Black friday Amazon thrustmaster.

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 64 comments
GUMP07
I've noticed some amazon USA sellers offering the T500RS for $360.00 USD.

I wouldn't know if they are the most current version.

Then I found a few at $320 shipped on amazon but they were gone a few hour later.

The PC NATION website looks like the best price as of now.(mentioned in an earlier post)

Sweet! Thanks for sharing. I bought one with the TH8rs, so both of them was less than 500 USD on Amazon. Decided to just buy the CSW in 2 years, so hopefully the shifter and at least a rally rim is available by that time :sly:

I hate you guys. Coming across this thread after I was supposedly done with my Black Friday shopping is critically dangerous to my credit card at the moment LOL.

F1 wheel is in todays lightning deals on Amazon. Right now its at $150, its been as low as $140, curious to see if it will actually fall below that. Deal starts at 5:10 PM PST (~13 hours from now)

would a US version work in the uk, looking to order from the amazon.com website, (I Live in the UK)

Yes Power supply is universal (100-240V) and power cord is detachable. So just use an UK power cord:
10m-iec-power-cable.jpg

Mechanically and electrically, CSR = GT3 RS (minus the xbox wireless module) Design is another story

That was quick. Mine isn't due here until Wed. did you use free shipping?

I'm not worried about the versions anymore.

Yes I got free shipping, ordered on Thursday. Why aren't you worried about the versions? Seems like pedal springs on versions 3 and lower are bad.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have had no problems with my v1 pedals other than I screwed through a wire. Which was my fault .

Yes I got free shipping, ordered on Thursday. Why aren't you worried about the versions? Seems like pedal springs on versions 3 and lower are bad.

That'd odd on the shipping, maybe it was the timing of my order. I ordered Thursday evening I think. However, I'm in Seattle and it shipped from California.

With regard to versions...
Mostly because the issues I have seen are relatively minor. Something like a pedal spring that may or may not break isn't too big of a deal to me. If it were a major part, like the motor or something mechanical inside the wheel, that would worry me much more.

That'd odd on the shipping, maybe it was the timing of my order. I ordered Thursday evening I think. However, I'm in Seattle and it shipped from California.

With regard to versions...
Mostly because the issues I have seen are relatively minor. Something like a pedal spring that may or may not break isn't too big of a deal to me. If it were a major part, like the motor or something mechanical inside the wheel, that would worry me much more.

Mine came from PA shipped to NJ.

Anyways, the fact that it has bad parts and the chance of it always breaking after a year or so is annoying. Especially when warranty runs out. What is the warranty on this wheel anyways?

Awesome black friday guys, I spent ~$450 for both the wheel and shifter! My g25 was $300 back in the day. This should definitely be an awesome upgrade. My stuff will arrive tomorrow.

IIRC, warranty is 1-year.

If that wheel had 360 functionality, I'd be all over it. As it is now though, I'll just stay with my CSR as it has a bigger chance of being supported by both next gen systems as well.....It does look really good though.

I did get the TH8RS Shifter though.....👍

First post so please be gentle..... lol

Guys, I was lucky enough to be able to order the T500 RS wheel from Amazon UK during last weeks Black Friday week of deals. I received a huge box yesterday and with the anticipation that Xmas had come early I ripped open the shipping box to reveal that Amazon had sent me the wrong wheel! Instead of the T500 RS, they sent me the Ferrari F1 Wheel Integral T500 Base & Pedals :). Now I find myself in a dilemma. Do I return the wheel and get it exchanged for the T500RS or keep it? I can get the RS wheel kit for an additional 99Euros from Thrustmaster directly if I want to though.... I haven't opened the box, so it's still mint... Decisions, decisions......

would a US version work in the uk, looking to order from the amazon.com website, (I Live in the UK)

You do realise you will be done for customs tax and the parcel force clearance fee.. so you are looking at an extra 20% plus £12 clearance fee. Also I was not aware one could order from Amazon US directly.

Let us know what happens....

Normally the T500 F1 Integral is more expensive than the "normal" T500 RS. So you can get the T500 RS + Ferrari add-on wheel (so you own 2 rims) and pay the same as for the T500 F1 Integral (with only 1 rim).

But in your case this calculation does not work! So it depends on which rim you like to have.

- If you want the F1 rim only, keep it.
- If you want the GT rim only, send it back.
- If you like to have both rims, keep it and buy a additional GT rim. This seems to be cheaper than a additional F1 rim.

got my T500 today from pcnation, also a v2. coming from a DFGT this thing is a monster and feels great, both the wheel and the pedals.

first thing i got the drivers and put on the new firmware. calibration went ok, though it seems to recenter itself about 3deg to the left. tested all the FFB actions and buttons. all ok. one thing that feels odd, if i turn it through the full 1080 degress of rotation i feel some definite "notches" at 22,39,55,72 and 88% (from the control panel). anyone else feel this?

after some initial setup in rFactor i'm already close to my previous lap times, gonna take some time to get used to these shifters though....i've jammed my fingers into the top and bottom of them a few times already...

IIRC, warranty is 1-year.

I had questions about the warranty period because the product description varies from retail vendor to vendor on the www.

That could mean that somewhere along the line Thrustmaster changed their policies and retail vendors never updated the product description.

....so I called Thrustmaster tech support USA last week. I was informed that the warranty is 2 years.

I also queried them about warranty service in USA in event Thrustmaster products like the TH8RS are purchased from Amazon.UK (of which I purchased a few).

I also quizzed them about warranty service for the T500/TH8RS in the event it were purchased in USA and used in Brazil since I am involved in sending sim stuff down there.

So here is the gist according to the Thrustmaster tech support rep -

EU product warranty laws vary from country to country, so in the case of the TH8RS purchased from Amazon UK and used in USA:

Thrustmaster will provide warranty support that includes replacement parts that can be shipped to the end-user.

However, should product replacement or receipt of the product by Thrustmaster for repair purposes be necessary, it has to be sent to Amazon UK.

In the case of the T500 purchased in USA and sent to Brazil:

Basically the same situation, support is available in Brazil unless you need product replacement, or have to submit whole unit for repair, in which case it has to be sent to Thrustmaster in USA.

Last edited:
got my T500 today from pcnation, also a v2. coming from a DFGT this thing is a monster and feels great, both the wheel and the pedals.

first thing i got the drivers and put on the new firmware. calibration went ok, though it seems to recenter itself about 3deg to the left. tested all the FFB actions and buttons. all ok. one thing that feels odd, if i turn it through the full 1080 degress of rotation i feel some definite "notches" at 22,39,55,72 and 88% (from the control panel). anyone else feel this?
That sounds very similar to what I posted in the main T500 RS thread, but my notches are in slightly different positions. There is a theory that the notches reappear at different points in the rotation as the belt passes over a certain point multiple times where it has warped from being in storage. Mine is also a V2, which suggests it left the factory a very long time ago.

I meant to post back here and just haven't had the chance as I have been very busy lately...

My wheel arrived yesterday from PCNation. It is a V3. I am certain this intermittent notch is the belt having sat in one place for an extended period of time. How do I know? :) Well, When I took the wheel out of the box, I made sure not to turn the rim when doing so. The rim was turned at about a 40 degree angle to the right. As I started to turn it, I felt it come out of this "notch." As I continued to turn, I felt the lump several more times. Because the location of this notch seems to vary for people, I truly feel it's just the belt. Mine was VERY prominent.

I took some steps to work it back in the right direction though. First I found two points where I could feel this notch. Then I turned the rim so it was as close to "between" them as I could get it and left it. Then, I turned up the heat in my house to 75 degrees and set the wheel over the vent. NOT ON IT, just over it. I left it there for about 10 minutes or so to get it nice and toasty warm. My thinking here was that this would make the belt more pliable and susceptible to change.

After that, I connected the wheel and started using it. The notch was still there, but it was less prominent. I then played for several hours. When I was done, I left the wheel again in that midpoint between where I could feel the notches.

Later I went back to play and the notch was greatly reduced and was entirely gone after only a few minutes of playing. While actually DRIVING, I cannot feel this notch at all, not one bit. However, I don't normally drive with the constantly 40 degrees off center. If someone's notch is just off center or right in the center, it may be more noticeable. The notch on mine is still there, but it's not really something I can sense while driving. Only if I turn the wheel very slowly and feel for it.

My advice is to keep leaving the wheel as I do between uses, centered between two notches. It will end up working itself out over time. During use, the belt will heat up. Then it cools. You want it to cool when it's not on a notch! :D

On another note... I didn't like the stiff brake upgrade so I made my own in a matter of minutes... I'll post that later on. Cost is maybe $4, a trip to the auto parts store and some tape ;) The rewards are quite excellent.

Thanks for the detailed description! I've been trying to leave the wheel in between notches too, and after an initial bit of success with the notch becoming less prominent, it now doesn't seem to be fading any further, and it's still pretty noticeable during low speed turns across the centre point. Mine is very near the centre point so it's generally more noticeable, because it's around that deadzone (not actually a deadzone, just a vagueness) for many older cars that are lazy to respond to small inputs off centre.

Another question - does your motor make a strange noise under any kind rotation (when plugged in)? It's not that loud but mine makes a kind of 'static' or stippled white noise... hmmm it's pretty hard to describe! Maybe like a creaking, but it's an electrical creaking (clearly electrical because it doesn't make the noise when I rotate it when it's unplugged). I might try to record it.

Very interested in reading what you came up with at the auto parts store mrbasher.

Edit: I get the creaking sound also, PLazarou, but only notice it if I move the wheel in menus and the like. Don't notice while racing.

On the noise. Yes. I believe it's just PWM (voltage being applied to the motor ON OFF ON OFF really fast) noise given the pitch and when it happens.

I am not saying you are making more off things than they actually are, but you sound a little like me in that you are super critical of things you buy and every little sound or wobble or whatever is cause for concern. I would recommend you try as best you can to enjoy the wheel. Give it a week and see how you feel. If you can't let it stop bugging you, you will never enjoy it. :) If it BREAKS, that's another story. I'm just saying, be careful not to worry too much about things like the fan being louder than you want or the motor making a little squeak, etc. I'm not saying it's bad to do, I do it as well. But if you concentrate too much on it, you'll end up having a hard time enjoying the wheel. :) Just my .02 Remember, this is speaking from experience! :D

mcfizzle,

I will get something posted up pretty soon. It's ultra ghetto, but it works great so far. I need to make sure I have the right part number before I post it. Don't want folks accidentally ended up with the wrong thing!

Back