GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
MustangRyan
Also, there's a chance this will be pushed back one week due to a scheduling conflict with work. I should know for sure before I leave today in about 6 hours. If so, we'll run this race next week, and push race 5 until after the All-Star break.

Drop, as it stands right now the season is scheduled to end July 21st. If we get pushed back anymore, my season is effectively over. I will be out of town for July 28th and August 4th.

Niop
Drop, as it stands right now the season is scheduled to end July 21st. If we get pushed back anymore, my season is effectively over. I will be out of town for July 28th and August 4th.

:nervous:

I also will miss the last race of the season if the last race is pushed back to the 28th July. I'm going away for a fortnight in the early hours of Saturday morning.

We'll work around it as best we can. If nothing else, save your 2/3 substitution, and maybe you'll only need one for the last race in the Chase.

I also will miss the last race of the season if the last race is pushed back to the 28th July. I'm going away for a fortnight in the early hours of Saturday morning.

If enough drivers have the same problem, maybe we can make that one weekend a scheduled break? I'm very willing to be as flexible as I can, since I'm asking you guys to do the same for me with the birth of our son pending.

I suppose so, but just like Niop, I'd miss two weeks as well :nervous:

The only other option I can think of is to drop a race from the schedule; may be a bit of a daft suggestion but it's all that comes to mind.

If we had a scheduled break on the 28th, I could probably find a way to make it the following weekend.

This Saturday is definitely off. I'm working 8am-7pm Saturday and Sunday. We'll run this race April 28th, and keep the All-Star race on May 5th, so as not to disturb the Nationwide schedule.

We could eliminate one race from the current schedule, shortening the regular season down to 9 weeks. The race I would remove would be Cape Ring Inside (65 laps).

We currently have off weeks scheduled for April 21st (this weekend) and June 23rd (my 5-year wedding anniversary). If we remove Cape Ring Inside, we could potentially wrap the season up before July 28th.

About splitting the sprint cup, I have come up with a complicated suggestion with some/lots of flaws.

What if two races run and the positions is determined based on finishing time, like I said complicated but might just be crazy enough to work.
Failing that how about 2 separate sprint cup series and the top 5 of each make up the 10 in the chase.

This Saturday is definitely off. I'm working 8am-7pm Saturday and Sunday. We'll run this race April 28th, and keep the All-Star race on May 5th, so as not to disturb the Nationwide schedule.

We could eliminate one race from the current schedule, shortening the regular season down to 9 weeks. The race I would remove would be Cape Ring Inside (65 laps).

We currently have off weeks scheduled for April 21st (this weekend) and June 23rd (my 5-year wedding anniversary). If we remove Cape Ring Inside, we could potentially wrap the season up before July 28th.

I think this would be a good decision 👍

Schedule revised, effective immediately.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6708934#post6708934

Should my wife go into labor very near a weekend, there's a chance we could have another one-week delay any time between now and May 12th or so. If so, we'll revise the calendar in a way that works for the majority of the teams and drivers. We can either postpone a week (and deal with July 28th when we get there), or remove another race (to stay on schedule ahead of July 28th). Either way, we'll get it sorted out as things progress.

It's kinda looking like whoever shows up to the most races is the winner. Doesn't really matter to me, as I compare the race schedule to my summer schedule, it looks like I'm pretty much just driving for team points from here out.:banghead:

My idea:

Currently we got Saturday Nationwide and Sprint CUp, and Trucks friday...

What about an ARCA-style series for 2010 model cars ONLY? 453hp, Hard tyres, and this adds another rung to the stock car ladder.

And for the Daytona 500, we could allow extra entries and maybe have a "Duel" format of somekind? Lock in certain drivers (say top 8-12 in owners points) and have some qualify their way in? Would be an interesting concept.

It's kinda looking like whoever shows up to the most races is the winner. Doesn't really matter to me, as I compare the race schedule to my summer schedule, it looks like I'm pretty much just driving for team points from here out.:banghead:

Would providing a second substitution be of any help? Maybe we could allow one for the regular season and one for the Chase? Or is it too late to add that stipulation since a third of the regular season is now complete?

My idea:

Currently we got Saturday Nationwide and Sprint CUp, and Trucks friday...

What about an ARCA-style series for 2010 model cars ONLY? 453hp, Hard tyres, and this adds another rung to the stock car ladder.

And for the Daytona 500, we could allow extra entries and maybe have a "Duel" format of somekind? Lock in certain drivers (say top 8-12 in owners points) and have some qualify their way in? Would be an interesting concept.

To me, the 453hp ARCA sounds too similar to the current Nationwide cars.

For the Daytona 500, we'll only split the race if we are splitting the whole season. We'll worry about it when we have something like 35 drivers interested in running the Nationwide and Sprint Cup series.

Or raise Sprint cup to 525hp, Nationwide to 475, and ARCA to 453... though I know that you favour the 502hp concept.

I'm really not that worried about it, but I've got one pre-chase race I'll be missing, (6/2), and two chase races (7/7, 7/14). I don't think there's much for me to do, except just plain 'go for it' with nothing to lose.:mischievous:

I think that there should be a something similar to ARCA. It would definitely open up to those who have never done nascar. I would say fully broke in cars at 453 and 1700kg. Nationwide at 464 but no added weight, and leave sprint cup right where they are.

MustangRyan
Schedule revised, effective immediately.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6708934#post6708934

Should my wife go into labor very near a weekend, there's a chance we could have another one-week delay any time between now and May 12th or so. If so, we'll revise the calendar in a way that works for the majority of the teams and drivers. We can either postpone a week (and deal with July 28th when we get there), or remove another race (to stay on schedule ahead of July 28th). Either way, we'll get it sorted out as things progress.

Schedule works for me. We'll just have to wait and see when the baby decides to come.

If you're going to run ARCA, use something like Challenger T/Cs (with full aero kits) limited to something like 325hp-375hp. Use a lot of Daytona, Indy, Darlington, Pocono, and Oval Kart Tracks (Monster). That would be a really fun series.

If you're going to run ARCA, use something like Challenger T/Cs (with full aero kits) limited to something like 325hp-375hp. Use a lot of Daytona, Indy, Darlington, Pocono, and Oval Kart Tracks (Monster). That would be a really fun series.

I agree. Love the Challenger TC and I would happily get involved with that!

Or... bring back my original Nationwide concept?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Modified street cars, perfect intro to stock cars... stick in the Trucks timeslot and you have a perfect pre-Indycar race as well.

Hmmm, I'd like to see the TC though. That gives at least a taste of the grip and power NASCAR cars have, the street cars are much looser.

i think the original Nationwide concept would work. Because Cup cars tend to be somewhat loose even with a limiter on roadcourses..

i think the original Nationwide concept would work. Because Cup cars tend to be somewhat loose even with a limiter on roadcourses..

I suppose it would. Although the road cars do bore me a tad and a race car is a race car; it's always going to be more similar to the real thing than a stock, roadgoing version.

For ARCA, I would run the Challenger TC. All the cars should be nearly-identical looking race cars, much like IROC. If you want to run some kind of multi-street car series (Camaro/Mustang/Challenger), run a street stock oval series. They are popular classes at small local race tracks all over the USA.

Right. Where as Using the Challenger TC would be more like a IROC thing because the cars are all equal. Where as having multiple brands is like actual racing.

But in NASCAR & ARCA the cars are so similar to each other anyway there's no appreciable difference between them. Also if I remember from testing for the original series, the Ford was pretty damn slow compared to the Chevy and Dodge.

I was actually thinking of hosting a series with the old Camaro/mustang/challenger, but the challenger was awful compared to the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back