14. #48 ACDCROCKS123 - 3 points

Driver's Championship after Regular Season race #3 of 10:
QRzq4.png

Owner's Championship:
eCe8T.png

Manufacturer's Championship:
aXRiQ.png

Woah, I'm in the chase.. Wonder how long that'll last.. :dopey:

The three people who cut the least appear to be the three people who have been here the longest. Says a fair bit I think.

I vote we keep Monza in, not because I'm any good at it, but I still think its a fun, exciting and attacking track, with four seasons of SC history behind it, including three different winners and controversy.

I'll be sad to see it go.

Knelly
The three people who cut the least appear to be the three people who have been here the longest. Says a fair bit I think.

I vote we keep Monza in, not because I'm any good at it, but I still think its a fun, exciting and attacking track, with four seasons of SC history behind it, including three different winners and controversy.

I'll be sad to see it go.

And me in like probably my 10th SC race actually was close to those who you speak of :)

Ew I lost the point lead. I'll probably never see it again. My fault for being sloppy all day.

:(

Last edited:
Would like to put a shout out to two people here.

Drop, as host he absolutely led by example providing the fewest cuts all race, with these being mistakes other than blatant cuts. Was a shame about his pace which suffered as a result of staying on the right side of the law.

Matty, obviously wanting to adhere to the rules. There were times where he could have cut lots more due to under braking but made conscious efforts to correct himself not to cut when he could have just run over them. Mattys problem corner was Ascari 1 which he just couldn't get right on the day. It wouldn't have made a difference but I counted 16 cuts (Niop was lenient :lol: ), most of these at A1, with only two by lap 12 I think it was. . Matty deserves his podium.

Hats off to both of you. 👍 Coming for that Chase spot Matty :sly:

EDIT : Matty as early contender for Most Improved SPRINT?

The first Ascari apex is the worst, since a) it's the easiest to cut, even with the more standard OLR rules, and b) you gain the most time from doing so.

That being said, Ascari as a whole is a fantastic corner.

As luck would have it, I'm gonna miss this week as well. Sorry guys, but real life just doesn't follow schedules as well as we do in here. I'm quite disappointed as well, I've worked hard at a competitive Motegi setup. :(

I didn't use my points last week to save them for a the chase, but missing two races pretty much eliminates me which, in turn, kinda makes the points useless. Not sure if it matters if I use them now.

Knelly
Would like to put a shout out to two people here.

Drop, as host he absolutely led by example providing the fewest cuts all race, with these being mistakes other than blatant cuts. Was a shame about his pace which suffered as a result of staying on the right side of the law.

Matty, obviously wanting to adhere to the rules. There were times where he could have cut lots more due to under braking but made conscious efforts to correct himself not to cut when he could have just run over them. Mattys problem corner was Ascari 1 which he just couldn't get right on the day. It wouldn't have made a difference but I counted 16 cuts (Niop was lenient :lol: ), most of these at A1, with only two by lap 12 I think it was. . Matty deserves his podium.

Hats off to both of you. 👍 Coming for that Chase spot Matty :sly:

EDIT : Matty as early contender for Most Improved SPRINT?

Thanks Knelly, feels good to be mentioned in a very good way in this thread, just wait for Motegi

"Matty was up front and leading for 199 laps until lapped traffic hit him on lap 200 causing him to wreck and lose all grip, he later came 7th.. :lol:

Well done sorting all that out Drop, couldn't have been an easy few days for you.

Onto Motegi, and can I ask, are there any rules around pit entry / exit, as there are clear lines where to do both? ~ducks for cover~

As luck would have it, I'm gonna miss this week as well. Sorry guys, but real life just doesn't follow schedules as well as we do in here. I'm quite disappointed as well, I've worked hard at a competitive Motegi setup. :(

I didn't use my points last week to save them for a the chase, but missing two races pretty much eliminates me which, in turn, kinda makes the points useless. Not sure if it matters if I use them now.

I think you have to. There are 11 drivers from 5th to 15th place all within 10 points of each other. That's a very tight race. Every point is absolutely going to matter. Plus, if your sub driver can run the whole race, you have a better than average chance to beat a few drivers, since some might not run the full distance, or could suffer disconnects.

The Power Rankings could look very interesting with this (brief?) change of top guys :odd:

If you look at last week's power rankings, almost everyone on the list had a terrible week, if they showed up at all. :ouch:

Matty, obviously wanting to adhere to the rules. There were times where he could have cut lots more due to under braking but made conscious efforts to correct himself not to cut when he could have just run over them.

I also noticed Knelly, Tom, and ACDC making the same effort. Even when they overshot the first part of the Chicane or Ascari due to late braking, they would do anything to get the car back on the proper line for the next part of the series of turns, even if it meant bringing the car way under the normal speed. Either the HMS team was the most rulebook-aware team as a whole, or Niop put the fear of death in them before the race. Either way, you could see the extra effort being made to stay on track, and it was quite refreshing to see.

I also want to say that while watching other drivers, I noticed how clean and respectfully smuffy and kartman were during the race. Smuffy drove behind Tom for quite a few laps, and resisted several chances to dive bomb him going into corners. Smuffy would usually let out extra early, making sure there was no pressure going into a corner that might cause an accident. Gokartman offered the same respect to Spurgy and Niop at various points in the race, letting out, rather than forcing the issue, when many other drivers probably would have gone for the tight pass.

I'm sure there were other drivers also driving like this, but I didn't see anything from the Matty/Carb/neljack/RPH area of the field, as they were pretty much behind the breakaway lead pack I watched earlier in the week, and ahead of the cars I watched last night.

Well done sorting all that out Drop, couldn't have been an easy few days for you.

Onto Motegi, and can I ask, are there any rules around pit entry / exit, as there are clear lines where to do both? ~ducks for cover~

I'm not going to require drivers to use the apron for pit entry (mostly because I don't want to have to watch 100+ pit stops over the course of the race, especially since Motegi will probably have 5-6 lap rewind and fast forward increments since it's a 200 lap race). But, I will suggest that it is probably a good idea to pull down on the apron going in to turn 3 when you are pitting. Coming down off of the banking out of that sharp fourth turn on old tires could be a bit tricky for some. Also, you are not required to run the apron all the way out of the pits, but you should try to remain on the apron if a driver is approaching turn 1&2 with a lot more speed than you. Please be respectful of the other drivers on track as you enter and exit the pit.

Last edited:
Just a innocent question Drop, will there be power rankings this week? Or will you wait till after Motegi since its been a long week? :)

Just a innocent question Drop, will there be power rankings this week? Or will you wait till after Motegi since its been a long week? :)

I'll do power rankings this week. It's just going to be really hard to pick the last 4 or 5 on the list, as so many people are packed from 5th to 15th in points. People that didn't show up to Monza might even move up this week.

See the late edit in this post.

Yup, I believe I will go ahead and use my half-points this week, (provided someone drives for me), and then shoot for a miracle over the next few weeks. Whoever ends up driving the #18, feel free to PM me if you'd like some setup help, I'm confident I can run a top-5 race there. Again, I'm really sorry to let you down Carb, I entered this season with the best intensions.

Edit: I realize it's not "half". Just poor wording. Come to think of it, we should name it our "Lucky Dog". :D

Last edited:
I also noticed Knelly, Tom, and ACDC making the same effort. Even when they overshot the first part of the Chicane or Ascari due to late braking, they would do anything to get the car back on the proper line for the next part of the series of turns, even if it meant bringing the car way under the normal speed. Either the HMS team was the most rulebook-aware team as a whole, or Niop put the fear of death in them before the race. Either way, you could see the extra effort being made to stay on track, and it was quite refreshing to see.

Cheers Drop, I think everybody was aware but some didn't make as much effort as others to make corners even when they out broke themselves because they didn't think you'd be so tough on penalising cuts.

Well the dream team has to lead by example I suppose.

Sprints nomination for best race battle:

The Rulebook vs The field at Monza.

MustangRyan
Sprints nomination for best race battle:

The Rulebook vs The field at Monza.

That's classic :lol:

And now, a moment of your time for nearly 2 years of stupidity:

(From part of a message I sent to gokartman) "I've been a bit dumb with my TV. I couldn't figure out why an HDMI image would never show on screen. Then I found a button that let's me choose between setting the screen to DTV, TV, AV1, AV2, YUV, and HDMI. That's only taken me about 2 years to figure out. I've been playing at the PAL native resolution of 576i until now. Now it's displaying at 1080p :D"

My remote has designated buttons to switch between TV, DTV, AV1, AV2, and Radio, but I'd never bothered pressing the Function button that's right next to them...

Back