◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,533 comments
Someday I'll get that 3 screen rig built. Unlikely to make me any faster but it'll be more fun and interesting to play.

Good God you guys and your money. I'm lucky to have an internet connection fast enough to play.

…of course I guess I chose the pauper's path… (kinda)

Or you could do what I did: Triple-screen setup on a budget!

I was so inspired by OwensRacing's rig so much that I was determined to go three-wide myself. However, I knew I couldn't spend too much if I wanted to keep the misses happy. After all.. happy wife, happy life!

Here's how I did it with minimal damage to my bank account:

Step 1: Bought one of these. Considering that they originally retailed for $500, it's an absolute steal at only $179.99 (remember, it's 3D!). On top of that, I got it on sale when it was only $159.99!! :D
Step 2: Surfed craigslist for a good PS3 deal until my head hurt. Found a guy selling a fat PS3 with three games and five controllers for only $120. By the time I sell the three games and five controllers, I will have made most of that money back!
Step 3: Found a third copy of GT5 (again on craigslist) for only $10. If you're paying more than $10 for GT5 these days, keep looking.
Step 4: Put two 23-inch flat panels (that I already owned) on either side of the Sony 3DTV mentioned above and hooked up my other two PS3's (one I purchased six years ago, the other I won at a work event last year)
Step 5: Enjoy an entirely different level of immersion while playing GT5! 👍

Last edited:
dangerzone641
Does anyone have any tips for breaking in cars? And no i can't use B-spec because im only level 4

Set up an online race at your track of choice, set laps so you hit 200 miles +- and drive.

Alternatively, widget grind your bspec level so you have more drivers, get the endurance bspec opened up and set up the Laguna seca 90 lap race and let it run while you sleep or work.

If you don't want to create an alternate account to host for your main, add me, share all your drivers and ill grind them up for you. My bspec grinding account is DragonScotch.

Does anyone have any tips for breaking in cars? And no i can't use B-spec because im only level 4

You can set up one B-Spec driver, correct? I can run the B-Spec grinder on that driver all day and get his level up so you can access the endurance races.

For the combined points championship, what about these:

The Hard-Iron Shell Award
The Undisputed Racing Divisional Award
Divisional Internet Championship King

Step 1: Bought one of these. Considering that they originally retailed for $500, it's an absolute steal at only $179.99 (remember, it's 3D!). On top of that, I got it on sale when it was only $159.99!! :D
zer05ive, Do you run that screen in 3d? If so what is your take/review of it? I have been tempted by that and would love to know how the 3d adds to the experience.

You guys and your screens. I'm running on a ghetto set up. Loan me 400 bucks for a racing seat haha. My current set up is a lawn chair, a wheelstand, g27 preowned, and a 22 inch flat screen computer monitor. Chrikey my back gets sore haha

zer05ive, Do you run that screen in 3d? If so what is your take/review of it? I have been tempted by that and would love to know how the 3d adds to the experience.

I haven't run it in 3D yet, but I didn't really plan to anyways. I just tried doing it so that I could give you a review, but I can't even click on the option that says "Adjust 3DTV mode settings" (anyone know what I'm doing wrong?)

That being said, I have played GT5 in 3D twice before and I wasn't all that impressed either time. There are definitely games where 3D adds a lot to the experience (FPS's for example), but I don't think GT5 is one of them.

You guys and your screens. I'm running on a ghetto set up. Loan me 400 bucks for a racing seat haha. My current set up is a lawn chair, a wheelstand, g27 preowned, and a 22 inch flat screen computer monitor. Chrikey my back gets sore haha

Aside from my three screens, my setup is very average. Just a desk and an office chair. Don't get me wrong, racing seats are awesome, but if I had to choose between triple screens and a racing seat, the triple screens win. :)

SPAM!!!! Great stuff. Didn't like it until I had it Korean style. That is to say, my friends Korean girlfriend made it on rice with an egg over medium. Gotta be fried.
F.E.S.S.S, I took the first letter from each series, and ordered them up in the only word they would spell.

Thanks to all who manage S.N.A.I.L. !!! We gotta get the Friday Endurance races up & running with different classes for different divisions. Maybe LMP for Div.1 & 2, GT for Div.3 & 4, and street cars (or Tuners) for Div.5

I like that idea too, but three classes is probably a bit much. I'd suggest starting with two classes and see how that goes first. Have D1, D2, and D3 in one class and D4 and D5 in another class. Or have D1 and D2 in one class, and D3, D4, and D5 in another class. Just choose the option that would result in mix of cars close to 50/50 in each class. 👍

So am I in D4 now? Because I just checked the drivers list and it still says im D5, or is that not been updated yet?

As always, kcheeb will make a post to announce when the promotions and relegations are finalized. We've had preliminary discussions already, but will be making the final decisions tomorrow evening.

Back