Ronalds Reviews (current: Praianos' AMG)

• Thread starter Ronald6
  • 198 comments
Very in depth and amazing review. Thanks for taking all the time to test, run, and review the "Duck" :cheers:

I tried to make a car that is easy to drive no matter the tire or driving style. It appears that I might have done that :dopey:

Thanks again, and now I'm going back to re-read it again đź‘Ť

@Obsessive Rules:
I wasn't able to pm you.
Do you still want a review?
Is it the Premium Suzuki Swift Sport '07?

Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato CN.AR750106 '65

Base Model
165hp, 620kg, 489pp @ 0.0 miles
Racing Hard tyres stock

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:38.314
What a fantastic little car! I've never spent time with this car. I bought it on my old DS3 account (to complete the collection) but never drove it. Or any of the SEMA cars, really.
It comes stock with a custom tranny and suspension. I was a little weary of the Racing Hard tyres but I'm warming to them (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).
Very nimble and responsive. The suspension has alot of room for roll but doesn't sacrifice slalom capability. The turn in is sharp and precise. Mid-corner is precise but plagued by under-powered under-steer. Corner exit is similar to mid-corner, but body roll is so nice that there is no recoil what-so-ever.
The breaks are massively powerful. Any light touch will cause the car to decelerate quickly and it's hard to judge the correct pressure.
Throttle lift-off helps on some corner entries but besides that pedal steering isn't noticeable. There just isn't enough power for these tyres to experience power over-steer.
Excellent balance. The tyres hide alot of the feedback, I think.
My "hot lap" time is horrible. I keep pushing the car looking for its limit, but instead of any form of snap-slip, it just calmly pushes off the track. This is a car that I spend most of my time trying to find the correct line instead of keeping the car on the line and in control.

Deep Forest: 1:25.690
Leagues of grip. And the breaks! I'm breaking 9/10 farther on into the first corner than almost any other car. It's not really trail breaking, it's too short.
The tyres make the camber and elevation changing corners hardly worth mentioning. If I hit the corners fast enough the lack of power is mitigated and situational over-steer can take hold and maintained.
Most of the other corners are simple full throttle. Boring.

Autumn Ring: 1:25.226
Now that's more like it. The sudden lateral shifts allow for more throttle steering.
Again the breaks are so powerful I feel like I could stop on a dime.
This track brings out the nature of this car well.

Cape Ring Full: 2:55.205
If I keep the car as close to it's limit as I can then it actually becomes easier to handle as it's rotation is easier to initiate and control.
It's got massive room for correction but don't abuse it. Keep the car tightly on the line with the least disturbance and it becomes a wonder.
At the limit the throttle and wheel are closely in harmony. The breaks are a different story. They will take alot of getting used to.

----------

Sports soft tyres

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:42.532
Much better. The "weaker" tyres bring out the cars personality better.
The limit is still very easy to feel and feedback is increased. There is still alot of room for correction.
Turn in is precise. Mid-corner could use a little more over-steer instead of pushing. Corner exit is still very stable.
The breaks are a little better behaved. Trail breaking is easier to initiate and control, aiding in mid-corner rotation.

Deep Forest: 1:30.301
The stability is awe inspiring. The camber and elevation changing corners don't effect the control inputs hardly at all.
Excellent control at the edge with alot of room for correction. A little more power would be welcome to help the rotation.
The breaks are still out if sync with throttle and steering inputs. But easy to predict and control.
Good engine noise.

Autumn Ring: 1:30.778
This track makes the under-steer very manageable. Either the corner is so sharp that power over-steer is easy to initiate. Or the body roll through the slalom sets up power over-steer. Or the elevation changes set up power over-steer.
Throttle control has a very large range and the good feedback lets me know how far I can push the car.

Cape Ring Full: 3:04.614
It's like driving silk. Smooth and strong.
The car is very predictable at every speed, camber, and elevation change. The limit is easy to approach and recover from. In some instances it's hard to tell the difference between recovering from over-pushing the limit and rotating the car slightly quicker than intended. Lap ruining mistakes are virtually non-existent, even in a track as long as Cape Ring.

All-in-all:
A very well balanced car with slight over-steer. The limit is like a bouncy house (or like a glass floor overlooking the Grand Canyon, exhilarating and fun so long as you can hold your fear in check).
Personally I would give this car a smidge more over-steer and adjust the breaks to be in better harmony with the throttle and wheel inputs, and to work with ABS: 0.
It comes with Racing Hard tyres but could probably work with Comfort Medium tyres without too much difficulty.

Ending Mileage: 106.8

Comfort Medium tyres

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:49.291
Now that's what I was looking for. The engine now has just enough power to overpower the rear tyres so throttle control is much more responsive. But it still has a cast amount of stability. The precision is only a smidge less but mid-corner control more than makes up for it.

-----

If anyone has a tune for this car without hp upgrades please let me know. I'll probably test it on SH like the Base Model.

Last edited:
NewDriver2 / Toyota Corolla Levin GT-Apex (AE86) '83
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7433547#post7433547

Short form review
186hp, 970kg, 405pp @ 28,976.8 miles (Borrowed, not built)

Standard Setup
Comfort Soft Tyres

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:49.081
My input controls needed to be smooth, and very gentle. Feed the brakes (see, I can spelt correctly, Despy), feed the throttle, feed the steering. Gently.
This car doesn't have a problem with fishtailing but it does have a very real problem with 'maintaining attitude.' Once the car settles onto its attitude (which is achieved at about 5% steering, most cars are around 20% - 30%) it does not want to leave it. Un-coil or counter-steer all you want, once it's 'settled' it requires 'counter throttle-steering' to straighten out.
Very rewarding to get right. Most of my laps were red or at least wasted as a hot lap. It took four laps to just not spin out every other corner. Then another eight laps to find my brake points.
Is this a Clueless tune or a Wallbanger?

Deep Forest: 1:36.340
I have a headache now. The c'e corners aren't a problem because of the camber or elevation changes, it's because the complex is a slalom. This car does not like to change its attitude once it's settled. Keep the slaloms gentle or splat.
But when I get it right it feels great, like I got top 10 on a Seasonal TT.

Autumn Ring: 1:36.187
Much better. Now that I've adjusted myself a little more I'm not having a problem keeping just under the cars attitude. As long as I don't let the car settle then it is capable of wonderful things.
Five laps in a row I improved my time by at least a second each lap. And not one red lap. Boo'ya.

Cape Ring Full: 3:17.615
Ok, now that I have a handle on the car I might be better at describing it's characteristics.
Just because I only have 5% steering available doesn't mean that I can't get alot of performance and feedback from that 5%. The car is surprisingly easy to navigate through the first complex, from the first hairpin to the mirrored U. As long as I keep my steering Very gentle and my throttle delicate the car cuts through the slalom like a knife.
But push it just a smidge too far and it's 'mauntained attitude' grips the car like Darth Vaders' force choke. ("...your sorcerers ways, ku k k..." thud.)
Turn in, I believe it goes without saying but I'll say it anyway, has no under-steer. It is very responsive and will rotate on a dime at any speed.
Mid-corner is easy to maintain (ha!) and is very throttle responsive. On a long corner it might actually be beneficial to settle the car as long as I can break out of the force choke. The cars hyper sensitive throttle during cornering makes predicting future inputs difficult.
Corner-exit is where the difficulties lie. It's almost impossible to mash the throttle. Throttle lift-off is needed on many corners in order to straighten out.
Braking is excellent. Sensitive but excellent. Braking distance is short and trail-braking is comparatively easy.

Last edited:
NewDriver2 / RUF BTR '86
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7321555#post7321555

Stage 1: Base Model
388hp, 1180kg, 500pp @ 6,521.9 miles (engine overhaul)
Painted Midnight Purple II with stock wheels

Standard Setup
Sports Hard tyres stock

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:42.993
The tuned car is called "Pinky Wings." The Base Model should be "Flying Coffin."
Never forget that it's a RR. Massively overpowered. Throttle control is a must. The rear end can swing round on any corner with less than full throttle.
Keeping the front end on the line is difficult. I'm having a hard time judging my line, powering through with throttle while not letting the car over-rotate. Snap over-steer isn't a problem, it's keeping the front end planted that's the problem.
3/4 of my laps were lost, either red or useless.

Deep Forest: 1:30.507
Better, I believe that Trial Mountain Reverse has more sudden c'e corners compared to Deep Forest. Even though the c'e corners are more severe they don't disturb the car as much as at TMr.
I feel like a lumberjack. I do more sawing on one corner in this car than on the entire track in any other car I've reviewed. Keeping the front end in the front isn't as unpredictable on this track.
Turn-in isn't as fuzzy now that I'm more familiar with the car, but throttle control has a great impact on the cars rotation.
Mid-corner is easy to spin out in. Even if I nail the entrance just 1% more throttle than the car can handle and the front end (yes, the front not the back) goes whoosh. Counter-steering calls for throttle lift-off just about every time.
Corner exit has the same problems as mid-corner. Since I try to brake early and feed the throttle evenly and consistently through the corner exit it is often difficult to know where mid ends and exit begins.
Braking distance is long. Even after I settle the brakes to consistent pressure the car still takes a while after to settle its weight.
The cars deep suspension and long time to settle take some getting used to. Pedal steering wouldn't be so bad if the weight shifts were more predictable.

Autumn Ring: 1:30.464
Tyre temperature is a major issue with this car. If I maintain the car at it's limit, such as a long corner or a long slaloming complex, the rear tyres simply overheat and it takes a moment for them to cool to the point where I can get back on the throttle to any degree. By this time I'm seconds down on my ghost.
Sporting around is fun but if I try to approach what I feel is around 80% of the cars potential it lets me know how little I know about car control (I become Physics' b!+¢#). Part of this is due to the tyre temp problem and part is due to the overpowered throttle steering. Want to over-steer: just power on. Want to under-steer: um, wait, throttle lift-off induces over-steer. Better choose a line that favors over-steer.

Cape Ring Full: 3:04.108
Slow = fast. If I push the car not only am I more likely to snap, but the cars line becomes fuzzy and unpredictable. When I stopped pushing the car and stopped sporting around and I began to Sunday drive I started to produce on every corner. Break very early and gently feed the throttle. Don't let the back end start to sway in any way. I cut seconds from my lap this way.

Unfortunately I upgraded the car to the Modded Model before I tried the Base car on Sports Soft tyres.

Stage 2: Modded Model
517hp/1062kg/557pp @ 6,600.2 miles

(The tuned car calls for adding weight to the front which will pull the pp back down to 550. I'll leave the pp at 557 and count on the tune to make up the difference when I apply it.)

Sports Soft tyres

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:34.881
Not nearly as unpredictable as the Base car.
The brakes still need alot of room but considering the increase in speed this is perfectly acceptable. Trail-braking is ill advised.
Turn-in is still fuzzy but much more precise than before.
Mid-corner and corner exit don't call for as much sawing and are more stable and predictable.

Deep Forest: 1:21.627
Much more manageable. The extra power is hardly noticeable except in the engine sound.
The lack if stability under braking is menacing. On single corners braking early is enough, but in a complex it is hard to maintain the cars attitude consistently.

Autumn Ring: 1:24.460
The tyre temperature control is still a must. I'm only using 10% of the cars power on 90% of the track. Very over powered.
Again: long braking distances and not trail-braking.

Cape Ring Full: 2:48.531
Throttle lift-off has more effect than counter steering. Timing this correctly during the cambered slaloms is rewarding, the car feels like it's on a waterfall.
Mid-corner braking is rarely called for on this track, but where it is will often try to push the car off the track if I'm not careful.
Keep the nose in front of the rear and the can in line and it will sing. Let it's nose wander a smidge too far and watch it go whoosh whoosh. Corrections to keep it under it's attitude is fine. Corrections to keep the car on the line once the car has over-extended its attitude are usually catastrophic.

Last edited:
NewDriver2 / RUF BTR '86 "Pinky Wings"

Stage 3: Full Tune
517hp, 1132kg, 551pp @ 6,670.0 miles (oil change) (custom Passionate Pink wheels added)

Standard Setup
Sports Soft tyres

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:33.944
NewDriver took a Saber Tooth Tiger and transformed it into a Bengal Tiger. What was deadly at a glance is now tamable even while retaining the ability to eat your face if it chooses to. This car is far from neutered, it's not even on a leash.
The brakes alone are worth the tune. Braking distance is much shorter and trail-braking is not only possible but, dare I say, useful.
Turn-in is vastly improved, much more accurate and much less pedal steering dependent.
Mid- and corner exit are the most improved. I'm not lumberjacking anymore. Just smooth coil to uncoil.
The suspension feels much more stable with over-steer on demand.

Deep Forest: 1:21.092
I'm not fighting the car as much. When I push the car beyond its attitude it doesn't mean instant death, but instead both front and rear gain slip, with the rears slightly more than the front. Drifting is possible, but not hot lap advised.
Tyre temperature isn't as much of a problem. Even when pushed the tyres maintain an even temp.
I use the throttle much more for speed now rather than steering.

Autumn Ring: 1:21.438
I had to take a break and test MCHs car for the Rally/Street Shootout. After coming back to this car I had to learn it all over again. It took me laps just to get the brakes down.
The brakes feel like they take a mile but if you think they're not working try the stock car.
Just like the stock and modded cars 100% throttle is rarely called for. I'm usually sitting around 30%.
Turn-in is slow compared to other cars but is much better than stock. The turn-in feels a little fuzzy, and this car does not handle the slaloms well.
Mid-corner and corner exit are where this car shine. Get the entry under wraps and the mid- and exit are cake. So long as you don't expect to ever hit 100% throttle anywhere near a corner.

Cape Ring Full: 2:47.958
There are seconds laying all around this track. Just completing a lap without it being red or useless is a chore.
Racing this car is almost impossible, sporting around is another thing. This car asks to be pushed much more than the stock car and handles it better but it will always have more power than you can use for any corner.
Be boldly cautious. Or is it cautiously bold.

Last edited:
But push it just a smidge too far and it's 'mauntained attitude' grips the car like Darth Vaders' force choke. ("...your sorcerers ways, ku k k..." thud.)

This comment now gives you a tenure-like status on my "list of cool dudes". :sly:đź‘Ť

You're gonna make me blush DB.

The car I got from the lvl 15 ticket from the tuned 350z challenge: RS200 Rally car. Why can't it be one that was used in the Rally/Street challenge. Oh, well.

Anyone interested in tuning by proxy?

Ronald6
NewDriver2 / Toyota Corolla Levin GT-Apex (AE86) '83

Short form review
186hp, 970kg, 405pp @ 28,976.8 miles (Borrowed, not built)

Standard Setup
Comfort Soft Tyres

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:49.081
My input controls needed to be smooth, and very gentle. Feed the brakes (see, I can spelt correctly, Despy), feed the throttle, feed the steering. Gently.
This car doesn't have a problem with fishtailing but it does have a very real problem with 'maintaining attitude.' Once the car settles onto its attitude (which is achieved at about 5% steering, most cars are around 20% - 30%) it does not want to leave it. Un-coil or counter-steer all you want, once it's 'settled' it requires 'counter throttle-steering' to straighten out.
Very rewarding to get right. Most of my laps were red or at least wasted as a hot lap. It took four laps to just not spin out every other corner. Then another eight laps to find my brake points.
Is this a Clueless tune or a Wallbanger?

Deep Forest: 1:36.340
I have a headache now. The c'e corners aren't a problem because of the camber or elevation changes, it's because the complex is a slalom. This car does not like to change its attitude once it's settled. Keep the slaloms gentle or splat.
But when I get it right it feels great, like I got top 10 on a Seasonal TT.

Autumn Ring: 1:36.187
Much better. Now that I've adjusted myself a little more I'm not having a problem keeping just under the cars attitude. As long as I don't let the car settle then it is capable of wonderful things.
Five laps in a row I improved my time by at least a second each lap. And not one red lap. Boo'ya.

Cape Ring Full: 3:17.615
Ok, now that I have a handle on the car I might be better at describing it's characteristics.
Just because I only have 5% steering available doesn't mean that I can't get alot of performance and feedback from that 5%. The car is surprisingly easy to navigate through the first complex, from the first hairpin to the mirrored U. As long as I keep my steering Very gentle and my throttle delicate the car cuts through the slalom like a knife.
Turn in, I believe it goes without saying but I'll say it anyway, has no under-steer. It is very responsive and will rotate on a dime at any speed.
Mid-corner is easy to maintain (ha!) and is very throttle responsive. On a long corner it might actually be beneficial to settle the car as long as I can break out of the force choke. The cars hyper sensitive throttle during cornering makes predicting future inputs difficult.
Corner-exit is where the difficulties lie. It's almost impossible to mash the throttle. Throttle lift-off is needed on many corners in order to straighten out.
Braking is excellent. Sensitive but excellent. Braking distance is short and trail-braking is comparatively easy.

Thank you Ron for your review the car looks good in laps time wow . I think this is Clueless Garage tune not Wallbanger :lol: . This car made for sesaon '80 so its not hot lap machine . Like i said before love the the car have a touch of drift will you are racing this is not good to have agood lap time from it and most of tester they don't like that . But you đź‘Ť you understand it will and you manage it will on the road .

Thanks Ron again :gtpflag:

I just completed my review of NewDriver2s RUF RGT. Fun car.

Because three of the tuners that I had planned on reviewing for got themselves banned I am currently short on reviews. If you would like me to review your car just let me know.

CSLACR / RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7209090#post7209090

483hp, 1150kg, 534pp @ 15,788.1 miles (engine overhaul & chassis maintenance)
Drivetrain: RR
Weight Distribution: 40/60

Painted (Lotus) Chrome Orange Metallic w/ custom Chrome Orange wheels.

I saw CSLACRs "Stock Tune" for the Yellow Bird and I jumped on it. It should complement NewDriver2s RUF RGT.

Standard Setup
Sports Hard Tyres stock

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:42.705
The minor camber and elevation changes on this track play havoc with this cars weight distribution/transfers.
Is it just me or is this car easier to control than the stock RGT? Perhaps I'm more used to a car with enough power to kill me on any and every corner.
Stephen Roser I am not. With the RGT I could only give it 30% throttle but at least I felt like I was reaching 80% of the cars potential. I'm only reaching 30% of this cars potential.
Turn-in is very fuzzy and pedal dependant.
Mid-corner and exit depend alot on entry. There is more than enough power to overpower the tyres on demand.

Deep Forest: 1:28.914
My steering inputs must be pro-active rather than reactive to my throttle inputs. The car must be kept as close to in-line as possible. If the the front or rear ever overextend, even by a hair, I'm off the line and fighting to regain control rather than stay on-line.

Autumn Ring: 1:30.986
Driving on this track is like pushing a stroller down a busy intersection. Careful, careful. It feels like I'm crawling but really I'm flying.
My fastest laps were after I stopped trying to push, or even sport around. Just for the S&Gs I took a few laps where I never heard a squeel. As soon as I heard a squeek I backed off. I never tried to reach the cars attitude but instead kept it as close to in-line as I could. My times increased by 2 seconds.

Cape Ring Full: 3:02.688
I spend so much effort controlling the cars attitude with the throttle that it's hard to control the cars speed with it.
If I keep the car in-line I can shove alot of power through the rear wheels, but the very slow to respond and deep suspension make any quick maneuvers suicidal.
The transition from trail-braking attitude to throttle attitude is not in any way in harmony.

Last edited:
CSLACR / RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87

483hp, 1150kg, 534pp @ 15,840.6 miles (oil change)
Drivetrain: RR
Weight Distribution: 40/60

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:40.601
Just like NewDriver2s tune, this thing isn't neutered, it's not even on a leash. Everything that was there in the stock car is still in this car, just slightly more mild.

Deep Forest: 1:26.508
There's a hint of under-steer under throttle now. If it was there on the base model I didn't feel it. It allows me to push the car a little harder with a larger window of forgiveness. It's still hyper sensitive and can be overpowered on demand.
The c'e corners are more predictable on this track, even if they might look more severe. Working with them is much easier than TMr.

Autumn Ring: 1:28.541
Turn in early, throttle gently through the apex (focal point really, but that's splitting hairs) and through the exit. That's the idea at least. Through the slalom this becomes difficult. The body sway doesn't work well with the quick maneuvers needed to navigate through the complex. The throttle is still mostly used for steering rather than speed control.

Cape Ring Full: 3:00.092
As long as I remember that while driving the stock car I had to keep it perfectly on-line. With this tune it's more like a balance beam. A little more room to work with, but not a whole lot.

Last edited:
Ronald, since you say you're short on reviews, I'd appreciate it if you could review something else from me. :lol: Maybe you'd find something that fits your driving style... Just go through the list I have on the OP of my garage and pick something you like.

Nice eclectic collection of cars. I'll go with the TVR T350C '03. I believe that car is a handful stock. Can't wait to see what you did with it. Looks nicely close to stock.

I'm pleased with that tune actually, I just bumped it up to 500PP and set up adjustable stuff. Can't wait to see what you think of it. đź‘Ť

Ronald6
Nice eclectic collection of cars. I'll go with the TVR T350C '03. I believe that car is a handful stock. Can't wait to see what you did with it. Looks nicely close to stock.

:bowdown: This is a very VERY good tune. I'm sure you'll enjoy it :dopey:

After the two RUFs in two days I'm ready for something easy to drive. Maybe a Honda Civic with TCS 5? I have a headache.

Ronald6
After the two RUFs in two days I'm ready for something easy to drive. Maybe a Honda Civic with TCS 5? I have a headache.

Easy to drive eh? How about a Honda Today G '85?.... now where could I find a tune for that? :dopey:

MotorCityHamilton / Subaru Impreza WRX STI '07
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7510068#post7510068

290hp, 1470kg, 457pp @ 0.0 miles
Drivetrain: 4WD
Weight Distribution: ??/??

Painted (Lamborghini) Verde Ithica till I get a (Honda) Lime Green metallic. Custom Enkei JS+M wheels painted (Aston Martin) Ghillies Green

Standard Setup
Sports Hard Tyres stock

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:41.324
An easy car to drive. Most of my time will be spent perfecting/predicting my line rather than fighting the car to stay on the line.
The braking distance feels crazy short. Trail-braking is simple and transitions to throttle attitude well.
Turn-in is precise and even with throttle steering is very predictable.
Mid-corner is fantastic. The braking to throttle harmony makes controlling the car easy. The car never produces too much under- or over-steer no matter how much I push it.
Corner exit has zero body sway and full throttle can be achieved very early.
(Because my machine locked up exiting the track I lost the miles I drove on this track.)

Deep Forest: 1:28.164
Very predictable. I almost always have just one deceleration to acceleration point for every corner. My coil and un-coil are likewise "saw" free. Simple in-out inputs, smooth and without any form of sway or retaliation from the suspension. Even the most violent inputs, while producing predictable extreme rotation, will only draw a yawn from the suspension. Burn into a corner 10mph too fast and at most the car will calmly rotate and lose the line by only inches.
The c'e corners don't effect the car to any noticeable degree, except when the car is pushed to it's limit.
The car sits well in its limit. I say "in" rather than "at" because the window of 'throttle under-steer to over-steer' is broad and easily controlled.
The car already feels like it has a custom tune on it.

Autumn Ring: 1:28.395
Every lap I improved my time. Every lap was an opportunity to refine my braking points and how much throttle could be fed to keep the car just over its under-steer attitude.
I finally got a red lap. Apparently it is possible to achieve snap under-steer. When it did hit it was like a wrecking ball took out my front end. Wham! goes the wrecking ball, Wham! goes the wall. Ouch! goes my head.

Cape Ring Full: 3:02.633
I know it's a fun ride when a snap steering correction makes me want to scream a martial arts shout at the screen ("Ai! Car! Do!"). At two in the morning not a good idea.
There should be a cylon like eye on the hood below the scoop. I checked and all aids are off except ABS: 1. But it feels like something won't allow the car to go too far out of control. LSD + Torque Split?
Five even six laps are possible without pitting. Even with the tyres constantly being pushed to their limit they last a long time.
I'm sure a skilled driver could hit under three minutes easily.

Last edited:

Stage 2: Modded Model
292hp, 1347kg, 465pp @ 44.7 miles (no oil change)

I installed the areo and weight reduction. I was tempted to add the "wing," it just looks so cool. And I installed a carbon colored hood for that cylon look.
I did not apply the ballast or engine limiting.

Trial Mountain (Reverse):
The pp difference is so minor and the changes so few I'm not going to bother running a Modded car.

Last edited:

270hp, 1347kg, 450pp @ 45.7 miles (no oil change, power limited to maintain pp)
Drivetrain: 4WD
Weight Distribution: 58/42
Tyres tested on: Sports Hard

Autumn Ring: 1:28.672
(Using stock transmission from Shootout.)
Trial Mountain (Reverse): Final drive: 5.021, 1:40.819
Deep Forest: 1:28.584 (I'm redlining at the start/finish line.)
Cape Ring Full: FD: 4.634, 3:01.783
The front tyres definitely take the brunt of the workload. The car can be held at 100% at almost all times and because it is absolutely effortless to hold the driving line I can watch my times drop in relation to the loss of front tread.
Everything the Base car was except it rotates easier. The precision on entry is still excellent and if anything the window of control from mid- through corner exit is even broader.
Ripping through the gears is intuitive and well timed. I never find myself having to rush down-shifting even with the alien stopping distance.
When the front tyres do overheat be careful. It hasn't snapped on me yet but it will lose the line by feet.
Just about 100% of this car's throttle is usable for acceleration. What little pedal steering there is does not detract from keeping the car under proper acceleration. Very little pedal steering is needed to rotate the car, and none is needed to keep the car under control.
Unfortunately part of the reason the car can accept full throttle so well is that it is very limited, the power delivery feels neutered toward the end of the power band. There's lower to be had there but I can't reach it. Still, at this PP it's unbelievably quick.

Last edited:
TrackRipper / TVR T350C '03
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7003731#post7003731

349hp, 1187kg, 488pp @ 0.0 miles
Drivetrain: FR
Weight Distribution: 50/50

Painted (TVR) Reflex Spice (appropriate, no?) w/ custom Enkei RP03 wheels painted (TVR) Reflex Spice (I like the stock wheels but I can't paint them, the Enkei have a deep inset that shows off the color well.)

Standard Setup
Sports Hard Tyres stock

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:42.544
Why haven't I driven this car before? It's fantastic.
A well balanced over-powered FR. Kinda like a GT86 but with more bite.
It feels like a Yellow Bird, keep the front and rear in-line when approaching the limit. Drifting is possible, easy and controllable, but not hot lap friendly. Any time I hear too much tyre noise I need to pull it back.
The excellent balance helps with all aspects of cornering. Even with the over-powered FR attitude the car still produces subtle and predictable under-steer on corner entry that has a mile of room to push through to over-steer.
The only time I lose my line by any noticeable degree is when I'm performing a false entry input (slaloming) and the body sway kicks the rear end out more than I want. It is predictable and controllable, just more than I want.
Definitely a car I perfect my line in, rather than fight to maintain my line.
The balance shows in the tyre wear. The front and rear heat and wear at nearly identical rates.

Deep Forest: 1:28.019
For a good high performance FR car there needs to be a 'window of control,' under-steer to over-steer through the throttle. The larger this window the easier the car is to control. This car has no problem with this 'window of control.' It's not a window so much as it is a drive in movie screen.
The point where under- transitions to over-steer is usually fuzzy in most other cars and requires pedal steering to manipulate. In this car that 'point' of transition is larger than most cars 'window of control.'
Keeping my steering ahead of the transition point and my throttle maintaining the transition point I achieve the best times (does that make sense?).

Autumn Ring: 1:29.336
Forget what I said earlier about pulling back as soon as I heard a sound out if the tyres. On the "squeak, squeal, screech" meter this car os comfortable and produces best in the upper range of "squeal."
The car almost feels like a four wheel drive. For the best cornering I brake minimally, throttling early and let the cars excellent grip and balance soak up any excess speed, power through any under-steer and maintaining the point if transition (if needed, for longer corners) and continue to power through the exit, un-coiling gently and early. Bliss.

Cape Ring Full: 3:02.249
Just about the most perfect track to showcase this car. The hairpin and high speed c'e corners highlight this cars exceptional balance and throttle control.
The only problem I had was that since it's so easy to maintain the car on the limit (not near, on) the tyres would overheat due to the prolonged stress.
It is a rare car that I can keep improving my time for four laps straight on CRF, and still have the tyre tread and balance left to keep hotlapping. Amazing tyre life and wear balance for a stock car.

Last edited:
TrackRipper / TVR T350C '03

Stage 3: Full Tune (no stage 2 needed)
386hp, 1187kg, 501pp @ 59.6 miles (no maintenance)
Weight distribution: 50/50
Drivetrain: FR

Note: the posted tune has a top speed of 186mph, and I'm only hitting 172mph with the same gear ratios. Shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Sports Hard Tyres stock (the tune calls for SS)

Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:39.187
The car feels much more alive. Pedal steering plays a larger role than the stock car. Braking produces more over-steer. Turn-in is sharper and quicker to respond.
Corner entry to mid-corner has more under-steer under throttle for more of the pedal range than before. The car can be pushed harder before over-steer is induced. The over-steer is harder to ride.

Deep Forest: 1:27.100
The extra under-steer under throttle is mated with more, and more consistent, power. Some of that under-steer is needed to help manage the extra power I can now shove through the rear tyres.
Trail-braking is tempting to use because it quickly rotates the car to the right direction so I can get back on the power earlier, counting on the cars balance and high, even grip to pull me through.
Finding and maintaining the point of transition is more difficult and takes longer to achieve. Thus the tempting trail-braking.

Autumn Ring: 1:28.281
This track seems much more in harmony with this tune than the others. The cars quick rotation under trail-braking coupled with the time it takes to transition from under-steer under throttle to over-steer eats up this tight track. If the car does achieve over-steer be careful, the car now has a 'maintaining attitude' tendency at corner exit under throttle.

Cape Ring Full: 3:00.627
The power-band is much more consistent. Shifting mid-corner, even with the extra horses, isn't as upsetting as it was.
Finding the correct harmony between wheel and pedal inputs during mid- and corner exit is difficult. When achieved I know when I nailed the corner.

Last edited:
Back