The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
Is it not similar to the Lotus Renault F1 team? Essentially it is Renault car and team sponsored heavily by Lotus right?

Thanks for clearing that up Ade, so Lotus are like a 'sponsor' for Rebellion like back in the day when Marlboro were McLaren sponsors?

Yeah, something along those lines. This is last years Rebellion racing Lola LMP1.

rebellion_racing_12_hr.jpg

The Lotus LMP2 has a different engine than the Rebellion.

Is it not similar to the Lotus Renault F1 team? Essentially it is Renault car and team sponsored heavily by Lotus right?

Yeah, but the sponsorship came to an end a couple of months ago, however the team have permission to continue using the name until 2017.

Last edited:
Apart from the numbers on the cars, it might be a bit confusing during the race as both LMP1 and 2 cars share the same shape and liveries! :eek: (almost)

Apart from the numbers on the cars, it might be a bit confusing during the race as both LMP1 and 2 cars share the same shape and liveries! :eek: (almost)

Just remember that the Lotus has the Union Jack on the rear wing end plates and you should be alright, apart from at night.:odd:

Its only 3 weeks until S2 of The Sunday Cup gets under way. Who is looking forward to it?

RACE1.png

S2REGISTEREDDRIVERS.png

Dont forget, there will be one more friendly race before S2 gets underway. Next Sunday we will give our new Elises one more outing before the real season gets underway.

FRIENDLY-4.png

17THJUNE-1.png

Off topic, well done Lotus F1 team on P2 in tonights F1.

F1 SPOILER AHEAD. dont read if you dont want to know results

[
283642_10151174686138154_1580941806_n.jpg

Last edited:
Heritage2.png

MeIntroSC3.png

Introducing my collection of online cars used throughout the Sunday Cup

Logo1.png

Season 1 - 1996 Lotus Elise RM

SC1Elise1.png

SC1Elise2.png

Logo1.png

Season 2 - 2004 Lotus Elise 111R RM

SC2Elise1.png

SC2Elise2.png

Logo1.png

Season 3 - 2009 Lotus Evora

SC31-1.png

SC32-1.png

Logo1.png

Last edited:
Lovely pictures there Omnius, you've put a lot of effort into it and it shows!

And off course, I'll be there this sunday for the final practice race. 👍

Haven't had any time to be online lately, let alone practice, so I'll need the milages. :grumpy:
(and have the maiden run in my Lambo for GT 3.5 and have a crack at the academy) :indiff:

I'm working Sunday and would like to attend but not sure if I can get back in time. So if it's ok would it be ok to join the room and watch if I'm late?

Joylord
I'm working Sunday and would like to attend but not sure if I can get back in time. So if it's ok would it be ok to join the room and watch if I'm late?

The way we roll J I'm expecting Ade will wait (if it's not to late!)

Thanks Stephen but I couldn’t be precise with the time. I have taken three setups from the forum which I haven’t tried since the last race we had, as the last one I had the car was just terrible online.

No problem, I will stick to the timetable, and if you think you can make it nearly on time, let me know and we will wait. I have added you to the line up.

LINEUP.png

qualifyingtimetable.png

As we know, Joylord suffered a disconnection in the last race, so to minimise any connection issues please see the below room rules.

RULES.png

These rules are now in the OP as well.

Please note, I will not be holding a practice session on Saturday for this race, as I shall be watching Le mans, but please feel free to run a session amongst yourselves.

Well the 80th Le Mans is almost here, good to see Rebellion Racing 8th & 9th overall and class, but sad news for Lotus, 31st overall and 18th in class :(

Also I didn't know Lotus were only running 1 car??? Anyway here's hoping for a good race!

Hi everybody!

I'm in for the SC friendly race. :)

I think the combination of the high speed at the Ring and the sports tires (specially when there are two sorts at the same time on track) will challange our skills in beeing patient, e.g. when overtaking.

Really looking forward to Sunday! :) 👍

Well the 80th Le Mans is almost here, good to see Rebellion Racing 8th & 9th overall and class, but sad news for Lotus, 31st overall and 18th in class :(

Also I didn't know Lotus were only running 1 car??? Anyway here's hoping for a good race!

I may put a tent up, and light a BBQ, just to capture the spirit of being there. Should be an interesting and long weekend, then we have the friendly race to look forward to after it finishes.👍

Hi everybody!

I'm in for the SC friendly race. :)

I think the combination of the high speed at the Ring and the sports tires (specially when there are two sorts at the same time on track) will challange our skills in beeing patient, e.g. when overtaking.

Really looking forward to Sunday! :) 👍

You are added to the grid for Sundays Friendly race at HSR.

Richyboy can't make the race now, as he is taking part in a Lemans race, but Not4A4 should be joining us for this friendly, so we may have 11 for this event.👍

sundaycupf.png

Gentlemen, I'm sorry but I have to cancel my participation in tomorrow's race.
I don't like to commit to something and then cancel, but I cannot attend.
I wish you a lot of fun and can't wait for the results (and the winning stategy as I have one thought out ...)

All the best.
Cobani

Maybe someone can save the replay for me ... Pretty please.

Ade, if you have room for me in tomorrows race I'd like to take part. If not I'll watch Denmark - Germany so please let me know atleast before the game starts.

Almost forgot, my car is Matte Purple and ofc nr. 3 if it's free to use.
:cheers:

Busy watching the Le Mans 24, shame Rebellion or Lotus don't seem to be getting any screen time! :(

Hell of a race though for P1 in the GTE Pro class with the Aston and ZR1!!!! 👍

Ade, if you have room for me in tomorrows race I'd like to take part. If not I'll watch Denmark - Germany so please let me know atleast before the game starts.

Too bad that I will not race you tomorrow Cobrius, but is this a one off or are you on track for the championship?

I can't believe Sweden got beat the other night! Gutted :banghead:

(Since I dont care for any of the current England line-up, I've been following my Scandinavian friends' progress in the Euros)

Busy watching the Le Mans 24, shame Rebellion or Lotus don't seem to be getting any screen time! :(

Hell of a race though for P1 in the GTE Pro class with the Aston and ZR1!!!! 👍

#3 AUDI. Why cant we do that in GT. Get out and pull bits off, then go back to the pits. Awesome race.

Well just set damage to heavy. If you bust up against the wall the entire car icon lights up red and you have to crawl to the pit to get it fixed (in record time) :sly::sly::sly:

Back