Nurburging Tuner Challenge - Results & Prizes Announced! Page 19

• Thread starter JackWilson
  • 390 comments
Nice, thanks a lot. I'll wait the first sentence , just to see if my (not tested) HSC is at least drivable with this tires. Must be very tricky but fast. Let's see :):)

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The car handles great but there are a few corners where it tries to kill you.

The car handles great but there are a few corners where it tries to kill you.

Nice , i was expecting this more or less.:) What part of the turns the car reveal his killer instinct:nervous: ? entry ? mid? out corner?
The car have the same sport soft tune only with a lower accel LSD to make it safer out corner. I thought it would be enough.
Let's wait for the testers driveing the cars and see what happen !!:)

Thanks for the feedback.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Is there a place for another test driver?

I had such great fun driving your cars on the previous challenges :)

Yep, plenty of room for more testers. I knew this would grab your attention. 👍 :D

This is a great new and great test driver entry. Good luck my friend, you're a lucky man , i dream about GT, i miss my wheel a lot.:nervous:

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

This is a great new and great test driver entry. Good luck my friend, you're a lucky man , i dream about GT, i miss my wheel a lot.:nervous:

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Thx mate!, i hope everything is going well for you :), and i hope to see you back behind the wheel soon! 👍

Auto Racing Special Edition V2
Based on the Lotus Elise 111R '04

nrburgringnordschleifei.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife1r.jpg

Found in the New Car Dealership

274bhp
500pp
xxx ft. lb. @xx00 RPM of torque
weight 879 Kg

parts

Auto
Oil Change
Paint - Cobalt Blue Metallic(a)
Rear Aero
weight Reduction
None
Engine
Stock
Intake
Stock
Exhaust
Racing
Manifold
Catalytic
Turbo
High RPM
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
Driveshaft
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Sport Hard (S1)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Downforce - 20
Weight Adjustment: 19 @ -50
LSD- 16/21/7

GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 130
1st - 3.590
2nd - 2.725
3rd - 2.115
4th - 1.700
5th - 1.415
6th - 1.175
Final - 3.400
Adjust for speed using final gear

Ride Hight - Front: -20 Rear: -8
Spring Rate- Front: 5.2 Rear: 8.0
Extention- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 2
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Camber- Front: 1.7 Rear: 2.5
Toe Angle- Front: -0.12 Rear: 0.10
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 5

TUNER NOTES -
A reworked A.R.S.E. tune made just for the 'Ring, and This shootout. Enjoy :dopey:

sangalganoabbey.jpg

Ok, I guess I can't resist :crazy: sign me up as a tester (GTP_smrtb0mb). I've been running between 7:35-40 with my usual suspects and it doesn't seem tooo hard to evaluate a car within 2-3 laps.

Auto Racing Special Edition V2
Based on the Lotus Elise 111R '04

Found in the New Car Dealership

274bhp
500pp
xxx ft. lb. @xx00 RPM of torque
weight 879 Kg

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Downforce - 20
Weight Adjustment: 19 @ -50
LSD- 16/21/7

GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 130
1st - 3.590
2nd - 2.725
3rd - 2.115
4th - 1.700
5th - 1.415
6th - 1.175
Final - 3.400
Adjust for speed using final gear

Ride Hight - Front: -20 Rear: -8
Spring Rate- Front: 5.2 Rear: 8.0
Extention- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 2
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Camber- Front: 1.7 Rear: 2.5
Toe Angle- Front: -0.12 Rear: 0.10
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 5

TUNER NOTES -
A reworked A.R.S.E. tune made just for the 'Ring, and This shootout. Enjoy :dopey:

sangalganoabbey.jpg

Hello my friend. I know very well your car from the last "TOSS' Touge Tuner Shootout ". I see you've just change a few things for the ring and it must be for sure a fantastic car. I remember that i love the touge tune and it was my driver choice at this time.
I never drove it on the ring but it must be the same very nice car with the little change you've done.
Good luck my friend.

Hello my friend. I know very well your car from the last "TOSS' Touge Tuner Shootout ". I see you've just change a few things for the ring and it must be for sure a fantastic car. I remember that i love the touge tune and it was my driver choice at this time.
I never drove it on the ring but it must be the same very nice car with the little change you've done.
Good luck my friend.

I am looking forward to driving this car, I remember the positive feedback from the touge shootout. I'm sure this is going to be a blast to drive.

I have tested Praiano's & LineR32's cars, both are in the 7:40.xxx's. Very different cars with very different handling characteristics, but still so little between them in terms of lap times.

BMW M3 CSL '03

-Pic coming soon.-

360HP/7500rpm @ 4,279 miles
286ft-lb/5000rpm
1274 kg
500PP

Parts List

GT Auto
Engine Overhaul
Chassis Maitenence
Painted in Lagunaseca Blau from BMW
BBS LM-R painted in Schwarz from Volkswagen

Body/Chassis
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Ballast: N/A

Engine
Power Limiter: 96.8%

Intake System
N/A

Exhaust
N/A
Turbo Kits
N/A

Transmission
Fully Customizable Transmission

Drivetrain
Clutch: Twin Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft

Suspension
Fully Customizable Kit

Tires
Sports Hard

Tune

LSD
8/14/7

Transmission
(In this order)
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 193
1st Gear - 3.165
2nd Gear - 2.255
3rd Gear - 1.737
4th Gear - 1.383
5th Gear - 1.136
6th Gear - 0;.965
Final Gear - 3.620

Suspension
Ride Height - -10/0
Spring Rate - 12.7/11.1
Dampers (Extension) - 8/6
Dampers (Compression) - 6/5
Anti-Roll Bars - 5/3

Camber Angle - 2.2/1.8
Toe Angle - -0.06/0.21

Brakes
Balance Adjustment - 7/4

Final Notes
Frustratingly fun car. It handles superbly, occasionally oversteering a bit/turning into a D1 car. It's quick, nimble, and has plenty of power to boot. Car is on share.

praiano63
Good luck my friend.

Jackthalad
I am looking forward to driving this car, I remember the positive feedback from the touge shootout. I'm sure this is going to be a blast to drive.

Thank you both. It most likely will not be the fastest, but I do enjoy the drive :dopey:

Ok, I guess I can't resist :crazy: sign me up as a tester (GTP_smrtb0mb). I've been running between 7:35-40 with my usual suspects and it doesn't seem tooo hard to evaluate a car within 2-3 laps.

I will sign you up then. 3-4 laps is usually enough for me to put them to the test but if I mess up I will run as many laps necessary until I get a decent clean lap with the car.

Also made a small adjustment to the Tester rules.
Tester Rules
All testing is to be done on Nurburgring Nordschliefe offline.
You are required to run as many laps untill you feel you have gotten the most that you can get out of the car.
Take note of your fastest lap with each car, along with a rating out of 10. I will then take an average from all the testers results to decide the winner.

Submission Example
Tuner A - Honda S2000
Fastest Lap - 07:35.634
Rating - 9/10
Feedback - Optional

Last edited:
I'm running around 7:52:xxx, which shouldn't be too bad I hope, as I'm running off once or twice in the lap...

Well, that will add some time to your lap. :dopey:

I find if I cross the split marker just after Adenauer-Forst (if my map reading is correct) at 1:55, then I'm on for a 7:35. If it's more like 1:57-58, then it'll be 7:40+.

Thank you both. It most likely will not be the fastest, but I do enjoy the drive :dopey:

I started testing tonight, just did 3 laps and started with your Elise 111R :dopey:
It feel really good, chirurgical steering response and you can really feel the car, it will oversteer quick on some area if you accelerate too soon out of some corners but its predictable and manageable once you get the used to the car, so far its really nice.

I just need to run a clean lap with it, i think i nailed the critical area, just need to smoothened the line and shave some more tenths. :)

For those interested, I'll be hosting a Time Attack / Touge Tournament Bracket this weekend and all are welcome to partake. There are 16 slots in total and 4 are filled.

I'll be hosting practice/tryout lobbies throughout the week for y'all to test your might against the other hopefuls and see where you stand. If all goes well, this will be a regular occurrence!

So, I am running some practice laps with my own 500pp cars to get in shape for the shootout, and this Z06 C5 gave me a surprise. Only 1 second off my best laps with an Evora & NSX!

Not sure if anyone's chosen it yet (hint :))

Anyway if you want to sit through a video of a very average DS3 user hacking his way around the ring and spot any intentional mistakes that I could be correcting before testing your cars, it would be much appreciated. :D

Last edited:
Anyway if you want to sit through a video of a very average DS3 user hacking his way around the ring and spot any unintentional mistakes that I could be correcting before testing your cars, it would be much appreciated. :D

How will we know which are the intentional mistakes? :dopey:

Well if I forget to shift up or hammer the gas and the back end almost slips out on me, then that's a mistake I would realize, but if I'm missing brake points or using a bad line or some other consistent mistake then I'm probably unaware of it. :)

Well switching to sport hard tires has pointed up another bad habit of mine. Although I suppose it could be argued it isn't a bad habit on sport soft tires since it was working.

I like to downshift quickly while braking to help the car rotate, which I find helps the car rotate too much on sport hard tires.

At first I couldn't figure out why the rear kept stepping out under braking. This car/tune is so planted on sport soft, I expected it to have less grip overall but I didn't expect such a dramatic change in balance.

I reduced the rear bias which helped a little. I stiffened the front compression and softened the rear extension, which also helped a little. I increased the value of the decel torque in the diff. Slight improvement if any.

So if "fixing" the car doesn't work it's obviously time to fix the driver. I started analyzing what I was doing and realized the quick downshifting had become a habit that I wasn't aware I was doing.

By waiting until the car was transitioned into the turn before downshifting I found the rear behaves and my balance is back.

"Razor M3" BMW M3 GTR '03
Created for the Nurburgring 500PP Street Car Tuner Challenge

m3gtr2.jpg

m3gtr3.jpg

354hp
1191kg
500PP

Tires: Sport Hard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Chassis Reinforcement
Ballast: 67kg Position -25

No power tuning parts installed
95% Power Limiter

Transmission: Fully Adjustable
1st 3.266
2nd 2.370
3rd 1.800
4th 1.430
5th 1.174
6th 0.969
Final 3.720

Clutch: Twin Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Race
Differential: Fully Adjustable
-Initial 10
-Accel 40
-Braking 20

Suspension: Fully Adjustable
-Height -7 -7
-SR 9.5 10.0
-DE 6 5
-DC 7 6
-AR 3 2

-Cmb 2.3 2.3
-Toe 0.05 0.10

Brakes: 5 3

Car is shared. FRs are sent.

Last edited:
Beast!
Can't wait to try this. What was your best time?

I've run a boatload of laps on sport soft tires and it's taking a while to adjust to the hards. I'm still very timid on the back half of the Nordschleife on sport hard tires. Once I get to the Karousel I start to back off because I'm afraid I'll make a mistake and ruin my lap.

So my fastest time (7:38) isn't impressive. :lol:

Do testers need to wait and post all laptime tested in same time, or i can start posting my results as i am done with one car? :)

Do testers need to wait and post all laptime tested in same time, or i can start posting my results as i am done with one car? :)

Go ahead and start posting them if you like, but I will be waiting to post them all at the same time.

Back