I want to see how tonight runs, most of our events are one make, and the issue with only choosing a few (lets be honest, the top two cars will be the miata and s2000) cars is there is no variety. If the better drivers go for slower cars, and the slower guys get right in a 430, then the slower guys will get a chance to run closer to faster competition. No matter the difference between cars, you can learn a lot from just being able to follow someone who is faster.

Ok, Im Opening up tonights room now. Join anytime. Event racing begins at 10pm EST. Right now, probably do one makes and maybe some shuffle. Or if your around G, we can compare notes on the MR2.

My goal is to possibly run a plus minus system, once everything gets ironed out and people get used to the platform. then, depending on if your win lose record for the night, people can move up, and down in pp, depending. That should help even out the playing field.

Up or down PP in the same car (like I'm testing out on Tuesdays) or up/down by picking different cars? If it is the former, then how will people be allowed to go down if the car they pick is bog standard? If by picking different cars... well... that, I think, is a huge change and throws everything off. Car X at 429 may handle better than car Y at 433. Not much of an advantage in changing cars.

But, for the mean time, PP will be variable, changing every monday. The goal really, is just to grab a low PP car and have fun blasting around the track with each other. Besides, with the lights out (these tracks will be ran at night) I think driver talent will be more important here then the car you pick.

And since I don't have any talent, all the more reason I need a faster car just to keep pace.

Good luck with, I don't mean to say don't do it. I'm just not seeing the idea, yet. Its just not clicking.

We nearly stopped diabolic that last C&M race, lead....just couldn't get you down the straight cleanly enough before the cavalry arrived, lol

edit: I must remember to chuck the mic on the charger in the morning so as to not let it die halfway through the racing. Also, if I actually checked my garage better, and knowing now that engine limiting seems to be allowed, I would have tried the Land Rover in the first hour instead of the Renault :lol:

Last edited:
The car run pretty good out there tonight. I'd like to thank my teammate, the sponsors, the folks at DiaApm Motorwurks and the entire S.N.A.I.L staff. Also, I'd like to thank redbull for the wings and Harry Potter for the invisibility cloak!

This ones for you, Hermoine!

Better be Gryffindor!

Last edited:
What about us blithering idiots in the GTR in the final race that somehow missed collecting you about a hundred yards from the finish line? :lol:

Wonderful description..."blithering"

How about the race earlier were it took 4 GT-R over 3 minutes to bring my teammate to a stop. I was dropping the GT-R in 1 or 2 VS 1 battles, but when four come after us...not even the One ring could save the race.

I thought esh and myself made a pretty good team. we won the le sarthe race and one of the ring races. I was much better at the small car than the afst car though. I thought the touge stuff was pretty fun too. Rallywagon and me had three really close races. Diabolic came in and had a really good one too. All in all, a great success last night.

Back