◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
Torino
Guys, is allowed to paint the cars?

In my welcome note to you and everyone else that joins, I include a link to our car colour/number spreadsheet. Have a look through it and post your choice back here 👍

Hey guys, just a comment on the changed physics; it's definitely different, it seems a bit more like how the physics "used" to be like a year ago. The cars, generally speaking are bit more understeery on throttle. I know for many this can be frustrating, but I would say to just roll with it and use it as an opportunity to improve your driving technique in terms of "adaptability." It's great to tune a car to suit your driving style, but it's much more difficult to adapt and use the skills in your "driving toolbox" to adjust your driving technique to suit what the car is giving you. Rather than fight it, accept the cars balance and adjust your technique accordingly. I personally still find the game to be great fun and really haven't noticed a "dramatic" change in handling balance like many seem to indicate. Anyway, just my 2 cents on the topic. You guys are good drivers; just take the hand you are dealt and do the best you can - you will come out a more complete driver in the end, and find that if you can adapt, you will be faster across a wider range of platforms (both drivetrain layout and physics engine.)

-Nick

Hey guys, just a comment on the changed physics; it's definitely different, it seems a bit more like how the physics "used" to be like a year ago. The cars, generally speaking are bit more understeery on throttle. I know for many this can be frustrating, but I would say to just roll with it and use it as an opportunity to improve your driving technique in terms of "adaptability." It's great to tune a car to suit your driving style, but it's much more difficult to adapt and use the skills in your "driving toolbox" to adjust your driving technique to suit what the car is giving you. Rather than fight it, accept the cars balance and adjust your technique accordingly. I personally still find the game to be great fun and really haven't noticed a "dramatic" change in handling balance like many seem to indicate. Anyway, just my 2 cents on the topic. You guys are good drivers; just take the hand you are dealt and do the best you can - you will come out a more complete driver in the end, and find that if you can adapt, you will be faster across a wider range of platforms (both drivetrain layout and physics engine.)

-Nick

Words of wisdom from zen master nick

Words of wisdom from zen master nick
:)

Zen.jpg

lol @ shift 2

It's so arcade

The concept of Sift 2 is awesome. It's very exciting to race because of the visuals like crap hitting the windshield, rubber pebbles on the outside of the racing line and great racing sounds. The few times I've played it, the racing really gets the adrenaline pumping. The problem is the cars feel like boats, and the graphics are so so. Racing GT5 by comparison is a ultra clean to a fault.

Also it still has the lag input steering which makes me want to hurl.. In this day and age how can they fail that bad..

Anyway 👍 to what Nick says for me I love the new physics esp in JGTS. (Opposite to Owens) The corner entry understeer means you can't enter super aggressively or else you will understeer wide, or off track, and be slower. My style was allways to have a smooth entry which in old versions lost me a little time to those who could do more aggressive turn ins.

Also in racing situations I find it's nicer as you can hold different lines a bit easier provided if the inside slows enough for his tighter radius etc :D.

In my welcome note to you and everyone else that joins, I include a link to our car colour/number spreadsheet. Have a look through it and post your choice back here 👍

Thanks! 👍
I choose:
Car Colour: "Celeste"
Wheel Colour: "White"
Car Number: 1

👍

Ah, ok. I did a few laps (6) & I only get a 1:34.2
Only Oil Changed. Anyways, is my first time in this Track.
I will have to practice for the sunday :crazy:

Yes, I think it's possible to hit low 1:32s with more practice
1:33.63 had noticeable errors even though it was fastest in red room

👍

Ah, ok. I did a few laps (6) & I only get a 1:34.2
Only Oil Changed. Anyways, is my first time in this Track.
I will have to practice for the sunday :crazy:

The Red Room represents the mid D3 to mid D5 guys, for reference, Torino.

Forced was a finalist read his Sig. The bit on you and your brother was quite nice in the Youtube videos. So it runs in the family being epicly fast :P.

I'd like to join S.N.A.I.L. I've been looking for a way to get faster and this seems like a good chance to find what I need. Compared to others, I may come off a little slow but I think I have potential. Thanks for your time and consideration.

I'd like to join S.N.A.I.L. I've been looking for a way to get faster and this seems like a good chance to find what I need. Compared to others, I may come off a little slow but I think I have potential. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Bienvenido! Plenty of ways to get faster here!

Hey DriftinAssassin,

Thanks for joining S.N.A.I.L., plenty of people willing to help you get faster here 👍

Please read the following:

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L.
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The first post has all the rules and regulations for S.N.A.I.L. It is the first place you need to check if you have a question. If it's not answered there, feel free to post your question on the thread.

The second post has the current race lineup for Sunday and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all S.N.A.I.L.s to join as many as possible.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Would anyone be willing to break in a couple cars for me before Sunday? I've been doing the mad scramble to level up my B spec driver and I think I'm about out of time in my extremely hectic schedule. I should have bob up to Endurance level by next week if I have the time. I figured I would try going into Sunday's racing WITHOUT an immediate disadvantage if I can help it.

Would anyone be willing to break in a couple cars for me before Sunday? I've been doing the mad scramble to level up my B spec driver and I think I'm about out of time in my extremely hectic schedule. I should have bob up to Endurance level by next week if I have the time. I figured I would try going into Sunday's racing WITHOUT an immediate disadvantage if I can help it.

Send me a friend request (jobyone71) and I should be able to help:)

Braving the world of open lobbies. Anyone still up that needs to recover from all the eating and drinking come join me

1472-6118-4216-8215-2070

Back