The TOCA News Thread

• Thread starter Tom
  • 123 comments
Thats the plan gokartman. I am editing all of the races together, and then Tom is doing commentary.

I need someone to export their Race 1 replay onto a USB drive, send it to me on the PC so I can get it myself.

OFFICIAL POINTS STANDINGS:

OVERALL CHAMPIONSHIP:
R1OVRFinal.png

INDEPENDENTS CHAMPIONSHIP:
R1OVRIndy.png

TEAMS CHAMPIONSHIP:
R1OVRTeams.png

LEGENDS CHAMPIONSHIP:
R1OVRLegends.png

STEWARDS NEWS:
~GTP_PaulMac and Strawman_Andy both reprimanded for on and off-track conduct. Failiure to adhere may lead to to further penalties.

OTHER NEWS:
~GTP_DaxCobra is first in TOCA's 65 race history to score a triple of TOCA race victories.

~Sumo098 has his worst results in his TOCA career.

~15 car grids in all 3 races are a TOCA Record.

Copied from Main Thread, feel free to use Tom.

Looks like TOCA is back on the right tracks! 👍
Just to ask, would be there one more space for a Independent car?

"The Championship is a long way from over" - The Interview with VenoMMotorsports

Congratulations on the 1-2's and podiums guys, was it the result you were expecting?

Jake Ringwood: Honestly? No. I expected a race win, maybe two if we were lucky, but to get the first triple win in TOCA was just excellent. Neljack getting the two 2nd places was probably the biggest surprise, as he was struggling at this track in our tests.

Alex Coates: Personally no, expected to be more mid pack, I think having excellent race craft will stand out much more this season, more so than any other.

How did the Mazda feel in race-trim compared to pre-season testing?

Jake Ringwood: The car felt good. Stable, smooth and most importantly, fast. We only picked the Mazda because it was out choice for Season 4.1 and we didn't have time to do any testing for the new cars.

Alex Coates: Didnt really do any pre season testing, but yeah it felt great.

VenoMMotorsports obviously have a clear advantage on the field in these early stages, do expect to carry this momentum forward during the latter part of the season?

Jake Ringwood: I hope we do, but the championship is a long way from over. Judging by our performances back in the Swifts championship, me and neljack are strong at Autumn Ring, but it is clear that the next couple of tracks after Autumn Ring are not suited to our car. It will be important for me and neljack to get as many points as possible this weekend so we don't fall too far behind when the Scirocco's get some long straights. We will see.

Alex Coates: Of course I do, and I see no reason why not with Dax as a team mate.

Rumours are floating that might run a special "Simoncelli Tribute" paint scheme at Monza, can you clarify this?

Jake Ringwood: I am not sure, I will have to confirm it with Furinkazen, but I thought it would be a nice tribute to Simoncelli who sadly died last year.

Alex Coates: I believe its in the pipe line on Dax's side, Im not sure on my avaliablity this Saturday, I should be ok though.

Autumn Ring this weekend, hopeful of a repeat of Cape Ring?

Jake Ringwood: It would be perfect if we could replicate Cape Ring, and of course I want nothing more than to win, but I will be happy as long as I get some decent points.

Alex Coates: Assuming I can make it, cant see why not if I can qualify reasonably high, a lot of people appeared to struggle in quali at cape ring, I doubt that'll happen this time around.

Will team-orders come into play if the championship is at stake?

Jake Ringwood: Ask neljack.

Alex Coates: Lol, hell no. Certainly not at this stage.

How do you intend to develop the car during the season?

Jake Ringwood: As long as we can get a good aggressive set up for each round, that should suffice. I am pretty good at setting cars up, and neljack is good at making coffee so all is good.

Alex Coates: Usual setup work at various race tracks, might be a case of changing the regulations on the side of the VW's if we want to win at the tracks with long straights.

Good Luck and we'll see you on the grid for Round 2!

Jake Ringwood: See you there, Tom.

Last edited:
I remember coming sooooooooo close to doing the Treble at the first ever TOCA meet. Unfortunately, I went off at the long banked left-hander at Cape Ring Inside and came 2nd in the 3rd race. :ouch:

DK
TBH, I call Carbonox "Mika Carbonen" when I'm commentating...to myself. *foreveralone.jpg*

Lol, just saw that. :D

Any background story for the name, other than the obvious fact that our double champion is indeed called Mika? ;)

TOCATUBE

Work on TOCATube has officially begun!!!

After a small setback with finding a working replay, I have finally started.

There, have some news.

Jake and VenoMMotorsports Continues Dominance
VenoMMotorsports continued their dominance of TOCA's Season 4.2 by winning a further two out of three rounds at the Italian Autumn Ring circuit. The Mazda has shown fantastic pace during the first two rounds, however it is expected to struggle at tracks with longer straights such as Monza and High Speed Ring. Second driver Alex Coates was not present at the event last weekend.

Kartman Takes Debut Victory for TC Engineering
TC Engineering took their maiden victory at Round 2 with Kartman taking home the goods. TC Engineering are the only team in the field running the Infiniti and they are proving that they have the pace to win again this season with strong results from both drivers in all three races. The G35 is the only RWD car competing in TOCA this season, and it's advantages are showing with quick off the line pace and fantastically sharp handling. An interview with Kartman is expected at a later date.

Volkswagen improve, whilst Volvo and Mini struggle
The Volkswagen Scirocco has again shown strong pace, with strong mid-field results from Team JPS at the Autumn Ring. The Scirocco's are expected to show strong performances at the faster tracks such as Monza. However, the same cannot be said for the Mini Countryman and Volvo C30 as they struggled with pace at Round 2, with the Mini being up to three seconds off the pace. However TOCA has proven to be very unpredictable this season and they may surprise us after all.

Paulmac Stretches Independent Title Lead
Independent Mazda driver Paulmac has increased his lead in the race for the Independent Title. Having struggled at Round 1, Paul showed his true pace in the Mazda by scoring consistent points. Arch-rival Strawman Andy took a shock decision to quit the series after recurring incidents last Saturday. Biffy is lined up as his replacement for the remainder of the season.

Tom
Jake and VenoMMotorsports Continues Dominance
VenoMMotorsports continued their dominance of TOCA's Season 4.2 by winning a further two out of three rounds at the Italian Autumn Ring circuit. The Mazda has shown fantastic pace during the first two rounds, however it is expected to struggle at tracks with longer straights such as Monza and High Speed Ring. Second driver Alex Coates was not present at the event last weekend.

cockerel.jpg

you could have a video saying the pressure is on, have a intense song with clips of mistakes and lock ups

Right now we are focussing on making it like a highlight video, so commentary only.

End of season summary may have that though.

Yeah, a couple special compilations. I'll use my magic to do a End-Of-Season compilation.

Simple, Movie Maker. Take the video files and edit them together. Video-editing is somewhat a strength of mine.. ;)

Back