The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
My standard setup didn't seem to go to well, hope you dont mind if i try your setup Ade.

Not at all. Thats why I posted it. I am going to try and get the real life set up when I go back to work next week, and then post it on here. I have added you to the grid for the 18th June.👍

Hi

I'd like to join looks like a nice series, I might not be able to join some of the races but would try to make them all.
Sunday nights is the main night I can get on GT5 and the lotus is a fun little car.

I'll get a picture of my car on later in the week (forgot to get it tonight sorry).

I'll choose number 96 if thats ok seen as though 33's gone.

Ok racers, there has been a rethink about the friendly race on June 17th.
It will not take place at Autumn ring mini reverse now. Its not Autumn, and its a really tricky track in the Elise, as there is nowhere to overtake, and its too short.
Instead we will have 1 race at HIGH SPEED RING, using SPORTS HARD as the option tyre.

FRIENDLY-4.png

qualifyingtimetable.png

regfriendly-3.png

Hi

I'd like to join looks like a nice series, I might not be able to join some of the races but would try to make them all.
Sunday nights is the main night I can get on GT5 and the lotus is a fun little car.

I'll get a picture of my car on later in the week (forgot to get it tonight sorry).

I'll choose number 96 if thats ok seen as though 33's gone.

Have sent a FR on PSN, welcome to the Sunday Cup.

Last edited:
Put me down please Ade 👍 I'll need as much practice as I can get judging by the performances of last weeks race race. Also thanks for the kind words about myself, Third and Goodwolf you made to Jim 👍 👍 I really appreciate it coming from you who seems to be faster than ever.

Put me down please Ade 👍 I'll need as much practice as I can get judging by the performances of last weeks race race. Also thanks for the kind words about myself, Third and Goodwolf you made to Jim 👍 👍 I really appreciate it coming from you who seems to be faster than ever.

regfriendly-3.png

Done, please note the change of venue for this race.

Last edited:
Hi Ade, do you guys get together for practice some nights? Might pop my head in for a bit of competitive racing if you can accommodate me :)👍

Hi Ade, do you guys get together for practice some nights? Might pop my head in for a bit of competitive racing if you can accommodate me :)👍

Hello Captain. The Sunday Cup is every 2 weeks starting July 1st, and on the Sundays in between several of us will be taking part in the new SUNDAY GT 3.5 CUP.

We also race every Friday in CORE GT

There are going to be practice sessions on the Saturday evenings before race day. All the information about the car and regs is in the OP.

Please feel free to drop by for the friendly race on June 17th at 8.00pm.

FRIENDLY-4.png

Just also realized that I had the date wrong for this when I first posted it. I blame the wife for not turning the calender page over since March. So its June 17th, not June 18th, which would have made it The Monday Cup:crazy:

Last edited:
You changed it to high speed ring then eh? Nice, autumn ring mini wasn't my cup of tea to be honest haha. Much prefer the full circuit.

You changed it to high speed ring then eh? Nice, autumn ring mini wasn't my cup of tea to be honest haha. Much prefer the full circuit.

Yeah, I had a handful of laps round Autumn ring mini reverse last night, and it just didnt seem right. Couldnt get any real pace going in the Elise. Also, I cant recall having one single online race at HSR since playing prologue, so I thought that a blast from the past would be good.

Last edited:
I will be getting some odds on more than one of us getting into a MASSIVE drift in the first corner:sly::lol:(sports hard COOL)

Yeah, I had a handful of laps round Autumn ring mini last night, and it just didnt seem right. Couldnt get any real pace going. Also, I cant recall having one single online race at HSR since playing prologue, so I thought that a blast from the past would be good.
Yea, i could hardly ever do full throttle around the track. And i was wondering about overtaking as welll, i mean, the straight isn't long enough i don't think, unless someone makes a mistake on the exit or entry of the corner.

Well, was it the settings or was it the track???

Stick me down me owld mucker! Using those settings above, I've got a 1:11.845 out of a set of primes (offline)

👍 See you for the friendly!

Stick me down me owld mucker! Using those settings above, I've got a 1:11.845 out of a set of primes (offline)

👍 See you for the friendly!

You sure will. I think my time was a 1:10.7xx when I tried last night.

17THJUNE-1.png

Also, there has been a small tweak to the tyre regulations. Nothing major, just something that Omnius picked up on. Please have a look in the OP and if anyone has any questions, just ask.

TYREOPTION-2.png

Last edited:
Finnaly got round to getting the picture of my car, you can put me down for the 17th if thats ok.

PSN:GTP_Hasslemoff (my other account currently running 24hrs lemans)

7164088999_5b17dc3581_z.jpg

Just one question is tunning of the L.S.D and transmission allowed aswell as suspension, sorry if says it in the post didint see it.

Last edited:
Just one question is tunning of the L.S.D and transmission allowed aswell as suspension, sorry if says it in the post didint see it.

You can tune transmission, suspension, brakes and aero, but not LSD. The car has to have the standard LSD installed, not the customizable one.👍

I will add you to the list of drivers for 17th.

You can tune transmission, suspension, brakes and aero, but not LSD. The car has to have the standard LSD installed, not the customizable one.👍

I will add you to the list of drivers for 17th.

Cheers just double checking 👍

Cheers just double checking 👍

I have added you to the list of drivers for the 17th and added you to the driver standings table in the OP. In the OP you will also see all the regs regarding tyres for each race, and the performance upgrades that become available every 2 races.👍

Just wondering what times you guys are getting at HSR i managed a 1:12.465 on sports hard.

I got a 1:10.720 on the mediums, and a 1:12.245 on the hards. It will be good if everyone is hitting this sort of pace.

Edit..1:12.152 on the hards. That is with the DS3, and offline. PSN down:mad:

Last edited:
I managed a 1:11.960 just now, be tricky to get that sort of pace constantly especially in a race situation. Have you changed.your setup since cape ring? I've been using the same setup for a while now and it seems pretty versatile although it's a setup where you need to be smooth with the throttle for decent times.

Have you changed.your setup since cape ring?

No, same set up. I know what you mean about being smooth with the throttle, especially on the SH tyres. A bit too much, too quick and the car lets you know.

I'm confused :confused:

Looking at this years LM24, LMP1 & 2 class..... Lotus is in both but only as 'Lotus' in the LMP2 class, even though the livery on the Rebellion Racing LMP1 cars is the same??? Just not down as Lotus...

534158_326990110711665_1550507195_n.jpg

13-REBELLION-RACING-%28CHE%29-Lola-B12-60-Coupae---Toyota-02112801-023_n.jpg

205256_326990300711646_62627544_n.jpg

31-LOTUS-%28DEU%29-Lola-B12-80-Coupae---Lotus-02112801-024_n.jpg

Not to mention the LMP2 'Lotus' is down as German????

Last edited:
I'm confused :confused:

Looking at this years LM24, LMP1 & 2 class..... Lotus is in both but only as 'Lotus' in the LMP2 class, even though the livery on the Rebellion Racing LMP1 cars is the same??? Just not down as Lotus...

Rebellion racing are a privateer team racing in LMP1 using the Lotus badged Lola/Toyota. Nick Hiedfeld is one of their Drivers.

http://www.rebellion-racing.com/#

Not to mention the LMP2 'Lotus' is down as German????

The Lotus team are LMP2, and have 2 german drivers.

http://www.lotus-lmp2.com/en/

Thanks for clearing that up Ade, so Lotus are like a 'sponsor' for Rebellion like back in the day when Marlboro were McLaren sponsors?

Back