GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Camaro is simply the dominant car in that trio unfortunately.

When you put those three cars together, you just make a power limit and weight requirement. Use the max-power of the least powerful, and enforce a minimum weight equal to the heaviest car, and they all get along just fine.

A one-make using the DLC Challenger TC would be a blast, even at low power levels.

I'd consider organizing it if nobody else would, not sure on what day or time it would run though.

Stock weight, full aero and say....400bhp?

I'm cool with the revised schedule. I may miss a race or two. I will save my 2/3pts if I make the Chase. So Mudd, Dowhat and I will be unavailable a few weeks. I'm sure Smuffy or Carbon can fill-in for us. And if all three of us miss a weekend then it is what it is. Not a big deal. I'm not positive on which dates I'll be missing. But I do know 100% sure that I can not do July 28th. That Saturday is my son's first birthday party.

Challenger RM's as my new friday series... will investigate... ;)

Of course I have already investigated in the past... but i'll give it serious consideration.

I'm cool with the revised schedule. I may miss a race or two. I will save my 2/3pts if I make the Chase. So Mudd, Dowhat and I will be unavailable a few weeks. I'm sure Smuffy or Carbon can fill-in for us. And if all three of us miss a weekend then it is what it is. Not a big deal. I'm not positive on which dates I'll be missing. But I do know 100% sure that I can not do July 28th. That Saturday is my son's first birthday party.

Let's go ahead and plan on July 28th being an off-week, no matter what. 👍

Jakob, your driving rights belong to your car owner. If you were to drive in the Sprint Cup, it would be for MULE's Red Bull Racing team, just like in Nationwide. You would need MULE's permission to drive for a non-Red Bull team in either Nationwide or Sprint Cup. If MULE doesn't assign you a car to drive, you can't just take one from someone else because you want to.

Okay Drop

If any team needs a driver for the next race I just checked with my nationwide team owner and he said it was cool

Can't we just move Cape Ring somewhere else and extend the season one more week? Or get rid of one of the SSRX races..

I would much rather keep CRI. If it means replacing a SSRX race with it, so be it.

I would argue that SSRX is the most difficult oval we go to. It is deceptively easy to lose the draft, the corners are tricky, and there is ZERO room for error. One little mistake and you're done. Winning the 600 here would be a serious accomplishment and a testament to that driver's skill. You have to run hard every lap at SSRX or you risk losing the draft rather easily.

To me, the biggest bonus with removing Cape Ring Inside was the the fact that the last two corners were going to be areas that would require lots of review for corner-cutting.

So we only do 1 more road course this whole series :(

We still have High Speed Ring and Suzuka East. That's 3 road courses in 14 races. The actual Sprint Cup does 2 road courses in 36 races. I think we're ok here. 👍

funkyDucks
What if two races run and the positions is determined based on finishing time, like I said complicated but might just be crazy enough to work.
For an expanded league, I like this idea. Although it may be tricky for the races that have a pace lap.

Carbonox
SSRX is extremely unchallenging though...

The track itself certainly isn't too difficult to figure out, but pack the field full of the most experienced oval racers on GTPlanet and I think you'll find plenty of challenge. :D

I know it wasn't the best choice for a track, but at least it helped bring a little more variety.

For an expanded league, I like this idea. Although it may be tricky for the races that have a pace lap.

I don't think it's the best idea. Final finishing positions in a race definitely need to be decided on the same track between the drivers involved. Losing to a guy that is running in a different race under different circumstances isn't right. I think it's best if all drivers know where they stand when a race is over, not have to wait for us all to compare times.

Imagine a guy beating you by 3 tenths of a second from the other race. Had you been on track with him, you could have drafted past him for that position. No one is going to like that.

Of all the options I've considered so far, I'm leaning toward holding two heat races and using those results to split the field into two main races.

The drivers in odd points positions (1,3,5,7,...,23) would roll out in Heat Race 1.
The drivers in even points positions (2,4,6,8,...,24) would roll out in Heat Race 2.

The top six finishers from Heat Race 1 and 2 would go to Main Race 1 and race each other for finishing positions 1 through 12 (disconnects would be moved to the bottom of Main Race 2).

The bottom six finishers from Heat Race 1 and 2 would go to Main Race 2 and race each other for finishing positions 13 through 24 (moving above any disconnects from Main Race 1 that completed less total laps).

I have also considered a split-season approach, where there are two separate races (again split by odd and even points positions) with two winners, and points given out for 1st-12th in both races independently. The top 8-10 drivers would all be combined on track together for the Chase only. But, I think people would try to avoid being in Joe's road course races, or ACDC's oval races, etc.

I also don't like the idea of having two people win one race, especially if they weren't in the field with the best drivers every week. Winning should definitely be special, and I think a two-race/two-winners approach takes away from that. I think having a 24-car points structure (points range from 28 points for 1st place to 1 point for 24th place) with one clear winner per week would make it more important to show up each week and perform well.

But, I think people would try to avoid being in Joe's road course races, or ACDC's oval races, etc.

If you choose who races in each lobby by random and have them stay in the same lobby for the entire season, they can do nothing about Joe or ACDC being with them. Don't give people the option of choosing their lobby.

MustangRyan
I don't think it's the best idea. Final finishing positions in a race definitely need to be decided on the same track between the drivers involved. Losing to a guy that is running in a different race under different circumstances isn't right. I think it's best if all drivers know where they stand when a race is over, not have to wait for us all to compare times.

Imagine a guy beating you by 3 tenths of a second from the other race. Had you been on track with him, you could have drafted past him for that position. No one is going to like that.

This is actually why I like this idea. You would give it 100% the entire race not knowing if you're ahead or behind of the other race. You'd leave it all on the track, and there would be less people sitting back and conserving. If someone beat you by 3 tenths, then he did it fair and square.

What happens when Driver X stops pushing you around Daytona for the last few laps because his friend tells him he's winning the other race but is running slightly behind on time?

(Hypothetical phone call between Droptop2001gt and ACDCROCKS123 during the end-stage of a split-race decided by best overall time)

"Hey, AC, I'm leading my race, and crossing the start/finish line with three laps to go, with 42 minutes and 12 seconds on the clock. M-Stall is pushing and we are good to go to the end. Where are you?"

"I'm a lap down, but I'm pushing RFLX. He's leading. There are three laps to go, and we're crossing the start-finish line at 42 minutes and 8 seconds."

"Crap, we're four seconds behind you guys. Is there anyone else nearby to help him other than you?"

"No, it's just us."

"Can you stop pushing him so I can make up time on him?"

"Yeah, sure."

Now I can pass RFLX in elapsed time, without ever passing him on the same track, and there's nothing he can do about it. 👎

I would much rather two drivers battle for position head-to-head on track together, so there is no less whining when the race is over.

This is all starting to seem hypothetically complicated to me.

Personally I think we should just carry on as we are for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back