Nurburging Tuner Challenge - Results & Prizes Announced! Page 19

• Thread starter JackWilson
  • 390 comments
Yeah i was just wondering if people would prefer this or wait for all the time at once. :)

edit: i think i will wait, it will be easier to give a note after driving all of them, 2 cars done so far!

Anyway if you want to sit through a video of a very average DS3 user hacking his way around the ring and spot any intentional mistakes that I could be correcting before testing your cars, it would be much appreciated. :D

I watched a part of your video, i cant comment for the ds3 since i have no practice with it, but you can try to work on your braking/throttle transition,

In a lot of area you brake too hard, most of time too early, you can shave at least 5 seconds if you can make it smoother, try less brake it will also help you get a smoother racing line. :)

Last edited:
I may have missed it but are all concept cars allowed?
Testing cars currently and don't want to waste time testing a car I can't enter.:drool:

I may have missed it but are all concept cars allowed?
Testing cars currently and don't want to waste time testing a car I can't enter.:drool:

I was wondering that myself. The rules say "production road cars". That would seem to exclude concepts since they are not production cars.

Well there is already one concept entered so I wondered...and the OP said no Race/Rally/Tuner cars but didn't specify on concept cars.:odd:

I did say production road car's only which would mean no concepts, but seen as one has slipped past and I have already tested it, then I will have to allow them this time.
Concept Cars Allowed
Next comp will not allow them.

Yeah i was just wondering if people would prefer this or wait for all the time at once. :)

edit: i think i will wait, it will be easier to give a note after driving all of them, 2 cars done so far!
I have written the notes and results in wordpad on my pc. Then all I have to do is copy & paste it here when I'm done.

Suzuki GSX-R/4 Spec II Nür Edition
211 HP
124 ft-lb
712 KG

Install the following parts
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust

Ballast: 72,-18
Power Limiter: 95.0%
Transmission: Set up in order
Top Speed 230 (MPH)
1st 3.122
2nd 2.134
3rd 1.598
4th 1.247
5th 1.000
6th 0.822
Final 6.000
LSD: 17,48,22
Suspension:
-6 -6
13.1 9.8
8 8
8 8
5 5
1.2 1.0
-0.04 0.22
Brakes: 9,10

I have added all the testers

Thank you Mike, for taking the time to watch and give feedback. So far, I've gotten most of my laptime improvements by braking earlier... so it's interesting now I've got to start moving those brake points further up again. Good way to describe it, transitioning from brake to throttle. I can tell it will be difficult to improve on this, lol.

No problem :)

The main idea is to release the brake smoothly, so theres as less delay as possible before you get back into throttle, even it that sound slower it is not... hard to describe...

may be this video can help showing what im trying to describe.

I will run one more car tonight, did the Subaru WRX yesterday. :)

edit: Done with S2k2k3 M3 GTR :dopey:

I have a request for the tuners: :)
Please make sure your car dont need an oil change, i started with robrabbitman's M3 CSL and just when i had a good feel of it i found that i gained time on corners but would lose everything on the long up hill...

I was a 495pp with a lot less hp, i could raise the power limiter to 499pp from there but it was still losing power, i had to stop, i you can make sure the car will not lose any power after just a few miles it would be great.

Thank you!

Last edited:
211 HP
124 ft-lb
712 KG

Install the following parts
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust

Power Limiter: 95.0%
Transmission: Set up in order
Top Speed 230 (MPH)
1st 3.122
2nd 2.134
3rd 1.598
4th 1.247
5th 1.000
6th 0.822
Final 6.000
LSD: 17,48,22
Suspension:
-6 -6
13.1 9.8
8 8
8 8
5 5
1.2 1.0
-0.04 0.22
Brakes: 9,10

I have added all the testers

72 kg ballast is above the 5% allowed. this is more than 10%. But the Suzuki is a nice choice, for me the fastest 500PP on the ring, at least with sport soft tires.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I will run one more car tonight, did the Subaru WRX yesterday. :)

edit: Done with S2k2k3 M3 GTR :dopey:

So I guess he found the WRX tune happy and my tune dopey... :ill:

:lol:

72 kg ballast is above the 5% allowed. this is more than 10%. But the Suzuki is a nice choice, for me the fastest 500PP on the ring, at least with sport soft tires.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

At 500PP I have found nothing close.

But you're right about the ballast.

Last edited:
I have a request for the tuners: :)
Please make sure your car dont need an oil change, i started with robrabbitman's M3 CSL and just when i had a good feel of it i found that i gained time on corners but would lose everything on the long up hill...

I was a 495pp with a lot less hp, i could raise the power limiter to 499pp from there but it was still losing power, i had to stop, i you can make sure the car will not lose any power after just a few miles it would be great.

Thank you!

Odd, I had just re-overhauled it when I uploaded it, which included the oil change..
I'll take it down and re-overhaul it if I can just to make sure.
Edit: Weird, it even said it was still 360HP/500pp when it was online..

211 HP
124 ft-lb
712 KG

Sorry Jahgee but this is more than 5%

The car will not be accepted like this, you are allowed 35-36kg of ballast only for this car.

Once you make the changes I will add this to the OP, Thank You.

So I guess he found the WRX tune happy and my tune dopey... :ill:

:lol:

hehe may be yes, may be not! :D

robrabbit: at the start it had 360hp and 500pp, but after like 60km of use it had 495pp. I will retest tonight. :)

Greetings, I won't participate, but I have had many online races in this category.

declare senior Praiano the winner, it is no contest against the HSC :)

I have witnessed an insane time of 6:39s by some legendary driver, I forgot his name. It was a rare time to be seen.

I still struggle to achieve 6:49s at 505pp

Greetings, I won't participate, but I have had many online races in this category.

declare senior Praiano the winner, it is no contest against the HSC :)

I have witnessed an insane time of 6:39s by some legendary driver, I forgot his name. It was a rare time to be seen.

I still struggle to achieve 6:49s at 505pp

Too bad you cant participate, so far all car ive tested are under 6:39, some cars are very quick so far :)

Oups correction lol, its under 7:39 not 6:39...

You need racing soft to run under 7s.

Surely you guys mean 7:39, not 6:39? :lol:

Edit:
Thought so.... :lol:

My best time so far was a 7:36.xx with my car (not in this contest)
But I hope to get all cars under 7:40

I did some laps today and a couple of cars here really shined, but it got me wondering on what settings do you use? I ran all my laps with grip set to real and tyre wear enabled. Tyre wear is especially important since it affects the amount of grip quite a lot.

I hope all of you run with it on to keep the times comparable to each other. It's also nice to compare how the cars treat their tyres.

Also: Does anyone have Praiano's HSC shared?

OK8
I did some laps today and a couple of cars here really shined, but it got me wondering on what settings do you use? I ran all my laps with grip set to real and tyre wear enabled. Tyre wear is especially important since it affects the amount of grip quite a lot.

I hope all of you run with it on to keep the times comparable to each other. It's also nice to :I
compare how the cars treat their tyres.

Also: Does anyone have Praiano's HSC shared?

The op said nothing about tire wear. As long as you are consistent in all your tests its doesnt matter if other testers are using tire wear or not.

The op said nothing about tire wear. As long as you are consistent in all your tests its doesnt matter if other testers are using tire wear or not.
Generally unless the event organizer specifies tire wear on most Shootout testing won't be done using it. It's much harder to get consistent laps with tire wear on and generally hot lapping means doing multiple laps which can make things frustrating for the testers if they can't do more than a couple laps without having to get fresh tires. The Ring is especially hard on tires with wear enabled and because of it's length your likely to get only 1 or two laps at best on optimum tires. Remember tire wear in GT5 is greatly exaggerated vs real life.

I will put Praiano's HSC on share tomorrow.

Tyre wear is up to you but it is much easier to hot lap with the tyre wear off. I also keep grip reduction on normal too.

Unless its specified i will continue without the tire wear, but i understand your point about the tuning vs tire life.

As XDesperado said, as long as you are consistent with your testing, it will be alright, the overall of all laptimes will make the difference.

I run grip set to real as well.

:)

edit: i ran your car again robrabbitman, everything was alright , no loss of power. :)

Last edited:
I know tuners are full, but id like a chance to submit my tune. I'd really like to participate.

Sorry man but all places for tuners are full.

I can reserve you a spot for the next comp though. It will probably be 2 weeks after this one finishes.

Tested LineR32's Skyline :)

Just wanting to let all tuner know all the cars have been fun to drive so far, some really nice tune! 👍

edit: anyone willing to share Praiano's tune? i dont have the HSC. :(

I'm supposed to be sharing Praiano's HSC just haven't had time to get on ps3 yet. I will get it shared within a couple hours though.

Back