GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job Knelly and Trynor bringing home 3rd and 4th. Wish I could've been there. And nice win Mule.

Niop
Great job Knelly and Trynor bringing home 3rd and 4th. Wish I could've been there. And nice win Mule.

Thanks Champ, and thanks fit your help and advice getting me there. Try had an awesome weekend. Very happy with SGR all round. Reckon we took the most points over the two races tonight.

I'll be in touch Funky 👍

Oh, and think we have a new title contender in Mule. Massive respect for this season so far 👍

No, lets not go there yet. Still tons of racing left and plenty of chances for me to choke.

Hi there!

Good job for your victory at Monza Steve ;)

Well, I'm interested to take part in this series but the time is actually the same as PURE FMSC. There's only one Round left at FMSC so I'll be able to participate here after the next week (if i'm allowed to join, of course)

I dont know which team i can incorporate cause i see "reserve drivers" everywhere in the OP...so just call me an available car, and i'll do my best with this one ;)

best regards

Litchi, I've got an open spot in my Nationwide team if you want it. It's on earlier than this race, so you should be able to race in that, then make FMSC.

MÜLE_9242;6967886
Litchi, I've got an open spot in my Nationwide team if you want it. It's on earlier than this race, so you should be able to race in that, then make FMSC.

Oh, cool, it's the other thread, right?

Hi there!

Good job for your victory at Monza Steve ;)

Well, I'm interested to take part in this series but the time is actually the same as PURE FMSC. There's only one Round left at FMSC so I'll be able to participate here after the next week (if i'm allowed to join, of course)

I dont know which team i can incorporate cause i see "reserve drivers" everywhere in the OP...so just call me an available car, and i'll do my best with this one ;)

best regards

The Sprint Cup series is currently full, with plenty of reserve drivers already on standby. The reserves you see listed for the Sprint Cup teams are drivers from the companion Nationwide series. Oddly enough, there is an available seat in the Nationwide series right now. That seat belongs to the Red Bull Racing team, which is owned by your friend MULE_9242. Talk to him about grabbing that seat, if you're interested.

EDIT - beaten TWICE before posting. :ouch:

The Sprint Cup series is currently full, with plenty of reserve drivers already on standby. The reserves you see listed for the Sprint Cup teams are drivers from the companion Nationwide series. Oddly enough, there is an available seat in the Nationwide series right now. That seat belongs to the Red Bull Racing team, which is owned by your friend MULE_9242. Talk to him about grabbing that seat, if you're interested.

EDIT - beaten TWICE before posting. :ouch:

thanks for your beaten heads up ;)

He raced in a few GT4 races this last season. You remember RFLX_Niop?

Litchi
I remember RFLX_Widowmaker who raced in WSGTC.
Niop yes, i remember...a bit.

Haha, I don't blame you. I only made 3 GT4 races I think. I was Nepal's teammate in that Aston. You were in the Camaro if I remember right.

Haha, I don't blame you. I only made 3 GT4 races I think. I was Nepal's teammate in that Aston. You were in the Camaro if I remember right.

yea yea yea. I did an awful job in this Camaro btw. I'm not very fast in Street Cars. I feel so much better in Race Cars ;)
But I'm a PURE member so i try to participate in all PURE series, even if i don't like the cars ;)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6709919#post6709919

The Sprint Cup All-Star race information post has been updated with a few changes.

1. MULE_9242 has moved from the Open Qualifying race to the Main Event race following his Sprint Cup win at Monza. The Main Event race will now have 12 drivers instead of 11.

2. To help offset the loss of Mule in the Open race, the number of transfer spots from the Nationwide Elimination race to the Open Qualifying race has been increased. The original number of 6 transfer spots is now up to 8 transfer spots, for a total of 14 drivers starting in the Open race. The top eight finishing Nationwide drivers will move on to race in the Open Qualifying race, where the top four drivers will advance to the Main Event.

3. The entry list has been updated for the Nationwide race, owing to the recent driver change at Red Bull Racing's Nationwide team.

smuffyatfcp
I counted, 14 laps to Joe and 16 laps for Mule.
Might want to re-check lap 15 as Joe was in the pits.

Joe 1-9
Mule 10-13
Joe 14-19
Mule 20-30

That's 15 laps each, so both guys get one bonus point for leading the most laps. That is the first time that has happened in our 30 Sprint Cup races over three seasons.

Joe 1-9
Mule 10-13
Joe 14-19
Mule 20-30

That's 15 laps each, so both guys get one bonus point for leading the most laps. That is the first time that has happened in our 30 Sprint Cup races over three seasons.

And if my calculations were any correct, the same would happen simultaneously in Nationwide. :crazy:

And if my calculations were any correct, the same would happen simultaneously in Nationwide. :crazy:

That would have made for a very strange weekend. I double-checked my counting in both races, just to be certain. Having that one pace-lap definitely messes with you when you're trying to figure out which lap the lead changed hands.

"OK, so it's lap 34, but there was a pace lap, so this is actually lap 33, which means the lap just completed was 32." :dunce:

OFFICIAL Monza Results:

1. #83 MULE_9242 (15 laps led) - 20 points, +2 bonus points
2. #43 JoeOfTheFire (Pole Position, 15 laps led) - 18 points, +3 bonus points
3. #42 Knelly - 16 points
4. #14 TRYNOR88 - 0 points (Nationwide Driver)
5. #83 RedPartyHat - 12 points
6. #99 Tom_97_COD - 11 points
7. #18 Furinkazen - 10 points
8. #11 Droptop2001gt - 9 points
9. #88 Mudd - 8 points
10. #48 dowhat13 - 7 points
11. #24 CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 - 6 points
12. #20 FastFox400 - 0 points (Nationwide Driver)

Driver's Championship:
DfTGn.jpg

Owner's Championship:
Hlhme.jpg

Manufacturer's Championship:
eTZ96.jpg

Cutting it close... i'm available as a start and parker for SSRX next week by the way. But I won't be doing the full race.

Just FYI - Points in green are in the Chase. The person in yellow is the current wild card holder. In this case, it's RedPartyHat, getting in on points (with a highest-finish tie-breaker over Mudd). The orange points are not in the Chase, as of now. The red points are Nationwide drivers not eligible to receive points or make the Chase.

If a driver outside the top 8 in points has a race win, he will be listed in the 8th spot, as his win would place him in the wild card for the Chase.

I expect the race for the final points position (7th) and the wild card to come down to at least four drivers in the tenth and final regular season race. If no one outside the top seven has a win yet, it becomes a winner-take-all race for the wild card position.

DrifterJoe
Now we need everyone to race well and make sure Niop doesn't make the chase. :sly:

Haha, I definitely have my work cut out for me. But from here on out I should be able to attend all races. I hope that my decision to not take 2/3 points doesn't come back to bite me.

Niop
Haha, I definitely have my work cut out for me. But from here on out I should be able to attend all races. I hope that my decision to not take 2/3 points doesn't come back to bite me.

Yep, we've got some work to do Boss. There's enough road courses pre chase though, plus good points on the ovals I wouldn't worry Champ.

Must say, I'm still a little hungover from podium champagne :D. Sorry if I'm going on but a road course podium is massive for me. Can't wait to see revised stats Crazy 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back