F.I.T.T 2000 Shootout

• Thread starter NEWDRIVER2
  • 385 comments
Great 1st round, a lot of very good cars,congrats to everybody.

Here is my tune for Trial mountain.

For the gearbox:
1-reset
2-top speed 260 kmh = 161 mph
3- Set each gears ratios
4- final gear at 4.330
Done

toy.jpg

Have a nice drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°

Updated the tune for "Blue Girl" and car is back on share.👍👍

Note: The settings in red are the adjustments made for the final round of the F.I.T.T.2000 Shootout on Trial Mountain. The adjustments to the transmission and brakes were to try and address issues that test drivers had in the first round, while the suspension changes were to improve handling and allow the car to ride the curbs and rough track of Trial Mountain better. Ol'Harvey managed a 1:36.360 and from splits left at least another second on the track.:D

Edit: here is the link to the updated "Blue Girl" tune.:cheers:

My round two entry has been updated. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7798437#post7798437

One other decision that needs to be made for round two test driving. What is considered out of bounds on Trail Mountain? Can the test drivers cut across the yellow stripes on the left side before and after the tunnel? Since we are using average lap times, it is important that all testers do it the same way. Most rule that you can cut across the yellow stripes because it is still tarmac.

I drive over the yellow stripes, I also straight line through the first and last parts of the lap as much as I can without invalidating. I would also usually count a fastest lap if I scraped the car on the pit wall (if the lap didn't go red).

My round two entry has been updated. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7798437#post7798437

One other decision that needs to be made for round two test driving. What is considered out of bounds on Trail Mountain? Can the test drivers cut across the yellow stripes on the left side before and after the tunnel? Since we are using average lap times, it is important that all testers do it the same way. Most rule that you can cut across the yellow stripes because it is still tarmac.

Well, since GT5's penalty system doesn't get you for cutting the lines, I'd say to allow it. And to be honest, quite a lot of us have gotten used to taking lines which cut straight across them, so it'll be more than slightly inconvenient for the testers, no?

Guys I made changes to my car and I did lap time 1:37.xxx is it good or not tell me please .
And this is with out cutting the Tarmac .
Test drive
1 Grado
2 Ron
3 me
4 MCH

Last edited:
Motor City Hami
Thank you for the decision Newdriver.

Who is planning to test drive? I plan to build the scoring sheet sometime today.

I will be gone Thursday to Saturday, but if I can get some testing in between now and the Deadline I will 👍

Guys I made changes to my car and I did lap time 1:37.xxx is it good or not tell me please .
And this is with out cutting the Tarmac .
Test drive
1 Grado
2 Ron
3 me
4 MCH

It is difficult to compare lap times if you didn't cut over the yellow lines?

I have time to test, but with my car in the finals, I don't want to tilt the results in any way. I would feel better about it if some of the guys like Praiano, Grado and XD also tested the finals.

It is difficult to compare lap times if you didn't cut over the yellow lines?

I have time to test, but with my car in the finals, I don't want to tilt the results in any way. I would feel better about it if some of the guys like Praiano, Grado and XD also tested the finals.

We can test but without including our cars 💡 You, Grado and Me we will test only 5 cars and Ron and Cy they will test both of them the 6th cars .
Because I'm thinking that will be only two tester for last round only :
Ronald
Cy
Guys what do you think of that take the decision now ?

Edit :
three tester now
1- Ronald
2- CyKosis
3- Krenkme
👍 👍

Last edited:
We can test but without including our cars 💡 You, Grado and Me we will test only 5 cars and Ron and Cy they will test both of them the 6th cars .
Because I'm thinking that will be only two tester for last round only :
Ronald
Cy
Guys what do you think of that take the decision now ?

That won't work well with this average lap time point system. All testers need to test all cars. I think it is o.k. the more testers we have, the less chance that one driver would help his own tune. For example, if only four people test, I would be 25% of the final score. If six test, it is better at 17% of the total. Better to have more testers.

I think it's better for all testers to test all cars.

If you test only opponent cars, you will decrease your chances of doing well if you give out higher scores than the other testers, or increase your chances of doing well by scoring all the cars a little lower than other testers.

That won't work well with this average lap time point system. All testers need to test all cars. I think it is o.k. the more testers we have, the less chance that one driver would help his own tune. For example, if only four people test, I would be 25% of the final score. If six test, it is better at 17% of the total. Better to have more testers.

Ok ,i'll be a tester too. If dirt tires are allowed ,i know some shortcuts across the mountains, i drove a lot this track in GT1 Subaru Impreza WRX-STi Type R and GT2 with the OPEL TIGRA ICE CAR... :):)👍

Another option :

Group A
1- MCH car
2- MrGrado car
3- NEWDRIVER car

Group B
1- Praiano car
2- Theo car
3- XD car

Group A tuner they will test Group B cars
Group B tuner they will test Group A cars
Ronald both Group
CyKosis both Group
Krenkme both group
Only Theo is out of test !!!

Decision and Vote for that ?!

If we have six testers, I don't think a split would be necessary. Plus, any group that Praiano or Ronald test is sure to have at least a half a second advantage. The points system works better if each tuner tests all cars for the finals. Six or more should be fine, plus with three finalists testing it further reduces the chance that our individual scores get inflated.

For example: I expect that we me driving, my tunes always seem to be about half a second faster than Praiano's for me. On the flip side, when Praiano test drives, his tunes seem to be a half a second faster than my tune for him. It make sense because my tune was built for me so it should rock for me. Same for Praiano. His times will wash out my times and all should be equal.

Put me down as a tester as well.:drool:
I think as long as we keep in mind the DC scoring like it has been discussed in this thread and in the F.I.T.T. thread there won't be any issues. Plus as MCH points out the results tend to balance out across all testers.

So now for sure we have 8 tester :

1- MCH
2- Praiano
3- Ronald
4- CyKosis
5- XD
6- Grado
7- Newdriver
8- Krenkme !!!! Not sure

Back