The TOCA News Thread

• Thread starter Tom
  • 123 comments
Tom
:guilty: Would you like to take it to PM's?

No thanks. I'd rather drown myself in a sea of Dax's tears (also known as Monza rain) from VW not being penalised.

(Sorry Dax, need to cheer myself up somehow..)

Good News! The Dacia Sandero...

Three Races, Three Winners
It was TOCA's best weekend in racing last time out in Monza. With three different drivers taking the spoils. Perhaps the biggest surprise though, was the return of TOCA Veteran JB. Who claimed victory at Race 1, which was his first race since Season 2. Race 2 provided some uncertainty as the clouds loomed overhead, the threat of rain never materialised however. Dax took victory by an eye-watering +0.002 in the Mazda, which was expected to struggle at the faster tracks. However, for Race 3, the heavens opened just before the race start which meant different tyre choices all over the grid. Intermediates were the obvious choice, but if the rain didn't ease up then the drivers on wets would capitalise on this. Which is exactly what happened, with the Honda of DK taking victory, Alex Kazen finishing a very strong second and neljack rounding off the podium in third.

And Bang!
Monza started off with a bang at Race 1, with a massive multi-car pile-up causing carnage at Turn 1. Whilst many positions were lost, the coveted "Most Positions Lost in One Corner at TOCA Event Award Prize. Award" went to JPS Driver Tom Brooks, who went from 2nd to last but managed to show a strong determind drive finishing in a respectable 9th place.

DK Takes First Overall Victory as an Independent
Independent driver DK claimed the first overall victory for an independent driver in TOCA this season. The Honda driver took a very risky gamble by starting Race 3 on wets which ultimately paid off by taking the chequered flag after an astonishing 13 lap drive. Meanwhile, Paulmac extended his independent championship lead, despite mediocre results at Monza. Paul has a 9-point advantage over 4th placed neljack in the overall championship and a 28-point lead in the independent championship.

More setbacks for TOCATube

DaxCobra has reportedly downloaded GT-A and played that instead of continuing on TOCATube.

So, yeah.

TOCATube Back On Track

DaxCobra has reportedly stopped playing GT-A and is working on TOCATube as we we speak.

So, yeah.

TOCA Season 5 Officially Confirmed for late June 2012!!! More information to come!

24 races, 8 meetings, 4 cars, even more of a greater challenge. TOCA is going to be re-born, back to its former glory! WATCH THIS SPACE!!

TOCA Season 5 is go!
After various setbacks for season 4/4.2, TOCA is back and set to be better than ever! A new, fully realistic calendar and modified closer car list means that TOCA will be closer and better fought than ever. However, not everyone is happy as Jake Ringwood (Season 4.2 Champion) quit the series only minutes after entering due to a disagreement between himself and the event organiser. He declined to comment on the matter.

Shock as Coates quits VenoMMotorsports!
Alex Coates made a shock announcement that he was quitting VenoMMotorsports after signing with Death by Carbon Racing prior to the season start. Alex played a crucial role last season, by assisting Venom to the constructors championship. He was quoted as saying "Carb made an offer too good to refuse". VenoMMotorsports will not return as a team for this season.

Season 5 to be Brooks' last at JPS?
Another factor that may play a key role in the championship this season could be the departure of Tom Brooks from the Team JPS squad. His contract is up at the end of the season and he has no current option to renew it. Brooks has been with Team JPS (formerly FTR) since Season 4 and has enjoyed some strong results in the Volvo and Volkswagen. A spokesperson said that "Tom's contract is up at the end of the season and his manager is in negotiations for renewing it". Third driver LanceVance is expected to replace him should a deal not be reached.

*cough* I think me and kartman in a team for this season is more interesting then you leaving Furi's team next season.;)

And the V8 guys coming back, ideally every team should have a report.

*cough* I think me and kartman in a team for this season is more interesting then you leaving Furi's team next season.;)

And the V8 guys coming back, ideally every team should have a report.

Season preview and interviews will come along 👍

Do I?

Never raced but was your test driver last season.

Drivers eligible for rookie of the year (an unofficial title):

Haitch (Team Honda)
Chqr (Banana Motorsports Nissan, made only 3 starts in S3, I count drivers with less than 3 rookies)
Gorsad (GR Racing Honda)
DrifterJoe (Indy Nissan)
LanceVance (JPS Ford, when he fills in)

Furinkazen
Drivers eligible for rookie of the year (an unofficial title):

Haitch (Team Honda)
Chqr (Banana Motorsports Nissan, made only 3 starts in S3, I count drivers with less than 3 rookies)
Gorsad (GR Racing Honda)
DrifterJoe (Indy Nissan)
LanceVance (JPS Ford, when he fills in)

Haven't had a single start even though I've signed up for two seasons as a full driver..

But I may or may not be involved in this.

Pre-Season Car Interviews
We sat down with a few drivers to ask them how the car is feeling going into the season. Here's what they said:

Alex Coates (Mazda): Sexual.

DK (Ford): It actually feels quite balanced. The front wheels don't seem too eager to spin themselves to oblivion, for once.

Alex Kazen (Volvo): Pretty good.

JB (Volvo): We're on LSD so we're floating thanks. :D

Carbonox (Mazda): Don't know yet, I'm too obsessed with NASCAR to do testing right now. :D

Luke Connolly (Ford): Like a car.

Alex Purchase (Honda): It drives brilliantly.

Last edited:
Back