◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,480 comments
Fun racing d2 glad Im not very good on R3 so I can stick around a little longer.

Yeah, that was mighty close in the points, lots of fun :D

I had a look at the replay and you were quite right, your tyres were pretty much totally shot by the end :lol:

On the plus side, you had the best seat in the house for when Hogster lost it right in front of me in race 2 :scared:

AutumnRing.jpg

Actually, I seemed to be a magnet for stuff like that tonight....here's Ap deciding to see if drifting was the fastest way around Monaco:

CtedAzur_2.jpg

Last edited:
Here are the official results from our league night on April 15th, 2012. It was another great night of racing in S.N.A.I.L., where the tightest division battle occurred in D2 this week. The top three drivers in D2 finished with 47, 46, and 45 respectively. Can't get much closer than that!

Also, this is the first time ever that there is a tie in the elimination vote (between Round 2 and Round 3). Therefore, Prize C holds extra value this week because along with the $1M car, it also includes the tie-breaking vote!

Division 1
  1. M1SS-D3V10US ---- selected Prize A
  2. Mighty_mopar ------ selected Prize B
  3. ND_4_SPD_Naruto -- selected Prize C (and also broke the tie in the elimination vote by voting for Round 2)
  4. jlbowler ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. ADR_BRONCO ------- did not submit a vote
  6. tcrash15 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. AJK-VAIL ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Diabolicwyvern ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. racefan78 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  • kcheeb ------------- DNR with advanced notice
  • ckoerner210 -------- DNR with advanced notice (out for several weeks)
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR with last-minute notice

Division 2
  1. HogsterGT --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 promoted to Division 1
  2. iceburgeson -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. spooble ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. rallywgn81 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. zer05ive ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. aubdogg ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Apmaddock -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. leadbedr ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. g-MachineREX ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  • Psycho-Tuber ------ DNR with advanced notice

Division 3
  1. GTP_esh ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 promoted to Division 2
  2. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2 promoted to Division 2
  3. a_garris ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. SeattleTyler -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. dudeondacouch ----- did not submit a vote
  6. ChuthuluGoat ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Skills_19657 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. dvdoughboy -------- did not submit a vote
  10. autoxse-r ---------- did not submit a vote
  11. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • GTP_BeRandom ----- DNR with advanced notice
  • SCREAMING_CHIEF -- DNR with advanced notice
  • bullseye915 --------- DNR with last-minute notice

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Lotus Evora '09 @Côte d’Azur
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since M1SS-D3V10US selected Prize A, she gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 3 - Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera @Autumn Ring / Reverse
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since Mighty_mopar got Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

ND_4_SPD_Naruto selected Prize C, so he gets any car he wants (up to $999,999).

Last edited:
On the plus side, you had the best seat in the house for when Hogster lost it right in front of me in race 2 :scared:

AutumnRing.jpg
All I can say is, Thank God for ghosting!!! There were at least three separate instances where ghosting saved me from royally plowing into someone else (or vice-versa as illustrated above). I hadn't run AR reverse at all, and it showed. Thanks for tolerating me last night fellas.

Agreed, Hog. There was at least one occasion where someone was basically taking the opposite of the race line. If he hadn't gone ghost we would've had a massive side-impact collision as I went left-right while he went left-right.

On the other hand, the same guy took advantage of the ghost by rear-ending me, then driving right through when I went ghost.

...maybe that's the trick to passing at d'azur...

All I can say is, Thank God for ghosting!!! There were at least three separate instances where ghosting saved me from royally plowing into someone else (or vice-versa as illustrated above). I hadn't run AR reverse at all, and it showed. Thanks for tolerating me last night fellas.

There was a place where ghosting screwed me, though.

I think it was Exo caught up on the chicane at Monaco. The two or three cars infront of me went through him as he was a ghost. To avoid losing any ground to them, I tried to go through him, too, since he was still sideways.

He unghosted.

I didn't get through.

I did knock Exo off the wall, so he was able to get out of the chicane before me. :(

Agreed, Hog. There was at least one occasion where someone was basically taking the opposite of the race line. If he hadn't gone ghost we would've had a massive side-impact collision as I went left-right while he went left-right.

On the other hand, the same guy took advantage of the ghost by rear-ending me, then driving right through when I went ghost.

...maybe that's the trick to passing at d'azur...

I understand how this can be frustrating, but I need to remind you (and everyone else) that we follow we use the GTP OLR as our rules guideline. As you can see under Section 17, race incidents are to be discussed and resolved in private. Please click here to see how we've adapted the complaint process to be applicable to our league. That post isn't quite as refined as I would like it to be, but it's got all the basic steps of what needs to be done to protest a race incident.

In the meantime, I'll spend some time this week to simplify the language of the complaint process. More importantly, I'll figure out a stewards program for the league. The idea would be to have stewards in each division, so that only stewards who are not in the same division as the drivers involved in a reported incident would be able to review the incident and decide on a penalty. I think that doing something like that would eliminate any potentially perceived bias that would occur if a steward was reviewing an incident that occurred in his own division.

Last edited:
Penalties work fine, they're just jacked up in the way they work. :crazy: if your mic is cutting, then wouldn't raising the quality cut you out completely?

That's what I was referring to, not that they malfunction.

To be clear, my mic isn't "cutting out" it just isn't registering in the room sometimes. It doesn't ever cut out in the middle of a transmission, just for periods of time.

Hmm.. All three SNAIL lounges have the default mic settings. But yeah, my mic has been doing the intermittent thing as well.. Any suggestions other than the settings?

Sorry, I do not. It may have something to do with who is hosting (first in the room), since the it's not the lounge owner.

I have the official Sony bluetooth mic. Isn't that supposed to be solid?

I also have the Sony PS3 headset. Never had a problem before.

dudeondacouch ----- did not submit a vote

Since I don't run all the races, I did not feel comfortable voting.

Sorry I left early, had to get ready for work and stuff. I tried to say something, but my mic transmissions weren't going through. :crazy:

Diabolic, I'll try to work on your banner request today. 👍

I understand how this can be frustrating, but I need to remind you (and everyone else) that we follow we use the GTP OLR as our rules guideline. As you can see under Section 17, race incidents are to be discussed and resolved in private. Please click here to see how we've adapted the complaint process to be applicable to our league. That post isn't quite as refined as I would like it to be, but it's got all the basic steps of what needs to be done to protest a race incident.

I didn't mention any names… :P

Edit 1: To be clear, I'm not trying to implicate anyone or complain about any incidents last night. I'm just talking about the ghosting system and its benefits and flaws.

Edit 2: I also have problems with the mic occasionally not registering. Maybe I'm talking to quietly, but it doesn't seem to be a problem most of the time. It's also weird that my cat sneezing will register on the mic when she's halfway across the room, but two minutes later I have to put the thing practically into my mouth to get the sound through. I also use the Sony wireless. . . trend?

Edit 1: To be clear, I'm not trying to implicate anyone or complain about any incidents last night. I'm just talking about the ghosting system and its benefits and flaws.

And it does have lots of flaws. There was another case last night where I was behind Chuthulu, I think. We had just lost some spaces for something, and we are following someone onto the front straight at Monaco. I intended to get close behind him to bump-draft him down the front straight (and possibly up the hill after). But as we are going through the little last-corner-kink his car ghosts and I go through him. And that was before I got a chance to bump him. I think he bumped the wall.

And I guess the ghost system was doing some good. If he really did bump the wall and that slowed him down, then him going ghost kept me from crashing into him and slowing me down and causing us both damage.

But, letting me through isn't fair to the people behind me, like with the incident at the chicance, where the people infront of me went through a ghosted Exo, but I didn't.

If he went ghost because of me, then that is just messed up. I didn't want to pass him at that point. I wanted us to catch up to the driver infront of me and then try to pass. Besides, the ghost system let me bump-draft other people.

Honestly though, I still don't like the penalty system because it isn't realistic with the ghosting and such. It is like SRF (or light damage).

Diabolic, I'll try to work on your banner request today. 👍

Its not crucial to my night the banner look how I want it but should you have a few minutes to spare, it'd be appreciated.
Ps: I CANNOT WAIT FOR CAT & MOUSE TONIGHT. Its one of the few times I have fun playing.

Last edited:
It may have something to do with who is hosting (first in the room), since the it's not the lounge owner.

This is the case. If the first person in the room has low bandwidth, it will affect the whole room. We should make sure that the person who is hosting has a high bandwidth and low latency connection. Let the Speedtest.net screenshots begin!

Its not crucial to my night the banner look how I want it but should you have a few minutes to spare, it'd be appreciated.

Diabolic Friday Banner submission #2

diabolicfriday2.png

If you'd rather have orange at the bottom instead of the fire and/or something else changed, let me know. I kept the fire, but changed it to something classier since we seem to be moving that direction with these. :sly:

Also could have done something more demonic with the skull, but I thought this one fit you better. :lol:

***Also added to Banner Consolidation post***

Last edited:
This is the case. If the first person in the room has low bandwidth, it will affect the whole room. We should make sure that the person who is hosting has a high bandwidth and low latency connection. Let the Speedtest.net screenshots begin!

garris was 1st in D3 and there where similar issues with audio that we've seen doing the parity races. dude, I heard you fine all night, fyi. I often feel like I'm not being heard even though I have a somewhat high-end headset and use fiber for audio. Could be my voice though too.

Could just be GT5. think we will get an update and some DLC with the PSN maintenance and inevitable update?

Hat cakes is funny, but perhaps we ought lose the inside out joke and just have LOW BOOST there. It is an important aspect of the races. I do like the new flames allot as well as the gold lettering.

I was thinking, "He's gone wide! Please don't spear back across the tra....oh 🤬, ghostghostghost!" :lol:

Hat cakes is funny, but perhaps we ought lose the inside out joke and just have LOW BOOST there. It is an important aspect of the races. I do like the new flames allot as well as the gold lettering.

That would make sense...

...if the post the banner was going in didn't have several lines and giant pictures dedicated to hatcakes. :lol: :P

Wow... I'm not even sure where to begin. I guess I will start with how much fun last night was. Second will be HUGE apologies for my sloppy driving. The dog-pile at the Monaco chicane, I honestly have no idea what happened. I was setting up for the turn and all of the sudden, I was taking concrete samples from the barrier. I panicked and pinned it to get out of there. Through out the rest of the night there were other instances of contact on my part (one in particular where, again, I 'm not sure what happened, but I slammed garris so hard from behind, I ended up in his back seat, man I am SO sorry for that) To be honest, I really didn't expect to be up there in the thick of it. I need to start making practice nights and learn how to keep my composure in a crowd. (any suggestions?) Is there a way I can get a copy of the race files so I can study them? Sheesh... I've had too much coffee this morning, and I could go on and on... All in all, I had a great time last night but it is foreshadowed by all the mistakes I made in relation to my conduct around the other racers. Cheers all and thanks!

Such is life, Exo. I'm always so careful around traffic that I end up losing places because of it…and when I do contact someone I get all self-conscious and apologetic.

Practice and experience, I suppose.

Driving in traffic at near 100% is incredibly difficult, but if you don't drive at 100% you can't keep up, because there's no risk of fiery death. Such is simulation life.

I am surprised at how well I could hear some, like Harris. I couldn't hear dude very well, and I think we may be in the same county.

Any tips on tuning down music? Sometimes I can hardly hear voices over engines and music settings.

By the way, I didn't race particularly well, but I greatly appreciated the frequent good sportsmanship and good communication from many folks. For example, Seattle Tyler was coming around me fast in the woods and mentioned "I'm on your left, Handlebar.". For a racing novice, I appreciated comments like those.

ExoSphere64
Wow... I'm not even sure where to begin. I guess I will start with how much fun last night was. Second will be HUGE apologies for my sloppy driving. The dog-pile at the Monaco chicane, I honestly have no idea what happened. I was setting up for the turn and all of the sudden, I was taking concrete samples from the barrier. I panicked and pinned it to get out of there. Through out the rest of the night there were other instances of contact on my part (one in particular where, again, I 'm not sure what happened, but I slammed garris so hard from behind, I ended up in his back seat, man I am SO sorry for that) To be honest, I really didn't expect to be up there in the thick of it. I need to start making practice nights and learn how to keep my composure in a crowd. (any suggestions?) Is there a way I can get a copy of the race files so I can study them? Sheesh... I've had too much coffee this morning, and I could go on and on... All in all, I had a great time last night but it is foreshadowed by all the mistakes I made in relation to my conduct around the other racers. Cheers all and thanks!

Once the race ends, wait a moment. Then click on the podium on the bottom right. It takes you to a save vid file. Then hit save.

Now, how to get that file to any other format or off the ps3, I have no idea. But it is worth reviewing, especially with good racers in field.

I greatly appreciated the frequent good sportsmanship and good communication from many folks. For example, Seattle Tyler was coming around me fast in the woods and mentioned "I'm on your left, Handlebar.". For a racing novice, I appreciated comments like those.

That's actually the main reason we allow mics to be turned on during the races. Since peripheral vision is severely limited in the game (unless you're running triple monitors), communicating things like "I'm on your left" can do wonders for accident avoidance. Big thumbs up to new member SeattleTyler for proving to be a good fit for our league. 👍

Such is life, Exo. I'm always so careful around traffic that I end up losing places because of it…and when I do contact someone I get all self-conscious and apologetic.

Practice and experience, I suppose.

Yea, my first outing with the SNAILs 2 weeks ago was pretty lackluster and I really didn't expect much better results this week so when I actually ended up towards the front of the pack, all I could think was to stick to my lines and what I had practiced and try to stay calm. :dunce: I think next week will be all about how to act in traffic and not so much about position and I think as time goes on I can learn to balance the two!

I turn off all BGM in the game. I've heard it enough, anyway. It just gets in the way of conversations.

Other sounds can be turned down, as well, in the settings.

The best way to level game vs. mic sounds is with a headset that can adjust that on the fly. That's great stuff.

You cannot save (Edit: nor convert) a GT5 replay to any other format. One could, however, send the replay file to another person via email, etc. The other person could then load it on their PS3 through GT5 and watch it.

Last edited:
Speaking of replays, I don't know if it's just me but whenever I watch a replay not from my car, it appears to be jolting all over the place while mine seems to be much smoother with the steering....or is that just down to driving style? :dunce:

I like. 👍

it did seem like some people could hear me and some could not.

I don't think I could hear you. :(

I really wish PD would release some documentation on what they have done. How is the voice client run, how is the game run, all that good jazz.

I 'm not sure what happened, but I slammed garris so hard from behind, I ended up in his back seat, man I am SO sorry for that)

I don't remember this. It may not have been me, or it may not have been anything that I was particularly bothered by.

Driving in traffic at near 100% is incredibly difficult, but if you don't drive at 100% you can't keep up, because there's no risk of fiery death. Such is simulation life.

This is why I won the first race by such a large margin. I survived Doughboy's off, and was able to slip past Exo on the first corner on lap two. After that, I had free and clear sailing. Everyone behind me had someone with them, so I was easily able to put down faster laps.

Speaking of replays, I don't know if it's just me but whenever I watch a replay not from my car, it appears to be jolting all over the place while mine seems to be much smoother with the steering....or is that just down to driving style? :dunce:

It could be lag. It could also be that the person you are watching is on a DS3.

Back