◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,525 comments
For those that don't follow my thread, I'm copying this here. This week will be what we've done for weeks, so it should run smoothly and be lots of fun. At least for me, since I enjoy the Evora. It is a fun little car.

The next two weeks will be something of an experiment. I hope it works out.

And there are some numbers and tracks missing. I need to fill them out. Hopefully tomorrow.

• 17 April Race will be held in the SNAIL_Division2 lounge
    • Car Selection: Lotus Evora '09 (recommend break-in)
    • Initial Performance Point Level:
    • Lower Performance Point Level:
    • Upper Performance Point Level:
    • Performance Point Increment: 5
    • Tire Selection:
    • Track Selection: Grand Valley East / Reverse, Deep Forest / Reverse, Trial Mountain / Reverse
  • 24 April: Chunnel Champions Race will be held in the SNAIL_Division2 lounge
    • Car Selection: Mini Cooper S '07 versus Peugeot 207 GTi '07
    • Initial Performance Point Level: 380
    • Lower Performance Point Level: 370
    • Upper Performance Point Level: 395
    • Performance Point Increment: 5
    • Tire Selection: Sports Hard
    • Track Selection:
  • 24 April: V8 Challenge Race will be held in the SNAIL_Division2 lounge

I WILL be racing tomorrow night. I am on call at work so if for some reason I don't show up or disappear in the middle of a race without notice, that means I had to roll. Let's hope it is a quiet night!

Offical Driver List updated for races on April 15th.

Sorry for the delay, had some things to work out and I was mid-beer :)

Have a great time racing tomorrow everyone. WIsh I could join you.

Please remember the GTP OLR when you race tomorrow. Courtesy for your fellow drivers is one of our hallmarks.

I wanted to thank you again dudeondacouch for creating the banner for the M3 GTR Challenge. I was wondering though if we could get a higher quality picture instead of the current one of the car. I found this picture of the actual car and was wondering if you could replace the original picture with this. Thanks.
m3-gtr.jpg

Bahaha, a Cartman joke just came to mind seeing that pic. One of the first (was it the first?) episodes of South Park, where Cartman gets abducted by aliens.

Looking forward to racing with you guys tonight. Recognize some of the names from the 450pp tuners club. Anyone from division 3 care to share lap time for the s2000 on deep forest(REV). My best is 1.29.3 so far but i definitely have some room for improvement. not broken in BTW.

Looking forward to racing with you guys tonight. Recognize some of the names from the 450pp tuners club. Anyone from division 3 care to share lap time for the s2000 on deep forest(REV). My best is 1.29.3 so far but i definitely have some room for improvement. not broken in BTW.

Break it in, you should gain 1-2 seconds depending if you have an oil change or not yet as well.

You can see the lap times from the last week we ran for D1 and D3 here.

voting is going to be hard for me tonight. they are all so good i could run this series forever!

Sorry, was I supposed to think about that?

Really though, I think round 1 is safe again. I am really like the Evora and I do like Monaco, but I expect people to vote for it just because it isn't really a good race course. It is a great driving course. I think it will be close between round 2 and 3.

There its is! even blasting fire out the left side! Well, technically I guess that's the right.

im up for it but cant do sunday night, what events are on during the week?
My psn name: dannnyboi

dannyboi, what nights can you race on and what time is ideal for you? As you can see here, we're considering creating some GMT-friendly events due to the amount of membership requests that we're getting from European drivers.

As for our currently scheduled events during the week, they're all posted on our schedule.

I'm done with practicing right now but I'll probably practice later 2-3 hours before the event, want to work on Monaco and Deep Forest.
Currently I am able to post 1.16s @ Autumn Ring/rev, 1.43s @ Monaco, and 1.25s @ Deep Forest/rev

I'd like to comment on last nights M3 GTR Challange race at Laguna last night.

First, good job, cmbeal317 ,for putting this series together for everyone. It was fun last night,even though sharkie lapped everyone:ouch::bowdown:.
Second, there were only 6 people that started the race:confused:. With an average of 35 SNAILS and growing I might add, in the league,we can do better than that. Not everyone is going to make it because of prior commitments,family(which should always come first) or just not interested but we can get at least 10 or 11 to race on a given Saturday night.
I know for me my number one focus is Sunday night but an endurance race prior to league night is great. Just focusing on tire wear,when should I pit,how many times,when should I use medium/hard tires,should I start with medium/hard. The stratagy of this series is fun!
This series is for every skill level and if you think your not good enough,you are:tup:. Next week is Daytona Road Course-40 laps and I promise who ever joins will have a good time:D

On another note, don't forget about tutoring on Thursday nights. They were on last Thursday night for 3 hrs tutoring. Thats awesome:cheers:
SNAIL_DIVISION1 Lounge start @ 10pm Eastern Thursdays.

Last edited:
I was very interested in beal's gtr race however Saturday nights aren't going to be good for me. If it was a day during the week, then I could 100% commit to it.

I like to paint my cars Royal Navy Blue Pearl and use dark grey/black rims.

Sorry for the delay everyone, but I've finally caught up on the color post! Please let me know I missed anyone's request or if you want to pick a color combination for yourself (preferably one that isn't similar to a combo that has already been picked).

I am not changing colors, Zero.

I have painted most of my "SNAIL cars" in green so I know they are broken in and unmodified.

Sorry for the delay everyone, but I've finally caught up on the color post! Please let me know I missed anyone's request or if you want to pick a color combination for yourself (preferably one that isn't similar to a combo that has already been picked).

I'm listed twice.

there were only 6 people that started the race:confused:. With an average of 35 SNAILS and growing I might add, in the league,we can do better than that.

The only reason I didn't race is that I can't commit to series type events because I can't guarantee that I'll be available and/or want to race for every race.

On the subject of colors... I dunno if I'll ever need them, but I shall choose anyway.

Flip Flop Yellow/Olympic Gold :sly:

Last edited:
I am not changing colors, Zero.

I have painted most of my "SNAIL cars" in green so I know they are broken in and unmodified.

Okay, cool. Hopefully you painted your cars in lime green and not dark green. We've got three drivers who picked dark green cars already. :crazy:

Back