Nurburging Tuner Challenge - Results & Prizes Announced! Page 19

• Thread starter JackWilson
  • 390 comments
*taps feet impatiently*

Come on…Testers, I am very eagerly awaiting your results, so post something already! I don't give half a toss if it ain't done, just gimme something to read! :lol:

And mike, what time did my Garaiya do in your godly hands? Any videos for us this time? :D

Its not that bad, i will post results soon... :)
edit: so far the gap between the fastest and the slowest car is 12 seconds.

Not bad that everybody is within 12 seconds of the GSX-R/4. My ring-tuned gixxer is insanely fast.

Not bad that everybody is within 12 seconds of the GSX-R/4. My ring-tuned gixxer is insanely fast.

Ehh…I think the only GSX-R/4 was banned for breaching the ballast limitations, so really, we've got no real benchmark now.

I'm guessing either Krenkme's Elise, Praiano's HSC or one of the M3s are at the top, the Shelby somewhere in the middle with the RX8 (top half though), followed closely by the Scubie and my half-arse Garaiya will come home a smoky last or so. :lol:

Ehh…I think the only GSX-R/4 was banned for breaching the ballast limitations, so really, we've got no real benchmark now.

I'm guessing either Krenkme's Elise, Praiano's HSC or one of the M3s are at the top, the Shelby somewhere in the middle with the RX8 (top half though), followed closely by the Scubie and my half-arse Garaiya will come home a smoky last or so. :lol:

Oh yeah he was dq for ballast but never resubmitted.

Since we're guessing... I'd guess the 111R on top, then HSC. The others I won't guess. I know I tested several 4wd cars and never was able to get the balance, so I'm interested to see how the GT-R, Celica, and STi do. My favorite 4wd ring tune (STi Type C '04) has too much ballast for this competition.

And of course I'm very interested to see which M3 comes out on top.

Last edited:
Hmm…Interesting…I really doubt my Garaiya will do well in terms of time, even if it's supposedly a Japanese Elise. If I were to put my neck on the line with hard number guesses, I'd say from the cars alone:
1. HSC
2. 111R
3. M3 GTR
4. M3 CSL
5. RX8
6. GTR R32

But even then, the only certainties are the top 2 or 3. You know, you could have just posted here and we would have donated you a stock STi Type C, right? :P

I'm not ready to post any concrete results yet, but I'll just say that list is not how it's turning out for me so far. :dopey:

Good, that's good. If things go as I planned out, there's something very wrong going on with the world. :lol:

So…who's at the top as of now? Praiano?

What, that Nissan is better than the Shelby, even with the crapy tyres it comes with? :lol: Or are you talking about the Toyota?

You know, you could have just posted here and we would have donated you a stock STi Type C, right? :P

I have 6 or 7 of them. :lol:

But my ring tune uses full lightening and then lots of rear ballast to get a good weight distribution.

With the rules of this competition I couldn't get the car to rotate. So I "cheated" and picked a car with perfect weight distribution to begin with. ;)

I'm not ready to post any concrete results yet, but I'll just say that list is not how it's turning out for me so far. :dopey:

So the clot thickens...

The list you tried to guesstimate is really close to my results, not exactly the same order but close :D

It will depend what car suit the driving style also i guess so we will have different results from testers to testers, theres some cars that are tricky to get the best out of them.

The slowest one so far did under 7:35, if that can somewhat help waiting the results :crazy:
I have to go play golf with a friend then i'll come back testing the RX8. :)

Its a very close battle for last place, and a close battle for 1st place. :D

The list you tried to guesstimate is really close to my results, not exactly the same order but close :D

It will depend what car suit the driving style also i guess so we will have different results from testers to testers, theres some cars that are tricky to get the best out of them.

The slowest one so far did under 7:35, if that can somewhat help waiting the results :crazy:
I have to go play golf with a friend then i'll come back testing the RX8. :)

Its a very close battle for last place, and a close battle for 1st place. :D

I don't have any idea about how my HSC drive with sport hard. For sure it must be a very fast car but also a hard car to drive to the limit, the tune is a very well balanced sport soft tune not sport hard tires. I just hope people will enjoy their drive with it.
I'm not a player , i never bet anything in my life, but let's go ,just for the fun.
Overall classification
1. 111R & (gsxR)
2. HSC
3.GTR R32
4. M3 CSL
5 M3 GTR
6. RX8
7. Shelby Series One
8.garaya
9.Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX
10.Toyota Celica GT-FOUR.
I can't wait for this results,.... suspens is on...

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

If my tune is up there with the best of the best, then I have done well :D. I enjoy my car and find it fun to drive and that's all I wanted. FUN!!!!!

Thank you all for thinking it is fast, but a fun ride was all I was going for :dopey:

The Shelby was a backup tune for this competition if I'm honest, good thing I had one though, as my PS3 did get YLOD. Not expecting much of it. :lol:

Well I'm very relieved to hear Mike has gotten all the cars under 7:35 so far. Means even if my Celica ends up last it reached the target time I had for it.:crazy::lol:

Well I'm very relieved to hear Mike has gotten all the cars under 7:35 so far. Means even if my Celica ends up last it reached the target time I had for it.:crazy::lol:

My target was 7:30. So if some cars were under that then I'm still hopeful.

Yeah the Elise vs HSC is interesting, it's hard to keep the HSC on the track but it's soo fast. The Elise lets you drive as hard as you want all the way around.

And just so people don't get their hopes up too high... I will not be getting anywhere near 35s with the Impreza or Celica, ok? :lol:

Yeah the Elise vs HSC is interesting, it's hard to keep the HSC on the track but it's soo fast. The Elise lets you drive as hard as you want all the way around.

And just so people don't get their hopes up too high... I will not be getting anywhere near 35s with the Impreza or Celica, ok? :lol:

Everyone understands Mike is an alien and his times won't be matched by any other testers. ;)

Aww...:(:lol:
Don't feel bad, between Ol'Harvey Wallbanger here being horrible at the ring, sick and the rough tune my best lap was an 8:05.xxx:drool:
Guess I should have qualified my earlier post and said my target time for ring aliens like Mike was a 7:35.:cheers:

I wanted to drive them at an equal pace, all of the time i will post later can be improved by more or less than 1 second faster with more time, but from there id need to spend a lot more time. :crazy:

Im sure OK8 and CSLACR will do very good as well 👍
I dont know the other driver so i cant say, good luck to all tuners :)

I will start the RX8 testing right now. :dopey:

edit: im trying to build the RX8, but with the parts described with the only broken-in RX-8 Type S '07 i have im getting 508pp with 389hp at 100% power limiter.

With power limiter down i have 365hp with 2.97kg/hp instead of the 2.95 it says in his description.

Last edited:
I wanted to drive them at an equal pace, all of the time i will post later can be improved by more or less than 1 second faster with more time, but from there id need to spend a lot more time. :crazy:

Im sure OK8 and CSLACR will do very good as well 👍
I dont know the other driver so i cant say, good luck to all tuners :)

I will start the RX8 testing right now. :dopey:

edit: im trying to build the RX8, but with the parts described with the only broken-in RX-8 Type S '07 i have im getting 508pp with 389hp at 100% power limiter.

With power limiter down i have 365hp with 2.97kg/hp instead of the 2.95 it says in his description.
Most likely a difference in mileage is the reason for the discrepancy.

Ive put the power limiter to keep it at 500PP, currently typing my comments :)

Lusitano, that 7:22.817 was on wich tires? Id like to see that run if its on sport hard without SRF.

Ok, heres my results, with more time i can improve each time by about one second, i feel they are all at the same pace for me. :)

Heres without the comments to make it easier to read:

1st
Tuner Praiano - Honda HSC '03
Fastest Lap - 07:19.708
Rating - 9.5/10
top speed - 291kmh

2nd
Tuner Krenkme - Lotus Elise 111R '04
Fastest lap - 07:20.457
Rating - 9.5/10
top speed - 269kmh hitting rev limiter once

3rd
Tuner Robrabbitman - BMW M3 CSL '03
Fastest lap - 07:22.225
Rating - 8/10
top speed - 278kmh hitting rev limiter

4th
Tuner S2k2k3/HaylRazor - BMW GTR '03 ''Razer''
Fastest lap - 07:25.117
Rating - 8.5/10
top speed - 264kmh hitting rev limiter once

5th
Tuner trackripper123 - Shelby Series one Super-Charged '03
Fastest lap - 07:25.274
Rating - 7.5/10
top speed - 281kmh

6th
SolidSnake7735 - Mazda RX-8 Type-S '08
Fastest lap - 07:26.368
Rating - 6.5/10
top speed - 281kmh

7th
Tuner LineR32 - Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II R32 '94
Fastest lap - 07:27.747
Rating - 7.5/10
top speed - 269kmh close to rev limiter

8th
Tuner NEWDRIVER2 - Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX STI Version VI '99
Fastest lap - 07:31.501
Rating - 6.5/10
top speed - 267kmh

9th
Tuner XDesperado67 - Toyota Celica GT-FOUR (ST205) '98, "N400 Edition"
Fastest lap - 07:32.612
Rating - 6.5/10
top speed - 281kmh

10th
Tuner Onboy123 - Autobacs Garaiya '00
Fastest lap - 07:32.771
Rating - 9/10
top speed - 263kmh

Heres with the comments:

1st
Tuner Praiano - Honda HSC '03
Fastest Lap - 07:19.708
Rating - 9.5/10
top speed - 291kmh

Comments: Cutting edge handling, require a lot of precision in steering, braking and acceleration, overall it will not lap any faster than Krenkme's Lotus Elise 111R, to get the best
out of this HSC you need to use its oversteer, not too much but just enought to enter some curves faster with some trail braking, its like driving wide open throttle near a cliff all
the time, one slight error will cost a lot where some other car will forgive more. If you enter a corner slightly too agressive and the car oversteer it will be hard to regain
traction without losing a lot of time in some corners.

The gearing is good, power is awesome, fastest car of the group, only thing i would change is add slightly more stability during high speed braking when you have to steer, its almost
perfect the way it is. Well done Praiano!

2nd
Tuner Krenkme - Lotus Elise 111R '04
Fastest lap - 07:20.457
Rating - 9.5/10
top speed - 269kmh hitting rev limiter once

comments: Just the right amount of oversteer, rear can lose grip quick but its predictable and a lot of fun! Good balance, gearing and stability under braking, well done!

3rd
Tuner Robrabbitman - BMW M3 CSL '03
Fastest lap - 07:22.225
Rating - 8/10
top speed - 278kmh hitting rev limiter

comments: Good all around tune, has more grip than the M3 GTR but when it lose grip its more brutal, less predictable when pushed beyond its limit especially at low speed.
Gearing is good, the main difference vs the M3 GTR is the power from 220kmh+ the CSL really pull away in the straights, this CSL also carry more speed on entry but you need
to be more accurate in your line vs the M3 GTR. You need really fast reflex to countersteer without affecting speed, once you get used to it its really nice though!

4th
Tuner S2k2k3/HaylRazor - BMW GTR '03 ''Razer''
Fastest lap - 07:25.117
Rating - 8.5/10
top speed - 264kmh hitting rev limiter once

comments: Very well tuned turn-in for both corner entry and exit, make the car feel like it has more downforce, but that increased turn-in seem to reduce corner speed (especially on corner entry)
in some way depending the curve, you really need to push to its limit to get a good laptime, but its fun, the car sound great and the gearing is good. Oversteer is proportionnal
to the agressiveness you drive, the further you keep pushing in corners it will start to lose grip more and more, after getting used to it you can use that oversteer in some
corners, Less powerful than the CSL but has more predictable feel, but that will cost some corner speed it seem in some area... Well done!

5th
Tuner trackripper123 - Shelby Series one Super-Charged '03
Fastest lap - 07:25.274
Rating - 7.5/10
top speed - 281kmh

Comments: Good mix of speed and grip, what i think would help this car is less rear downforce, when accelrating theres a lot of grip and the car tend to understeer slightly,
the car have some oversteer on braking, may be the wing was to help that, the main issue i had was to run consistant in transition between throttle and braking
without making the car unstable at the limit, less rear downforce with a more neutral brake bias instead of more in the rear would have make this car faster and
more predictable.handling over bumps was good, the gearing was okay, 3rd gear could been slightly shorter to help on some corner exit but overall a good car, well done!

6th
SolidSnake7735 - Mazda RX-8 Type-S '08
Fastest lap - 07:26.368
Rating - 6.5/10
top speed - 281kmh

Comments: Good all around car, great power and handling but theres some negative point about it, the stock gearing is horrible for the 'ring, the 2nd gear is too short and the 3rd
gear slightly too long, the gearing will affect the oversteer/understeer wich will cause on braking a good amount of oversteer in 2nd gear but some understeer in 3rd,
wich make the car less predictable, and when you need to use the 2nd gear the car slow down too much because its too short gear. The car also react too brutaly on
oversteer, you can get away with it with some micro-countersteer at the right moment wich are really nice when you get it right, but once it start to slide its hard to
keep it full control of it without losing time, the front seem too responsive also, a more progressive oversteer with a better gearing would have make a
difference in the outcome probably, at least for me. It was still a good fun, i feel there was more in it but i'd need more time.

7th
Tuner LineR32 - Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II R32 '94
Fastest lap - 07:27.747
Rating - 7.5/10
top speed - 269kmh close to rev limiter

Comments: Well tuned suspension, neutral, react really well over bumps and curbs, good transition from braking to acceleration the car react almost the same no surprise, you can feel the attention to detail in this tune.
On the other hand it could have a little more turn-in, theres a little too much understeer to my liking. Nothing really bad to say about this tune except slightly more
power to the rear would have benefit, a little more gearing would have been great also for more top speed. Well done

8th
Tuner NEWDRIVER2 - Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX STI Version VI '99
Fastest lap - 07:31.501
Rating - 6.5/10
top speed - 267kmh

comments: Unstable depending the speed and surface, on throttle it will moslty oversteer badly, the front end will not hold under mid to high speed corners, from high speed braking
it will tend to oversteer if you have to steer, it feel very light. High speed corners like the Planzgarten will also make it ''float'' and oversteer you need a good line to go
through that section wide open throttle. Low speed braking on tight curves will understeer, all in all it can go from understeer to oversteer back and forth depending the speed,
line, surface, agressiveness etc... I had some lap close to a second faster (theorical) but lost control from weird handling i did not expected from the car.

The gearing was good, you need to shift early, before 8000rpm theres tons of torque but not top end.

9th
Tuner XDesperado67 - Toyota Celica GT-FOUR (ST205) '98, "N400 Edition"
Fastest lap - 07:32.612
Rating - 6.5/10
top speed - 281kmh

Comments: Despite the fact this car probably has less turn-in than an airraft carrier i surprisingly liked to ride it around the Nordschleife, trying to brake soon enought
and have the right timing on acceleration to prevent going out of the track was the biggest challenge, it had very long braking distance like the car is pulling
something really heavy, with more tuning it could probably been better, its power helped it in the uphil sections, but like i said i still enjoyed driving it :)
well done!

10th
Tuner Onboy123 - Autobacs Garaiya '00
Fastest lap - 07:32.771
Rating - 9/10
top speed - 263kmh

Comments: Just like i expected it to be, fun to drive, very good corner exit, predictable and smooth, nice spring rate choice, may be slightly too much oversteer on some braking
area and when trying to exit a corner when you are going slightly too fast. i asmit i expected a better laptime but its not the tuner, its the car.
Its a tricky car to drive but really rewarding, not for laptime but for pure driving fun.
Well done!

Heres Krenkme's Lotus Elise run, i will try to upload more soon :)
7:20.457

Let me know if anything seem wrong i did that in a hurry,

congrats to all tuner it was a nice drive! 👍

Hi Mike

This was just for test prupose, testing the car for a Online race with my friends on Nur, 500PP. Online I use R3, and here I try with R3 too.

bmw-gtr03.jpg

I have the lap recorded that I can share with you on PSN if you want.

At this moment Im away from my PS.

Cheers

No problem, i was just curious if it was on sport hard tires :)

Very good times and very nice drive Mike, congrats. I'm happy to see my car at this position of course, i think the execptional driver you are is the main reason for this success but the 111R replay show all the good things i've told about this car since the touge shootout. It's a wonderfull tune.
This nordschleife replay remember me so much wonderfull sessions i had with this game :indiff::indiff:....
I would like to be a test driver too. Congrats everybody. Only very nice cars.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Back